Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXXIII: u no can has ch33zburgers (9/9)  (Read 55322 times)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXIII: u no can has ch33zburgers (9/9)
« Reply #240 on: May 18, 2012, 12:01:29 pm »

In that case I'm confused as hell and I'm trying to figure out what the hell happened back there.

Though I'm not quite ready to give up on this, I'm pretty damn sure you guys are going to lynch me now. This isn't intended as a threat to the town, but if I am lynched, then we lose without having taken out a single scum.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 18, 2012, 12:16:32 pm »

Though I'm not quite ready to give up on this, I'm pretty damn sure you guys are going to lynch me now. This isn't intended as a threat to the town, but if I am lynched, then we lose without having taken out a single scum.

[If you're not going to throw in the towel (which is the correct course of action), then you need to counter the case against you and solidify your case on who you think is scum.  If your arguments for someone being scum are strong enough, that may get people to vote your target as well.]

[Also, statements along the lines of "if I get lynched, then <something bad>" are generally poorly received and often seen as scummy.  Instead of telling everyone they're making a mistake, show them that they're making a mistake by making a brilliant case as to why someone else is certainly scum.]

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 18, 2012, 12:39:42 pm »

Speaking of obolisk:
My top two scum picks are urist and super for going after borno like they were.  I still maintain they had no goddamn case against him.
I smell a distancing attempt between you and Super. Also, you gained no new information D2? Nothing at all?
Urist, what the hell are you smoking?  Since when have I been working with super?  I've been suspicious of him since that bullshit with borno.  Consider this a lynch vote, scum.

Super, from where I'm standing, you started the damn wagon.  You weren't the first, or even second, to vote, but it was you who came out and started digging up idiotic reasons to vote borno.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 18, 2012, 01:11:41 pm »

Consider this a lynch vote, scum.
Unsurprising. As soon as you get a chance to move your suspicions you do. Why are you voting me when Super (your other prime suspect) just made a glaring slipup and provably lied to you specifically about his vote?

Since when have I been working with super?  I've been suspicious of him since that bullshit with borno. 
I see no mention of Supercharazad at all that entire day, although you do call out everyone else voting borno. If you actually suspected him, why ignore him?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 18, 2012, 01:21:13 pm »

EBWOP: Examining how players interact with one another can provide valuable information. It tends to be somewhat more reliable after someone actually flips scum, but in this case I feel it's fairly damning.

Also, again, obolisk: You gained nothing from D2?

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 18, 2012, 01:35:46 pm »

Which leads to my question. Why are you voting me and ignoring the other pweron who voted against an extend?

I'm going to dig this up here, because I just realised: You never answered this, Urist.

The way I see it, you were trying to get me lynched back then, and you never actually took your vote off me that round. Seems like a failed attempt to start a bandwagon against me and get me lynched, doesn't it? You never actually did question or vote the other people who voted against extend, unless I'm very much mistaken.

Checking the vote in which we lynched Borno, you were also the last person to jump onto the bandwagon (if the votecount isn't telling me the wrong things) and you did so because he didn't answer your question. In my eyes, it seems like pretty feeble reasoning to have someone lynched by.

Care for some explanations?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 18, 2012, 02:12:05 pm »

Supercharazad:
The way I see it, you were trying to get me lynched back then, and you never actually took your vote off me that round. Seems like a failed attempt to start a bandwagon against me and get me lynched, doesn't it? You never actually did question or vote the other people who voted against extend, unless I'm very much mistaken.

You mean this?
Supercharazad:
I voted against extend because it seemed very likely that he was trying to extend to try and pass away some of those votes, and because there really wasn't any need for an extend.

Which leads to my question. Why are you voting me and ignoring the other person who voted against an extend?
Because you, unlike Jiokuy, hadn't explained why you opposed an extend. Now that you have, unvote.

You and Jiokuy were the only two people to oppose an extend, and I did question Jiokuy about it, and his answer satisfied me.

And also, I did unvote. See my quote. I voted you again later because you were being panicky about getting attention. Town shouldn't be worried about having someone focused on them - they're worried about finding scum and lynching them. Are you certain that your targets are always scum? No? Neither are the people questioning you, save for special circumstances (cop with scum inspection). So why get defensive about being voted or questioned? It makes little sense from a town perspective.

