_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1901 1902 [1903] 1904 1905 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5932290 times)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Ping Pong Massacre
« Reply #28530 on: July 02, 2015, 06:49:35 pm »

"I'd ask Steve about that one, I don't have the means to wipe anyones memory, and if anyone did, Steve would probably know about it"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #28531 on: July 02, 2015, 06:51:13 pm »

"I'd ask Steve about that one, I don't have the means to wipe anyones memory, and if anyone did, Steve would probably know about it"
You could hit me on the head hard enough, but that would come with some ....side effects
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28532 on: July 02, 2015, 06:55:02 pm »

Oh hey look I suddenly have some tokens go buy a new MkIII. Also ask the Armoury Master for some tongs for handling artifacts, and maybe a few small cameras if she's feeling especially generous today.
Also go retrieve my stuff from my locker.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28533 on: July 02, 2015, 08:52:02 pm »

If there's time, go get myself put in a robobody, then put my now uninhabited human body in my rooms stasis pod. Ask the Armory Master to exchange my unused kinetic amp for a kinamp fist implant, then buy enhanced mobility feet and a force infuser.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28534 on: July 02, 2015, 08:54:50 pm »

"So am I needed here? Or can I go and start doing therapy memory wipes to help with the schizophrenia?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28535 on: July 02, 2015, 08:55:58 pm »

"Hmm... That sounds familiar."
I hope things are not as bad there. Maybe if we're lucky, we'll be able to save more people this time. I'm better prepared now, better equipped, more calm. I can do better. I should do better.
"I see. That means we can probably bring vehicles as well."

Questions follow:

1)"Once we're dropped off, we're just investigating, looking for useful and/or informative things, right? No main objective, no central computer we could plug you in or anything like that? Or are you going to notify us about points of interest as we go through the colony?

I know objectives and plans are very likely to change once we get there, but I'd like to know if we have any sort of vague plan or vague objective beyond investigate."

2)"How many people should we bring?"

3)"Oh, and have we sent combat ships to intercept that freighter once it gets out of jump, just in case? If we discover something dangerous on planet, we might need to quarantine it."

Nothing for now, though that may change as things develop. Right now we just want to know what happened, so do your best to figure that out however you can.  If we find survivors or anything like that, obviously things may change.

Shoot for 10-15.

We've alerted the people who are in the area where it should come out, but it's coming out deeper in the galaxy, which is more heavily protected by UWM ships.

Absolutely. Maurice smiled. Especially since being good with amps usually means having good mind defences, and it might help with some of the weird effects - we've devised something against them, but good old mindfuck resistance might still prove very useful.
"Allright, Unless Miya doesn't get enough heavy hitters I'll join you on your quest to whatthefuckville."

Go to armoury, buy "Enhanced Capacity Mod - Mind"

Also see if I can exchange one of my mind battlestims for an exo battlestim

Wiki guys, make it so.
Warning - while you were typing 12 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
((Well...))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Do we have any questions so far?

Yes.
Firstly, what is the manpower cap for this mission?
Secondly, What can we take in terms of sod, drone or robot forces?
Thirdly, What do we have in terms of maps or blueprints for the colony?
Fourthly, based on previous, are giant robots off-limits?
Fifthly, How big is this colony? Comparable to the one on M8, or much larger?
Sixth, would it be possible for Miya to lead the mission on-ship, like he did for the cultist mission rescue?
Seventh, what exactly are our objectives? Just 'investigate what happened' or 'save what you can'?
Eight, did this colony have any strategic value for our war effort, beyond being another ally?
Ninth, that ship you were intercepting. When can we expect news from that? Could we wait to start until that thing is investigated?

Miya opens his general comms:
"Troopers, this is general Miyamoto De Bergerac speaking. As I'm sure you all have heard the briefing, you know I'm the one going over recruitment for the missing ally mission. For that, I will need competent, resourceful soldiers, that know how to follow orders to the letter and without question. My last two missions were successful and with zero permanent casualties, and I'd very much like to keep this streak going. I will not tolerate frivolities or insubordination. However, these missions also payed out rather well. So, I expect only the best, but will try to make sure it is worth your while.

Anyone who thinks he can live with these restrictions and is up to the task can sign up via the usual channels, the rest of you can go play in the anomalous sand."

Quote from: message back
Hmm. So nobody even knew what the biggest gun on the team was loaded with. A failure in preparation and information, if nothing else.

