_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1946 1947 [1948] 1949 1950 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5932005 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: You just couldn't help yourselves.
« Reply #29205 on: August 05, 2015, 04:10:29 pm »

The man in the armor, the original owner of these candies. I was tricked into eating it after he replaced my pills with it I guess now is time for me to finally vanquish the voices and get my peace.

ah. i shall seek this man if need be, then. can you describe the armor?
would think for  a moment I believe he may have been subsumed into me as he was in here with us...perhaps I was wrong
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29206 on: August 05, 2015, 09:04:48 pm »

(Alright, I'm ready to jump back into this. Could one of you wonderful wiki people double check this for me please?)

Spoiler: New character (click to show/hide)
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29207 on: August 07, 2015, 11:45:03 am »

Milno clicks his tongue as he evaluates the possibilities. The gauntlet's capabilities only get more interesting the more he explores them. He just has to be careful it doesn't try to intrude into his mind again.

Try to use the gauntlet to absorb the new model laser rifle, then see if it can spit it back out.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29208 on: August 08, 2015, 09:41:57 am »

would think for  a moment I believe he may have been subsumed into me as he was in here with us...perhaps I was wrong

ah, i see. well, shall we begin?

CURRENT CTHUNKAN CONSENSUS: Chief vs. Henk in the second round - who shall become the Voice of All Voices? Duncan seems to have no opinion on the matter!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29209 on: August 08, 2015, 09:59:55 am »

((Gah, why do things always cost tokens.))

Guess im gonna have to handiwork this shit...

scoop up the now congealed metal puddles from the deathcube testing room. (the ones that used to be knives.)
take these metal plate thingies to whatever passes for a workshop around here and use a vice to hold them upright.
jump into my exosuit and use my laser rifle to slowly and carefully cut these plates/discs into the general shapes of a knife and shuriken.

also check the thickness on a mk1, is it thin and flexible enough that it could be used to heatproof an improvised casting mold by placing it inside the indentation without adversely affecting the cast objects shape?

The first part is fine and done.

But using a mk1 to do that? I dunno, it's fabric after all. It's gonna be really hard to not get wrinkles in there, and it has a texture to it as well, which will show up.

Assuming you don't mind burning your brain out, a hell of a lot. The Avatar can probably already tank a nuke from pretty close (ie you'd survive) but with the magic you could probably survive twice or maybe even three times as much.

What kinda level of destruction are we speaking here? No numbers, but is it on the level of house-destroying, block-destroying, town-destroying, city-destroying, continent destroying?

Could I make a 'forceshield' or something of similar result that lasts for a little while with the manip, then switch brains and use the fresh brain to make a really big kaboom? How powerful can we go like this, assuming we don't wanna damage the brains?

I'm basically trying to get an idea of how far my manip powers go.

Finally, I'd like to sort out payment for selling stuff from armory I invented.

Recently, the following stuff was bought(pan said to me in a pm I could have thrower sales tokens for now due to debt):

blaster pistol  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108083.msg6371038#msg6371038

chem thrower, goop ammo: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108083.msg6371038#msg6371038

chem thrower:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108083.msg6117562#msg6117562

goop nades:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108083.msg6376006#msg6376006

blaster rifle+mag and blaster pistol:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108083.msg6379020#msg6379020

So, that's 1 token for 2 blaster pistols, 2 tokens for 2 chem throwers, 1 token for blaster rifle, or 4 total. That also leaves 1 goop ammo, 1 goop nades, and 1 blifle mag that don't earn money yet. Confirm?

Next to that, 1 chem thrower and 3 goop canisters were bought for M19. However, this was done with team fund money, something I authorized (but not requested myself) back then. Should I also get tokens from this, seeing as how might claim conflict of interest here (even though back then that wasn't the case)?

Every time I see you radio, you seem to accompanied by a wall of text.

Well, that really depends on how you define town or city, but probably between those two.

Well, remember, manips aren't good at continuous effects.  And when you yank that brain out, it's gonna end the effect regardless.

