_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1379 1380 [1381] 1382 1383 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937256 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Everyone else.
« Reply #20700 on: December 04, 2013, 09:29:37 am »

(No bogarting the cat-girl.  Cat-girl supplies should only be for the strategic reserve, rather than staked to individual players!)
((Catgirls aren't supplies! They're pets.
*awaits vengeance*))

((This talk about ranks is a bit too deep for me.  Just that it seems we've literally turned into "Welcome to the revolution, here's your gun."))
((Which reminds me.

Hey piecewise, if we went to the military system, how would under-equipped semi-new-people like Grate be handled?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20701 on: December 04, 2013, 09:38:59 am »

Hi everyone! Guess who's back?  ;D

(Hey, welcome back dude. ^^^ Good to see you again. Uh, summary. Steve chose Miyamoto, Jim, and Milno to be the leaders of the Sword in this revolution he's had planned for who knows how long, and we just did the first mission where we took over an industrial planet and are now squabbling about payment and all of that.)

(No bogarting the cat-girl.  Cat-girl supplies should only be for the strategic reserve, rather than staked to individual players!)

(I'll bogart Lyra if I damn well please. :3)

Approach Jim and Lyra and awkwardly introduce myself to them.

..um?  Hello?  I'm..  um, Leo, and it's good to see the doctor is capable of doing things other than making flesh-horrors.  What's your name?  I take it everything went well with the assault?

"James Kelly. This is Lyra. Good to meet you, Leo." Jim extended one of the hands not supporting Lyra toward Leo. "Things seem to have turned out quite good in regards to the mission, though given the atmosphere of the briefing room you wouldn't know it."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #20702 on: December 04, 2013, 09:45:41 am »

(Welcome back, Nik!  Also I forgot to mention this, but I support the military system, given that we've essentially become one.  More or less.)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20703 on: December 04, 2013, 09:47:15 am »

"Hm...I'll take it!" Grate had an idea...actually two, but he could do this one first.

"Sold to the mysterious prepubescent gentleman! Two tokens, please!"

Trade the manipulator to Grate in return for two tokens.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20704 on: December 04, 2013, 09:51:49 am »

((I am way, way behind, but I'll vote Aye on the military structure. To put it simply, we're not a scumteam anymore. We're freedom fighters.
I mean, discipline is still out the window, but at the very least our newbies could get a 'recruit' starting level of equipment.

And to be completely honest, I believe that if T.A. Teal were to be given his freedom, he'd just try to sell himself back into the HRMC for more token.
Firstly, because Indentured Labor seems to be a common thing in this universe.
Secondly, because he got to kick a thermonuclear explosive into a civilian refueling pit (Maybe "Against his better judgement", but not really "Against his will") and got away with a wrist slap; and permanent disfigurement. Just seems like win-win))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20705 on: December 04, 2013, 10:17:05 am »

"Hm...I'll take it!" Grate had an idea...actually two, but he could do this one first.
Pay him.
"Why am I mysterious?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20706 on: December 04, 2013, 11:01:21 am »

"Why am I mysterious?"

"Because I'm not really sure what happened to you, good fellow! There were reports that you died, mine included, but that seems to have not happened. Also, you may or may not be a ghost of some description. You should ask someone who stayed when you emerged from under the block - I was too busy avoiding the area at the time."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #20707 on: December 04, 2013, 11:06:38 am »

VOTE
http://strawpoll.me/818638

We a true democracy round here. For now we'll stick with the team budget thing, but only for smaller, more normal sized missions. The next mission is, unfortunately, not one of those...

In a separate post for piecewise's benefit:

Firstly, did any of Grate's gear survive the crushing?

Secondly, I think the current system needs to be tested in a more standard mission before we give it a definite yea or nay. This was a failure because it was a massive, full-ship, clusterfrak of a "mission," unlike every other mission. If I were you, I'd pick half a dozen or so newbies who could use the experience and tokens, send them on a quick mission, and see how the mission budget system works for that. We wouldn't say a car model is crap if it doesn't drive after driving off a cliff. Well, I wouldn't, if it was being used for anything I can see a car being used for.

For your sake, we'll say yes.

"Hey you, I think you need your head checked.  And, just your luck, I'm making house calls today."
Perform medicine on Xan.  And by that I mean kick him.
You kick at the weird, hyper dense mass of complex proteins.

If I see any violence happen, join the brawl.

You run over and bust a beer bottle on Mesk's head. He seems rather bemused by your actions.

(( I love how much you've embraced the whole kickboxing doctor thing :P
Though I'm betting that Steve might just electrocute you, since you would basically be having a brawl in the most crowded room on the ship.

Or he might just beat the crap out of you. He does have a synthflesh avatar in the room right now :P ))
((He can just let everyone else beat the crap out of him. Xan is just a lot of flesh right now, and not single-minded enough to be as dangerous as an Altered. And he's in a room of people with kinetic amps, synthflesh bodies, robot bodies, and at least one taser gauntlet.))
((And a possible quantum anomaly!))

If a fight breaks out, hide behind Ms. Feyri. Or Mr. Jim, if somehow Feyri is moving and Jim isn't.
You hide behind one of your adoptive parents. The one that seems to be moving around the least. They're both pretty stoic though.

