_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1145 1146 [1147] 1148 1149 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5928065 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Feyri needs a hug.
« Reply #17190 on: September 09, 2013, 02:01:52 pm »

"You're certainly seem human to me. Even now. In fact, you're more human than some humans I used to know, which is a bit depressing." Bishop replied while giving a little shrug. He glanced at the quiet girl for a moment before nodding in agreement and pushing Lars away without looking at him. "The quiet one here is right though. You're acting dumb, believing you aren't human at the core and thinking you're just a machine instead. She's definitely more perceptive than she seems..."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17191 on: September 09, 2013, 02:03:52 pm »

Lars bowed again.  "General Jim, you were created just for this?  So you are... an angel?"
((Why do I now have the mental image of Archangel Michael as a four-armed, synthflesh figure that fights via incendiary, amp-assisted suplex?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17192 on: September 09, 2013, 02:10:11 pm »

If Grate received the pill, he smiles at Stacy and says, "Thanks, Miss...ter!"

"Oh, you are quite welcome, little guy. Just be careful with it. Crazy things may happen."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17193 on: September 09, 2013, 02:11:42 pm »

If Grate received the pill, he smiles at Stacy and says, "Thanks, Miss...ter!"

"Oh, you are quite welcome, little guy. Just be careful with it. Crazy things may happen."
Could I take you up on your offer of one?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17194 on: September 09, 2013, 02:15:40 pm »

Pancaek starts doing some excercises to get used to his new body. By juggling five spoons.

"Beep Boop, you should damage the synthflesh one. Even upgraded imitation flesh should bow down to the superiority of true robots!"

"Shut it new guy, I'm not fighting Jim because you tell me to." He mumbles

"He's got a point, If you win, you'd gain a lot of respect. I think. He even said he wanted to die."

"How about I try not to die before this war has even started?"

"Beep. That is not acceptable"

"Sounds like someone's just afraid of big hulking synthflesh goliaths. Pussy"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17195 on: September 09, 2013, 02:18:21 pm »

((@Radio Controlled: There are automanipulators that protect against amps and stuff.))

((@Serious Concentrate: So, Jim's a clone made for combat. We'll be fighting mostly against Sods, who are genetically engineered clones. How does Jim feel about this?))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17196 on: September 09, 2013, 02:21:34 pm »

Jim shrugged at Lars. "I'm a collection of genes taken from a suitable candidate - long dead even before I was first made - and carefully manipulated to test this combination of DNA and how well it can use amplifiers in the field. In stasis there are twenty-five people more or less exactly like me save for a few minor differences - a tweak in this gene or that gene, about half with two X chromosomes instead of an X and a Y. I'm only unique compared to them in that I've been awake the entire time all of us from generation three were brought onto the Sword and thus have benefited from experience. Well, that and I'm the only one with a name beginning with 'J' among them."

"You may think I'm being dumb, but I don't think you quite understand my situation. All of you were born naturally, not in a test tube, probably by parents who loved each other. You grew up in normal homes, lived normal lives, and ended up here because you either messed up or were someone's scapegoat. My first memory is being brought out of my vat, groggy and disoriented, and being subdued and shoved into a gasmask to remove any sense of individuality. Psychological conditioning to need the mask, to the point of causing intense emotional distress without it. I still feel that pull."

"Then combat training, both VR - for amps - and live - for conventional weaponry. Drills every day. The one of us with the best K/D ratio was rewarded - further psychological conditioning. Little downtime to relax. Six months of this. My entire life. And then... obsolete. Already outdated technology. And what's the best place for trash? The HMRC of course. And on my first mission, I proved those researchers right. I died very quickly, only managing to get the laser that ripped me in half to also cut a hole in the wall so the team could proceed. A useful death, but a quick one nevertheless. Third mission is one Bishop remembers. My fourth mission ended in failure. My most recent mission, I did something stupid and endangered my team."

"Being dumb kind of comes naturally to me, as you can see."

(@Paris: I think Jim doesn't know about the Sods, but if he did, he would probably point out that using genetically engineered clones for combat is a common practice, and look at how the Sods are treated. :P)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:23:05 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #17197 on: September 09, 2013, 02:28:48 pm »

I agree with the girl, Jim.

Simus says, coming up behind the group, fresh from surgery.

And just because you're a created human, designed for combat, does not mean that you're not human nor that combat is your only use. And I say this as one who, before I was put here, could very well have been picked to participate in a program such as the one that created you, if I allowed myself to be so. And your conditioning is one reason I would not allow myself to go into such a program, even if me and my team were picked.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:32:37 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17198 on: September 09, 2013, 02:28:59 pm »

Jim shrugged at Lars. "I'm a collection of genes taken from a suitable candidate - long dead even before I was first made - and carefully manipulated to test this combination of DNA and how well it can use amplifiers in the field. In stasis there are twenty-five people more or less exactly like me save for a few minor differences - a tweak in this gene or that gene, about half with two X chromosomes instead of an X and a Y. I'm only unique compared to them in that I've been awake the entire time all of us from generation three were brought onto the Sword and thus have benefited from experience. Well, that and I'm the only one with a name beginning with 'J' among them."