Lets say you get cash from the stuff not bought with the team fund.  I trust you not to spend the team fund on stuff to make you personal profits (Honestly it would be very inefficient when you could just skim out of the fund itself) but we'll keep everything above reproach, shall we?

(Alright, I'm ready to jump back into this. Could one of you wonderful wiki people double check this for me please?)

Spoiler: New character (click to show/hide)
Welcome back! Better luck this time!

Milno clicks his tongue as he evaluates the possibilities. The gauntlet's capabilities only get more interesting the more he explores them. He just has to be careful it doesn't try to intrude into his mind again.

Try to use the gauntlet to absorb the new model laser rifle, then see if it can spit it back out.
You grab the laser and the gauntlet easily deconstructs it and absorbs the parts into itself. You wait a few moments and then try to reverse the process. You do so with relative ease.

ah, i see. well, shall we begin?

CURRENT CTHUNKAN CONSENSUS: Chief vs. Henk in the second round - who shall become the Voice of All Voices? Duncan seems to have no opinion on the matter!

Lets roll that black die!

Wow.  Sorry henk. Out of 5 rolls, 3 of yours were 1's. Really fucked your average. Chief absorbs Henk!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29210 on: August 08, 2015, 10:08:12 am »

Heh, sorry. I you want me to dial it back, just say so. I'm just trying to provide all the relevant info summarized to make things easier on you, ironically.

Lets say you get cash from the stuff not bought with the team fund.  I trust you not to spend the team fund on stuff to make you personal profits (Honestly it would be very inefficient when you could just skim out of the fund itself) but we'll keep everything above reproach, shall we?

Yeah, figured that as well. I'll go update the wiki. Can almost pay of my debt!

How big a patch of ground could I magnetize in order to 'trap' (or at least severely hinder) anything that contains magnetic materials to the ground there (eg trapping a murderbot or an arbiter to the ground)? And would that trap me?

Can I create EMP's? If yes, how powerful, how big, and can it circumvent EMP shielded things by virtue of it being generated directly inside them?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 10:11:35 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29211 on: August 08, 2015, 10:25:01 am »

Cthunkan shakes his head, brushes off a bit of accumulated dust from his long period of standing about and takes an inquisitive look around. The discord is silent for now. That meant, naturally, that there is one thing on the itinerary for now.

Head on over to the Armory Master and inquire about the IVAN treatment.

"Hello. I would like to sign up for the IVAN treatment if possible. I should have the 20 tokens needed on me, let me check..."

Chief had 8 tokens, Anita had 6, Duncan had 3, Thad had 4. Altogether that's 21 tokens, ought to be enough to get a slip for the treatment, right? That'd leave one token left over.

"I would like to know how the treatment interacts with robot parts - for instance, I have a set of disguised cameyes..."

Check if IVAN treatment wouldn't ruin the disguised cameyes or any other robotic body enhancement. If it would, have them removed by qualified professionals beforehand if they aren't already removed (keeping them on me or at least in storage someplace) and have them regrow regular ones for this body. If they don't know what'll happen, remove them just in case. Spend up to one token and a slightly used Microwave Amp for the trouble if needed.

Also, do I gain the knowledge of minds absorbed (room codes, known people, that kind of thing) when I eat them? Or do I only retain Chief's IC knowledge?

And finally, does this body have hair? I think it does, but I'd like to confirm.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 01:51:51 pm by Harry Baldman »

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29212 on: August 08, 2015, 11:16:49 am »

Take off my VR gear, and then try and find nyar. Once I find home see what he has for sale.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29213 on: August 08, 2015, 12:06:27 pm »

((Have fun with that debt Harry! :) ))

Anthony gets de-podded screaming, into his room before pausing and looking around. "WHAT THE HELL?!? WHY AM I IN A SMALL ENCLOSED AREA?!? THEY SAID IT WOULD BE A LARGE ROOM!! WHY AM I STILL YELLING?!? IS THIS A SIDE EFFECT OF STASIS?!?"

