_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1653 1654 [1655] 1656 1657 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5923907 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; Magical Space Earrings
« Reply #24810 on: May 21, 2014, 09:49:48 am »

"Yeah, hopefully! Speaking of things though, I do need to finish up designing my mortar in time for the mission. Hey dude, give me a message if you decide about adding  that grenade launcher, and I'll whip it up real quick."

Michael leaves the hanger and hits the VR machines, pulling up tinker.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #24811 on: May 21, 2014, 09:54:23 am »

"Video? I, uh... Oh, I joined Mission B. It seemed appropriate for a newbie with little firepower." Hasala goes slightly pale when the voice mentions a video and hostages, but relaxes when the incident is glossed over.

Fakedit: "Avatar of War?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24812 on: May 21, 2014, 10:07:27 am »

Glad to see we're going on another mission together, old man.

Nothing can possibly go wrong with the two of us in close proximity.

"Ah, yes. Another mission!... Wait, who were you again?" Stacy asks, his faceplate completely blank.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #24813 on: May 21, 2014, 10:08:54 am »

The one who nearly killed you when you shot off half my foot on that religious planet.
You know, if you want I can try to fix those memory problems.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24814 on: May 21, 2014, 10:12:15 am »

((umm, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't "fixing his memory" grounds to have him shot where he stands?))
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24815 on: May 21, 2014, 10:12:45 am »

The one who nearly killed you when you shot off half my foot on that religious planet.
You know, if you want I can try to fix those memory problems.

"Can't say I rightly remember that, to be honest. I do remember the big ice blast, though! That was impressive. Also, I'd really rather you didn't try to penetrate my snug braincase with your misshapen alien genitals, thank you very much. Perhaps some other time, you know?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24816 on: May 21, 2014, 10:15:51 am »

Perhaps off mission, when you're sleeping. Your capacity to cause death makes you one of the few teammates I respect slightly.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24817 on: May 21, 2014, 10:22:01 am »

Perhaps off mission, when you're sleeping. Your capacity to cause death makes you one of the few teammates I respect slightly.

"Oh, I don't sleep much at all anymore. Or cause much death, for that matter. Death is pretty overrated as a thing to cause, I think."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24818 on: May 21, 2014, 10:23:55 am »

It's a measure of how likely you are to survive. The easier you can kill those who would kill you, the easier you survive and thus the more superior of an organism you are.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24819 on: May 21, 2014, 10:44:39 am »

It's a measure of how likely you are to survive. The easier you can kill those who would kill you, the easier you survive and thus the more superior of an organism you are.

"That's forest law, kiddo! Out here in the civilized world organic superiority is determined by how good an earner you are. And in those terms, I'm on the bottom rung. Unless I miss my mark, you hardly seem like the rising star type with that attitude, either, Bud."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24820 on: May 21, 2014, 10:46:47 am »

It rather seems to me that effectiveness in communal societies is determined by how ruthless you are, how willing you are to step on others to get ahead. I'm doing well for myself.
Sig! Onol

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24821 on: May 21, 2014, 10:50:12 am »

"I have no idea. I just got out if stasis while on Hephaestus, and haven't had a chance to use it. I'm hoping that if I get on Mission B, I may not have to use it at all." Jason responds to Faith.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 11:02:04 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24822 on: May 21, 2014, 11:08:28 am »

It rather seems to me that effectiveness in communal societies is determined by how ruthless you are, how willing you are to step on others to get ahead. I'm doing well for myself.

"Ruthlessness hurts everyone, Bud. It'd probably hurt you less than your victim, but both sides lose in that kind of thing. You waste resources, and the other guy gets screwed over for what's often a minute advantage and, most importantly, nobody's ever gonna like you. It's short term thinking, is what it is. Eventually, provided you don't pick on the wrong thing, there'll be no one left to screw over but you, and everyone's gonna line up to follow your example. Nah, what you wanna do is be useful. Bring back treasure. Be good, pretty much, and people will let you get away with more and more, because you'll have proven trustworthy. Most Holy Steve will shovel tokens at you, title you, give you planets to work on without supervision. If you take the asshole way forward, Bud, you won't get any of that. You'll just get big enough and bastardly enough for somebody to nuke you and the horse you rode in on into oblivion, pretty much."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24823 on: May 21, 2014, 11:30:30 am »

True. Though perhaps I'm voicing myself incorrectly - I'm not so much advocating going out of your way to step on others, but rather being willing to do so. Adaptability. No morals aids in this effort, as you're willing to do anything you need to in order to get ahead. If you can see the way forward to success, you take it. That's why I'm superior to most of the people on this vessel - I can adapt to changing scenarios biologically. They're stuck in one form.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24824 on: May 21, 2014, 11:41:11 am »

True. Though perhaps I'm voicing myself incorrectly - I'm not so much advocating going out of your way to step on others, but rather being willing to do so. Adaptability. No morals aids in this effort, as you're willing to do anything you need to in order to get ahead. If you can see the way forward to success, you take it. That's why I'm superior to most of the people on this vessel - I can adapt to changing scenarios biologically. They're stuck in one form.

"You know, I think flesh might not be the way of the future, Bud. I hear it's notoriously weak. And space magic's a suspect power source at best, too. Gotta invent a counter to it as soon as possible, methinks," Stacy says, half to himself.
Pages: 1 ... 1653 1654 [1655] 1656 1657 ... 2101