_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1937 1938 [1939] 1940 1941 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5935600 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: You just couldn't help yourselves.
« Reply #29070 on: July 16, 2015, 12:28:12 am »

Inquire with the AM about the possibility of using the neural distribution gene-mod to help extract one or two of us from the Gesalt abomination, by moving into the extra neural tissue
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29071 on: July 16, 2015, 01:30:02 am »

((i dont know why im using PM'sfor deathcubing when hap's just making it all public anyway so i think ill just post in thread instead.))

Attempt to discern a new targetting option by pushing the following buttons to re-color something:

Pick up the deathcube then head to my room and grab my MkI suit.
Head to the hangar and stand in front of my crate then push B2, C4, G4, E6, H1, try to be a decent distance away from anyone in the hangar while doing so.

((nearest (living) person that isnt me is probably going to be miyamoto unless there are workers or maintenace personell between us, nearest corpse is the headless UE in my crate.
Items inside the crate are clsoest in this order. (tripwires, EMP claymores, gold nuggets, diamond shards.)
nearest vehicle is probably either a shuttle or my hovertrolley depending on what you classify as a vehicle, nearest machine is definitely my hovertrolley.
nearest clothing is the standard hmrc uniform we will assume im wearing, nearest armor is my MkI which will be draped over the side of the crate.

aside from that closest whatevers should just be whatever random junk is lying around in the hangar.))

Also id like to know the results of yesterdays science which got missed if that is at all possible.
Quote from: Private messages
okay this turns science will be as follows:

• Run to the armory and ask for a two sets of scales and two free combat knives. the quality and size of the knives is irellevant, they just need to be free and have the same shape and material composition.
  • set up both sets of scales on the floor between the two tables so that they are closer to the cube than my reiterpallash is. have one slightly in front of the other and place a combat knife on each.
  • input B1,C7,F4,G6,H1 a single time.
  • check the difference in weights from before and after.[/i]
    • melt both daggers down to see if one pool is larger.[/i]
    Basically im trying to figure out if the density button is actually density, and roughly what value or percentage this intensity button equates to.
    Theoretically if one object becomes denser without altering in size then the deathcube should bre converting space magic into raw matter and compressing it into the specified object, so therefore if i were to melt down a densified object made of lets say scrap iron, it should produce a larger pool of molten metal than an unmodified version would.
oh and the melting is done by low intensity laser rifle at point blank range after removing them from the scales and placing them a few feet apart on the floor.
or you know just move them off of the scales and push B1,C2 twice. whichever is easiest.[/list]
((combat knives dont need to be combat knives, they can be glorified shiv's or scrap iron throwing stars. they just need to be exceedingly similar, made of metal, and  be easily identified as weapons.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #29072 on: July 16, 2015, 06:59:22 am »

The Team Fund has battlestims that it is allowed to exchange for other battlestim types for free. Would I be allowed to do the same? I'd like to exchange my End pill for an Exo one.

Remember the alphanumeric string on Maurice's hand? (It's on the wiki if you forget what his string was.) I want to check my own hands for one.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29073 on: July 16, 2015, 10:27:56 am »

1)Do people in the colony speak space English or are we going to need a dictionary? If yes, then grab one.

2)Also, do we have any sort of idea of any research or advanced technology they might have had?

3)How about any security systems or defences they could have? Anything automated? Anything that could give us trouble?

4)Do we have any security codes, ways to open their doors, way to label us as friends in their friend or foe system, etc?

5)Is there any sort of farm/landing pad/storage area/fuel depot/communications array above ground or is it only an entrance?

6)If there are other things above ground besides the entrance, any chance we could access those to determine what's going on inside the colony?

7)Are there any other nearby colonies or scientific installations on the planet?

8)What about the solar system, anything important in any other planets or is Velnias the only interesting planet in the solar system?

9)What about dangerous materials, fuel, nuclear reactors, antimatter reactors, stuff we really shouldn't mess with, any idea if there are any of those around?

