_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1248 1249 [1250] 1251 1252 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938186 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: The first death.
« Reply #18735 on: September 27, 2013, 08:05:32 pm »

((Let him have his moment ok?))

T. gives a little sigh of regret. Some of those jokes were rather funny.
Unfortunately he was currently doing the universal sign for "Do not move and drop your weapons or I will shoot you", i.e. - pointing a gun at someone.

Continue to have the drop on Xantalos Crazy knife guy. If he tries anything fishy (Hohoho), introduce his chest cavity to the wonders of short-range Gauss.
Afterwards, go open Charles' toolbox.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 03:59:52 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18736 on: September 27, 2013, 08:14:08 pm »

Wonder who the hell this Xantalous guy is.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18737 on: September 27, 2013, 08:38:39 pm »

Quote from: Denzel Gaunt to All
Jim asked me to check out the walls that some sods were running towards, but I don't see anything out of the ordinary yet. I'll let you know if I find anything out-of-place.

Inspect the walls for doors or upper/lower levels.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #18738 on: September 28, 2013, 07:27:55 am »

"Well, if that's under control, I should move out as I wanted..."

Advance to the next choke point.

Be ready to defend the ship. Use the rifle to focus on attackers. Heat a 1-foot sphere in the center of mass of any attackers that come rather than firing the rifle, though.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18739 on: September 28, 2013, 08:55:01 am »

((I think the pill machine is already an output of the 914. Made from a blender, a universal amp, and a Pez dispenser. Setting: Very Fine.))
((...Search the ship, looking for big clockwork devices. To clarify, don't do that. I was making a joke.))

((NOTE: I do not at all advocate drinking and operating firearms.))
((Nor do I. One of the first things alcohol depresses is your judgement.))

((Hey Piecewise, for future reference, would a wrist-mounted Gatling monoatomic explosive shuriken launcher array use Unconventional?))
Here, I made it better.
((Fixed it more.))

((Unconventional covers all non-deathtube weapons. So, pretty much anything that isn't a firearm. Knives to explosives to manipulators. So it may use Unconwep or Conwep, but the main problem is that monowire has to be both vibrating and taut between two points. So you could take a normal shuriken, stretch monowire between the points and make it vibrate, but it wouldn't be any more practical or deadly than the original shuriken.))
((Actually, you might be able to use it as a weapon, so it's plenty better.))

Michael looks over at what used to be a team mate and at all the stuff that has been left laying there...
"would be a shame to leave that lying there, especially having the ability to pull the perfect heist...."
move toward the stuff left behind by the hamburger-ised teammate and use invisibility to conceal pocketing of stuff then quickly move away to the ship as unnoticed as possible
((what stuff? my only equipment was either on my arm or inside my skull. both of which were brought with me to the doc's.))
((Maybe he thinks Lyra had a pacemaker or artificial kidney or something he could pawn?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18740 on: September 28, 2013, 11:44:58 am »

((I've no ideas as to what else to do, so))

Be bored, but continue trying to look intimidating insofar as discouraging infighting is concerned. Taze anyone initiating hostilities against a teammate. Try to pay attention to the whole potential incoming hostiles situation as well, and electrocute any actual enemies that may appear with the full power of my electric pew-pew glove.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18741 on: September 28, 2013, 12:58:31 pm »

Continue to prepare to deploy drones, watch for incoming on the cameras, and wait for inevitable disaster from behind.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18742 on: September 28, 2013, 01:30:10 pm »

Michael looks over at what used to be a team mate and at all the stuff that has been left laying there...
"would be a shame to leave that lying there, especially having the ability to pull the perfect heist...."
move toward the stuff left behind by the hamburger-ised teammate and use invisibility to conceal pocketing of stuff then quickly move away to the ship as unnoticed as possible

Notice, if possible.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18743 on: September 28, 2013, 01:46:19 pm »

Wonder if I will need to keep making conscious efforts to maintain control over myself forever.

If such a thing is likely, eat the Lyra-Sand pill.

