_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 807 808 [809] 810 811 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5928579 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Don't poke the arch-demon.
« Reply #12120 on: February 21, 2013, 08:57:45 pm »

((We're not cleaning up your mess, unless you mean you want last rites from Lars.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #12121 on: February 22, 2013, 01:54:21 am »

((DEATH OR GLORY))
Heat Ivan's central mass as hot as possible without too much collateral
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12122 on: February 22, 2013, 02:28:49 am »

((Finally got around to the ER talk.

Damn you and your cryptic answers. One more thing I'll need to research once I'm no longer a severed head...

Also I can't help but notice PW had difficulty figuring out the proper pronunciation of 'humankind.' That's not suspicious at all...

Anyway, it was nice, and the music bookends gave it a kind of official feel.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12123 on: February 22, 2013, 03:31:40 am »

Piecewise said i have to rob jim so rob jim i shall  ;D
Why do I keep reading "Rob jim" as "Rim Job"? I feel l might be the slightest bit dyslexic tonight.
RIM JOB. RIM JOB NOW!

use handiwork to remove and steal at least 8 locker doors... especially Jim's... but leave all his possessions alone.

Oh and turn around first

then using my infinite powers of zero impulse control use handiwork and any precision tools i can find to make the doors into makeshift armor plating.

You can't use handiwork to remove the doors with what you have on you. If you got a blow torch or something, then you could, but as it is the only thing you have that can get them off is the laser, and thats a con roll.

(( Augh, couldn't post last night, sorry.
@GM Actually, I've been lying prone on the "ground" since the licking attempt (I haven't stood up since then, right?), but let's just say nothing good came out of the second attempt and that's it. ))
Pity.
Seems there is no way out of here but through that door.
As Maurice stood up and looked around, he noticed the newcomer lady standing beside the door with a small flame flickering in her palm.
Curious.
Sorry for that show... Unfortunately, apparently this place doesn't really care for common sense, physics or expectations of those.
A pretty light source you have there, how did you..? Ah well, you don't need to answer if you don't like, of course.

Stand up and come to the girl. If she tries to open the door or somehow indicates of that decision (like looking at the door and then at me), open it/assist and come through it first. Don't go if the other side looks extremely hostile, though (like a magma sea, or Hexbarax battlefield, or something along those lines).
Smile, of course.

(( I'm starting to figure out what sort of training the Armory Master has in her mind for us, and it seems it's going to be tough for Maurice, given his rather rationalistically inclined point of view. Well, at least if he survives it, it is certainly going to change.
Also, it's never been easier to spell 'Hexbarax' since the last ER Talk! Thank you, piecewise! :) ))

Pity.
Seems there is no way out of here but through that door.
As Maurice stood up and looked around, he noticed the newcomer lady standing beside the door with a small flame flickering in her palm.
Curious.
Sorry for that show... Unfortunately, apparently this place doesn't really care for common sense, physics or expectations of those.
A pretty light source you have there, how did you..? Ah well, you don't need to answer if you don't like, of course.

Stand up and come to the girl. If she tries to open the door or somehow indicates of that decision (like looking at the door and then at me), open it/assist and come through it first. Don't go if the other side looks extremely hostile, though (like a magma sea, or Hexbarax battlefield, or something along those lines).
Smile, of course.

upon Maurice getting up and approching, nod at him then turn and place right hand on doorknob.

when he asks about the flame, release the doorknob, tap the top of my right ear twice with the index and middle finger of my right hand, then place hand back on doorknob. wait for him to reach me.

open door and look around.

if not threatened, go through and wander around gathering information about my surroundings.

if Maurice wants to go through first, allow him too.

Maurice and Lyra open the door together. Beyond it is another dark expanse. A path, like a sidewalk, leads off, branching  as it goes and connecting up to 8 doors, 4 on each side.

((Reposting the question here: an anyone tell me what the glow options determine? There's a color (I get that one), comma, a single digit number (?), comma, and a triple digit number (?). I tried to tweak it, but I can't actually see any difference. Or is there a way to artificially create colors? How?))

Make unique scratch marks on the items I receive (in the shape of letters) as I receive them. From now on it should be assumed that I do that every time I receive an object that could be mistaken for something else. Speaking of, I also get a regular knife and a couple rolls of duct tape so I don't have to use my nails every time.

But isn't it possible to make it's requests be voiced? Either by something built in, or by an external system that would recognize the numbers and read them to me? Or does that cost additional tokens?

Either way, that could be null in a moment. Back home, they told him there was no way to fix an internal brain damage. But that was civilian care. Maybe here... That Doctor might be worth checking out. This place might prove to be a blessing after all.

Head to the infirmary and inquire normal people who are not The Doctor about regrowing lips, nose, and ears. (In my background, they were cut off the same time I was blinded.) If that is free and relatively simple, go through the procedure. First things first. Then search for The Doctor.

Edit: Added more specific descriptions. Fine if it isn't reflected in my action.

