Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXXIII: u no can has ch33zburgers (9/9)  (Read 55360 times)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXIII: u no can has ch33zburgers (9/9)
« Reply #225 on: May 17, 2012, 10:24:14 am »

Supercharazad: Panicking much?

So wait, was there meant to be a question following that, or did you just think it would be a good idea to kick a bit of your suspicion onto me, scumbucket?
"I suspect you but don't know why" is an attempt to deflect suspicion onto you?

If you'd voted me there, instead of FoSing me, I'd have a case of OMGUS on you as well as voting with bullshit reasons, leading me to believe you're acting townier than you actually are.
Translation: "You didn't throw off a particular scumtell, so I think you're arse-covering scum."

Here's a question for you, if you knew I was scum with total certainty through cheating or something, would you have voted me there instead of the FoS?
Please bear in mind that at this point "something" can only mean "by being your scumbuddy," which would likely have a very different answer than the cheating case. What is the point of this question?

What was your reason for FoSing me? Did you have one, or are you just making up mindless bullshit to try and throw some suspicion onto the only person voting you? Scum.
Exactly how does his FoS work to deflect suspicion? It's a statement, not an argument. It has zero persuasive ability.

1: Well, I've voted him and if he can get people to suspect me and thus ignore him, he can avoid being lynched and thus the scum would win. It also happens to be shitty reasoning, which furthers my argument against him.
2: No, he threw off the "acting too townie" scumtell.
3: It's a good way to get people to focus on the person you are FoSing, instead of yourself.

So wait, I have a question for you. What actual reasons do you have for voting me?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 17, 2012, 10:53:57 am »

Bullshit.
Wrong. Also bullshit.
Bullshit.
Because you're scum.

1. Ask yourself: If someone else was voting him, and he FoS'd them with no case, would you look harder at him or the person voting him?
2. The "Too Townie" scumtell is a fickle beast. It's not that someone isn't acting scummy, it's that they're going out of their way to avoid scumtells or trying to tell everyone how town they are. Also, an OMGUS does not necessarily require a vote - the point of an OMGUS is that the accused attacks his accuser for daring to accuse him. Also also, an FoS is mostly used when the user has a suspicion, but it either isn't as great as the person they're voting already or doesn't have enough supporting evidence to justify a vote. In this case, I'm fairly certain it was both.
3. Not without a case attached, it isn't.

And yeah, because you're scum.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 17, 2012, 11:04:30 am »

Hey Obolisk get your scummy butt out here. You have been lurking most of the game, and all of your votes are late on bandwagons.

I'm sorry, what?  How in the hell have I been lurking?  I'm re-reading this shit, trying to figure out who the scum is.  The fact that Hapah flipped town means I need to re-evaluate everything.  Also, having 3 projects at once doesn't leave you with much time.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 17, 2012, 11:11:41 am »

Huh, I think I actually get what your saying there about lurking.  Here's the deal.  Unlike most everyone else (aparently) I have much more time on the weekends, and not as much on weekdays.  Thus I will appear less active because I either don't have time to post a ton, or because nobody else has time to respond to me quickly enough.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 17, 2012, 12:24:58 pm »

[Activity everyone.  The outcome of the game may be decided by what happens today.  Post like you want to win.]

Supercharazad:  Let's hear your case against Jiokuy again.  If you're convinced he's scum, then sell it to me like you're going door-to-door and working on commission.

Jiokuy:  Do you think obolisk is the scummiest player right now, or is that a pressure vote?  Who is your scummiest pick and why? 

obolisk:  [If you can't post with quantity, then make sure you post with quality.  But either way, it's LYLO, make sure you post.]

Urist:  I've been too busy trying to herd these newbies to notice until now that you've barely directed anything my way outside of a vote for (IMO) derpy reasons.  Cherrypicking the easy ones, scum? 

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 17, 2012, 04:12:31 pm »

Jiouky:
If Hapah flips town, Lynch me. I will personally vote myself if Hapah is town.
Remember we have 7 players if we lose 2 more the game is not lost, but if we mislynch 3 times, we lose.
If Hapah flips scum, seriously consider supercharzard as a potential scum candidate.

However I won’t let Dice’s (and his avatar’s) sacrifice stand in vain. I will see these scum lynched.
Vote Hapah

You obviously want Hapah lynched, and if he is scum I will heavily suspect you of being his scumpartner. My reasons?
1: If you were scum and knew he was your scumpartner, you could bus him, and because of my "defense" of him earlier, you would have another easy target.
2: If you were scum and knew he was your scumpartner, you would have nothing to fear by vowing to vote yourself if he flipped town because it wouldn't be a possiblity.

You're either scummier than a hard water sink, or you're really bad at being town. Vote Joikuy
I'm also going to quote from the Scumhunting bible, which puts  "voting yourself for any reason" as a scumtell. Threats and vows to vote yourself mean that either way he flips you still have scumtells on you.

This. A large pile of scumtells.

There's:

Threatening the town
Threatening to vote himself

aAso, something still seems off about super's posts, but I cannot identify it. Is it that they seems to lack actual content/solidity? Enh it is probably nothing but beginner game jitters. Hell I'm sure I throw 30 dozen tells a post. Dosen't mean I'm not gonna look at you funny though Supercharazad!?

