_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1557 1558 [1559] 1560 1561 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933514 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #23370 on: January 29, 2014, 07:37:50 am »

"I talked to her about that, and she doesn't seem big on clothes."

((It was also mentioned before that anyone using the statis pod has to get naked, since clothes would be a hiderence to the process and also that you get plugged up with dozens of tubes around your body (which to me is a whole lot more Squicky than the casual nudity). Piecewise said at one point that everyone has seen each other naked, so if anyone is running around sans clothes, it's not a huge deal.))
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 07:42:36 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23371 on: January 29, 2014, 08:54:38 am »

((I'd like at least a tiny bit of intro.
((Find a veteran when we're not busy. Bug them.))

((Don't worry, not a lot of people did.))
((I did!))

In that case, everyone is naked except you until they prove otherwise.
"...I'm Grate. Don't laugh, it's better than my little sister's name."
Put on the clothes.
"Where am I?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23372 on: January 29, 2014, 11:20:15 am »

((@ Sean and friends: I still need to know who or what will pilot those things.))

((...I count as a veteran, right? Right?))
((Yes, but you were already playing again. Why would I need to pull back in playing characters?))
Radio Controlled, why didn't you advertise it harder?
((Because I had stuff to do! Like, real life stuff, not even imaginary spessmehn related.))
((It was also Radio Controlled's fault. :P))
((I deny any and all involvement in this or other cases. Unless it's a good thing, in which case, yeah, I totally did that.
Say hello to Hephaestus' Neo-Magistrate
((Someday, when we return to this planet to liberate it again from the crushing grip of Simus the Iron Lady, we will look back to this moment and wonder "How, dammit, how could we have been so blind? The signs were all there, they always were."))
Hell, nearly a percent of the whole forum was posted by you.  Out of forty thousand members.
((To be a bit mean though, when PW said he was leaving for his Hiragana learning, GWG posted the same response in the 3 ER threads, so I could easily see how his posting count gets so inflated.))
((Yeah.  Both of those are better.  Because you had goals/context.  Challenges to face.
((Gotta love how she gets an intro while I just roll on board unnoticed.))
((Don't feel bad about that, 90% of players don't get any introduction. A big thing in that is whether or not you joined at juuust the right time, but also how much you roleplay yourself. Sure, you could wait to find a niche for your character, but getting out there and carving one out yourself works far faster. Character niches are kinda like ancient stone tablets: you gotta carve 'em up to show them who's boss.))

((Also, welcome Hailfire! Always nice to see new soon to be corpses faces.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 12:32:38 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23373 on: January 29, 2014, 11:27:25 am »

((About half the players are robots, so they aren't really naked.))

((Robots can wear clothes if they want to!

Anyway, I updated the description of Lars to include his crappy robe.  I should fix that sometime.  Oh hey!))

Lars looked down at himself.  Hmm... if he was going to be the Prophet of Steve, he needed a better robe!

Head to armory and request their finest cloth fit for the Prophet of Steve.  If acquired, go to Rec Room and design a fitting robe.  (IE request dynamic bonus charge)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #23374 on: January 29, 2014, 11:57:25 am »

Anyway, I updated the description of Lars to include his crappy robe.  I should fix that sometime.  Oh hey!))

Lars looked down at himself.  Hmm... if he was going to be the Prophet of Steve, he needed a better robe!

Head to armory and request their finest cloth fit for the Prophet of Steve.  If acquired, go to Rec Room and design a fitting robe.  (IE request dynamic bonus charge)

((If this goes anything like the painting...*shivers*))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23375 on: January 29, 2014, 11:59:18 am »

((He'd need to drink xeno spit first.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23376 on: January 29, 2014, 12:16:11 pm »

((To be a bit mean though, when PW said he was leaving for his Hiragana learning, he posted the same thing in the 3 ER threads, so I could easily see how his posting count gets so inflated.))
((Not piecewise, me. Look here and notice how close I am to having more posts than the next two posters combined.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23377 on: January 29, 2014, 12:27:09 pm »

((To be a bit mean though, when PW said he was leaving for his Hiragana learning, he posted the same thing in the 3 ER threads, so I could easily see how his posting count gets so inflated.))
((Not piecewise, me. Look here and notice how close I am to having more posts than the next two posters combined.))