You use your new knife to scratch a mark into all your possessions; except your knife, for obvious reasons. You're very careful not to lop off a finger while doing this; the one thing you have more then enough off is scars. That done, you head to the infirmary and ask the first person you stumble across about fixing the train wreck you call a face.

"Yeah, you could use a bit of a make over. We can give you transplants or regrow them. Or just go synthetic. Your choice."

As per the doctor, you're pretty sure that guy over there is him, or at least you think he's a guy...human echolocation is kinda crappy. You've only got a vague idea of where everything and everyone is, let alone what they are.

"Guys? Headshots won't work. Looks like he has backup brains. Might not be enough to be sentient, but enough to disembowl you."

Crank up the intensity and diffusion to max. Shove the barrel into one of Ivan's orifaces, and pull the trigger. Do not stop pulling trigger until either Ivan is dead, or I am.

((Bypassing armor like a baws. Would you allow that, Piecewise? I know Morul hasn't fiddled with the knobs, but his background could explain the knowledge. If not I'll just skip the cranking up bit, and go straight to lazoring.))

You crank both dials on your Rifle to full and jam the barrel into Ivan's mouth. For an instant he stares at you with mindless, uncomprehending eyes. But then something flickers in them; an instant of recollection, of terrible understanding.
[dex:4]
[Ivan dex:1+3]
You pull the trigger as Ivan moves. Hemolymph bursts out in brilliant blue-green spray as Ivan becomes a blur of carapace and a roar of buzzing.
[ivan str:5+2]
[end:3]

Something hits you and you're flying back, spinning end over end, lost in blood and hazy, twirling shapes until you smash into a VR machine. You clip off the top, scrape along the ceiling and sail in a lazy arc into the sparring ring. You land, half tangled in the ropes, missing both limbs on the right side and sporting an easy dozen broken bones, including most of your ribs.

"Thanks, I'll try that then."
Get the Crystal Projector, head back to Rec room. Aim at Ivan, only shoot if any hostility started already and no one's close to him

(We're basically in "fight time" now so things are gonna be playing out more slowly.)

You buy your chosen weapon just as the screaming and gun fire starts down the hall.

"Looks like the party as started." The armory master says, resting her feet on the counter, "Good luck."

Anton frowns, both at the report of the seemingly suicidal man in front of the mutant, and his actions. "Tch. More than one brain? Ah, screw it. Too late to back up now. Steve? If I die, all my projects are to be opened for public access. Shock Ivan as soon as I shoot."

Safety off, generator to maximum power (if it isn't), shoot lightning at Ivan's neck. Don't hold the beam more than a few seconds unless Ivan doesn't dodge, keep firing short pulses at him if he does.
The fighting starts an instant before you can fire. There is a spray of clearly inhuman blood, and then one of the men around Ivan is flying back, missing several limbs. Ivan has spun low, becoming nothing but an uncertain haze of movement and half glimpsed carapace blades.
[con:1+1]
You fire in a panic, bolts of electrical discharge zipping down laser channels and right over Ivan's head as he reeks bloody vengeance.

Oh crap oh crap oh crap

If Sean's character is shooting, heat Ivan's center of mass as much as possible. Continue until Ivan is dead (haw haw) or I pass out or die.

Edited for Grunhill's possible benefit...
[exo:2+1]
[dex:4]
[Ivan dex:5+3]
[Ivan str:1+2]
[end:3]

It becomes immediately clear to you, as the pirate guy pirouettes through the air as a mist of blood and severed limbs, that your attempts to microwave  Ivan have resulted in minor heartburn at best. As such, you spin on your heel and attempt to run for your life. Instead you catch a blow from god knows what kind of alien limb straight between the shoulder blades and go flying face first into the couch. You roll over the back of it, bounce of the cushions and land on the floor, mostly unhurt but very confused about exactly how you got here.

So, you are Ivan. One of the Bastards, it seems. Well, I'm sure Doc must have a good reason to make you a test for me. Hey people, don't attack him yet, let me try something first.

Try to figure out where are Ivan's weak points and get prepared to enter bullet time at the slightest sign of hostile movement.
[will:4+1]
The world slows to a crawl as you concentrate on Ivan. He's moving fast. Really fast. Everyone else is standing still, but he's spinning low, blades emerging from his arms, leaving a trail of blood in mid air as he shreds everyone around him to pieces. You shove yourself back, watching in agonizing slow motion to see if you avoid him.
[dex:4+1]
[ivan dex:4+3]

He slashes at your throat, but you duck the blow and get a few feet back, out of range for the moment.

((I'm going to try and make...something while you all die. Then I'll take anything useful and tokens from the dead. And good thing it's only a -1.))

Go back to the AM and ask what their is available to use to construct something.
You book it out of the Rec room as all hell breaks loose and make it to the Armory, but with no time to speak.

Cut Ivan in two with my monoatomic sword.
[Ivan dex:5+3]
[dex:3+1]
[Ivan str:4+2]
[end:6]
You raise your blade and try to bring it down on Ivan's head, but he's faster. He lashes out in mid spin, putting his foot straight through your stomach. You don't flinch. You don't scream. You just wrap your hand around his thigh and try to hold him, to slow him down.