Stoic like a bolder.

If a fight does break out, Jim calmly removes Lyra and Grate from the scene, then comes back into the briefing room and goes One Finger Death Punch on every combatant. Non-lethally, of course.
You hustle Grate and Lyra out of the room and half heartedly slap the new guy across the room before breaking mesk over your knee and pounding away at xan like pizza dough for a minute.

"Now, play nice."

((Full military sounds good although I agree that))
"These arguments are none of my concern"
wander towards the armoury

You wander to the armory.

get black boxes identified.

The black boxes are part of a powerful EMP system. Had you crossed them and activated it, it would have fried any electronics in the rather tight area of their influence. Sort of an anti-electronic claymore.

(( Hi everyone! Guess who's back?  ;D
It's still another half a year of service, but I believe I'll be online from now on most of the days.
Now, I must say, Wow. I've been following the mission threads (not the on-ship one, unfortunately) via the printouts friends sent me, and I am astounded with the changes that have happened. I can only guess their full extent though, so can anyone give a short summary of the current situation?

@GM Requesting status check. Any notable events that happened with Maurice during his internship? Oh, and what part did he play in the recent events? Just hoping here he was at least somewhat useful (say, by working in the infirmary) and didn't hide in the corner doing absolutely nothing.))

ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL.
Welcome back Nik. For the most part you've just been doing the doc's grunt work in the infirmary, healing, unkilling, getting a bit more sarcastic in the process.  Now, we can handle your internship one of two ways:
1.I give you two level ups worth of xp you can use however.
2. You no longer need to make med rolls for anything routine. You just succeed naturally. You learned from the best, after all.

Transaction complete .

ALRIGHT. Here's how we do: Post your Level ups and what your final pay was, so your bonus plus Miya's contribution. (I may kick extra tokens your way, if I think you're getting shafted.)

As per Unholy and the loot debacle, I understand his annoyance, but I also understand the other arguments. So hows about this compromise:

If you directly kill someone or something, their Loot is yours, period. If you just find stuff sitting around, then it goes in the community pile BUT people who actually found stuff get first pick of the pile, since it's their work they're sharing.

Fair?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20708 on: December 04, 2013, 11:08:25 am »

((That works. And voted!
Normal level ups then? If so, +5 Willpower, +3 Exo))

Also +3 Token (2 Steve, 1 Miyamoto)

Trundle over to where my old body was and retrieve my MK II.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 07:03:51 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20709 on: December 04, 2013, 11:25:14 am »

"Why am I mysterious?"
"Because I'm not really sure what happened to you, good fellow! There were reports that you died, mine included, but that seems to have not happened. Also, you may or may not be a ghost of some description. You should ask someone who stayed when you emerged from under the block - I was too busy avoiding the area at the time."
"Oh. I see."

As per Unholy and the loot debacle, I understand his annoyance, but I also understand the other arguments. So hows about this compromise:
If you directly kill someone or something, their Loot is yours, period. If you just find stuff sitting around, then it goes in the community pile BUT people who actually found stuff get first pick of the pile, since it's their work they're sharing.
Fair?
((It's not perfect, but as long as it's standardized I don't mind overmuch. I suppose that we can hammer out issues in the future.))

+3 Tokens (2 Steve, 1 Miyamoto)
+2 Dexterity, +2 Endurance, +1 Willpower, +1 Conventional Weapons, +2 [Quantum Stuff/Intuition]*

*Ideal world, I'd like it if Grate could get some kind of ability to reflect his unusual survival. If you think that "being alive" is enough of an ability, I'll take a +1 to Intuition to reflect the insight.

((Also, I noticed that the semiOP lists Grate on the Wall of Remembrance, without any note of his resurrection. And that the character descriptions for some people are out-of-date or missing. For instance, why are Miyamoto and Lyra absent, and shouldn't the current statuses of Feyri and Jim be noted?
In other news, inbound action post to attempt.))
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 11:30:22 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20710 on: December 04, 2013, 11:28:43 am »

+5 will
+3 exotic
1 token (miyamoto), +2token(steve) = 3 total
Current activity: Sitting on Jim

reposting for convience:
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20711 on: December 04, 2013, 11:35:13 am »

+5 Will, +3 Exo for Jim. No tokens.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #20712 on: December 04, 2013, 11:39:16 am »

((Anton has 2 token payout, 3 token bonus, on top of his previous total of zero token, so he's got 5 total.))

Level-up:

DEX: +3 (6 total)
WIL: +2 (5 total)

Speech +1 (2 total)
ConWeap: +2 (3 total)

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20713 on: December 04, 2013, 11:41:12 am »

Approach Jim and Lyra and awkwardly introduce myself to them.

..um?  Hello?  I'm..  um, Leo, and it's good to see the doctor is capable of doing things other than making flesh-horrors.  What's your name?  I take it everything went well with the assault?
watch the speaker, and tilt my head slightly to my left when he comments on the doc, my ears upright, my tail wavering about below me.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #20714 on: December 04, 2013, 11:41:52 am »

+5 Dexterity(or whatever's used for firing the pyramid of power)
+3 Exotic Weapons (or whatever's used for firing the pyramid of power)
+[3+2] tokens
Pages: 1 ... 1379 1380 [1381] 1382 1383 ... 2101