"You may think I'm being dumb, but I don't think you quite understand my situation. All of you were born naturally, not in a test tube, probably by parents who loved each other. You grew up in normal homes, lived normal lives, and ended up here because you either messed up or were someone's scapegoat. My first memory is being brought out of my vat, groggy and disoriented, and being subdued and shoved into a gasmask to remove any sense of individuality. Psychological conditioning to need the mask, to the point of causing intense emotional distress without it. I still feel that pull."

"Then combat training, both VR - for amps - and live - for conventional weaponry. Drills every day. The one of us with the best K/D ratio was rewarded - further psychological conditioning. Little downtime to relax. Six months of this. My entire life. And then... obsolete. Already outdated technology. And what's the best place for trash? The HMRC of course. And on my first mission, I proved those researchers right. I died very quickly, only managing to get the laser that ripped me in half to also cut a hole in the wall so the team could proceed. A useful death, but a quick one nevertheless. Third mission is one Bishop remembers. My fourth mission ended in failure. My most recent mission, I did something stupid and endangered my team."

walk around Four-Arms, shivering a little, until i'm standing in front of him, hands still closed into fists in front of me. glance up at his face for an instant before squeezing my eyes tightly shut.
"Dumb!"
eyes still tightly squeezed shut, turn my face away from Four-Arms, down and to my right. and stand in place, trembling.

Brace myself for physical trauma, be ready to make an END roll.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 03:01:15 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17199 on: September 09, 2013, 02:30:48 pm »

"Oh, come on, Jim. You're not supposed to be the pessimistic one, remember? You and Feyri will live through this, get your bodies rebuilt and then live happily ever after with your children." the young man quips through his external voice system. At the very least, getting Jim to understand it isn't the time to be mopey is important. "You should leave the existential doubts for later. You'll have plenty of time to decide what to do after we win."

"If we lose we're all doomed anyway, so don't worry."

Milno watches the little girl calling Jim dumb over and over and smirks before chuckling quietly. "Oh, well."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17200 on: September 09, 2013, 02:33:14 pm »

Could I take you up on your offer of one?

"Certainly, if you actually have some way to eat right now. Like, say, a pie-hole. Or a pork-trap. Or a cheese chute. Or possible alternatives, perhaps ones that require a capsule of some kind. What I'm trying to say here, you kind of need orifices to consume pills, and just from a look at you I'm not entirely convinced you have any."

Jim glanced over his shoulder and shrugged at Lyra. "Maybe. I don't plan on dying until I've outlived my usefulness, anyway." That was his answer to all three of them before turning to Bishop. "I wasn't made to be a human; I just happened to be a human in body. I was made to be a disposable soldier and I've finally found my fight, so to speak."

Stacy can't help but be curious about this guy. He looks kind of familiar for some reason. Wasn't he... yeah! That's right! That guy!

"Wait, you're that guy... what was your name? Jack? Joe? Jethro? Well, not important. Don't you have, like, a girlfriend? Feyri, right? Gotta agree with that weird guy, you're definitely way more human than me. It's not like being disposable and being human are mutually exclusive, you know."

Stacy just keeps on commenting, not particularly interested in whether anybody's listening to him by this point while he spins and talks at the same time.

"So, you've got a girlfriend, relatives and a career as well. Not bad, dude!"

"I was forcibly psychologically (well, chemically, probably) conditioned to have a pathological need to either sing or dance every waking moment for the rest of my days. Even now! And I can't prove I wasn't born in a test tube. I think that sort of thing was fashionable in my day."

"Ooh, on my first mission I let loose this weird sharkmist thingy, then I tried burning it and it vibrated several people half to death. And then there was my second mission, where I kind of obliterated a city with my dear old magic calculator because I inputted the wrong coordinate into it. Didn't die, though, so your mileage may vary on how silly that is. And now I'm giving random magic pills to people who want them to test the things out. And I'm not even sure how I got here - my last decade's nearly a complete blank! I just know that I kinda like magic calculators, despite being really bad with them."

"You know, I think there's a lesson to be learned in there, though I'll be damned if I know what it is!"
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:46:01 pm by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17201 on: September 09, 2013, 02:36:11 pm »

Xan opens his mouth which he totally has.
Mysterious mutating pills now?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17202 on: September 09, 2013, 02:39:51 pm »

Xan opens his mouth which he totally has.
Mysterious mutating pills now?

"Yeah, but does that, like, lead anywhere? I'm curious, you know."

Addendum: examine Xan for pill-able orifices thoroughly before feeding him one of the things (through one of said pill-able orifices if I find any - preferably some kind of chemical port or protein-hole or whatever robots have - and DO NOT feed him a pill if he doesn't qualify in the Buttle Standardized Orifice Test).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:41:24 pm by Harry Baldman »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17203 on: September 09, 2013, 02:43:01 pm »

(( He's not a robot lol. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17204 on: September 09, 2013, 02:44:19 pm »

@Jim:"Just want to tell you man, that unlike those Sods we'll be fighting, you have a choice. And choice is the most important of man's freedoms. Just because you "parents" wanted you to be a soldier doesn't mean you have to be one. My father wanted me to be a law fearing farmer but I became a rebel and an actor. Just want you to know that you have that choice. You have all your life ahead of you. If you want to die that's your choice. Just don't complain that there's no other way. Only cowards say that. Cowards to afraid too live."
Pages: 1 ... 1145 1146 [1147] 1148 1149 ... 2101