_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1231 1232 [1233] 1234 1235 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938376 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: The first death.
« Reply #18480 on: September 24, 2013, 10:24:08 am »

((Because he would have brought plenty of liquor and tunes?))
((Because he didn't have the particle cannon in his chest. >_>))

((Oh, don't you start on me Mister Mirrsen.  ;) ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18481 on: September 24, 2013, 10:39:39 am »

((i wonder what would happen if i shot Lukas in the chest with Gungnir's laser set to low intensity and overcharged the Tesla saber as he was charging his particle cannon...))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18482 on: September 24, 2013, 10:47:10 am »

((i wonder what would happen if i shot Lukas in the chest with Gungnir's laser set to low intensity and overcharged the Tesla saber as he was charging his particle cannon...))
((You'd either fry his particle cannon, or get a sudden reminder that, in the broadest sense, lightning is also a particle stream. I doubt Lukas' cannon would be deviated by a weak plasma channel, but you never know...))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18483 on: September 24, 2013, 10:55:38 am »

((You'd either fry his particle cannon, or get a sudden reminder that, in the broadest sense, lightning is also a particle stream. I doubt Lukas' cannon would be deviated by a weak plasma channel, but you never know...))
((im kinda hoping it would act similar to what happened in the fight between Thor and Iron man in the avengers... charge him up to 400% capacity or something.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18484 on: September 24, 2013, 11:01:46 am »

((I think that scene spoke more of the Iron Man suit's capacity than the power of a lightning bolt. If an artificial lightning can significantly empower the particle cannon, would it not be better to just shoot the target with the artificial lightning?))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18485 on: September 24, 2013, 11:18:38 am »

((im gonna say no because the particle cannon is more damaging,  the enemy might be electrically shielded and because converting lightning into explodium is just so much cooler.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18486 on: September 24, 2013, 02:34:59 pm »

blink 3x

"Oh boy, an extended dialog with a severed head. Again." He gestures to a nurse. "We need air. Gotta let it talk."

A few minutes and one tube later, you now have a constant stream of air running out through your mouth. Enough to allow you to actually speak.

"Alright, what do you want." The doctor says, leaning on the bed.

"Ooh, baby. I've got a good feeling about this one!"

Scoop some more of Lyra and some more sand and put both into the machine again - this time in the opposite order. Then eat the Sand-Lyra pill I have.
You repeat the same pill making process, but in reverse.

Then you swallow the first pill.

You can't see any any physical changes, but you do notice two things. You can feel your pulse through your entire body, and you feel a little bit sluggish.

Crate-dom looks good.

send the scout-eye through the door.. presuming someone opens it at some point.  Oh, and check and see if any of the crates on the gangway have the -EX markings Steve was talking about.

[aux:6-1]

You send the scout eye through the "door" that Miyamoto made as he stepped into the building. You get a good view of the carnage that unfolds inside.

As per crate with that marking, there are a few, three to be precise. None of them are the "front" facing part of the defensive walls morul built, but they are scattered around on the gangway.

((That was a joke. Piecewise wouldn't do something as simple as playing Asteroids with moons and planets. They would probably be eldritch planets full of altered biomass, mindfuck and civilians to accidentally murder.))
((Brethren Moons from Dead Space 3?))

Not a good idea, I see. Need mobility.

Melt the dome off at the juncture it's connected to my head. Then melt the rest of the metal off my hands.
[exo:4+1]

You somehow manage to melt the metal of your body without killing yourself. Yay!

((Assuming you don't blast it into pieces small enough that they either burn up in the atmosphere or can't do damage individually. A thousand-ton rock dumped into the atmosphere would do a lot more than a thousand tons of cotton.))
((That's actually a misconception. The amount of energy delivered wouldn't be significantly reduced. The damage would be less localized, there will probably be a little less of a crust-shattering crater, but the total energy of the rock would just be dispersed, and would be transferred into the atmosphere. The heat from the small fragments burning up would be not be much less than what you'd have from the single rock, the overpressure shockwave would be worse, if anything, the tectonic effects would be somewhat weaker, but the amount of "ejecta" from the impact would just be replaced by an equivalent amount of asteroid dust.
So no, blasting it into lots of small fragments doesn't reduce the damage by much. The point of blasting the asteroid into small fragments is that the small fragments will deviate from the asteroid's impact trajectory, and will either miss the planet entirely or impact at a sufficiently later date from the others that the planet has time to recover.))
((Wouldn't the shockwave, heat, and stuff be dispersed by the atmosphere so that it damages a much larger area, but affects each area less?))
((Yes, but if the object was large enough it wouldn't matter, the impact would still send up just as much dust into the atmosphere and cause a sun-blocking extinction event. And even if the object WASN'T that horribly huge, its still pretty situational as to whether hitting a larger area softer is better then hitting a single one harder. I.E. it depends upon population centers near impact zones and whatnot. With a single large impact you can at least calculate who you need to evacuate pretty easily.
No matter what, the point is, its hitting with exactly the same force no matter how many pieces its in. So if you were expecting an Earth-Shattering-Kaboom before smashies, you can still expect the same boom. Just in a lot of places at once.))