((I was referring to you, 'he' was about you. I mean, really, I perfectly see why a GM would post in all his games he's taking a break, but I cannot fathom a reason you would need to say the same thing thrice. No offense, but sometimes it looks like you're posting for the sake of posting.

upon retrospect, you are right that that post is not clear and too ambiguous. I'll edit it to avoid confusion.))
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 12:31:57 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23378 on: January 29, 2014, 12:32:41 pm »

Spoiler:  OOC (click to show/hide)
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23379 on: January 29, 2014, 12:42:43 pm »

((I was referring to you, 'he' was about you.
((Sorry about that.
Gorram pronouns...
And you might have a bit of a point in that "post to post" thing. I do tend to have a lot to say. And not much skill in...not saying it. Although I'm working on that.))
Sig

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23380 on: January 29, 2014, 01:18:20 pm »

Yup. Just small and red.
You get a red Pentagon with a diagonal line through it.

((Let's try something silly...))
Go find the Doctor or if I can't find him, send him a message. Ask the Doc if he can make me a horse. ((Note: By "make me a horse" I mean make some sort of flesh abomination for me. Not turn me into a fleshy abomination. And definitely not turn me into a pony.))
Specifically:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((I don't really need this since I got a mobility battlesuit, just doing this for fun. Perhaps after I train it, I could donate it to someone using the melee or the heavy weapons kind of battlesuit. It was one of the things I wanted the Doctor to build me since the first mission and I want to see if it was ever possible.

I guess I could ask Xan to do it, but I'd prefer not to.))

What are you willing to give in return for such a thing?

Who is that familiar guy? Try to place him. Search for him on the Internet! I must know!

Also, check out that psychoactive gassing article. That sounds remarkably relevant to what I've been meaning to experiment with!

Hmmm you think you might have seen that guy around the ship a while back...wait...you haven't seen him for a while. Maybe he escaped!

As per psychoactive gassing the guy has basically been pumping into the suburbs...well, it's not dangerous so much as just causing the population to act lethargic, apathetic and giggle a lot. He did use a gas similar to xenospit at one point but seems to have disliked it because the effects were too variable. Temporary comas, insane rage, visions, inexplicable behavior. One man ate his living room carpet.

Deep within the haze of a stasis pod, a pair of robotic eyes flicker to life. Even if had seemed like only an instant, it had been far too long. But where would she emerge? A museum? Some secret government lab? Buried in a radioactive crater in a post-apocalyptic wasteland? Time to find out.

Once feeling returns to her limbs and the door to the stasis chamber hisses open, Erin practically leaps to the edge amid a manic cackle.
( ) "Hellooooooo, Future!" Quickly, she snaps her left arm into place, twisting and flexing it a bit to make sure everything's in full working order. She didn't hear any guns being pointed at her yet- definitely an auspicious sign!
( ) "Suck it, HR-whateverthefucks. Now--" Her smug smirk drops instantly, replaced by an expression of bemusement, and she unconsciously reaches up to crank at the screw in her head, producing a soft ratcheting sound, as she looks around the chamber.

Some kind of... barracks, fitted with stasis cells? More importantly, this wasn't her pod. Had she been tampered with? Just how long had she been out, anyway?
( _) "...Where the bright blue Hell am I?" She demands of nobody in particular.
>You're On a spaceship. That's on a planet. That's in a solar system. That's in on of the arms of a galaxy. That's in a galaxy. That's in the local group. Thats in the universe.

Further, You are an tiny and insignificant carbon based pile of self sustaining organic chemical reactions  that I fear will probably fail to self sustain for much longer, especially on a cosmic time scale.

Or, in a way that doesn't invite an existential crisis, You're on a formerly government ship, now turned rebellion party bus, on a planet that will soon be attacked by a lot of angry government people. I hope you like waking up in the hospital because you're probably gonna be doing that a lot! 

Clothing is in the box near the pod, booze in in the armory, and companionship is in the May.

Quote from: Pancaek -> AM
I see, I'll just have to hope to get some competent teammates when the UWM comes.

Another question, if you would indulge me. During the VR training, you told chin and me that a 1 foot sphere, heated up about 100-150 degrees takes the least amount of effort with the microwave amp. Does the MMA also have someting like this, a 'stadard' setting if you will?

Love and Huggles, Pancaek

Send to AM, recieve wisdom

"Oi, wake up"
"What?"
"You've just been standing in this hallway. Not moving. I think that whole internal messaging thing you robot people do might freak some people out. Also, May just passed, beware."

A non-concentrated burst of physical force in front of you is probably easiest. 50 psi or so.

VR time while there's still time before the attack. AM's amp course.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)

You're gonna have to remind me what that is.

((The course the AM set up for Pancaek and me to teach us about efficient, general, and specific amp use, testing them out, and asking questions. There was also the option of a parkour of sorts to test our understanding of amp use. It was interrupted by the travel to Hephaestus, and I decided later to wait before returning to it because everyone went tinker-mad.))
Am test course it is. You wanna do the attack course, defense course or movement course?

