_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1476 1477 [1478] 1479 1480 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5929435 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22155 on: December 25, 2013, 08:36:36 am »

((Custom armor paint jobs that would normally cost tokens would be a good thing for the bag.  Doesn't really add to "token inflation" but is a nice thing to have.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22156 on: December 25, 2013, 08:38:05 am »

((Ah. Oh well. That works.

I still wouldn't mind a ship assault mission in the nearer future, hehe. ^_^))

((In other news, I wanted to sketch something, but any interesting scene would take too long, so have a pair of insignia prototypes instead.

Spoiler: For ARM as a whole (click to show/hide)

I really like the symmetry feature in the new MyPaint. And the line and ellipse tools. ^_^))

((From these images I conclude that Steve is left handed))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22157 on: December 25, 2013, 10:48:52 am »

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22158 on: December 25, 2013, 01:18:32 pm »

(( I don't think any of us have had time to look up that effect. We've been kind of busy :P
Still, how interesting... JIM, WE NEED TO DO SCIENCE TO YOU! Or Miyamoto. I suppose he is a larger set of synthflesh.

Little curious, how big are titans? I don't have a good sense of their size as compared to, say, the sword. Right now I've been thinking of them as 'the size of an aircraft carrier, but upright', but I still don't have a good grasp of it. ))

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22159 on: December 25, 2013, 01:29:47 pm »

((Sorry syvaris, Christmas and all. Missed your post.))

Marcius turns to this man, his normally handsome features darkened by his anger.

"It would be to benefit both of us, friend, to stay together. But be warned. The first chance I have to strike back against these cowardous men, I will take it... For my family. Although..."
Marcius grips the mans arm in an arm clasp. "Allies are welcome in these times, we shall stay together."

His peace said, Marcius turns and heads to the rec room, and asks for what the hell is going on

((If someone would tell Marcius that we rebelled against the UWM, that would be great, and he would be very much willing to help))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22160 on: December 25, 2013, 04:05:52 pm »

((Yeah, no one had the spare time to look up the effect. I was going to, but then Grate.
I'll look it up after this thing is done. And the Altered.
After all, it might be useful.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22161 on: December 25, 2013, 04:29:38 pm »

((@ Sean: nice logos.

Hmm, lets fill up this lack of paranoia, shall we'?))
No one looked up the Alstrom Effect after I told them about it so here it is: As the amount of synthflesh in a single organism increases, strange effects become more apparent. The laws governing the size and physical viability of the creature start to break down and creatures that shouldn't be able to stand or move, or even live without collapsing under their own weight can live normally. Further more, the damage done to them by external sources lessens. This is part of the reason why avatars and Titans are so damn difficult to hurt, even without their armor. Giant synthflesh creatures seem to produce a sort of natural field somewhat similar to an automated Manipulator that weakens or even stops any threat to them.

The exact mechanisms of this effect are unknown, but the utility of it has not escaped the scientists of the UWM. However, nothing larger then a titan has ever been made of synthflesh. Why? Because of the other effects that emerge at higher concentrations.

((Ooh, this fits nicely into a little theory I have, being that synthflesh has emergent properties.
Basically, synthflesh has capabilities that only manifest itself once it has a certain amount of it is present in one body. Whatever neural structure it has gets smarter/more potent once there's more of it. That's why an Avatar has one of those entities hiding inside it, while standard sythflesh bodies don't: standard bodies aren't big enough for it.

This might be one of the 'other effects' they are afraid of: if they build them too big, they might become self-aware (or at least too smart for our own good). And from what we've seen by now, those things are rather violent and feral (though this could be a side effect from not having enough neural matter, thereby only gaining wild-animal levels of intelligence. Or maybe it really is malicious, who knows).

I told him the batteries don't carry an electric charge. Well, maybe some latent synaptic activity, but nothing worth considering. And I might be able to help him if he could be restrained, but I doubt he will be.

((I had a thought: you know how we usually think that manips were there first, and that amps were then adapted to somehow use the brain as a power source? What if it's the other way around: amps were here first, and their space magic requires a (human) brain to function. Manips were then derived from them, and whatever it is in the brain that they need to work is provided by those batteries manips use.

((And now for the grand paranoid cru: what if the above two things are related? PW said large synthflesh creatures have some sort of automanip thing allowing them to remain upright and protects them. Maybe this stems from the fact that the more 'brainpower' they have, the more they can use the space magic that makes amps work. Maybe amps and manips are some sort of catalyst, instead of the thing that makes the space magic work in the first place.

