_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1249 1250 [1251] 1252 1253 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5936613 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: The first death.
« Reply #18750 on: September 28, 2013, 05:22:23 pm »

Continue conversing with AM:
((Dangit, why are voices of reason trying to stop the kid from playing with dangerous space magic?))
"Well, I'm not really good with any weapons...and if I don't have any weapons, it seems like I'm going to be in a lot more danger than an amp or something is gonna put me in. Right?
"Do you have any other suggestions?"

Chat with Sensai.
((So...manipulators are the other main kind of space magic. The big downside I'm seeing is battery life--I'd need to constantly spend tokens to keep magicking. On the other hand, Grate's Intelligence is already pretty good. So: Fellow HMRC members, do you rhink manipulators would be better for Grate than amps?))
"You're not good with any kind of weapon? None of them? What about Auxiliary systems?"
"I'm not terrible with them..."
"...Do you have any suggestions for auxiliary systems I could use?"

Dance over to Grate. Hand him the pill machine.
"Urgh... I think you can have this, Grate! Try not to eat any of the pills yourself, though! At least, not until you know what they do! And don't give the thing to any crazies, yes?"
After this is done, walk over to infirmary...
"Yay! Thanks!"
Accept machine.

What???? that man just non-chalantly cut his own hand off, PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS NOT NORMAL
((It's not normal, it's Xan.))
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 05:24:11 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18751 on: September 28, 2013, 05:24:28 pm »

Xan passes by on his way to the infirmary.
Don't mind me, just getting my hand back on my wrist.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18752 on: September 28, 2013, 06:04:55 pm »

Buy ten claymores and hide them inside beer crates, two at the hole Miyamoto made, pointing inside the building, two at the front of each of the defensive walls, and keep two. Mark all the detonators with the location of the claymores so there is less of a chance of detonating the ones behind our lines. Then enter voidspace and update the markers for the walls. Shout hello into the void.

((I've waved. Time to see if it waves back.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #18753 on: September 28, 2013, 06:48:29 pm »

STEPHEN HAWKING chuckles lightly upon noticing the predicament of Xan.

((How to stop teamkilling? Give someone the Emo Knife.
I just imagine Xan was singing along to Linkin Park while chopping his hand off))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18754 on: September 28, 2013, 07:11:42 pm »

Wait Patiently
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #18755 on: September 28, 2013, 07:23:23 pm »

((Oh Lenglon, wanted to apologize for opposing the catgirl thing. Kinda judged before all the facts were out about it.
Oops :P))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18756 on: September 28, 2013, 07:29:29 pm »

Buy ten claymores and hide them inside beer crates, two at the hole Miyamoto made, pointing inside the building, two at the front of each of the defensive walls, and keep two. Mark all the detonators with the location of the claymores so there is less of a chance of detonating the ones behind our lines.
((Why not use HMRC standard instead of beer? The extra fire could create a fiery barrier and at least blind them if it doesn't burn them. Plus, if you do it just right, you could create a perfect fuel air mixture providing for a secondary explosion.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18757 on: September 28, 2013, 07:31:12 pm »

((Oh Lenglon, wanted to apologize for opposing the catgirl thing. Kinda judged before all the facts were out about it.
Oops :P))
((thank you.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18758 on: September 28, 2013, 07:39:07 pm »

((The beer IS HMRC Standard. Hrmm. Hey Anton! Build a distillery to refine the booze!))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18759 on: September 28, 2013, 08:31:07 pm »

. . .

Insulate against electricity.
Go check on whatever Lyra got back on the gangway..
If its missing, try to track down where it went.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18760 on: September 28, 2013, 08:38:45 pm »

((I am talking about this:
"What idiot brings a knife to a firefight? And for fucks sake, can we not murder each other yet? Goddammit people, save your raging murderboners for the sods! Now, for some surprises. Anyone object to me buying some high explosives?"

Send message to assault team detailing updates to intel(will post in assault thread). Go grab some cases of beer, and set a few near Miyamoto's hole. Contine setting beer cases at strategic locations behind cover. Determine amount of mission budget left. Head back to armory, and ask about types of explosives for traps. Look for types that have a high explosive radius.

((No, I'm not crazy, or trying to get the sods drunk. It would be awesome if they did, but I want to use the beer cases to hide explosives, and condition the sods to avoid them. By exploding the ones they get near. Hopefully, they'll learn that beer=boom, and steer away from cover that contains a beer case. Or they'll charge for the cover, and we can still detonate. Such a pity to waste the booze, but it's for a good cause.))

Well, beer doesn't explode. It's alcohol content isn't high enough. Though HMRC standard would work. As per explosives and budgets, there are 18 tokens left in the budget and you can get relatively good explosives with long range detonators for pretty cheap. I mean, nukes are only a few tokens, standard explosives are gonna be about the same.
Try and find some explosives that will detonate in a fairly large radius, and leave the gangway relatively intact. Some holes are fine, but I don't wanna blow the whole thing to hell. Or fuck, just price out some claymore mines and other such defensive explosives.

((I was planning to put bombs in the beer, not make beer into bombs. We could probably make a distillery for flamethrowers and molotovs though. Also fun fact, because booze is a depressant, it actually helps your aim. Within reason, I mean having five beers is going to make it worse, but one or maybe two gets you drunk enough to retain your fine motor skills, and to relax you enough so that you squeeze the trigger rather than pulling. NOTE: I do not at all advocate drinking and operating firearms.))
Directed explosives like claymores can be pretty cheap. Like two for a token. I assumed you were gonna combine the bombs and booze to make a big old fireball, which was why I was saying that beer doesn't burn.
HMRC standard is almost pure alcohol. Beer is usually something like 5%.

Do we even have beer on board? I think we don't. That would make this argument pointless.))

((EDIT: Yep, here it is:
She gives you a bottle of HMRC standard. "We've only got one normal type of booze around here, and it's 'drink your memories away' strong. Water it down if you want it weaker."
So we don't even HAVE any beer on board.))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18761 on: September 28, 2013, 09:13:07 pm »

((I don't think that you can teach them that beer = bad. That's not how sods work. They're more likely to fulfill a given directive.))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18762 on: September 29, 2013, 01:30:12 am »

"Sounds good, but, is it possible to just... Layer some of the stealth materials onto my armor? Or would I need a new set?"

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #18763 on: September 29, 2013, 07:00:35 am »

"Exotics?! eugh this goes back to the scucidal owner"
return sandbag stuff
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18764 on: September 29, 2013, 09:54:10 am »

((Why I said that the beer was HMRC standard.))
Pages: 1 ... 1249 1250 [1251] 1252 1253 ... 2101