((@Hail: Good to see you, though. Right in time too, since we're getting closer to a timeskip which will have us thrown into the jaws of hell.))

"Yeah. I remember you asked me the same thing, though my answer was in the lines of 'I have no idea'." Milno answers, glancing to the side for a moment before his gaze returns to the AM and he raises the hand he has the alien glove on. "I've been thinking about asking you this for a while: think this gauntlet has an intelligence of sorts inside? I suffered some kind of feedback once."

Keep talking.

Spoiler: Timeskip Quote (click to show/hide)

"Intelligence is a tricky issue. It might be conscious of it's surroundings but not intelligent, like a normal computer. It could just be following a set of preprogrammed rules that are so vast and complex that they artificially simulate intelligence but are, in the end, deterministic. Or it might be using evolutionary, reactive programming which is a form of intelligence, but is different from what you would consider "intelligent" by human standards. Or you could simply be reading intelligence into random actions.  Or it might actually be intelligent. 

Has it ever communicated with you?"

"Oh, I can lead you to the infirmary then, with it's top notch, if slightly eccentric, staff. My boyfriend went there to stop dying of kidney failure, and another guy went in who vomited so hard he suffered severe internal damage. Follow me."

Lead newbie girl to the Infirmary.

((I forgot that this isn't some random person that we're dealing with, as Erin seems to rate pretty highly on the Elizas Scale of Hedonism and Depravity, what with the charges brought against her. I wouldn't be surprised if, like May, she ignored wearing anything other than MK-Level Armor for a while.))
You drag the New girl to the Infirmary.

Thomas steps out of the infirmary.  He could stand, that's good enough. At least he wasn't missing a limb again. Upon seeing May, he approaches her and the new girl.
"Hey May. Who's she?"
I'm just gonna have you stay there, since May is bringing another girl with her and if you're in bed then the sympathy points might kick in and...well. I assume you know where this goes.

Saint walks up to Nyars and Dubley smiling.

"Hello there.  Would you mind sating my curiousity as to what you're doing?  What's in the containers?

Ask Dubley and Nyars.

((Yeah, wishing that I had got the welcoming comittee too.  I've pretty much spent all of my free turns trying to get IC knowledge of what's going on.  I probably shouldn't have chosen to play such a skeptical character >.<

I'm mildly worried about the timeskip too.  Steve's priority during that time would be meeting as many people as possible, and making allies.  But that's primarily a RP thing, so...))

"Alien stuff, prototype weapons and gear. Good shit. You want some, kid? First one's...still gotta be paid for."

(Pff. The Bastards got their introduction via hotdrop onto a hostile alien planet that eliminated pretty much every droppod except theirs, and Jim only lasted I think three turns before he was ripped in half by laser fire. His corpse was then drug along and further mangled by his allies during the rest of that mission. :P My only regret is I kinda wish in retrospect that I'd asked for the Adam Jensen treatment instead of going full robo, but eh, whatever.)

Jim gets up and patrols the ship to make sure nothing that requires his attention is going on.
You patrol the ship, walking the halls and no doubt terrifying and inspiring awe in all the newbies you pass. Hmm...there don't seem to be any sort of incidents going on inside the ship that require your attention. No brawls to break up, no mesks to snap, no enemies to reduce to ash. All things are as they should be. Hmm, maybe outside the ship?

Saint walks up to Nyars and Dubley smiling.

"Hello there.  Would you mind sating my curiousity as to what you're doing?  What's in the containers?

Ask Dubley and Nyars.

((Yeah, wishing that I had got the welcoming comittee too.  I've pretty much spent all of my free turns trying to get IC knowledge of what's going on.  I probably shouldn't have chosen to play such a skeptical character >.<

I'm mildly worried about the timeskip too.  Steve's priority during that time would be meeting as many people as possible, and making allies.  But that's primarily a RP thing, so...))
"Dunno. Probably some kind of prank. Those assholes over there *Dubley gestures to the research lab kiosk* gave me a free coupon. Better than nothing I suppose.

Hey Mr Nyars how do I even pronounce that? What do you sell anyways?
"

"I just told that one!" Nyars says, pointing his bat at the guy behind you. "Open your ears, son."

Nyars, as in Nyarlathotep

Jobasio had been standing off to one side of the infirmary with a small pill-bottle still clutched in one hand, muttering to himself whilst staring into the middle distance. His other hand was slowly stroking his gauss rifle, hanging at its side from its strap.
At the entrance of Erin and May, however, he looks up, then strides over with a slight smile. He waits for a break in conversation before speaking up.

