_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1474 1475 [1476] 1477 1478 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5928675 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22125 on: December 23, 2013, 07:04:58 pm »

((Since PW is gonna be gone for a bit, this is a bit out of character for Steve.  But RP.))

"Gah, hey!  Wait up!"

Hurry after the guy who was spat out just before me.

Steve tries to catch Marcius' attention, then looks directly into his eyes and speaks.

"I have no idea who you are, or where I am, but far as I can see we're in the same boat.  And this... environment seems dangerous, so we should stick together.  For safety.  Do you agree?"

((I think the ship's pretty much deserted in our area?  The only person we would have passed would be Nyars.  Next to the kiosk with blood and brains painted around inside.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22126 on: December 23, 2013, 08:22:19 pm »

Charles thanks Mesk via speech roll.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #22127 on: December 23, 2013, 08:46:30 pm »

(("power loader" Aliens references much? :P))
"I remember the H-class suits the propensity of them to break down at the worst possible time has been fixed right?"
get in begin boot, check control surfaces and whatnot do not trap limbs in gaps
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22128 on: December 23, 2013, 09:07:48 pm »

((@Piecewise: Thanks for the appearance info! That's going straight to my ER appearance info Google document! Can you do other NPCs? Nyars maybe? I've got absolutely nothing about him.))

((I think he wears a Gasmask and a scientists labcoat.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22129 on: December 23, 2013, 09:08:12 pm »

((How about a secret santa?))
((Secret Santas aren't so great...))

(("A little box from Nyars for everyone" can easily turn into a "Horrible Death Day". Just sayin'.))
((Not if we limit it to sanity. Or if Steve makes sure to give us all things like sentient pet rocks or laser-like things instead of death rays and Altered dandruff.))

A free spin on the old Roulette Of Death wheel for everyone!  And death is replaced with Steve slapping you in the bum repeatedly, in the spirit of Christmas!
((The what?))

((There's a few more skills than there are Nyars-colors, but it's a guideline, along with armory categories. I think we're pretty clear with red being weaponry, blue being medical, and gold being weird alien stuff. Purple and green are a bit more debatable. It's the shapes and stripes that are least understood.))
((I'm pretty sure the shapes represented the screwery. Triangles were fairly tame, nonagons would be insane.))

Surroundings is a big dark room that's apparently been shot full of holes.
*whistles innocently*

I'll do the bits of info thing as well as this. When we get done with our current missions (Probably pretty fast?) Nyars will have a sack. In his sack will be presents, numbered 1 to 100 or so. The contents of these presents will be random, anything from a single token to a grand prize hidden in one of them. And everyone will get to chose 1 of them.
Whoo! I want #7!

Is this Grate pre- or post-Grate 32?*

((Nyars maybe? I've got absolutely nothing about him.))
((He looks Nyarsey.))

((Because power loaders can never exist outside of Aliens?))

*What I'm calling the whole amp-pill incident. It was the third Grate, and he kinda got exponentially more powerful. Also, it ties it to China-9 and Ice-9.

Fix the vent things with my small flexibility!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22130 on: December 23, 2013, 09:55:09 pm »

Right, armor duty for me then. Could you have someone show me to the control unit for the repair arm? I'd like to get familiar with it while I wait for the other volunteers.

Confirm volunteering for armor arm control duty, head off with indicated orange jumpsuit.

(( I think you missed me, not that you would have had anything for me to do, other than a description of whatever sort of device we're going to be using for this :P

Also, that's a much better idea than just 'give everyone a Nyras box'. Sounds like a plan! ))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #22131 on: December 23, 2013, 09:57:15 pm »

((Because power loaders can never exist outside of Aliens?))
(That was almost a direct quote.  I'm pretty sure it was an Aliens reference.)

"Think nothing of it, citizen!"
Return Charles and go back for the other guy(s).
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 04:59:36 am by Remalle »

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22132 on: December 23, 2013, 11:08:33 pm »

(( I'm going to assume I made it to Jim's team, so I'm going to post over there now ))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22133 on: December 23, 2013, 11:17:12 pm »

Right, armor duty for me then. Could you have someone show me to the control unit for the repair arm? I'd like to get familiar with it while I wait for the other volunteers.

Confirm volunteering for armor arm control duty, head off with indicated orange jumpsuit.
(( I think you missed me, not that you would have had anything for me to do, other than a description of whatever sort of device we're going to be using for this :P
Also, that's a much better idea than just 'give everyone a Nyras box'. Sounds like a plan! ))

Make sure piecewise notices Kriellya's reposted action.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22134 on: December 23, 2013, 11:43:54 pm »

A free spin on the old Roulette Of Death wheel for everyone!  And death is replaced with Steve slapping you in the bum repeatedly, in the spirit of Christmas!
((The what?))

((The bum.  Your butt, ass, rear end, tushie.  The thing you sit on.

Also, requesting Doc lore.  What is his favorite color?  Does he have a secret love affair with Parathun from Perplexicon?))

Brother Lars peers down into the shaft.  "Brother Stacy!  Are you well?  Well done, Brother Mesk."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22135 on: December 24, 2013, 12:02:08 am »

((The what?))
((Not that what. The roulette what.))
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22136 on: December 24, 2013, 12:17:19 am »

((The what?))
((Not that what. The roulette what.))

((Oh.  Why didn't you just say so?))

Wheel of Fate: A giant gambling wheel with 100 different results. Costs 1 token to play. Results range from potentially very good to potentially very bad. Potential Fatality rating: Medium (Averages out)

The Wheel: Examples would be:
Gain 3 tokens
Get punched in the stomach
Coupon good for one complete ammo refill for all your weapons
Lose one random possession
Gain 10 tokens
Lose all possessions
One free item from the armory
Get shot in the head
etc.

((It was an anniversary suggestion.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22137 on: December 24, 2013, 10:05:23 am »

((Well... I need to increase my reading and catch up, holy shit:P))

"Damn, seems I won't be using weapons any time soon. What in hades is this place, anyways?"

get bearings, proceed to rec room and sit, waiting for something to be explained
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22138 on: December 24, 2013, 10:36:27 am »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #22139 on: December 24, 2013, 02:00:21 pm »

((Well... I need to increase my reading and catch up, holy shit:P))

"Damn, seems I won't be using weapons any time soon. What in hades is this place, anyways?"

get bearings, proceed to rec room and sit, waiting for something to be explained

This was directed at you.  Sorry if I didn't make that obvious  ::)

((Since PW is gonna be gone for a bit, this is a bit out of character for Steve.  But RP.))

"Gah, hey!  Wait up!"

Hurry after the guy who was spat out just before me.

Steve tries to catch Marcius' attention, then looks directly into his eyes and speaks.

"I have no idea who you are, or where I am, but far as I can see we're in the same boat.  And this... environment seems dangerous, so we should stick together.  For safety.  Do you agree?"

((I think the ship's pretty much deserted in our area?  The only person we would have passed would be Nyars.  Next to the kiosk with blood and brains painted around inside.))
Pages: 1 ... 1474 1475 [1476] 1477 1478 ... 2101