Also, add metal shavings and a single Gauss round to the pill machine.

(So the line of thought here is "These pills keep inflicting more and more debilitating effects. Clearly the best choice is to keep making and eating more pills!")

[Will:6]
You eat the lyra sand pill. You feel very dizzy and can't feel your extremities. You're having a hard time breathing.

Move to new cover where I can see the entire hallway, while being as much to the back of the defence as possible. Then look out for sods and if seen do the 360° head spin on them.
I don't know if you can see the whole gangway from anywhere on it, thanks to all the forts and walls and such that your teammates have built. I mean...there's a freaking tower made of boxes over there. What the heck.
((Can't he take cover and see the entire gangway from the cradle? High ground and all that?))
True. I figured he wanted to stay on the gangway itself.
(That would be a first)
((Hmm....I wonder if he could turn someone into a bodysnatcher. Like just a head with tentacles for movement and it crawls up your back and attaches to your head and then you are enslaved.
That would be neat.))
((... That IS creative, and I think he could.))

(The only person who would probably want that is Xan, though. Right? Right...? >.>)
((My ultimate goal is far more horrifying.))
((Maybe he wants be a headcat! Just like a headcrab but faster, stealthier ad more adorable :P))

Charles delivers another motivation speech.
He then radios his teammates. "Not much activity out here... How's our wounded ally?"

[speech:6+1+1-1]

"Attention various squadmates. I have forgotten your names. I know you are all extremely bored by our task of protecting the ship from attack. Fear not! I shall rouse your collective bile by repeatedly insulting your whore of a mother/sister/girlfriend/significant other. Then you can concentrate that boiling anger upon they hypothetical enemies and not on me! I'm sure this will all go swimmingly. Ahem.

Your momma so fat that when she eats cocks for money, she really eats cocks for money."

You continue this string of infuriatingly bad insults for a solid ten minutes before someone, you don't see who, cracks you over the head with the butt of their rifle and then drags you into the hanger and locks you in a tool box.
((Wait, didn't he activate his dynamic bonus last turn? And for that matter, how does getting cracked over the head knock out someone in a robotic body, unless this is one of those 'you overshot so hard that you distorted reality' cases.))

It was 6, plus 1 from a natural bonus, plus 1 from the 1/3rd chance, minus 1 from the dynamic bonus trying to get you nearer to 5.

And yeah, reality minorly distorted for comedic sake.

...((A slightly less humongous robot than Lukas, with a melee focus instead of range. Built for speed, strength, and sheer meatcleavery. He lost the duel against Lukas horribly because he forgot to use his Overdrive feature, which was somewhat similar to the character-whose-name-I-forgot's bullet time and Faith's berserk mode simultaneously...

((Wait, I think Renen could have this Overdrive. I don't know a lot about his current form yet.

Renen got Bullet-time thanks to Doc's training and some mods. Renen just asked to train swordfighting, initially... he was reading a book about swordsmanship when asked the AM if anyone could teach him.

He went there and fought Doc and he offered to teach Renen, thanks to one very lucky last roll of die. And the training per se can get Renen killed, just see his first training after bullet time, at the end, right before Ivan got mad.))

Send message and to the team.

Quote from:  To the team
Please, somebody call me when they start attacking, I have to test something.

Look for an empty space for training on the ship. Enter bullet time and try the sword. See if consecutive slashes at the air affect the sword. After it breaks, try swinging the hilt to see if the sword rebuilds itself without the need to put it back on the sheath.

((@PW: I was reading the previous post and I saw something...Do the convicts know anything about the Shadow Walkers like the Arbiters of Peace?))
[will:6-1]
You enter bullet-time. Everything around you is moving at a snails pace, while you're still moving normally. You draw your blade and cut at the air. Cutting the air doesn't seem to effect it much, it seems like it might dull it slightly, but nothing terrible. Cutting something solid would probably dull it more. And no, it seems like it needs to be sheathed to repair itself.

((It's reasonable that they would, at least if they had any knowledge or connection to UWM military actions.))

From here.

