_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1144 1145 [1146] 1147 1148 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5927990 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Feyri needs a hug.
« Reply #17175 on: September 09, 2013, 01:30:00 pm »

Flint Westwood walked into the briefing room and inspected at the 20something people gathered there. Here we are. A small alliance of rebels, each with their own flawed personality, in a daring raid to the evil empire's stronghold, fighting for what's right against impossible odds. Would have made a great action movie. He saw two of the three team leaders chatting nearby along with other veterans in this room. But in this movie, I'm not the protagonist. It's the people who are stronger than me. Wiser than me. Better than me. It's the people who had to sacrifice parts of themselves to become better. I'm just a supporting character standing in the sidelines. An old fool joining young men, hoping to feel better for himself. He played with his white mustache a bit as he thought of Miyamoto and his most recent sacrifice. He  thought of the things he had witnessed in the VR machine, the hard choices the teams had to make. He moved away from them. I'm not the protagonist. And hopefully will I never have to become one. Better keep out of their way. He moved on, his metal legs clanking on the ground. Although he still wore pants (for modesty's sake. Good thing that energy beam wasn't aimed higher.) he found no need to wear shoes anymore. One of the advantages of robotic limbs. Not as important as increased endurance, but the feeling was pleasant in its own way. Speaking of keeping out of the way... He saw a young girl sitting in the corner, trying to avoid eye contact. Sad to see a little girl here. First Feyri, now her. Young men and women should enjoy their lives, not fight in wars. He began walking towards her, making his way from across the room. She's obviously afraid of the coming fight. And yet she chose to stay here and risk her life for Steve's revolution. Our revolution. I wonder what her story is. ((Character misinterpretation is always fun!)) Well, the least I can do is try to make her feel more comfortable. But before he could move closer, she moved away, obviously intent on doing something. He wasn't going to stop her. There would be another time. Hopefully. Oh well. There goes that. Now, let's see, who else is around here...

((I was going to try and start a conversation with Lyra, but that's what I get for writing 20 lines of nonsense instead of simply saying "go there, talk to person". People do other things in the meantime. Oh well, let's find someone else to bother...))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17176 on: September 09, 2013, 01:30:21 pm »

((Oh goodness, we have two Jacks, can I change my name to Theodore to cause less confusion?))
Theodore stands at the edge of the group in the briefing room, listening to all the conversations.  "My goodness."  He thought to himself.  "What would a child have to do to get assigned here?  Perhaps this revolution will help with things like this."
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17177 on: September 09, 2013, 01:34:38 pm »

Eat pill if Stacy gives me one.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17178 on: September 09, 2013, 01:40:59 pm »

Jim closed his eyes. "...Yeah. She died. Again. And I don't know." He opened his eyes again and focused them on Milno's. "Real talk? For all my bravado, I don't plan on surviving this revolution. The society we had before didn't have a use for me. And the society that I hope we create with this revolution... I hope it doesn't need me either. This war? This is the only thing I'm good for. The HMRC is really all I've ever known, and I know myself. I know what I was trained to do, created to do."

He looked away. "So... I'm going to lead this charge, so other people don't have to. I'll kill every UWM supporter I can, so other people don't have to. And if it becomes necessary I'll be a martyr for this revolution, so other people don't have to." He smiled bleakly. "I guess I'll either be the greatest hero or the biggest war criminal of this revolution, depending on which way the pendulum swings."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17179 on: September 09, 2013, 01:41:42 pm »

I'll take the post of war criminal, thank you very much.
Sig! Onol

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17180 on: September 09, 2013, 01:48:52 pm »

Jack pats Jim on the shoulder. "Don't fatalistic. That's my job! Seriously though, don't just go out there and get killed. You actually have a reason to....unlike me." Jack sighs. "Everyone I knew have been dead since the 2100's, so the only reason I fight now is so that my home and everyone else's homes are truly free even if I die."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17181 on: September 09, 2013, 01:49:10 pm »

((I was going to try and start a conversation with Lyra, but that's what I get for writing 20 lines of nonsense instead of simply saying "go there, talk to person". People do other things in the meantime. Oh well, let's find someone else to bother...))
((oh feel free to do it anyway :P. and you're closer to correct than you think. Lyra communicated one key detail of her backstory while we were on-mission, although I don't think anyone noticed.))
Jim closed his eyes. "...Yeah. She died. Again. And I don't know." He opened his eyes again and focused them on Milno's. "Real talk? For all my bravado, I don't plan on surviving this revolution. The society we had before didn't have a use for me. And the society that I hope we create with this revolution... I hope it doesn't need me either. This war? This is the only thing I'm good for. The HMRC is really all I've ever known, and I know myself. I know what I was trained to do, created to do."

He looked away. "So... I'm going to lead this charge, so other people don't have to. I'll kill every UWM supporter I can, so other people don't have to. And if it becomes necessary I'll be a martyr for this revolution, so other people don't have to." He smiled bleakly. "I guess I'll either be the greatest hero or the biggest war criminal of this revolution, depending on which way the pendulum swings."
Walk up behind Four-Arms and reach out with my right hand. reach out with the index and middle fingers of my right hand and tap him twice on his back, offset to his right somewhat. back away afterwards to outside his arm's reach, and say:
"Dumb..."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17182 on: September 09, 2013, 01:50:40 pm »

(( I wonder what would happen if you ate more then one of those pills. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17183 on: September 09, 2013, 01:51:07 pm »

(( I wonder what would happen if you ate more then one of those pills. ))
((...I'm available to find out.))
Sig! Onol

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17184 on: September 09, 2013, 01:51:47 pm »

"Well Jim, that's the way it goes sometimes. But you know what they say... History is told by the victor." Bishop replied to Jim as he approached, admiring his new shields.

"And you've got a human brain and mind, so you can learn to do new stuff. So I don't see why you think war is all you're good for, it just doesn't make sense to me if you were made to be human. Also, check it out guys. I'm armoured in physics!" He promptly motions towards his new auto-manipulators with a measure of pride before turning to include Milno as well.

"I was thinking about getting a battlesuit later on, after this mission of course, by cashing in this suit and my other gear. Maybe even covering it with more shields if I can afford it. What do you lot think? Should I go for it, or stay mobile in a suit like this?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17185 on: September 09, 2013, 01:54:47 pm »

Jim glanced over his shoulder and shrugged at Lyra. "Maybe. I don't plan on dying until I've outlived my usefulness, anyway." That was his answer to all three of them before turning to Bishop. "I wasn't made to be a human; I just happened to be a human in body. I was made to be a disposable soldier and I've finally found my fight, so to speak."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17186 on: September 09, 2013, 01:58:17 pm »

(( We should both eat 2 just to see what happens. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17187 on: September 09, 2013, 01:59:03 pm »

"If you need help just scream like a girl okay?" Jack jokes to Jim as he turns around. He then goes to talk to the little boy by crouching to meet eye level.

"Whats your name kiddo?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17188 on: September 09, 2013, 01:59:18 pm »

Jim glanced over his shoulder and shrugged at Lyra. "Maybe. I don't plan on dying until I've outlived my usefulness, anyway." That was his answer to all three of them before turning to Bishop. "I wasn't made to be a human; I just happened to be a human in body. I was made to be a disposable soldier and I've finally found my fight, so to speak."
close my hands into fists held in front of my chest, and look up at Four-Arms-Feyri's-Friend
"Dumb!"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17189 on: September 09, 2013, 02:00:47 pm »

Lars bowed again.  "General Jim, you were created just for this?  So you are... an angel?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 1144 1145 [1146] 1147 1148 ... 2101