_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1655 1656 [1657] 1658 1659 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5924232 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; Magical Space Earrings
« Reply #24840 on: May 21, 2014, 03:02:22 pm »

"No, I'm pretty much one of the people in charge," Jim said to Faith. "Steve picked me for some reason. Also, good day." This was directed at Jason, who he greeted by returning a nod to his wave. "You might as well call me Jim. I'm used to it by now." He turned back to Faith. "How've you been recently? I haven't seen you around."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24841 on: May 21, 2014, 03:06:25 pm »

"No, I'm pretty much one of the people in charge," Jim said to Faith. "Steve picked me for some reason. Also, good day." This was directed at Jason, who he greeted by returning a nod to his wave. "You might as well call me Jim. I'm used to it by now." He turned back to Faith. "How've you been recently? I haven't seen you around."
"Oh, congratulations. And yeah, I've been kind of distracted. Feels oddly... good, I suppose, to be back on missions, though. Perverse as that sounds," she finished sheepishly.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24842 on: May 21, 2014, 03:07:44 pm »

On seeing Jim enter the room MGAXT snaps to attention saluting.

Officer on deck

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24843 on: May 21, 2014, 03:08:17 pm »

Beings more powerful than oneself are not to be worshiped, they are to be carefully avoided and struck down in their moment of weakness if possible. Actively trying to attract their attention leads to your death or disfigurement. For instance, the Armory Master.

Lars's brow furrowed a bit at this.  "How would you strike down the divine?  They would know your planning, and stop you before you could do anything."

"Ah. Yes, I suppose... when you say "father of the Medic's Pantheon," does that mean each... profession has its own progenitor? Are they the gods of the their profession in general, or is their role just administrative or something?"

"Yes, there is a progenitor for each.  Besides Emar-i, we have Hal-mon of the Engineer's Pantheon and Ahnubi of the Soldier's Pantheon.  Hal-mon's sphere is that of machines and machinery, while Ahnubi is the patron of the true soldier, of the one whose sole purpose is battle and the death of our enemies.  Likewise, Pathmas the Incognizable is the forefather of the Major Pantheon; he brings favor to those who ask for it.  And Steve has brought forth everything."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24844 on: May 21, 2014, 03:10:22 pm »

Jim nodded to Angel, trying to indicate he could go at ease if he wished, before turning back to Faith. "I see. Well, good luck with whichever mission you end up on."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #24845 on: May 21, 2014, 03:10:30 pm »

Xan looks over at Faith.
If I were in competition with you over something, I'd recommend trying it, but it would be a bad idea. Besides, I've yet to determine how much of a threat to me most of you are as of yet, so I don't know who to watch out for.
Apart from the Avatar, of course.

Beings more powerful than oneself are not to be worshiped, they are to be carefully avoided and struck down in their moment of weakness if possible. Actively trying to attract their attention leads to your death or disfigurement. For instance, the Armory Master.

Lars's brow furrowed a bit at this.  "How would you strike down the divine?  They would know your planning, and stop you before you could do anything."
By being close to or more powerful than they are. Nothing is infallible, everything can die.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24846 on: May 21, 2014, 03:13:21 pm »

Lars patted Xan lightly on the... shoulder?  Shoulder area?  "You remind me of young Brother Grate- much to learn of divinity and the divine.  It is good to have ambition, but do not let it cross over into heresy and blasphemy.  I would hate for Steve to have to purge one of our own.  Take care in what you say, lest ye be destroyed.  Amen."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24847 on: May 21, 2014, 03:15:29 pm »

D'usse becomes puzzled, deciding to head off to the Armory as a means to escape weirdoville.

"Hey there. Besides the Monoatomic Razor and the Tesla Sabre, you have any more melee-type weapons?"

Ask.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24848 on: May 21, 2014, 03:17:20 pm »

Part of labelling one thing divine and one thing not is the acceptance that the mundane can never reach the level of the divine. I came here a pathetic thing, possessed of a half-grown inkling of the truth of things. I died, and was reborn through the will of he who I consider my Father, and now I am immortal, a harbinger of change from old broken systems in the universe. I may not be what you call divine yet, but I am in the process of becoming it.
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24849 on: May 21, 2014, 03:26:33 pm »

Lars looked in silence upon Xan for a few moments.  "Well, Steve has not struck you down or stayed your path as of yet.  You must have some part yet to play in all of this.  Just do not allow hubris to overcome you, and remain ever humble to the great Steve who has brought you here."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24850 on: May 21, 2014, 03:30:06 pm »

I imagine that Steve is careful enough to not show us to his actual location, which is the only way I could feasibly harm him. If he did, well, he'd be asking for it at that point.
Sig! Onol

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24851 on: May 21, 2014, 03:35:10 pm »