Feyri pushed aside the thought of pawning her friend's items. She knew when to make due anyway.

So no. Don't pawn them. Because I made my reply to the Doc regarding the payment-if that was the Doc.

Also that action: where am I now and did I get my boots insulated?

...I guess it won't matter given how rare the updates are.

> Stand guard by the infirmary room and await for any details regarding Lyra. Perhaps speak with the Nurse, and keep patrols around the area to..well, do my duty in defending the ship. Mostly, the infirmary. Mostly, where everything important mattered at the time.

Insulated vs what? Heat? Electricity? Kinetic impact? Radiation?

As per Lyra, the doc is waiting for a payment of 7 tokens to turn her into a cat girl. You're no longer given a guaranteed 5 tokens at the end of the mission, so that won't really work. I was talking about pawning stuff because Lyra said she would sell her sandbag system to pay for this, but she can't exactly walk around as a severed head. The sandbag, we'll assume for gameplay reasons, is still out on the gangway where she dropped it. If you really want to help her, you can go sell that will pay for the KAWIIIfication.

Otherwise Lyra's just getting a robot torso and she can work shit out with the doc on her own later.

Try and find some explosives that will detonate in a fairly large radius, and leave the gangway relatively intact. Some holes are fine, but I don't wanna blow the whole thing to hell. Or fuck, just price out some claymore mines and other such defensive explosives.

((I was planning to put bombs in the beer, not make beer into bombs. We could probably make a distillery for flamethrowers and molotovs though. Also fun fact, because booze is a depressant, it actually helps your aim. Within reason, I mean having five beers is going to make it worse, but one or maybe two gets you drunk enough to retain your fine motor skills, and to relax you enough so that you squeeze the trigger rather than pulling. NOTE: I do not at all advocate drinking and operating firearms.))
Directed explosives like claymores can be pretty cheap. Like two for a token. I assumed you were gonna combine the bombs and booze to make a big old fireball, which was why I was saying that beer doesn't burn.

Be sentry, keep away from Xan specifically

keep an eye out for enemies. Including Xan.
Xan Watch continues.

Go off to inconspicuous place, observe people. Take note of anyone going off alone.
[will:1+1]

You remove your suit and then carefully cut off your own left hand. It falls to the ground with a dull thud. There isn't a drop of blood and not a twinge of pain.

((Hey Piecewise, for future reference, would a wrist-mounted monoatomic shuriken launcher use Unconventional?))
Depends on the method it uses to shoot. If you just point it at someone and then activate it to fire somehow, thats conventional.

((Wouldn't that just be a scaled down version of Bishop's prototype then?))
((Suddenly I am extremely interested in this Bishop persons prototype.))
He made a bolla that had a monoatomic filament between the balls. The balls would connect together and then begin tightening the filament, slicing through whatever they had wrapped around.

Walk until I find Box City, become member of Box City. No enemy will feel it's a good idea to raid a ship when it has such advanced fortifications after all!

You join Anton in his little box fort and peer out of its slit windows with him. You declare yourself Vice Mayor of Box City and begin designing the official crest of box city. You wonder what sort of stationary you should order.

If you had less of a shuriken shape and made a small holder for the monoatomic filament on each vertex of the shuriken shape, you could run a filament along each 8 points, and it would be able to vibrate.
((And queue the debate on ways to properly design this.
I'm sorry Piecewise, I did not mean for this to turn into that personal hell of yours you named Tinker.))
Nah, I don't mind. I know this is going to be boring for you guys, at least for a little while. Keep yourselves entertained for now.

You manage to steal a can of spraypaint and the sandbag system that murdered her in the first place. I hope no one tells feyri about this.

((Let him have his moment ok?))

T. gives a little sigh of regret. Some of those jokes were rather funny.
Unfortunately he was currently doing the universal sign for "Do not move and drop your weapons or I will shoot you", i.e. - pointing a gun at someone.

Continue to have the drop on Xantalos Crazy knife guy. If he tries anything fishy (Hohoho), introduce his chest cavity to the wonders of short-range Gauss.
Afterwards, go open Charles' toolbox.

