Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The amazing powers of the Dwarven beard.  (Read 5854 times)

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
The amazing powers of the Dwarven beard.
« on: April 24, 2012, 01:44:26 pm »

We have all heard the utterly awesome descriptions of the dwarven beard and its capabilities, ranging from psychokinesis to psionics, mind control, matter reconstruction and quantum entanglement. So what exactly is the dwarven beard and what can it actually do?

As a side note, how can it allow the dwarf to die?
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: The amazing powers of the Dwarven beard.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 02:00:03 pm »

It was said that dwarf is not the intelligent one - the dwarf is in fact a parasite. Beard can somehow control the dwarf, no one has been able to explain how. We'll probably see the truth in 0.76_09.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 02:00:46 pm »

The host gets too old. The beard must go on and find a new kinsdwarf to bond with, renewing the circle of Dwarf.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 02:03:53 pm »

0.76_09.
By then the world has ended and watching ponies are considered socially acceptable.

Who said the dwarf was the parasite? Iv'e quite often heard the opposite where the beard feeds of the dwarf.

The host gets too old. The beard must go on and find a new kinsdwarf to bond with, renewing the circle of Dwarf.
It never moves away from the body, and will most likely turn into a !!beard!! considering the common causes of death. How can it find a new host if it has perished itself?
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 02:06:13 pm »

Beards are ethereal. See spirits? If the beard doesn't know the Dwarf it bonded with is dead, it tries to form a ghost memory of the Dwarf it remembers, which also causes it to inherit the memories of the Dwarf in it's final moments, which can have more than fatal consequences.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 02:08:38 pm »

But this has nothing to do with what is does while attached to the dorf and not bringing him back from the grave (to become strangely tranquil when memorialized, considering the beard created it).

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 02:09:46 pm »

Because Dwarf.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 02:10:11 pm »

likes beards for their sense of control

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 02:15:17 pm »

By then the world has ended and watching ponies are considered socially acceptable.

join the herd.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 02:18:35 pm »

join the herd.
I said socially acceptable, as in others respecting your opinion. I didn't say "I don't like MLP and am totally not watching YTPMVs related to it right now!" now did I?

Dwarves, because ponies.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 02:20:56 pm »

Again, because Dwarf.

And your argument is honey badger.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 02:29:49 pm »

Beard allows dwarf to die because it is smaller than the dwarf. In some universes beard can be spun into thread, then woven into cloth, and then you can make cloaks from it. I suppose it would protect from death.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 02:35:12 pm »

Again, because Dwarf.

Dwarves, because ponies, because dwarf = Honey badger.
Beard allows dwarf to die because it is smaller than the dwarf. In some universes beard can be spun into thread, then woven into cloth, and then you can make cloaks from it. I suppose it would protect from death.
So spacetime is a fabric which is spun by the hair of mendwarves? Even better.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 02:51:14 pm »

Again, because Dwarf.

Dwarven mathematics. It doesn't make any sense, therefore it works.

So spacetime is a fabric which is spun by the hair of mendwarves? Even better.
Quick! Call Stephen Hawking!

Too bad Einstein didn't have a beard, or we could bring his spirit back to work on this as well...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 02:55:44 pm »

Again, because Dwarf.
Dwarven mathematics. It doesn't make any sense, therefore it works.
To quote the wiki:
E=mc2, or Elephant Stockpile Marmot Cat Refuse.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: [1] 2