STEPHEN HAWKING pre-calculates how he would have to amp-punch certain crates to launch them into goons faces. Preferably with pinball-esque rebounds.
Metal, especially metal crates, don't really bounce. Your punches may launch them but they're gonna crumple and deform and dent rather then bouncing around like a solid metal pinball.

"Is that guy planting a bomb? Steve, if the bomb goes up where that guy is setting it, what'll happen to us, the gangway, and the ship?"

Ask Steve. Do not count the bomb-layer as an attacker, regardless of answer.

Be ready to defend the ship. Use the rifle to focus on attackers. Heat a 1-foot sphere in the center of mass of any attackers that come rather than firing the rifle, though.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
>I don't think he quite understands how big a 1/8th kiloton explosion is. (Input .125)

Much better. Now, you be good little drones for Feyri, Orbb and Tiu.

Get into cover behind our first row of arranged crates, wait for the assault team to breach the door.
You duck behind the first row of crates and watch as the assault team assaults some stuff.

Keep looking for sods. If they present themselves, murdermangle with mass amp. If they do not, keep looking some more.
Pancaek completely unnerves the people around him by just staring forward like he's trying to test if he as eye lasers or something.

Charles performs a motivational speech to the rest of his comrades in the defense team via radio, he attempts to boost their morale.
[speech:2+1+1]

Your speech is a little bit hokey and mostly stolen from Paton, but you think it does the job of inspiring your teammates to continue standing around, waiting for something to come and try to kill them.

"I want to know because if the attackers are willing to blow up the ship, why wouldn't they be willing to damage the cradle, and drop the ship? I would like to know where I would need to set some defenses to stop them."

Grab some random items, and drop them at the edges of the walls in voidspace. So walk up to the walls of crates, and enter voidspace, and drop an item. Image a gauss rifle inside voidspace, and try to will it to manifest.

>There's no part thats particularly vulnerable. IF someone was trying to take large sections of it down, they'd attack the main support beams, but those beams are pretty damn beefy, so it would take some work.

You mark out a few places in void space, but cannot use it to will objects into existance.

Theodore saw someone making barricades, that was smart of them.
Move up behind the second choke point, behind cover and away from other people.  Keep an eye out for enemies.

You move quickly up to the second choke point and wait, always at the ready. The older soldiers around you seem much more nonchalant about all this, Thomas in particular seems to barely notice or care that there might be some sort of danger around. He's got a strange air of invincibility around him and you realize for the first time that he doesn't seem to ever have been hurt in any sort of really serious, limb removing way....

((Voidspace is the best, useful AND potentially dangerous to the user, whats not to love))

Yet another facepalm, then keep on sentry duty
Hey look, he managed to free himself! Good for him. And miyamoto just punched his way through a wall and used a claymore to thwack several soldiers across the room before Lukas mulched them with a chain gun. This show is kinda good.

Ask around the infirmary for where is Lyra then approach her.

Just go to Lyra.

"She's in surgery. Just wait a bit" a nurse tells you as you try to blunder into the back of the infirmary.

Check how many tokens we have left. Over 3, go to the armory master, under, go to whichever out of the cradle and the top of boxes has better cover. Most likely the cradle.
You head to the armory master, 6 tokens burning a hole in your pocket.

Look around for a moment at the defense group.
"D-don't we have, like... alarms or something? That would indicate boarders? Or do we just camp out near the entrances to the ship every time we land in semi-hostile or worse territory? There might be a lot to get used to... but... this is a little crazy.

>I'll alert you if I see something coming, but I see no reason why we should lengthen response times by having you all just sitting in the ship with nothing to do.

Blast orchestral metal hip-hop out of my external speakers.

