_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1554 1555 [1556] 1557 1558 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933358 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #23325 on: January 28, 2014, 09:46:22 pm »

((Is the mass manipulator the telekinetic one or the transmutation one?))
((The telekinetic one. Though it can do a decent job of transmuting a human body into a pile of goo. :P))
((Good to know.
I can think of some ways to use that.))

((Yeah, I know. But you have to think about the... Hmm... I don't know what the right word is.
Anyway, I need a fleshy horse because a cowboy-lone ranger guy should have a horse that is also his best friend, like Lucky Luke and Jolly Jumper or Bravestarr and Thirty Thirty. And it's harder to get friendly with a robotic animal. Fleshy animals are easier to understand and manage. Not to mention build and maintain. The horse should be like a dog.
((Actually, mechanical "animals" are easier to build and maintain if you have access to a good industrial base.
*looks at Hephaestus*
And if you want a loyal horse, put a dog's brain in a robohorse body.))

can sharkmist be used to make self repairing equipment?
((NANOBOTS DON'T WORK THAT WAY.
((Sure they do! Just not well.))

((Gotta love how she gets an intro while I just roll on board unnoticed.))
((Some people get onboard at times that folks aren't busy cleaning up after a living manipulator meltdown *whistles innocently*))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #23326 on: January 28, 2014, 10:19:20 pm »

Saint walks up to Nyars and Dubley smiling.

"Hello there.  Would you mind sating my curiousity as to what you're doing?  What's in the containers?

Ask Dubley and Nyars.

((Yeah, wishing that I had got the welcoming comittee too.  I've pretty much spent all of my free turns trying to get IC knowledge of what's going on.  I probably shouldn't have chosen to play such a skeptical character >.<

I'm mildly worried about the timeskip too.  Steve's priority during that time would be meeting as many people as possible, and making allies.  But that's primarily a RP thing, so...))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23327 on: January 28, 2014, 10:24:19 pm »

((You think your anonymity was a bad intro?

My first character walked into the armory naked, invented some stuff, got encased in a suit of armor made out of locker doors, got thrown at a demon cicada which proceeded to mauled him as he decapitated it with a laser rifle and then got melted down into sludge by the doctor because it infected him.

Dorf never even made it off of the ship.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23328 on: January 28, 2014, 10:28:16 pm »

(Pff. The Bastards got their introduction via hotdrop onto a hostile alien planet that eliminated pretty much every droppod except theirs, and Jim only lasted I think three turns before he was ripped in half by laser fire. His corpse was then drug along and further mangled by his allies during the rest of that mission. :P My only regret is I kinda wish in retrospect that I'd asked for the Adam Jensen treatment instead of going full robo, but eh, whatever.)

Jim gets up and patrols the ship to make sure nothing that requires his attention is going on.

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #23329 on: January 28, 2014, 10:44:30 pm »

((Yeah.  Both of those are better.  Because you had goals/context.  Challenges to face.

My only goal/challenge is getting Saint informed about the situation, so I don't feel like I'm being OOC when he doesn't just betray ARM.  Currently he thinks he's a prisoner kidnapped by pirates as cannon fodder.

...And no, that is not an accurate description of the situation.  We actually don't treat people much like cannon fodder nowadays.

And yes, I fully blame myself for any of this.  If I'd paid more attention, I could have joined after the timeskip and been happier.  Or I could have just played a character that isn't so based on RP.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23330 on: January 28, 2014, 10:46:47 pm »

(Pff. The Bastards got their introduction via hotdrop onto a hostile alien planet that eliminated pretty much every droppod except theirs, and Jim only lasted I think three turns before he was ripped in half by laser fire. His corpse was then drug along and further mangled by his allies during the rest of that mission. :P My only regret is I kinda wish in retrospect that I'd asked for the Adam Jensen treatment instead of going full robo, but eh, whatever.)
((Anonymity is looking pretty good now isnt it smurf?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23331 on: January 28, 2014, 10:49:37 pm »

((Well, Saint could kind of ask around to the people who are active. If he's RP-based, talking to characters whose players are usually around is a good way to get that information.

That and betrayal by lack of IC knowledge can be easily remedied by saying he simply managed to believe what they are actually doing because one year tends to be enough time to amass information.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23332 on: January 28, 2014, 10:52:21 pm »

(Pff. The Bastards got their introduction via hotdrop onto a hostile alien planet that eliminated pretty much every droppod except theirs, and Jim only lasted I think three turns before he was ripped in half by laser fire. His corpse was then drug along and further mangled by his allies during the rest of that mission. :P
((Ooh, that reminds me. I'm replaying Mission 1 in the Survey thread until stuff starts happening in the tinker stuff. Wanna RP VirtualPast!Jim?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23333 on: January 28, 2014, 10:55:23 pm »

Saint walks up to Nyars and Dubley smiling.