1. They speak an understandable language, don't worry about it.
2. Probably none. As I said, they were basically just a small colony that happened to be very vocal in our defense and spreading our good name. Their importance was as a figure head more then anything.
3. Nothing military. Probably just your general big locked doors and such.
4. Nope. Nothing beyond just shouting "WE'RE ARM, OPEN UP PLEASE"
5. There's a landing area and a large storage area for goods set to be exported.
6. You could access them, though I don't know if you could determine anything from them.
7. None that are manned.
8. There are plenty of automated systems used for various things, but it's basically the only manned colony. There might be a few very small manned outposts around, but nothing we have data for. And more then likely they won't know anymore about whats going on then we will, if they exist.
9. Well, the colony has a rather large nuclear reactor but it should be well protected and sectioned off, so you'll know if you're heading towards it. Other then that I don't think there's anything intrinsic to the colony thats really that dangerous.

Go to the armory.  Verify the battlesuit legs have been fixed; pay any cost for it if there is one.  Also get a quote on non-nuclear rounds (and nuclear, for completion) for the Battlesuit Cannon.  Are there any other rounds available?
The repairs were free.

As per cost of rounds, do you want self guiding or just big metal rounds?

Quotes on both; I'd like to know what options there are.  Got tokens to burn!
Well solid metal rounds are cheap as dirt. Like a token or two each since they're nothing but shaped metal. If you use guided they're up to 4-5 tokens.

I also want to tinker a pain suit but Ulrich isn't tinker oriented and you never stay in IRC long enough. Or join early enough. And I don't want to gain attention of every anomaly monster either by looking like the guy who murdered their entire family...

What exactly is a pain suit?

Isn't that obvious? It is a suit that tortures its wearer constantly.
Why

Dubley finds Flint in the armoury and gives him the sliding blade mechanism. It looks both extremely functional and elegant, powered by a complex internal spring mechanism, and covered with intricate swirling designs. There is a small pickaxe engraved on the side, which Dubley has taken as his personal insignia.
"Here you go, one sliding bayonet sheathe. Turned out even better than expected."

Things to do before mission.
1. Some people left two robobodies empty lying around in the wreck room. Go loot them. That's a lot of free stuff to work with.
2. Remove some limbs from the robobodies shove them in my backpack. 2 arms and 2 legs.
3. Add the generator from one more MCP-I to my cannon, for EVEN MORE POWER! Thank Hasala.
4. I still have those single use batteries from the disposable cutting lasers. Wire those into my laser cannon to allow for a few extra shots when the diesel generator runs out.
5. Turn the remaining shard from my pickaxe into a necklace. Purely for sentimental and aesthetic reasons.
6. Get a free counter-pressure underwear suit. I don't need it at all with my robot body, but a tiny extra layer of protection can't hurt.

1-2. Ok
3.Ok
4.Ok
5.ok
6. Neh

A Thought occurs to Kai. Not your average thought, this was a Thought.

Kai walks up to the AM.

H-How much would a few square metres of copper mesh cost?

Inquire.
"A token."

The protectorate suit...ask what?
It looks like it never got transferred over to the new stat system.
Hm. Do you really want it now or is it something that can wait?
Naw, it can wait, just bolded so you wouldn't miss it.

Buy a MKII suit (5 tokens), Ablative Armor Plating for the MKII suit (2 tokens), and the 1-token Milnoplate helmet for the MKII suit. Prepare for glory and/or death.

Wiki

Petra first checks with Steve if stims can be brought on the Joker mission. If yes, she goes to buy a Charisma Stim from the armory. Afterwars, she goes to wherever she has to be for the mission.
They can, so wiki

Consider me ready for mission thing, I'll be ready whenever.

I suppose go clamber over to wherever my mission's shuttle is and set myself down under my cloak so I look like a random indiscriminate package. Wait there until the mission starts/Miya briefs us/whatever.

The Helpful Horror is ready to go
Jobasio strides quickly to the armoury, doing his best to avoid any distractions along the way.
"Hello there, ma'am. How have you been? If you've a moment we would like to make a few purchases before our mission starts. It's been quite some time since we have gotten our hands on any new gear, you see."

Walk to the armoury, make pleasant conversation with the Armoury Master.
Then order: 1 civic defender's longcoat, 2 packs of EMP grenades
(I believe they are 1 token per 3 'nades?) and 1 pack of frag grenades.
"If I'm not mistaken, that should cost me all six of my tokens, yes?" Jobasio slides his money across the counter, then spreads his arms in a shrug. "As far as I can see, my-- sorry, our tokens won't do us much good if we don't survive this little excursion, anyway. Also I think my wardrobe is in need of an upgrade."