FoSing without any reason or cause, most likely to deflect the suspicion I placed on him prior to this. (possible OMGUS here)

Not posting for two days, but being online earlier on

Votes Borno (who flipped town) because he was actually scumhunting at the start

(3) not voting who he thought was scum, but to "keep the conflict balanced".  And, of course, (4) throwing in the towel like the guilty scumbag he is.

That one's stolen off Shakerag, but still applies here.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 17, 2012, 09:05:39 pm »

Shakerag: I haven't seen anything really objectionable from you. I see nothing that warrants questioning.

Super:
There's:

Threatening the town
Threatening to vote himself

How did he threaten the town? More detail here please.
Why do you think he didn't vote himself for being wrong about Hapah?

FoSing without any reason or cause, most likely to deflect the suspicion I placed on him prior to this. (possible OMGUS here)
See my last post.

Not posting for two days, but being online earlier on
When he gave up because his lynch was imminent? I think I remember what you're talking about, as I was voting him for that time.

Votes Borno (who flipped town) because he was actually scumhunting at the start
You mean when everyone told him he was a moron?

When dealing with first-timers, it might be a good idea to weigh recent actions more heavily, as they're probably going to be a complete moron early on. In this case, I see Jiokuy as a townie who had no idea what to do at the start, but shaped up when he started figuring out how the game worked and how to hunt better.

Your case is crap. Make it better or tell me who your buddy is.

Jiokuy, Obolisk: Top two scumpicks and reasons?

Shakerag: Why aren't you voting?

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 18, 2012, 09:56:13 am »

Hey Super, I'll admit my ploy at pressuring Hapah was a bit of a failure (I did not change my vote in time :I), but that's all that was, a bold attempt to pressure Hapah into revealing a tell. It does appear that you are fishing for some bait to end the day with, find some real proof.

Obolisk I would be very interested in your opinion, If you had to vote Urist or Shakerag as scum, who would you vote?

@Jim, Urist, or Rag, is it reliable to use information from our role PM's as a method of scum hunting, I can assume that we have acquired similar or identical role PM's, scum excluded. Is counting the number of words in a role PM a violation of the no direcly quoting role PM clause. We do not have any power roles, so there should be 3 town PM's and two scum ones.

Also id I am not mistake due to the nature of BM one of our IC's is likely scum.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 18, 2012, 10:11:09 am »

Shakerag: I haven't seen anything really objectionable from you. I see nothing that warrants questioning.

Fair enough, but I'm feeling like you're avoiding me intentionally for some reason.  If you're scum, and I was in your position, I know I wouldn't want to attract undue attention from the other IC. 

So, if you're so certain Supercharazad is scum, who's your pick as his scumbuddy?

Shakerag: Why aren't you voting?
-I'm waiting on Jiokuy to answer my questions and on obolisk to post something substantial, in particular.
-In general, I want to see these nublets post some more because:
 a) It's LYLO, and posting more is what they had damn well better do.
 b) I'm not here to play the game for them
 c) I want to see them post first so as to encourage thier own arguments and not just play "follow the IC".

PPE:  Jiokuy, you're not answering my question to you.

[Jiokuy:  I'm not 100% sure if that would technically be against the rules, but there's no guarantee that all town-aligned players received the exact same role PM anyway.]

Also id I am not mistake due to the nature of BM one of our IC's is likely scum.
[Not pictured:  Reasons]

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 18, 2012, 10:28:16 am »

@Shakerag I was attempting to pressure Obolisk into speaking more, he has not been active enough for me to determine his alignment.

My role PM was very spartan, and it would not surprise me if the town all got the same PM, but I will avoid using this avenue as it would seem a bit like breaking the rules of the game.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 18, 2012, 10:56:34 am »

My top two scum picks are urist and super for going after borno like they were.  I still maintain they had no goddamn case against him.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 18, 2012, 11:02:28 am »

The fuck? I removed my vote from Borno the second he answered my questions. I'm one of the few people that didn't
join the Borno-wagon.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 18, 2012, 11:31:26 am »

Jiokuy:
Please do explain.

Shakerag:
Fair enough, but I'm feeling like you're avoiding me intentionally for some reason.  If you're scum, and I was in your position, I know I wouldn't want to attract undue attention from the other IC.
Your reasoning is understandable but your feeling is incorrect.

So, if you're so certain Supercharazad is scum, who's your pick as his scumbuddy?
Either obolisk or you, leaning far toward obolisk.

Speaking of obolisk:
My top two scum picks are urist and super for going after borno like they were.  I still maintain they had no goddamn case against him.
I smell a distancing attempt between you and Super. Also, you gained no new information D2? Nothing at all?

Super:
The fuck? I removed my vote from Borno the second he answered my questions. I'm one of the few people that didn't
join the Borno-wagon.
LIES.
[4] borno: Hapah, Supercharazad, Flying Dice, Urist Imiknorris

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 18, 2012, 11:54:20 am »

Eh? Okay, so I'm confused here. I thought I'd moved my vote to Jiokuy by that point.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 18, 2012, 11:55:50 am »

join the Borno-wagon.

That's funny, Supercharazad, because I can't seem to find an instance of you acknowledging borno answering your questions, nor you unvoting. 

You had seven posts before borno was lynched.  In which one of these did this happen?

[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22