((DEATH OR GLORY))
Heat Ivan's central mass as hot as possible without too much collateral

Ivan stumbles, more off balance then actually restrained, but you see your chance none the less.
[uncon:2+1]
Unfortunately your chance is ruined as your best attempts to burn him alive result in you slightly warming him.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: I told you.
« Reply #12124 on: February 22, 2013, 03:52:24 am »

((Dammned useless calculator!))
Heat Ivan to 1 terakelvin as soon as there is an immediate opening,  If he approaches or it appears like he will win heat the atoms around and including him to 141 x 10^32 kelvin.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 05:02:38 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12125 on: February 22, 2013, 03:52:44 am »

((Good luck everyone.))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12126 on: February 22, 2013, 03:54:27 am »

*sigh* "This is not going to end well."
Victor will now open fire on Ivan when all teammates are out of the collateral damage area AND Ivan is doing something that makes it difficult for him to dodge.
    The shots will be aimed at Ivan's legs and quickly sweep upwards so that they may catch Ivan in splash damage and/or deny an area if they are dodged.
If Ivan attacks the turret, detonate the magazine at the last minute.
Victor also calls every HMRC inmate on the ship other than Ivan via radio:

"Attention all HMRC units, please leave the recreation room unless you are willing to risk your life. Also, I will commence area denial munitions support the moment you are all out of the killzone. When my turret starts firing, use it as a chance to retreat or attack, I honestly doubt my weapon can kill that monstrosity. Also, please stay away from my turret as I have rigged it to detonate as a fail-deadly."
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 08:39:11 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12127 on: February 22, 2013, 03:58:39 am »

Well theres no chance in hell that im going anywhere near ivan so yeah... remove as many locker doors as possible, stop firing upon rolling a 1 or 2 unless no doors have been removed yet.

Use handywork to turn the first locker door into armor plating for my helmet and a removeable face plate.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12128 on: February 22, 2013, 04:03:18 am »

((Whelp, rec room's a bloodbath. looks like the score currently is:
Ivan: 3
HMRC: 1
... I am so glad I'm not in there))

stand unmoving for a second and a half, simply looking and listening. (if Maurice wants to use this time to go through first, let him.)
then glance at Maurice, shrug, and cautiously step through the door and onto the path.
check if the door still exists behind me.
check if anything happens if i step off the path (unless intuition tells me this is a bad idea)
check if the eight doors are one-sided, same as the door we came through.
do not go out of arm's reach of Maurice for these tests

stop on the far side of the first door on the left, facing the door. place right hand on doorknob and wait for maurice. Assuming he comes to the same door, open it and look at what's inside. do not go through, do not frame myself in the doorway.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12129 on: February 22, 2013, 04:14:26 am »

((Well, crap. First strike missed.))

Anton's thoughts race through his head at breakneck speed. Solution, solution, every problem has a solution. First things first, get out of dodge, he gets up close you're toast. Following the sound advice of his brain, Anton leaves the vicinity of the VR machines, retreating back to the entrance of the Rec Room, taking cover behind the wall. From there, he continues to think. "Okay, the situation is bad. It's hard to hit him with a precision weapon, and he may be resistant to it regardless. Only choice is area attacks, concentrateable to high intensity. Lightning can do that, but it'll arc indiscriminately unless directed. Well, it's possible to conduct through the metal floor, like an area-attack, but he's resistant. I don't have enough power to so much as tickle him. Unless..."

Retreat to corridor. Intelligence/Intuition: Look around the corridor and into the Rec Room. Are there any primary power lines running anywhere around here? Any wire that can be loosed and used to create a makeshift spark gap of much greater power than what Anton has in his generator.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12130 on: February 22, 2013, 04:30:44 am »

((um, the first strike hit unless i'm reading it wrong. that's the 1 next to HMRC in my scoreboard, just none of the other attacks hit.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12131 on: February 22, 2013, 04:47:02 am »

((I meant mine. :P I really only had a chance of hitting what I was aiming for while he was distracted, as a first strike, but I took a while setting up the lightning gauntlet, and by then others decided to try and shoot him first.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12132 on: February 22, 2013, 05:45:58 am »

"Oh crap."
"She doesn't look too concerned..like not at all..", Zephyris thought as she ran back to the rec room.

Head back to the rec room. Shoot Ivan if no one's close to him.

In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12133 on: February 22, 2013, 07:35:48 am »

Kill Ivan now.

((Since I have a robot body, about where's my brain?))
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 04:58:37 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12134 on: February 22, 2013, 07:41:51 am »

Heat Ivan to 1 terakelvin as soon as there is an immediate opening,  If he approaches or it appears like he will win heat the atoms around and including him to 141 x 10^32 kelvin.
((I may be wrong about this one case, but the larger the area you are trying to target and how hot you are trying to make it influence the difficulty of using a manipulator or amp. Meaning this may just be a bit too hot and too large an area (Ivan's whole body) to attempt to heat with safety.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 807 808 [809] 810 811 ... 2101