Once all that's sorted, head to the kitchen.
Instruct the staff there, in a solemn tone, to begin work on a grand, monumental pizza in the name of Chal-thul.
(The pizza demon.)
It must contain a great deal of cheese, all kinds of vegetables, spare bits of fallen teammates and other suitable space-age pizza ingredients, apart from such foul things as olives and anchovies. Tell them to have it ready in time for my return from the mission. If I should not survive said mission, they are to offer it up as a sacrifice to the Ship's general population, that all of Chal-thul's followers might enjoy its flavoursome delights.

Finally, head to whichever part of the ship my team's shuttle will be departing from, sit cross-legged on the floor, and wait.

You're a silly man.

Alright, wiki the wikiables.

Yeah, yeah, I'm ready for the mission.
Edit: Okay, apparently goop grenades are already for sale at the armory by way of them being used at M19, is it alright if i exchange the Frag grenades I just got for three of the Goop grenades? If so, just do that then ready up.
Yes, thats fine. Wiki

You get a token for that too, though you can decide how to split it up amongst you two.

((Hey pancaek, how's about we take turns getting a token from chem thrower sales?))

Alex looked around briefly, before typing out one last message for now.
Quote from: From Alex to Miya
Excuse me, sir, could I borrow 3 tokens from the teamfund to get the MCP-II suit? I'll pay it back to the teamfund at mission end.

Very well, loan approved.
Wiki'd it myself.

Team fund: buy a QEC comms pack for M22.

Hey people, if you need crap from the team fund, be it a loan or to borrow stuff, let it be known now!

We have a lot of items 'in stock'in the team fund, which can either be sold at discount prices or be loaned to people.
I'll assume you wiki'd that yourself as well.
Quickly buy a MCP-II, then get situated for the mission, make sure my advanced kit's ready and suit's good.
Wiki

Quote from: From Jesse to Joker Team
Would anyone be willing to lend, or give me a gauss rifle round? I want to try making something with the pill machine, and need one for that.

---

Head to the Armory, and attempt to requisition a few items assuming they'll cost me nothing. One gauss shell, one or two very weak painkillers on par with aspirin, a piece of a chitin, a vial of gunpowder, and a scrap of metal.
Gauss shells have to be bought in packs (Otherwise people could just ask for 1 over and over), pain killers you can have, chitin...we don't just keep that lying around, gunpowder you can have, metal you can have.
Quote from: Gus to Steve
Mr. Robot sir? You think I can bring a suit on the mission, or'll that be provided too? I was eyin' them McThree suits with the fancy wings and doodads at the armory, an' I kinda want one.

Ask Steve for clarification regarding what, if anything, I can bring on Joker.
You can bring whatever you like, but I can't tell you if it will be useful to you.
Inquire with the AM about the possibility of using the neural distribution gene-mod to help extract one or two of us from the Gesalt abomination, by moving into the extra neural tissue
"Well that would spread the neural tissue out, but I'm not sure if it would separate the minds or just result in all the minds being spread out. I mean, can you control what part of the brain your mind is in? That doesn't make sense to me."

((i dont know why im using PM'sfor deathcubing when hap's just making it all public anyway so i think ill just post in thread instead.))

Attempt to discern a new targetting option by pushing the following buttons to re-color something:

Pick up the deathcube then head to my room and grab my MkI suit.
Head to the hangar and stand in front of my crate then push B2, C4, G4, E6, H1, try to be a decent distance away from anyone in the hangar while doing so.

((nearest (living) person that isnt me is probably going to be miyamoto unless there are workers or maintenace personell between us, nearest corpse is the headless UE in my crate.
Items inside the crate are clsoest in this order. (tripwires, EMP claymores, gold nuggets, diamond shards.)
nearest vehicle is probably either a shuttle or my hovertrolley depending on what you classify as a vehicle, nearest machine is definitely my hovertrolley.
nearest clothing is the standard hmrc uniform we will assume im wearing, nearest armor is my MkI which will be draped over the side of the crate.

aside from that closest whatevers should just be whatever random junk is lying around in the hangar.))