The color in Hasala's face pales again as Miyamoto stands up. He considers the question for a few seconds, silent, and then responds.
"I haven't had much time to think about this. What I know, though, is that no world ruled by the UWM could be considered even 'half-decent'. My planet was the rule, not the exception. The whole system was rotten from the core. I don't know what this revolution stands for, ideologically and politically, but fighting against the UWM is enough for my allegiance, for now. I'm willing to lay my life on the line for something I believe in. As for where I intend to go, and what I intend to do... I don't know all of my options, just yet. Milno seems to have more than enough people willing to do his covert missions, for the moment. I could see myself becoming a Sod commander, though I'd prefer to lead from the field, if either of those are options. ...Where are all of those Sods, anyway? This sort of thing seems perfect for them."
"Very good. Well, I'll be honest: I called you because I'm always looking for people who might serve as good commanders, and you just might have what it takes. So I make you an offer: I will follow your progress, maybe try to give some advice or guidance when it's needed. Be warned though, I can be a tough person to please. You made a good point on those sods though.

So, what do you say? You willing to give it a shot? I won't think any less of you if hou say no, or if tou need time to consider."

Miya adresses Steve.
"Say Steve, is there any chance team B or C gets any sods as support?"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24852 on: May 21, 2014, 03:50:13 pm »

Volunteer for mission C.

Secondly, do you think Miya could do the modifications to the namite thrower himself (so it can accept foam canisters as well) using his manip? And could he create a cannister or two with the foam chem mix, and a spraycan of dissolvant? If not, can he use his 1 prototype to get the AM to do all of these?

by the way pw, Miya still has 1 token left, but idiots inspace doesn't list it. Could you add it if you get around to it sometime?

(Sean, that is beautiful.))
Thought I read that you gave your last token somewhere....oh well.

And yeah, you could do it, though it would be difficult. Creating distinct, specific mechanical and chemical devices is about the edge of human capacity, so I'd make sure you're good and ready before doing so.

I volunteer for the third mission. I'd be useless in stealth - presumably cue someone pointing out he can turn into other humans - and I'm not exactly a limited firepower being.

Volunteer mission C, possibly have someone point out that shapeshifting to other humans would be handy for stealth.

Oh, and go get an MK I from the AM beforehand. Insulation bro

You get your mk I

((Hah, that's awesome Sean.))

"How's synthflesh on the planet?"

>For mission A, I'd recommend keeping it covered. Otherwise, should be fine.

"Steve, does being a robot disqualify me for any of these missions? Or can I just wear a suit to cover it up?"

Volunteer for mission B- Denzel likes close combat and infantry weapons, and though he does own a manipulator, he wouldn't try to destroy the building.

If a robot body is an issue on mission B, volunteer for mission C.

Also, are there any penalties for fighting with two melee weapons? If so, what are they?

There are no purely stat based penalties, but you won't be able to block as effectively as if you had a shield or something similar.

"...Not exactly the standard revolutionary fare. I think I'll join Mission B, then."

Volunteering for Mission B!

After the briefing, go to the armory and study the list. Tentatively purchase a Microwave Psychokinetic Amplifier. If we get a mission fund, use it to buy a MkII and some flashbangs, too.
We'll get you the Micro amp for now.

Jobasio, having stumbled out of stasis along with the others, spent the duration of the briefing peering at Steve with a vaguely puzzled expression, and occasionally casting a groggy glance across the room. He palmed stasis fluid out of his lank black hair and blinked a few times.

When Steve finished speaking and asked for questions, the stasis-addled Hootzal hesitantly raised his hand and asked:
"Excuse me, but... where's my pizza?"

>On Hephaestus.

You really didn't think this through, did you?

"I've always wanted to visit an australoglacier! Now I have the perfect excuse! Steve, can- no, wait, may I go on the icecap mission?"

Also, visit Nyars and purchase a Medium Gold Triangle, Horizontal Line for all of my 5 tokens. Dance away from Nyarsie and open it up, taking a look inside.

You get what appears to be an...alien rubics cube?

Magilla opens his Green Heptagon and looks at what's inside, then visits the doctor and gives him the Banana/Universal Manip.....thing.
EDIT: While keeping it in the box, preffeferably, so as not to cause unwanted incidents.
Doc ain't gonna do your work for you. Eat the banana, monkey man!

You already opened the green heptagon. It was the metal cuff with a machine and tubes on it.

Volunteering for all 3 missions, although I'd prefer C or A.

Ask Steve: "If that man knows so much, why not capture him and interrogate him? If he's gone to such lengths to remain alive, then he probably wouldn't kill himself to prevent capture."

>Because anything he knows, I know. But I'd prefer him to not know somethings that I know. And I'd very much prefer to keep some of the things he might know from becoming public. Think of this like redacting a document. Except it's a person.