Look around the room, get dressed, set room number and password. Wander the ship.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29214 on: August 09, 2015, 04:44:38 am »

((i dont really mind the patterning, but the wrinkles could potentially be annoying if they left indentations in the blades.
in any case it shoudnt matter too much if i can get the wrinkles to stick out rather than in.))

Find a belt sander or a powered grindstone and use my superior dexterity to sharpen them so that they can be legitimately classed as weapons.

Find an old Mk1 and flatten out some of the fabric sections.
use my laser to cut two squares in the suit, probably from the upper legs or stomach, that are 50% larger than my knife and shurken respectively in order to form a set of identical sleeves for both of my new weapons.

place my knife and shuriken in their respective sleeves.
apply strategically placed clamps so that the sleeves are held together forming an accurately shaped mold, make sure to leave a small gap at one end to form a funnel.
melt a thin layer of metal over each sleeve's raised sections where the weapon is visible beneath.
wait for that metal to cool and remove the four clamps that are most likely positioned to hold the sleeves together effectively and melt some metal over these sections as well making sure it connects to the metal from the previous step.
wait for those sections to cool, then seperate the sleeves and recover the weapons.

((And there we have it, two improvised heatproof seperating molds for my new weapons.))
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 04:47:05 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29215 on: August 09, 2015, 07:36:23 pm »

Duncan, who has been slient for a long time, chooses to break the momentary calm inside Cthunkan's head.

"So... Henk is dead. Or at least, gone for now."
He laughs bitterly.
  "Strange... perhaps, at the end, he did not wish to fight. Sir, you have sworn to find this "man in armour", who forced you and others into this strangely intimate state. Well, through his lunatic ravings, Henk somehow forgot that I was this man. I suppose you must kill me now. Perhaps you deserve this body most. I certainly might not have done moral things with it, as I have behaved... dishonourably in the past.

I would kneel before you, if I could. I submit my will to yours, asking merely that it be remembered that, at the end, I acted in honour."

So saying, Duncan is subsumed into Chief's consciousness, and sets off to wander the convoluted and mysterious passageways of his own and others intertwined psyches, searching if not for peace, then dissolution.

Oh, and just so they remember my passing, my dying wish is that Jobasio's pizza be taken and replaced with one equal in size, but topped solely with my own dear sauce, mackerel and feta and...

But no more is heard.
One wheel short of a wagon

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29216 on: August 10, 2015, 03:21:34 am »

Well, er... All right then. Not that you really have to, but not going to stop you if that's what you want.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 03:30:41 am by Harry Baldman »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29217 on: August 10, 2015, 03:42:03 am »

Time for a little break. Put the shroud back in my footlocker, leave Amiable Amber in my room, lock my room and go check out the new Nyartifacts.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29218 on: August 10, 2015, 11:52:17 am »

Heh, sorry. I you want me to dial it back, just say so. I'm just trying to provide all the relevant info summarized to make things easier on you, ironically.

Yeah, figured that as well. I'll go update the wiki. Can almost pay of my debt!

How big a patch of ground could I magnetize in order to 'trap' (or at least severely hinder) anything that contains magnetic materials to the ground there (eg trapping a murderbot or an arbiter to the ground)? And would that trap me?

Can I create EMP's? If yes, how powerful, how big, and can it circumvent EMP shielded things by virtue of it being generated directly inside them?

Nah, I'm joking. I just noticed that you were in  like 3-4 of the threads I was updating with big posts and it amused me.

Depends on the composition of the ground and how you magnetize it.

You could...I think the size would depend on how it was created. And you might, depends on how the shielding worked.

Cthunkan shakes his head, brushes off a bit of accumulated dust from his long period of standing about and takes an inquisitive look around. The discord is silent for now. That meant, naturally, that there is one thing on the itinerary for now.

Head on over to the Armory Master and inquire about the IVAN treatment.

