Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Cowardly Doomed Peasants RTD [Turn 7: Didn't Get Better]  (Read 11569 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cowardly Doomed Peasants RTD [Turn 0: Why? Why Not!]
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 07:40:59 am »

Being a farmer, Sam knows quite a bit about finding rocks in soil.

Find a pair of throwing-rocks while meandering to the battlefield with the rest of the peasants.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 07:50:25 am »

Are you taking a waitlist?  I'm guessing maybe so, since the body count should be high.

Name:  Urist McNotADwarf
Description:  A short, bearded peasant, Urist insists to everyone that he is not a dwarf.  Since he's just a peasant, no one listens to him- or really cares if he's a dwarf in the first place.  He still insists anyway.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 08:01:30 am »

Turn 1: Moral Dilemmas

Nedenir then...goes to fight, while searching for anything he can use as a weapon or even better, as a shield (other peasants are not out of question).
[5] You find a shield! It's beat up and rather small, but it's metal and everything! Woooo!

Gained: xSmall Iron Shieldx, +0 Defense

Seeing the choice between being stabbed now or being stabbed later. Betrand decides to choose the latter.

Look for a weapon or shield.
[6] You discover a sword! The only trouble is, it's currently resting next to a snoozing guard with a metal breastplate and helmet...

Find a pitchfork or an axe or something. Also  piece of cloth or something for Nirur.
You find a toolshed, and quickly liberate a piece of cloth and a sturdy woodcutting axe.

Gained: -Woodcutting Axe-, -2 Attack, +1 vs Heavy, +1 vs Mobile
Gained: Piece of Cloth

Bryan will look for a pony to commandeer and will fetch his pony slopping bucket.

If successful with the bucket search, wear bucket as rudimentary head armour.
[1] That's not a pony, it's a hungry jackal!

Being a farmer, Sam knows quite a bit about finding rocks in soil.

Find a pair of throwing-rocks while meandering to the battlefield with the rest of the peasants.
[4+1] You find some very nice throwing-rocks.

Gained: +Throwing Rocks+, -3 Attack, +1 vs Heavy, +1 vs Mobile

Quote from: Toaster
Appear!
Well this doesn't look good.

Those of you approaching the main courtyard notice at least three distinct scenarios unfolding, to the right, center, and left.

The middle catches your eye first, since it appears to be an eight-foot tall werewolf throwing around fully armored soldiers like bowling pins.

The right contains several rickety-looking skeletons. Pinpoints of light shine in their sockets, glancing around.

The left contains some addled-looking fishmen of some sort, around the size of hobbits.

Peasants are getting ready to charge the skeletons and fishmen.

Rather Dashing (Darvi)
Not on fire, doesn't smell much
1/1 HP

-Woodcutting Axe-, -2 Attack, +1 vs Heavy, +1 vs Mobile
Piece of Cloth

Bryan the Slopper (lawastooshort)
Pony slop
1/1 HP

Nedenir Adaros (Caellath)
Peasant sheepdog
1/1 HP

xSmall Iron Shieldx, +0 Defense

Bertrand (10ebbor10)
Mud, mud and literacy
1/1 HP

Sam (Nirur Torir)
Farmer
1/1 HP

+Throwing Rocks+, -3 Attack, +1 vs Heavy, +1 vs Mobile

Urist McNotADwarf (Toaster)
Not a dwarf!
1/1 HP

Betrand: Moral Dilemma
Bryan: Facing Jackal

Do note that even useless or harmful items (+0 or lower bonuses) can sometimes have situational effectiveness.

Are you taking a waitlist?  I'm guessing maybe so, since the body count should be high.
Quite! In fact, 6 probably isn't too many peasants at once.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Cowardly Doomed Peasants RTD [Turn 1: Moral Dilemmas]
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 08:04:22 am »

If the guard isn't on our side, take the sword and run.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2012, 08:07:04 am »

Spoiler: Waitlist! (click to show/hide)

Edit:
Name: Rather Dashing
Description: Isn't dressed like a peasant; Doesn't smell like a peasant; Certainly isn't on fire like a peasant.
Love the reference here.  :P
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 08:18:08 am by Tiruin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2012, 08:09:52 am »

He wouldn't be taking a quick nap in the back of the fort if he wasn't on your side.

Or, on the fort's side, at least. You could potentially have differing opinions as to whether he's on "your" or "our" side.

Spoiler: Waitlist! (click to show/hide)
Adding now!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2012, 08:12:57 am »

Catiously wake him up. Politely ask him where I could find weapons or armor.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 08:21:57 am by 10ebbor10 »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2012, 08:21:21 am »

Wrestle the jackal with the aim of using him as a weapon against the skeletons.

When the peasants charge: charge! Make lots of noise! Stay at the back and pick up the first weapon to fall if I haven't got a jackal.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2012, 08:25:11 am »

As a true Sheepdog Warrior, Nedenir can fight pretty well, even when he can't see dog's shit thanks to his sheepdog hair!

He moves near the fishmen front and on his way, he looks for armor or a bow from dead soldiers who were flung by the werewolf in the middle.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 08:57:01 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2012, 08:25:36 am »

Give Sam the piece of cloth. Then check if the axe has a good balance for throwing. If so, toss it at the wolf's head by swinging it around for a bit.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2012, 08:27:34 am »

((Huh...Was Darvi's action an auto-success?))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2012, 08:28:24 am »

Find a pointy stick or other spear analogue.

Spears have the advantage of letting you fight from several steps away from where the action is!

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2012, 08:35:52 am »

Spears have the advantage of letting you fight from several steps away from where the action is!
((I bet the GM won't give a shit if you roll badly.  :D))
>Yes?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2012, 08:52:20 am »

Oh, he wouldn't and shouldn't- but it's thematically appropriate.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2012, 09:14:34 am »

Thank Rather Dashing for the cloth, which I would have had to go hungry for two or three weeks to buy.
Wear cloth as a headband and throw rocks at the werewolf's head. Aim for the eyes!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8