This goes against the whole 'human have no inherent magical capabilities', but eh, maybe it's misdirection. Or a case of literal genie.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22162 on: December 25, 2013, 04:32:32 pm »

((I'm fairly certain that synthflesh was described as at least slightly alien at some point.  Maybe at some point the alien simply takes back over.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22163 on: December 25, 2013, 04:48:12 pm »

((Synthflesh is essentially a contained and controlled breed of Altered from what I've seen. They both generate the same fields, evidenced by the Altered breaking square/cube law, and they both savagely attack anything near them, though we don't know if synthflesh creatures do the same.))
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22164 on: December 25, 2013, 05:22:52 pm »

((I doubt that the battery provides whatever the manipulator requires from the brain, given that the manipulators still don't work without a brain being present. It's probably something else that it does - presumably the space ghost or genie providing the magic isn't prodded by electric shocks, funny though such an idea might be.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22165 on: December 25, 2013, 06:00:15 pm »

((Yeah, no one had the spare time to look up the effect. I was going to, but then Grate.
((You say that like it's my fault I...okay maybe it was my fault.))

This goes against the whole 'human have no inherent magical capabilities', but eh, maybe it's misdirection. Or a case of literal genie.
((OR, the humans aren't the one doing the space magic...
And it's more like exact words than any kind of genie.))]
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22166 on: December 25, 2013, 08:58:54 pm »

((So I was giving some thought to the "shuriken launcher" thing and I have made some adjustments. Specifically the purpose of it is no longer just to fire shuriken like a badass ninja, the objective is now to create the "HS3" or "HAWKING Stealth Suppression System"
The driving idea behind this is pretty much Joker Team, in that they were left without suits, weapons or other equipment besides a few smuggled-in pieces of crap :P
The HS3 aims to provide a alternative "all-in-one" approach.

Planned Features:
The Wrist Mounted Gauss Shuriken Launcher, with a silencer option if possible.
Built-In poison dart launcher with darts made specifically to dissolve after delivering their payload, which will be variable.
Built-In Grappling Hook System, because mobility suffers on these kinds of missions.

The HS3 will compose of a "sleeve" attached to the WMGSL composed of things such as autoloaders for the weapon systems and computers to control all the various functions (possible integration with the "normal" computers all players receive considered)
Autoloaders would be designed with variable payloads in mind, allowing an operative to switch out shuriken styles (monoatomic possible for example) and dart poisons on the fly.
Dart poisons would include typical "kill them quickly and silently" venoms, knock out darts, possibly those memory eraser darts, and even Xeno Spit laced ones (to provide "distractions")
Sleeve would include some typical functions of a Mk suit, primarily auto-injectors for painkillers/coagulants.
Possible addition of automanipulator shielding to make up for operatives vulnerabilities without a suit.

All parts would be designed to be undetectable by typical UWM scanning devices (supposing this is possible)

Any other suggestions?))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #22167 on: December 25, 2013, 09:28:08 pm »

((Sorry syvaris, Christmas and all. Missed your post.))

Marcius turns to this man, his normally handsome features darkened by his anger.

"It would be to benefit both of us, friend, to stay together. But be warned. The first chance I have to strike back against these cowardous men, I will take it... For my family. Although..."
Marcius grips the mans arm in an arm clasp. "Allies are welcome in these times, we shall stay together."

His peace said, Marcius turns and heads to the rec room, and asks for what the hell is going on

((If someone would tell Marcius that we rebelled against the UWM, that would be great, and he would be very much willing to help))

Steve gave a slight smile and a nod to the man.

"We are both lucky to have found an ally in this... situation.  Lead on, my friend."

Steve then falls into step next to Marcius.

"Mind if I ask your name?  Mine is Steve.  And who are these 'cowardly men' you speak of?"

Follow Marcius to the rec room.

((@BFEL

A few thoughts on your idea there- One, you seem to have fallen prey to one of the oldest tinker traps; trying to fit everything into a small package.  Really, if you get all those features exactly as described, the weapon is going to cover the user's whole forearm at best.

Plus, if you want gauss anything, you'll need magnetic parts.  And magnetic parts are really easy to detect.  Of course, what with automanips and whatnot everything might be easy to detect.  So it should probably be designed for situations like the one Joker was in- no scanners, just sods.

I do like the dart launcher idea though.  That would be exceptionally useful on stealth missions, especially if you can figure out some way to make the darts painless.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22168 on: December 25, 2013, 09:40:39 pm »

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22169 on: December 25, 2013, 09:48:05 pm »

((Hmm. Too bad BFEL doesn't have Armsmaster's power.
A Worm crossover with ER would be fun.))
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 1476 1477 [1478] 1479 1480 ... 2101