Also id like to know the results of yesterdays science which got missed if that is at all possible.
Quote from: Private messages
okay this turns science will be as follows:

• Run to the armory and ask for a two sets of scales and two free combat knives. the quality and size of the knives is irellevant, they just need to be free and have the same shape and material composition.
  • set up both sets of scales on the floor between the two tables so that they are closer to the cube than my reiterpallash is. have one slightly in front of the other and place a combat knife on each.
  • input B1,C7,F4,G6,H1 a single time.
  • check the difference in weights from before and after.[/i]
    • melt both daggers down to see if one pool is larger.[/i]
    Basically im trying to figure out if the density button is actually density, and roughly what value or percentage this intensity button equates to.
    Theoretically if one object becomes denser without altering in size then the deathcube should bre converting space magic into raw matter and compressing it into the specified object, so therefore if i were to melt down a densified object made of lets say scrap iron, it should produce a larger pool of molten metal than an unmodified version would.
oh and the melting is done by low intensity laser rifle at point blank range after removing them from the scales and placing them a few feet apart on the floor.
or you know just move them off of the scales and push B1,C2 twice. whichever is easiest.[/list]
((combat knives dont need to be combat knives, they can be glorified shiv's or scrap iron throwing stars. they just need to be exceedingly similar, made of metal, and  be easily identified as weapons.))

>We have a testing area. Use it.

The Team Fund has battlestims that it is allowed to exchange for other battlestim types for free. Would I be allowed to do the same? I'd like to exchange my End pill for an Exo one.

Remember the alphanumeric string on Maurice's hand? (It's on the wiki if you forget what his string was.) I want to check my own hands for one.
No idea. Ask Miya.

If you're still human and have your original hand, you should have one too.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #29074 on: July 16, 2015, 10:35:03 am »

So it seems we are all stuck in here together. the word together would then echo dramatically So movie now?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29075 on: July 16, 2015, 10:43:25 am »

So it seems we are all stuck in here together. the word together would then echo dramatically So movie now?
You gestalt guys should collect all your actions in one post for me if you can. Half the time when looking through them it seems like half of them are actions, and half oppose those actions so you just end up standing there.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29076 on: July 16, 2015, 10:46:00 am »

I also want to tinker a pain suit but Ulrich isn't tinker oriented and you never stay in IRC long enough. Or join early enough. And I don't want to gain attention of every anomaly monster either by looking like the guy who murdered their entire family...

What exactly is a pain suit?

Isn't that obvious? It is a suit that tortures its wearer constantly.
Why

Because IVAN Treatment.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29077 on: July 16, 2015, 11:12:04 am »

Purchase a blaster pistol, for situations when blowing up the whole floor I'm on is not appropriate force.

Quote from: Message from Eddie Gracerei to Mission Commander Maurice
Requesting your advice on whether you think a one-eighth kiloton is an appropriate piece of kit to be bringing on this mission, sir.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 02:42:31 am by Dorsidwarf »
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29078 on: July 16, 2015, 11:31:46 am »

You gestalt guys should collect all your actions in one post for me if you can. Half the time when looking through them it seems like half of them are actions, and half oppose those actions so you just end up standing there.
ok. got to the doctor and find a way to get the two out.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 11:40:25 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29079 on: July 16, 2015, 11:35:21 am »

i say we have the armory master split me out. this powerlessness is getting very old.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29080 on: July 16, 2015, 11:35:52 am »

ok. we are going to get the IVan treatment then, unless anyone disagrees in which case We watch a movie

Disagree. Get more information about splitting us off. Maybe contact the good Doktor?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29081 on: July 16, 2015, 11:37:20 am »

Disagree. Get more information about splitting us off. Maybe contact the good Doktor?

Indeed, let's have more info. Maybe have her root around our noggin a little to try and sort things out?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29082 on: July 16, 2015, 11:39:57 am »

ok. we are going to get the IVan treatment then, unless anyone disagrees in which case We watch a movie

Agreed cancel last action.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29083 on: July 16, 2015, 11:44:46 am »

Head to the Armory, being sure to avoid any roving mutants. If I can get it at no extra cost, have a Sharksuit fitted over my MCP-II (3 tokens), and add a single Fleshknitter tank onto the suit (2 tokens).

((I want to be sure that I can still use my wall-walking soles.))

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29084 on: July 16, 2015, 12:29:14 pm »

Ready, if it's really necessary to post that.
Pages: 1 ... 1937 1938 [1939] 1940 1941 ... 2101