"Hello. I would like to sign up for the IVAN treatment if possible. I should have the 20 tokens needed on me, let me check..."

Chief had 8 tokens, Anita had 6, Duncan had 3, Thad had 4. Altogether that's 21 tokens, ought to be enough to get a slip for the treatment, right? That'd leave one token left over.

"I would like to know how the treatment interacts with robot parts - for instance, I have a set of disguised cameyes..."

Check if IVAN treatment wouldn't ruin the disguised cameyes or any other robotic body enhancement. If it would, have them removed by qualified professionals beforehand if they aren't already removed (keeping them on me or at least in storage someplace) and have them regrow regular ones for this body. If they don't know what'll happen, remove them just in case. Spend up to one token and a slightly used Microwave Amp for the trouble if needed.

Also, do I gain the knowledge of minds absorbed (room codes, known people, that kind of thing) when I eat them? Or do I only retain Chief's IC knowledge?

And finally, does this body have hair? I think it does, but I'd like to confirm.

You have the tokens for it

It would destroy any mechanical parts you have in you. So we'd remove them and let the ivan treatment regen them for you.

We'll say you gain the knowledge.

I imagined it as bald, but I didn't specific anything I think.

You wanna do this treatment now or is there anything else you can think of you need to do first?

((i dont really mind the patterning, but the wrinkles could potentially be annoying if they left indentations in the blades.
in any case it shoudnt matter too much if i can get the wrinkles to stick out rather than in.))

Find a belt sander or a powered grindstone and use my superior dexterity to sharpen them so that they can be legitimately classed as weapons.

Find an old Mk1 and flatten out some of the fabric sections.
use my laser to cut two squares in the suit, probably from the upper legs or stomach, that are 50% larger than my knife and shurken respectively in order to form a set of identical sleeves for both of my new weapons.

place my knife and shuriken in their respective sleeves.
apply strategically placed clamps so that the sleeves are held together forming an accurately shaped mold, make sure to leave a small gap at one end to form a funnel.
melt a thin layer of metal over each sleeve's raised sections where the weapon is visible beneath.
wait for that metal to cool and remove the four clamps that are most likely positioned to hold the sleeves together effectively and melt some metal over these sections as well making sure it connects to the metal from the previous step.
wait for those sections to cool, then seperate the sleeves and recover the weapons.

((And there we have it, two improvised heatproof seperating molds for my new weapons.))

I see what you're trying to do there. Cheeky, very cheeky. You're rolling handiwork like everyone else.

You get your homemade knives sharpened to a relatively good sharpness. They seem like good improvised shanks.

Where do you want to look for a MKI? Can't just hand wave away you just finding one; thats too easy! No torture at all!

Take off my VR gear, and then try and find nyar. Once I find home see what he has for sale.
Are you on a phone, urist? Just curious.

You want his old inventory or should I gen up a new stock? Wait a sec...
Time for a little break. Put the shroud back in my footlocker, leave Amiable Amber in my room, lock my room and go check out the new Nyartifacts.
Ah so I assume you do want new ones. Alright, lemme gen some.

CNI-UM-Ui830 SULLEN MOON
Several long, but shallow rectangular boxes bound together with straps.
Cost:5

CNI-SSB-Pa1 ANIMISTIC PLASTIC
A small, metal box, maybe 7 inches long and 2 tall and wide.
Cost:7

UCH-BCH-RI-Pm9 RUDE BORDER
A cube container that resembles an oversized ring box.
Cost:8

ICH-BT-IS-Xo1625 DIVINE ULFIRE
A large rectangular box, about a foot long and wide, maybe 8 inches tall.
Cost: 3

UO-EG-Po31 OBTUSE CHARTREUSE
A spherical package about the size of a basket ball
Cost:9

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29219 on: August 10, 2015, 12:09:42 pm »

Right now, yes. Disguised cameyes go into the inventory! Launch the IVAN treatment!
Pages: 1 ... 1946 1947 [1948] 1949 1950 ... 2101