Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Cowardly Doomed Peasants RTD [Turn 7: Didn't Get Better]  (Read 11571 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Cowardly Doomed Peasants RTD [Turn 1: Moral Dilemmas]
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2012, 09:25:42 am »

((Huh...Was Darvi's action an auto-success?))
I'm just that awesome.
Wear cloth as a headband and throw rocks at the werewolf's head.
Aw but I intended it to be a slingshot or something. Oh well.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2012, 09:36:50 am »

Waitlist!

Name: Nix Dumac

Description: A completely bald, brown skinned man, with the look of a fisherman, covered in dust and mud.  Wears a ragged tunic, some decent pants, and a piece of cloth around his mouth. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2012, 03:29:21 pm »

((Huh...Was Darvi's action an auto-success?))
Oh, oops. He rolled a [5], but I forgot to put it in somehow.

Waitlist!

Name: Nix Dumac

Description: A completely bald, brown skinned man, with the look of a fisherman, covered in dust and mud.  Wears a ragged tunic, some decent pants, and a piece of cloth around his mouth. 
Adding.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2012, 04:02:10 pm »

Turn 2: Polite Conversation

Catiously wake him up. Politely ask him where I could find weapons or armor.
[2-1] You cautiously wake him up.

"Wha-wha?! What's the big idea, you?"

"Excuse me sir, where might I find some weapons or armor?"

"Ohhhhhh, a tough guy, eh? Hows about I show you some weapons an' armor real close?"

He's now holding the sword very menacingly.

Wrestle the jackal with the aim of using him as a weapon against the skeletons.

When the peasants charge: charge! Make lots of noise! Stay at the back and pick up the first weapon to fall if I haven't got a jackal.
[2-1] vs [10+1] You attempt to grab the jackal, but he just sort of blurs away. Huh, you guess that was an illus- [1+3] vs [5-1] OH GODS BEHIND YOU- [4+2] vs [3-1] You weave to the side, and your eyes lock with the jackal's for a moment before it bounds forward with more speed than you can adjust for. The last thing you see is quite literally the jackal's jaws rushing up into your vision, which is a very cool and horrifying effect.

+2 Wrestler
Now Dabbling Wrestler!
+4 Dodging
Now Dabbling Dodger!
-10 HP
Now at -9
Max HP now 5!

A CLASH occurs sometimes when two combatants roll equal numbers. Rather than calling it a draw, the total roll is added as a wager to a tiebreaker roll, generally using the same modifiers (though in this case, not the jackal's +1 for a surprise attack), with the wager added on to the roll of the winner.

As a true Sheepdog Warrior, Nedenir can fight pretty well, even when he can't see dog's shit thanks to his sheepdog hair!

He moves near the fishmen front and on his way, he looks for armor or a bow from dead soldiers who were flung by the werewolf in the middle.
[4-1] The soldiers seem alarmingly hardy- maybe all that heavy armor is doing its job? You're still pretty sure you couldn't do that in that armor, though. You do manage to find a fairly large dagger lying on the ground- it's not much, but it's surprisingly well-made and in good repair.

You and another mass of peasants rally up in front of the fishmen, who do some rallying of their own. It's either pathetic or epic in its own, very small way, two ragtag, poorly armed, probably drafted armies with absolutely no idea what they're doing lining up to do battle.

The air is tense, waiting for someone to make the first move.

Gained: -Iron Dagger-, +1 Attack, +1 vs Heavy, +1 vs Mobile

Give Sam the piece of cloth. Then check if the axe has a good balance for throwing. If so, toss it at the wolf's head by swinging it around for a bit.
[4] You're pretty sure it does not. It's for cutting wood, not hurling across a room to implant in the chest of the guard who was rushing in to stop you.

Lost: Piece of Cloth

Find a pointy stick or other spear analogue.

Spears have the advantage of letting you fight from several steps away from where the action is!
[5] You find a common guard's spear, leaning against a nearby building. Nobody's around, so you take it.

Gained: -Iron Spear-, +3 Attack, +2 vs Heavy, +2 vs Mobile

Thank Rather Dashing for the cloth, which I would have had to go hungry for two or three weeks to buy.
Wear cloth as a headband and throw rocks at the werewolf's head. Aim for the eyes!

You don the headband and charge into battle!

[2-3+2] vs [9+11] Impotently hurling rocks at a werewolf somehow teaches you more about stonethrowing than you've ever known before. It's like a miniature lesson of all the different ways one can dodge a stone while also dodging spears and hurling heavily armored men ten feet into the air and twenty feet away.

[3] The werewolf neither notices nor cares about you, but the soldiers seem rather unconcerned with your welfare.

Gained: Headband
+12 Stonethrower
Now Novice Stonethrower

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Cowardly Doomed Peasants RTD [Turn 2: Polite Conversation]
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2012, 04:06:16 pm »

Er, so, I'd better try to stabilise myself or something.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2012, 04:08:14 pm »

Sorry for interupting sir. I have to go now though, I have a charge to attend sir, excuse me sir.

Pardon then run away towards the fighting soldiers. Try to loan a weapon there. Probably from one of the soldiers who were thrown away. (If they are dead, get loot. If not, help them)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2012, 04:08:44 pm »

Or just quietly bleed to death.

Stand just behind the rest of the peasants squaring off with the skeletons, and engage from a safe distance.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2012, 04:09:25 pm »

Yeah, there's not much of an action there for you, really. It's just a formality to say you haven't been eaten by jackals yet.

Which also means I might as well let Tiruin in now. Go ahead and post your action.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2012, 04:10:05 pm »

Make some sushi.

Just don't expect the fish to be clean, despite the freshness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2012, 04:12:07 pm »

Nedenir roars to inspire his group of ragtag peasants! Because he is probably part sheepdog anyway. Then he takes a step back and holds his shield in front of him, bashing the closest fishman with it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2012, 04:12:30 pm »

Er can I go on the waitlist then please.

I suspected I shouldn't have done that when I did it but I did it anyway. Whoops.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2012, 04:19:11 pm »

[2-3+2] vs [9+11]
Ehhh .....

Go punch a skeleton.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2012, 04:20:07 pm »

((Also, wtf? That spear is too good for a peasant.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2012, 04:35:33 pm »

Er can I go on the waitlist then please.

I suspected I shouldn't have done that when I did it but I did it anyway. Whoops.
Yeah, added.

And really, it wasn't that bad an action, you just rolled horribly and then rolled exactly as needed for me to test out an upping-the-stakes mechanic and then lost. If things had gone differently, your wriggling jackal shield could have been the talk of the town!

[2-3+2] vs [9+11]
Ehhh .....

Go punch a skeleton.
Ah, true peasant thinking. :P

((Also, wtf? That spear is too good for a peasant.))
That's because it's not a spear for a peasant. It's a spear for a guard. :P

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2012, 04:40:54 pm »

That's because it's not a spear for a peasant. It's a spear for a guard. :P
((I just hope my shield is half as awesome. Right now my dagger came from a [4-1] roll and it seems more useful.

Shield mechanics much?))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8