"Ah, a new arrival! How wonderful. 'Tis always nice to see a new face around here."
In an effort to differentiate himself from Yoink's first character show his superior breeding and gentlemanliness, he doesn't hit on anyone outrageously and instead talks about something important.
"Do make yourself at home- we have the finest of amenities onboard, as well as a fine collection of board games and all the drugs one could possibly need to cope. The food is quite nice, too, or at least it is a step up from nutrient paste."

He pauses, scoops a small white pill into his mouth and swallows it before continuing, not really paying attention to the rest of the conversation now as he rambles on. "I say, have you met Whig? I am sure the two of you shall hit it off just splendidly. Here's to the, err, A.R.M! Oh my, look at the time, I am running late. How scatterbrained of me. Tsk."

>Babble on at the newcomer, take another painkiller and offer one to her as a welcome-aboard gift.

>Then head to the Armoury.
You take another pain killer, effectively ruining the perfect dosing you did before, and sloppily hand one to the new person before staggering to the armory, walking straight into the kiosk and falling over backwards.
( ) "I think I like you." Erin stops as May continues her explanation.

[[( ) INTENSIFIES]]

"You know those people who want to invent time travel so they can go back to the past so they can screw around with ancient history?

Screw those guys, living in the future is fucking awesome!"
She remarks, barely containing the excitement in her voice while wielding a grin that threatened to split her head in half. She just stares in this manner at the incoherently babbling person until he hands her a pill and wanders off, and makes an about-face as soon as he does, not really having listened to a word he said- too busy thinking about giant robots, lasers, and space magic!

Make a beeline for the Armory!

You make a run for the armory. I'll assume you know where to find the list of whats in the armory.

"Hey, wait for me!"

Tail Erin.

((Character relationship development, how much I've missed you my old love.))
You chase after Erin.

Erin....Hmm. That sounds familiar to another name. A name that makes me want to get more Slack.

((I find it amusing how Erin is so absorbed in the space magic of the future she has 'pulled a may' and is currently running around the ship having eschewed the idea of clothing & given the idea of my character being more of a straight-man/only-competent-repair-guy I feel like I should act like some sort of mentor-ey thing or some thing similar and drag her back to get a uniform))
Even after a short time here Joseph new that the sound of May leading someone bubbling over with excitement-especially about the armoury given the stories and firsthand knowledge- should be checked out or at least warned of the dangers
Joseph steps out into the hall blocking may and whoever the new person is
"Who are you?, why are you naked? and may have you given her the "AM will murder you" talk?"
point back towards the stasis pods
"I would also suggest collecting your tokens and a uniform"
I can only imagine that Erin is going to run right past you and May, upon hearing the suggestion to get dressed, is going to make this face.

Do you have any colors in mind? (assume dynamic bonus gained anyways, to save time).

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23381 on: January 29, 2014, 01:25:23 pm »

Do you have any colors in mind? (assume dynamic bonus gained anyways, to save time).

((You have to ask?  Northern Green, of course!  Too bad you had to ask- I was looking forward to the AM being sarcastic at Lars.))

Construct that Northern Green robe!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23382 on: January 29, 2014, 01:57:45 pm »

Erin slows to a fast walk as she approaches the armory kiosk, looking around while rubbing her hands gleefully like a kid in a candy store, or, perhaps, a hyperactive psychopath in very near proximity to a weapons stockpile of indeterminate but vast destructive potential.
( ) "Guten Tag! I have it on good authority you have giant robot lasers and Radical Space Magic here?"

Hmm. Something seemed... off. Checking her excitement further, she takes a good, long look at the Armory Master, pursing her lips and cranking contemplatively at her head screw. Had she just been in stasis for too long, or...?

( ︿) "...Do I... know you from somewhere...?"

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 02:24:34 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23383 on: January 29, 2014, 02:10:31 pm »

((@HailFire: The armory is a kiosk protruding out of a wall with a some clear glass keeping armory master and "soldiers" separated.))

"It pushed some thoughts of the superiority of machines and weakness of flesh into my mind once, I guess. Never happened again, though." Milno answers, glancing at the newcomers - newbie naked woman and May - for a moment. "It seems pretty useful and all, but this kind of alien stuff is hard to trust. On that note, any thoughts on the sharkmist thing inside me?" he asks, genuinely interested in the opinion of someone who has seen far more alien fuckery than him.

Answer and ask.

Spoiler: Timeskip Quote (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 02:15:12 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #23384 on: January 29, 2014, 02:39:55 pm »

((Ah, this is where to post. >__>))

Feyri wonders if she had learned anything from past mission and meditation in the span of time [stuff] happened (level up, PW?).

She also asks the AM if she could ask her for some advice in utilizing the synthflesh body for better use in accordance with the MKIII.
Pages: 1 ... 1557 1558 [1559] 1560 1561 ... 2101