Welp, mission A is out. Not like I can just hide the Shackle. Jason volunteers for missions B and C, with B being a higher priority. Also, check the Shackle for a challenge. Not like I can get somebody to remove the limiter and leave me with a useful weapon and snarky AI sidekick.
The shackle reads: 6:33 Hours remain.  Guess you still have to wait a bit. Must be using your subjective time.

"know what? I think I'm going to go with mission B. Unless sir enedrasi really wants me for A, but I just think I'm too noticible for such a mission."

Volunteer for mission B.

Go get myself a synthflesh body. if possible, exchange the +1 str for +1 dex, otherwise get standard. if possible, exchange +1 con for +1 uncon, otherwise just keep con. Also ask the AM for a uniform or something that fits my new body, no nudism for this space wizard. With some headgear that hides the face, if possible. 

Standard clothes should work. What kind of headgear? Otherwise I'll give you a mask that looks like a synthflesh face. Just because.

((@piecewise: And what about Renen? ))
You're alive and back again because EH.

We picked you up on the way out. PROVE ME WRONG YOU WERE ALL IN STASIS

((Just adding to the choir, but good work Sean.))

Present Times

Not having the time to visit the hangar and get his armored suit, Milno is at the briefing room in the usual attire of the HMRC inmate - gray shorts and shirt - whilst trying to squeeze stasis fluid off his hair. After Steve's done with talking about the missions, Milno's approached by several volunteers. "Pancaek, guess you won't join us because we need human-looking people for this one to keep our profile low, though I'm interested in your pills. And yeah, Skylar. Wanted you on the team. Preacher Man (Lars), you're in."

"As for the rest of you volunteering for the first team's mission, skills?"
he asked, addressing Jack Hansan, D'Artagnan and anyone else interested in joining his team.

"Just to be sure, how rare or problematic are synth-flesh and/or the normal robot bodies? Either too advanced for this place?" He asks Steve, just to be on the safe side. Synth-flesh people were terrific shields and fighter as far as roughly human-sized and human-shaped things went.

Ask Steve the question above.

~~Negotiation with Grate~~

Grate - and anyone nearby, for that matter - would see how Milno's body tensed slightly as soon as he touched the eerie, spiderweb-like artifact with his ever-changing, strange alien gauntlet. After some time in the same state, he finally pulled his hand back. Both his hands reached for his honey badger-shaped helmet, unlocking it without hurry before taking it off. Lowering the helmet and wrapping the gauntlet hand around it by his side, Milno then moved the sharpened fingers of his prosthetic hand up to his lip, touching it before taking it up to his eyes. Blood.

"This thing's sentient. It's also very pissed, even more so towards me." He told Grate, keeping his voice down so that only the boy would hear. "Want some info? This thing's a power source, apparently a good one. I snatched it back at Mission One, and it had a tendency to force hallucinations on anyone approaching it, though that could be a field it was projecting or something." Milno seemed a bit tired as he continued. "On top of that, the little bugger doesn't seem very cooperative right now. Not sure if you can get any energy out of it - depends on whether it only hates me with a passion - though you can always try to do it or sell it to me so I can give it a go."

"Even then, I'm not sure I'll be able to get something out of it or it'll be a waste of my time and tokens. What do you say?"

>They'll stand out, but they're not unheard of. Your robotic arm will blend in fine, for instance. With those scars you'll just look like the victim of an industrial accident or something. Full robots and Synth, we'll give you some nice full body covering clothes.

In between talking to people, Lars stops by the Armory and asks the AM about the Organochemistry Overrider amp.

"Good lady Armory Master, I was wondering about the miracle of Steve known as the Organochemistry Overrider amplifier.  I was going to get it for the upcoming mission, and I understand that you are an expert in this sort of thing.  What do you recommend for its best use?"
"A decomp. Failing that, keep in mind that more radical changes are harder to do. If you want to make someone attack someone else, you don't need to completely rewrite their brain into a brain dead zombie with nothing but murder impulses. Just pump him full of aggression and plant a suggestion. Human brain is very good about connecting the dots and making inferred leaps in logic. Thats both a strength and a weakness, if you exploit it. Oh and if you're just gonna kill someone with it, keep it simple. Blood clot to the brain, maybe sever the nerves controlling breathing, that sort of thing. You don't have to blow their damn heads off."

BEFORE GOING TO VISIT HERR DOKTOR AND SHOWING HIM WHATS IN THE GOLD HEPTAGON BOX, Magilla decides to go grab his three tokens from Miyamoto's Newbie Fund, then goes to the armory and uses all of them to grab a Mark 2 Suit.
ok.
Volunteer for mission C. Take APC. Then go to the hangar and inspect the APC.