"Hello there.  Would you mind sating my curiousity as to what you're doing?  What's in the containers?

Ask Dubley and Nyars.

((Yeah, wishing that I had got the welcoming comittee too.  I've pretty much spent all of my free turns trying to get IC knowledge of what's going on.  I probably shouldn't have chosen to play such a skeptical character >.<

I'm mildly worried about the timeskip too.  Steve's priority during that time would be meeting as many people as possible, and making allies.  But that's primarily a RP thing, so...))
"Dunno. Probably some kind of prank. Those assholes over there *Dubley gestures to the research lab kiosk* gave me a free coupon. Better than nothing I suppose.

Hey Mr Nyars how do I even pronounce that? What do you sell anyways?
"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23334 on: January 28, 2014, 10:58:30 pm »

(Yeah, sure, why not?)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23335 on: January 28, 2014, 11:06:00 pm »

( ) Engineering, huh? I would like to get back to building things as soon as I can! Admininstration..." Erin shrugs. "Most of my experience with administration is throwing money at people until they do what I want them to and then shooting them if they don't, haha~  ...Of course, I don't exactly have any of that at the moment, eh?

So, he's everywhere, then? Wow!"
She tilts her head back and gives the ceiling a call and a wave. "Hello up there! You've been listening, I assume?"

When Thomas addresses her, however, she dismissively brushes past him towards the infirmary, hardly slowing down.
( ) "Call me Erin." She tilts her head towards May. "Boyfriend or vomit-boy?"
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23336 on: January 28, 2014, 11:18:43 pm »

Denzel puts the clothes back in the bin and wanders off.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 11:37:57 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23337 on: January 28, 2014, 11:24:30 pm »

"Boyfriend. He's a Sniper. I'm an Manipulator Medic. Together we fight crime!"
May's eyes suddenly lit up.
"By the way, we have an Armory. In addition to your regular assortment of shooty-lasers and fuck-em-up-boom-booms, it also has these things called Manipulators and Amplifiers that allow you to do radical space-magic. The Manipulators use Science, whereas the Amplifiers use Mindpower. There's also some suits that'll help you live or let you fly or become a battle robot. It's just down the hall, and the lady behind the glass is the Armory Master. She can help you up and get you what you need. She's really hot, though if you look at her boobies too long she might get mad and instantly liquify all your organs.

You sound like you've done stuff. Where did you come from?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23338 on: January 28, 2014, 11:58:17 pm »

Jobasio had been standing off to one side of the infirmary with a small pill-bottle still clutched in one hand, muttering to himself whilst staring into the middle distance. His other hand was slowly stroking his gauss rifle, hanging at its side from its strap.
At the entrance of Erin and May, however, he looks up, then strides over with a slight smile. He waits for a break in conversation before speaking up.

"Ah, a new arrival! How wonderful. 'Tis always nice to see a new face around here."
In an effort to differentiate himself from Yoink's first character show his superior breeding and gentlemanliness, he doesn't hit on anyone outrageously and instead talks about something important.
"Do make yourself at home- we have the finest of amenities onboard, as well as a fine collection of board games and all the drugs one could possibly need to cope. The food is quite nice, too, or at least it is a step up from nutrient paste."

He pauses, scoops a small white pill into his mouth and swallows it before continuing, not really paying attention to the rest of the conversation now as he rambles on. "I say, have you met Whig? I am sure the two of you shall hit it off just splendidly. Here's to the, err, A.R.M! Oh my, look at the time, I am running late. How scatterbrained of me. Tsk."

>Babble on at the newcomer, take another painkiller and offer one to her as a welcome-aboard gift.

>Then head to the Armoury.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 12:02:47 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23339 on: January 29, 2014, 12:16:00 am »

( ) "I think I like you." Erin stops as May continues her explanation.

[[( ) INTENSIFIES]]

"You know those people who want to invent time travel so they can go back to the past so they can screw around with ancient history?

Screw those guys, living in the future is fucking awesome!"
She remarks, barely containing the excitement in her voice while wielding a grin that threatened to split her head in half. She just stares in this manner at the incoherently babbling person until he hands her a pill and wanders off, and makes an about-face as soon as he does, not really having listened to a word he said- too busy thinking about giant robots, lasers, and space magic!

Make a beeline for the Armory!
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.
Pages: 1 ... 1554 1555 [1556] 1557 1558 ... 2101