The last part is very alarming though. How could you let that happen? It is your responsibility, as a mission commander, to maintain team cohesion and ensure teamwork and clear flow of information. And if there are troops that disobeyed direct orders, that should not be tolerated, and you will have to deal with it accordingly. We can not afford to set such a precedent.
10-15
You can take some sods, if you think it will help. Law of inverse ninjas.
Well, I can direct you but I lack the capacity to draw complex 3d maps of spherical habitats.
Some areas will be, but not all. Obviously residential homes won't be outfitted with giant doors and halls.
It's fairly large, but you won't have to search all of it, I would assume.
Sure.
First one, so far.
Mostly it was a good propaganda spot. They were very vocal and were helping turn other systems to our cause. At this point leaving the disappearance uninvestigated would look very bad for us. Can't abandon allies.
Yeah, no. That thing is a few years out at best.

"Number of people I should pick?"

Ask Steve the above.

@Nikitian/Maurice: "Thanks. I was worried about you, there was someone around here who seemed interested in your girl." He doesn't miss a beat and continues with his usual banter - it's been a while since he had the time and opportunity to engage in some of that.

@spazyak/Henk: "I'll say it now, you have no chance to be in the Joker team. None. At all. I heard the noise and watched the recordings. Go look somewhere else. Preferentially, out of the airlock."

@Other people volunteering: "I'll make picks when everyone seems done calling their preferences."
5 or so is pretty good, maybe a few more if you think you need them.
"General, I would like to join in on the joker mission... I should be useful. But, if not, anyone can take me, I'll join any mission.

Buy an MKII suit from the armory.
Wiki people.

Also guys, try and hold off actions till we're sure you're even being taken, or that whole "Everyone not going on the mission shut up" thing is rendered pointless.

"Welp, I am open for any missions! Seriously, I won't do anything ! Swear, I am medicated now and sane.! >...I won't touch Dexter. If I even so much as breath on him, kill me, permanently! "
"Just give me permission, Steve."

>If anyone will kill him, it will be me.

Or any number of enemies, of course.

Oh hey look I suddenly have some tokens go buy a new MkIII. Also ask the Armoury Master for some tongs for handling artifacts, and maybe a few small cameras if she's feeling especially generous today.
Also go retrieve my stuff from my locker.

Wiki peeps, Suit, Tongs, and 2 cameras.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28536 on: July 02, 2015, 08:58:48 pm »

"good to know I got steve on my side, and Dexter, I was not in control then, swear on my life! I hope I can make up fro my mess by going on a mission and fighting for you and the others here, swear! Still open to any, preferring Joker or anomaly"
wander and try to find screws and nails for force infuser launching. then wander back to figure out what team, if any, I am
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 09:23:56 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28537 on: July 02, 2015, 09:00:07 pm »

((You missed me))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #28538 on: July 02, 2015, 09:16:02 pm »

Oh, are we doing anything with Xan? Or not yet? Asking mostly so that I know if we can take the result on missions.
If we are doing anything now, then I'd like to be there to see it (if possible) and maybe say a few things.
If not, then ignore this.

EDIT: Oh, and another question for Steve:
"Is there any chance we'll lose contact with you down there?"
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 09:19:35 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #28539 on: July 02, 2015, 09:19:55 pm »

"General Miyamoto, Saint Milno, Brother Maurice...  I am available to whomever needs me the most."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #28540 on: July 02, 2015, 10:08:25 pm »

"I think I should just go on the Anomaly mission, I'm crappy with computers and talking, so it would be best for me to go there."
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #28541 on: July 02, 2015, 10:49:39 pm »

"As someone with some skills in aux, I wouldn't mind going on the Joker mission, however I'm somewhat concerned about the morally grey nature of said mission."

(Basically, any of the three is fine with me, no preference)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28542 on: July 02, 2015, 11:11:06 pm »

"I offer my medical skills to whatever team wants me; I'm honestly not too picky wherever I end up. It's all bad for the UWM," Ryan says.

RC: Did we get just a straight five-token pay from the mission?

PW: I'll get you to answer me some day! Are the AM's Tinker Toys available? Specifically, the heat blade? Also does the genemod cameyes allow filtering like robo-cameyes? THAT IS ALL.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28543 on: July 02, 2015, 11:32:40 pm »

Lyra, invisible synthcat, amper, backup medic.

I sit quietly in the back, expressing no preference for any particular mission. waiting to see if any of the team leaders want me to come with them.
If I wanted to perform crazy science on you , I would just kidnap a cat!
And keeping an eye on THIS person.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 11:34:33 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #28544 on: July 03, 2015, 12:19:52 am »

raise self
volunteer for anything
Pages: 1 ... 1901 1902 [1903] 1904 1905 ... 2101