After Jack volunteers for Mission C, he leaves the briefing room and heads to the hangar. When he gets there he notices Miyamoto.

"Hey boss." Jack says to Miya as he walks to his APC.
The APC hasn't changed since the last time you were here.

By the way. Mind if Team B uses that? Otherwise they're going in a panel van. The APC might prove much more helpful.

Michael decides to wander around a bit and discovers the hanger. Huh, we have all sorts of shit here. I think I even spy an APC over there!

Michael examines the APC in question. What are it's characteristics? What is it armed with?

Then he notices the Avatar of War hanging around.  "Whoa, someone grabbed themselves an Avatar of War?! I've only heard rumors of those. Hello, my name is Michael Bayson. Explosives expert and all around demolition nut. I'll be going on a little expedition to the arctic and was just examining all the equipment here."

It's a big armored vehicle with a machine gun on top designed to carry soldiers into battle.

The vehicle, not the machinegun.

Ask the Doctor about the bug in my purple box. Go ask the AM about monoatomic swords.

((I should have 10 tokens, right? 4 from loot sales, 3 from noob fund and 3 from mission?))
Mono-atomic sword like an enlarged Mono-razor or like Renen's true mono-blade?

The color in Hasala's face pales again as Miyamoto stands up. He considers the question for a few seconds, silent, and then responds.
"I haven't had much time to think about this. What I know, though, is that no world ruled by the UWM could be considered even 'half-decent'. My planet was the rule, not the exception. The whole system was rotten from the core. I don't know what this revolution stands for, ideologically and politically, but fighting against the UWM is enough for my allegiance, for now. I'm willing to lay my life on the line for something I believe in. As for where I intend to go, and what I intend to do... I don't know all of my options, just yet. Milno seems to have more than enough people willing to do his covert missions, for the moment. I could see myself becoming a Sod commander, though I'd prefer to lead from the field, if either of those are options. ...Where are all of those Sods, anyway? This sort of thing seems perfect for them."
"Very good. Well, I'll be honest: I called you because I'm always looking for people who might serve as good commanders, and you just might have what it takes. So I make you an offer: I will follow your progress, maybe try to give some advice or guidance when it's needed. Be warned though, I can be a tough person to please. You made a good point on those sods though.

So, what do you say? You willing to give it a shot? I won't think any less of you if hou say no, or if tou need time to consider."

Miya adresses Steve.
"Say Steve, is there any chance team B or C gets any sods as support?"

>C could, but They'd take up one of the potential seats in the roster because their controller would count as the one going.

Alright so:

-IN-
A Skylar (Kriellya)
A Lars (Toaster)
A Thaddeus (renegadelobster)

-VOLUNTEER-
A Tavik
A Scotsman

B kisame
B Denzel (doomblade)
B Hasala (swordsmith)
B Jack (Alarith)
B Faith (IronyOwl)
B yobbo
B Pancaek
B Kyle (kj1225)

C Radio
C Dubley (NAV)
C Magilla (darkpaladin)
C Xan (Xantalos)
C Michael (tryrar)
C Stacy (Baldman)
C Parisbre

A+B Jobasio (Yoink)
ALL/C Pariah
ALL smurfington
B+C Beirus
ALL Vincent (Kedly)

I assume Milno will be leading Team A so:

TEAM A:
Milno
Skylar
Lars
Thad
(If he isn't leading, then we'll change that)
Which leaves one spot open.

Team B
B kisame
Hapah
B Denzel (doomblade)
B Hasala (swordsmith)
B Jack (Alarith)
B Faith (IronyOwl)
B yobbo
B Pancaek
B Kyle (kj1225)
smurf
TCM

TEAM C

C Radio
C Dubley (NAV)
C Magilla (darkpaladin)
C Xan (Xantalos)
C Michael (tryrar)
C Stacy (Baldman)
C Parisbre
Yoink
Pariah
Vincent
Beirus
Mesk

Looks like we've got our line ups.

Alright. Team A, You get paid after the fact depending on success. But you can basically get anything you want from the armory for free, as long as it fits in your case.

Team B: You'll get some swat gear (Riot shields, smoke and flash grenades, classic style shotguns,) and be paid the flat 5 with bonuses for good work and recovery of artifacts or valuable intel

Team C: Flat 5 pay, some gear to get shit out of the ice, but basically on your own.

Alright, if everything is understood, grab your shit and head for the shuttles. Lets do it to it.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 07:16:49 pm by piecewise »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24853 on: May 21, 2014, 03:54:46 pm »

Nope. Mission C gets APC. Get it loaded or whatever then get on the shuttle and get ready.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #24854 on: May 21, 2014, 03:55:10 pm »

Put on my Mark 2 and head to the shuttle.
Pages: 1 ... 1655 1656 [1657] 1658 1659 ... 2101