The guy just cut his own hand off. Does that count as fishy? You're honestly not sure what to make of this.

Quote from: Denzel Gaunt to All
Jim asked me to check out the walls that some sods were running towards, but I don't see anything out of the ordinary yet. I'll let you know if I find anything out-of-place.

Inspect the walls for doors or upper/lower levels.

Nothing. It's just a big window. Like this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Well, if that's under control, I should move out as I wanted..."

Advance to the next choke point.

Be ready to defend the ship. Use the rifle to focus on attackers. Heat a 1-foot sphere in the center of mass of any attackers that come rather than firing the rifle, though.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
You move up to the choke point nearest the door into the concourse.

((I've no ideas as to what else to do, so))

Be bored, but continue trying to look intimidating insofar as discouraging infighting is concerned. Taze anyone initiating hostilities against a teammate. Try to pay attention to the whole potential incoming hostiles situation as well, and electrocute any actual enemies that may appear with the full power of my electric pew-pew glove.
You remain vigilant...Well, sort of. You spend about half your time arguing about what color the stationary for Box City should be. You want Bone, he wants Eggshell.

You consider murdering him with an ax.

Continue to prepare to deploy drones, watch for incoming on the cameras, and wait for inevitable disaster from behind.
Oh good. It looks like Xan's murderous tendencies have turned inward toward self mutilation.

Now it's just a matter of taking bets to see exactly how much of himself he'll manage to cut off before he either dies or can't hold the knife anymore.

Notice, if possible.
[intuition: 6]
[Michael dex:2+1]

There appears to be a big hovering mass of distorted air near Lyra's corpse.

"GHOST!"  You shout, pointing at the distortion, "THE VENGEFUL SPIRIT OF LYRA HAS COME TO SUCK THE MARROW FROM OUR BONES! OR MAYBE IT'S THE PREDATOR! I'M NOT REALLY SURE BUT THAT SHIT AIN'T RIGHT, YO!"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18744 on: September 28, 2013, 01:50:32 pm »

Charles attempts to break out of the locker without using his explosive unit. He also bangs on the side of the locker to create as much noise as possible. He also tries to shake off the strange eldritch laughter he hears and break free of the string of bold text compelling him shake off the laughter.
((Can someone free Charles so he can contribute five tokens to the KAWIIIfication?))
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 01:53:44 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18745 on: September 28, 2013, 01:54:30 pm »

Charles attempts to break out of the locker without using his explosive unit. He also bangs on the side of the locker to create as much noise as possible. He also tries to shake off the strange eldritch laughter he hears and break free of the string of bold text compelling him shake off the laughter.
((Can someone free Charles so he can contribute five tokens to the KAWIIIfication?))

FREE CHARLES 2013.

Contribute additionally to the cause so that Lyra is a kitty.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 12:09:41 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18746 on: September 28, 2013, 02:11:45 pm »

Ask Steve if all this video of the shenanigans would be worth something on the market.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18747 on: September 28, 2013, 02:23:30 pm »

"Hey hey, guys! I'm starting to get the idea that eating pills randomly isn't a good idea!"

Dance over to Grate. Hand him the pill machine.

"Urgh... I think you can have this, Grate! Try not to eat any of the pills yourself, though! At least, not until you know what they do! And don't give the thing to any crazies, yes?"

After this is done, walk over to infirmary and submit for treatment! Hope that these good will rolls I've been getting keep me lucid and in control.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18748 on: September 28, 2013, 04:16:44 pm »

Oh dear. That's cool, but I'd rather do it to other people, sexy knife.

Pick up hand, head over to infirmary and see if I can get it sown back on or something. If sexy knife gives me murderous urges when around the doctor, go murder the walls or something. NOT the doctor.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18749 on: September 28, 2013, 04:27:14 pm »

What???? that man just non-chalantly cut his own hand off, PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS NOT NORMAL
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 1248 1249 [1250] 1251 1252 ... 2101