_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1147 1148 [1149] 1150 1151 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5927955 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Feyri needs a hug.
« Reply #17220 on: September 09, 2013, 03:34:32 pm »

"I don't know what you mean, then. What's your name, anyway?" Jim asked Lyra.
sit down and curl up, my head resting on my knees, facing downwards. my arms wrapped around my legs.
"source... of... value"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17221 on: September 09, 2013, 03:41:01 pm »

Jim crouched so as not to loom over her, his lower arms helping to support himself while his upper arms rested lightly. "Still don't get it. Anyway, I guess I'll have to keep calling you 'Mouse' until someone who knows tells me your name." He shrugged. "It fits, anyway. Small, quiet... looks like you like to hide. Are you scared of me?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17222 on: September 09, 2013, 03:44:26 pm »

((You know, the capital S in this slipped past me the first time, but this is relevant now: ))

Jiffty Rube: God of repair
The image on the opposing page has been heavily crossed out but appears to be a poorly traced image corporate mascot of some kind; a jumpsuited man with a wrench and a beaming smile. The symbol at the bottom is a wrench, also scribbled on. The explanation page is written in black ink but has a giant “NO FUCK YOU” written across it in red marker. Below that, in red pen is the phrase “Sorry, one of the Sods got hold of the book. Ignore this.”

Jim shrugged at Lars. "I'm a collection of genes taken from a suitable candidate - long dead even before I was first made - and carefully manipulated to test this combination of DNA and how well it can use amplifiers in the field. In stasis there are twenty-five people more or less exactly like me save for a few minor differences - a tweak in this gene or that gene, about half with two X chromosomes instead of an X and a Y. I'm only unique compared to them in that I've been awake the entire time all of us from generation three were brought onto the Sword and thus have benefited from experience. Well, that and I'm the only one with a name beginning with 'J' among them."

Lars's eyes gloss up a bit.  It's obvious a good bit of this is going over his head.

"Well... the gods work in mysterious ways.  You seem to be capable of wielding divine will well enough."

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17223 on: September 09, 2013, 03:51:54 pm »

Jim crouched so as not to loom over her, his lower arms helping to support himself while his upper arms rested lightly. "Still don't get it."
"Life... Value... Source... Normal?"
Anyway, I guess I'll have to keep calling you 'Mouse' until someone who knows tells me your name." He shrugged. "It fits, anyway. Small, quiet... looks like you like to hide. Are you scared of me?"
nod twice
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17224 on: September 09, 2013, 03:55:40 pm »

"I see. Why do I scare you? Because I look like this, because I'm physically stronger than you, because I have these amps in my brain, or because you've stood up to me and don't know how I'm going to react?" While he was asking, he was puzzling out what she had said. He would probably get it if he thought about it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17225 on: September 09, 2013, 04:01:17 pm »

"I see. Why do I scare you? Because I look like this, because I'm physically stronger than you, because I have these amps in my brain, or because you've stood up to me and don't know how I'm going to react?" While he was asking, he was puzzling out what she had said. He would probably get it if he thought about it.
Nod once, slowly, still not looking.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17226 on: September 09, 2013, 04:04:47 pm »

(( Gosh darn it, all that juicy roleplaying going on and Miya's stuck in the weapons testing chamber. Luckily, we have the power of wireless communication!))

"Hey Bishop, what's that about physics defending you? Did you finally work out the equation for 'getting the hell out of dodge'?

Then, in a more serious tone, he asked this to everyone gathered in the briefing room:

"Is there anyone who was considering about getting off at Hephaestus? Because once we finish this mission you'll all be free to go. You'll be free to try your luck and live a safer, more comfortable life with the other civilians.

Or you could stay, be a part of this Revolution and, for better of worse, be a part of the change.

Whatever you decide, you better think it through, cause you might not get another chance like this.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17227 on: September 09, 2013, 04:06:17 pm »

Jim quirked an eyebrow. "Well, I can't do anything about the first three. I need this body, these weapons, if I'm going to do my job. But you don't have to worry about the last. I don't hurt my allies unless they hurt someone else first. To be honest... you're probably safer with me than with anyone else on the ship." He rubbed the back of his neck with his upper left hand. "Well, mostly. It's my fault Simus is the way she is right now. But that was an unfortunate accident..."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #17228 on: September 09, 2013, 04:07:25 pm »

STEPHEN HAWKING does something humorous to balance out all the REEFING BROOM drama.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17229 on: September 09, 2013, 04:09:32 pm »

Jim quirked an eyebrow. "Well, I can't do anything about the first three. I need this body, these weapons, if I'm going to do my job. But you don't have to worry about the last. I don't hurt my allies unless they hurt someone else first. To be honest... you're probably safer with me than with anyone else on the ship." He rubbed the back of his neck with his upper left hand. "Well, mostly. It's my fault Simus is the way she is right now. But that was an unfortunate accident..."
look up at Four-arms.
"Accident?"

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17230 on: September 09, 2013, 04:10:50 pm »

"AHA! Oh man this suit rocks. Now I need some sort of mapping program, so I don't warp into a wall or something. And boss, I ain't leaving. Got nothing to leave to. My home planet may not exist anymore for all I know. Plus I have some UWM ass to kick. Payback will be a bitch."

((MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH. Oh man this suit. Fun will be had.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17231 on: September 09, 2013, 04:14:16 pm »

Jim nodded. "Yeah. One of the crew went mad, killed a guy without provocation using a robot. I tried to destroy the robot before it could do any more harm, but I didn't have a decompensator for my amps at the time and I pushed it too hard. I, uh, I vaporized him and his robot, along with a bit of the rec room... and half of Simus, who was too close to the blast. Guess that's just another sterling example of me being dumb, huh?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17232 on: September 09, 2013, 04:21:27 pm »

Jim nodded. "Yeah. One of the crew went mad, killed a guy without provocation using a robot. I tried to destroy the robot before it could do any more harm, but I didn't have a decompensator for my amps at the time and I pushed it too hard. I, uh, I vaporized him and his robot, along with a bit of the rec room... and half of Simus, who was too close to the blast. Guess that's just another sterling example of me being dumb, huh?"
slowly shake my head horizontally one time.
"Guilt?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17233 on: September 09, 2013, 04:26:41 pm »

Jim looked down for a moment. "...Yeah. But the only thing to do is accept it and move on. There's no use insisting it was an accident - even if it was, that's just whining. Sometimes things happen no matter what your intentions were, and there's nothing that can be done about it except... learn from your mistake and try to do better in the future, do what you can to prevent it from happening again."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #17234 on: September 09, 2013, 04:29:30 pm »

Jim, I was all but a complete robot anyways. And I find it near ironic that how you made me a full one and how I got so close in the first place are quite similar, both were protecting a group, one through elimination of danger, the other by removing the group from the danger - and both involved fire, possibly both manipulator or amp-based. Except the latter was much more painful.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 1147 1148 [1149] 1150 1151 ... 2101