Checking the vote in which we lynched Borno, you were also the last person to jump onto the bandwagon (if the votecount isn't telling me the wrong things) and you did so because he didn't answer your question. In my eyes, it seems like pretty feeble reasoning to have someone lynched by.
The question you're referring to was "why do you suspect everyone who attacks you?" and was accompanied by an FoS because I didn't want to unvote Jiokuy until he started contributing again. Once Jiokuy started posting again, I moved my vote to borno.

Explanations cared for and given.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 18, 2012, 02:15:31 pm »

@Jim, Urist, or Rag, is it reliable to use information from our role PM's as a method of scum hunting, I can assume that we have acquired similar or identical role PM's, scum excluded. Is counting the number of words in a role PM a violation of the no direcly quoting role PM clause. We do not have any power roles, so there should be 3 town PM's and two scum ones.

You'd be right, and it wouldn't be a violation of the no direct quotes from the moderator, but in the event that you try to do this I will provide the scum team the default vanilla town role PM so that the scum team can convincingly fake claim in situations like that.

Supercharazad: Urist Imiknorris, Shakerag
Jiokuy: Supercharazad
obolisk0430: Jiokuy
Urist Imiknorris: obolisk0430

Day ends Monday 9:00 PM MST.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 02:19:07 pm by Jim Groovester »
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 18, 2012, 09:04:00 pm »

Urist, my supsision has been on you and Hapah since day 1.  It's regretable that Hapah turned out to be town, but that doesn't change the fact that almost EVERYTHING I've read from you that wasn't green was COMPLETE BULLSHIT.  That's why I'm voting you, and not super.  I have a very low tolorance for bullshit in any form.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 18, 2012, 09:23:07 pm »

I see. So you think I'm bullshitting, hence your vote. Is provably, objectively lying (yes, emphasized again) not as great an offense? If it is, why aren't you voting Super, and if it isn't, why not?

Also, examples of such "bullshit" please. The more the merrier You want to convince others I'm the correct choice to lynch, don't you?

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 19, 2012, 05:29:45 pm »

I see. So you think I'm bullshitting, hence your vote. Is provably, objectively lying (yes, emphasized again) not as great an offense? If it is, why aren't you voting Super, and if it isn't, why not?

Also, examples of such "bullshit" please. The more the merrier You want to convince others I'm the correct choice to lynch, don't you?

'Kay

Here's your first piece of bullshit.

borno, why do you suspect everyone who attacks you?

Then this

Urist is also just shooting off bullshit.  Borno has completely good reasons for acting suspicious of the people voting him: those people have no good reasons what so ever.
News flash: Voting someone D1 for shitty reasons isn't scummy. Suspecting someone for doing so is. Unless scum make a massive slip up like claiming scum, there probably won't be any good reasons for voting someone D1. I seem to remember having said this before.

You're chainsawing for borno awfully hard, aren't you?

Then this

Incorrect. If you'll remember, I stated my reason: He was deflecting suspicion onto whoever attacked him.

How's all of that?  In summery, you vote start going after borno for being suspicious of everyone attacking him.  This is bullshit, because EVERYTHING was being built off of Hapah's argument.  Which was bullshit.  Therefor, your arguments against him, and every
defence you have given for your arguments, are bullshit.  That is why I am voting you.  You have been spouting crap since Day 1.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 19, 2012, 05:34:52 pm »

You got the green text, but ignored the black.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 19, 2012, 06:56:09 pm »

I thought I made my answer clear, but I guess not.  He has been lying, yes, but you've been pulling crap for longer than he has.  I'll vote him if you can convince me you're not scum.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 19, 2012, 07:01:41 pm »

I'm going to go ahead and quote you:
Super, from where I'm standing, you started the damn wagon.  You weren't the first, or even second, to vote, but it was you who came out and started digging up idiotic reasons to vote borno.

So I've been pulling crap for longer? You just don't want your buddy lynched.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 19, 2012, 07:17:25 pm »

Oh, thanks for reminding me.  You're lying too, with this bullshit about me being buddies with super.  Thanks for clearing the last bit of doubt I had left, scum.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22