"Gonna' murder these bustas'. Blaow. Blaow. Poosh! Dead."

(LYRICS CENSORED ON ACCOUNT OF WHITE)

((Huzzah! Carefully!))

Seeing that the Sod rifles are all decommisioned, T. gives a "well, take what you can get" shrug.
Gather up a few of the sod's batons and bring them back to the defense crew.
You pick up the bent and pretty much useless pieces of metal and bring them back.

No one is that enthusiastic.

"It seems like they have the situation quite in hand," Jobasio murmured to Whig as he scanned the gangway. He was partially serious- there was a decent smear of blood on the floor already, always the sign of a HMRC op well underway. He didn't see any particular need to join in.
"Perhaps we should make ourselves useful, hmm?"

>Take Whig, head to the Armory and request a cooler, some plastic cups, and a packet of biscuits.
He shrugged at the AM. "Nothing much happening out there just now, you see. I figured I would take advantage of the lull and do something more useful than being blown up by trigger-happy teammates. Oh, and do you have any drinks on offer? Non-alcoholic, that is. Something cool and refreshing. Otherwise I will make a quick stop at the Mess."

>If the AM provides drink for the cooler, take it outside and begin handing out cups of drink and biscuits to the team.

>If she doesn't, stop by the Mess hall and fill it up with one of the drink options.
Taste-test them in a cup first, until I find something nice. Something... cool. Something refreshing.

She gives you some cans of soda for your cooler.

((@PW: Does Renen has the advantages of a full synth-flesh body?))

Keep waiting in my hiding place, away from teammates. If an enemy appears near me, enter BT and slash at their head.
You have advantages, but not the exact ones of the synth-body.

You continue to stand around. Designed for high capacity combat, left to guard a bridge. How mortifying.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18487 on: September 24, 2013, 02:45:44 pm »

Who's skilled? This guy, that's who! I AM THE AMP - actually I'm not going to say that for fear of killing myself next time I use it. ... Wonder what happens if I use this on it?

Wait for metal to solidify, see if I'm capable of cutting it with sexy knife.
Also keep looking around for sods. If I see any, burn their knees until they fall.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 03:38:19 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18488 on: September 24, 2013, 02:47:31 pm »

Go join a teammate at a random choke point.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18489 on: September 24, 2013, 02:49:29 pm »

Wander to some defending point, ideally one no one else is guarding, and sit there.

Wonder if I could get a weapon or a space magic thingy or something, or if the Armory is closed right now.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18490 on: September 24, 2013, 02:57:40 pm »

"Hey, who wants a free pill?"

If anybody volunteers, hand them the Lyra-Sand pill. See if sluggishness seems to be physical or mental in origin. And how significant it might be.

Get back into ship, obtain coffee or Advanced Coffee Substitute, whichever can be found first. Add to pill machine. In addition, add a bit of metal shavings - see if I can get some for free from the AM. Await result.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #18491 on: September 24, 2013, 03:06:15 pm »

"Great. So the bomb goes up, we all die no matter what, I guess. Can you disarm it?"

Ask Steve.

Be ready to defend the ship. Use the rifle to focus on attackers. Heat a 1-foot sphere in the center of mass of any attackers that come rather than firing the rifle, though.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18492 on: September 24, 2013, 03:14:49 pm »

@Astra:"Hey, you with the spy cams. The coast is temporarily clear over here. You can place some of them here if you want." said Flint over the radio to the one who he had heard informin others about the extra camera feeds, indicating the large room at the end of the gangway.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 03:16:26 pm by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18493 on: September 24, 2013, 03:35:23 pm »

Keep checking the possible entry points for sods. Keep being ready to make their heads do rad 360° spins.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18494 on: September 24, 2013, 03:44:08 pm »

"me..."
Speak

((ok, time to speed things up. Lyra wants to be back the same as before. I am aware of the token cost. Lyra is unusually small, and everything but her torso was recovered. as a result the amount of regen needed for that is signifigantly less than it would be otherwise. Lyra has ZERO attachment to the device that killed her the only time she has ever tried to use it, and inside a low-stress environment! (especially since it apparently is controlled like a manipulator, by typeing on a armpad.) would trading the sandbag for a full recovery be acceptable? doing that will leave Lyra with 0 tokens, and her microwave amp - less than people start with, but enough to function, if only just.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 1231 1232 [1233] 1234 1235 ... 2101