_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5925985 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Crushing dreams and skulls.
« Reply #11670 on: January 31, 2013, 10:37:56 am »

((I think one is out through "friendly fire" (more like unfriendly blade though) and a few posters aren't actually around.))

Search for the TV remote.

"Maybe a different channel has more information on that thing."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11671 on: January 31, 2013, 02:15:10 pm »

((What, two months in and still 20 people? Even with all the veterans in there, one would expect at least half to be "out" by now. :P))

((Well, we do have some people who are infected with some strange disease, so if that's lethal, that probably means about 4 deaths (perma or otherwise).))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #11672 on: January 31, 2013, 02:19:37 pm »

((What, two months in and still 20 people? Even with all the veterans in there, one would expect at least half to be "out" by now. :P))

((Well, we do have some people who are infected with some strange disease, so if that's lethal, that probably means about 4 deaths (perma or otherwise).))

((By the way i died like a month and a half back so can someone fill me in with what's happened since Milno got Ill?))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11673 on: January 31, 2013, 03:26:34 pm »

((By the way i died like a month and a half back so can someone fill me in with what's happened since Milno got Ill?))
((Do you want a recap from the time Milno got injured and thus infected or from the time he first began exhibiting symptoms?))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #11674 on: January 31, 2013, 04:13:56 pm »

((Showing symptoms, he got infected when he crashed through a building at high speeds.))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11675 on: January 31, 2013, 04:44:54 pm »

((Looking over the game roster, I realized there's another trope for the game's TVTropes page, if anyone still maintains it.

One Steve Limit - Mostly upheld, with the exception of a pair of Masons. On the other hand, there is indeed only one Steve. And one is quite enough.

:P ))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11676 on: January 31, 2013, 05:34:06 pm »

"I do?" Said Chaz, who lo & behold, did. Funny, he never noticed!
Looking at the list of items for sale, Chaz chose carefully for what he wanted.
"Okay... Well, a Microwave Psycho Amp sounds cool. And a Mono Razor looks nice, but... Ill go with the Micro-Amp & Hand Laser, with one extra battery."
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11677 on: January 31, 2013, 06:40:24 pm »

((Sean, I think Steve is more Deadpan Snarker (He doesn't even have a face, the perfect deadpan) than MCIOIM. He's not actually working for our detriment, he's just very snarky about our work.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11678 on: January 31, 2013, 07:21:23 pm »

((Nik and Nek might have been close enough to count as a duplicate also. I could have sworn there was another example, but I can't think of it.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11679 on: January 31, 2013, 10:01:49 pm »

((Nik and Nek might have been close enough to count as a duplicate also. I could have sworn there was another example, but I can't think of it.))

((Not if you use the full versions. The One Steve Limit applies only to names, not character traits.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11680 on: January 31, 2013, 10:09:29 pm »

((Sean, I think Steve is more Deadpan Snarker (He doesn't even have a face, the perfect deadpan) than MCIOIM. He's not actually working for our detriment, he's just very snarky about our work.))
((I would argue that he doesn't care about your well-being. Just the mission, and/or the UWM. Firing nuclear Gauss cannons at the research station in response to a progress report in mission... er, four? - is a prime example of that. So I think he still qualifies. :P ))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11681 on: January 31, 2013, 10:47:08 pm »

((I would argue that he doesn't care about your well-being. Just the mission, and/or the UWM. Firing nuclear Gauss cannons at the research station in response to a progress report in mission... er, four? - is a prime example of that. So I think he still qualifies. :P ))

((I would argue that MCIOIM is about Mission Control (Steve, in this case) actually attempting to get you killed/demoralize you. Steve just doesn't care, he's not actively against you.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11682 on: February 01, 2013, 01:58:21 am »

"Thank you ma'am."

Chug a beer, then head to the Wrec room. Layer check anyone I see for weapons, augments or anything unusual.
Regular booze or Xeno spit booze?

Hmmm... i thought installing that speaker would have used the handiwork skill... oh well.

futz with it to try and fix it while i still have my tinker bonus.

Oh wait, it should have been. Whats wrong with my brain? In that case it just works, because I fucked up.

((I think I'm going to make use of metaknowledge to speed this up a bit))
Anton was.. surprised. "Okay... This.. actually explains some things." He looks up, trying to locate a distinct element, like a camera, to talk to. "Hello, Steve. You know, I've had plenty of experience talking to superiors that act like they're not there and you're talking to empty space. Heh. I guess this makes the first time where I'll have to do just that and someone will actually listen." Anton turns to the Armory Master again. "Thank you, ma'am. I'll have the standard MkI then, and.. let's see what else there is to buy..."

Purchase a pair of hand lasers, make sure they're fitting different hands. Examine the accessible areas, using Steve as a guide. Stop in the Rec room, examine and make use of VR machines. Inquire on descriptions of available modes. Select Tinker.
Yeah, I don't care about meta'ing your way around the ship. Saves us all time, really.

So you buys yourself some hand lasers -you remember what happened to the last guy who had a hand laser fetish?-and head over to the Rec room and hop into a VR machine.

And you can just assume that you wandered around looking at rooms, asking questions which steve belittled you for having. And now you know all the rooms around here. Yay.

((The point was for a sniper weapon that could go through armour at extreme range with little to no shooter waver due to the tripod
the tripod would also allow someone with below the required strength to use it without swinging the scope all-over the place also  reducing diffraction would result in a more focused shot not laser-shotgun although if anti-grav platforms are availalble cheaply they could make the whole moving armound bit with the weapon useful. Also the heat sinks would help drain excess heat during continued firing that could ruin small components & allow for single ultra-normal fire to take down heavily armoured targets.))
Hmm. Well you might be able to prototype a kit to modify a cutting laser like that, but that would just be the kit, not the laser itself.

Now that's wonderful. Thank you for the reassurance, it really bothered me. Not all of us convicts are casual about homicide, after all. Maurice gave the nurse a wink and smiled.

By the way - would you mind if I asked a few question about the staff organisation here? It might be a sensitive subject, given the Doctor's personality. Though I would perfectly understand if you don't want to talk about that.
Talk.
"What about it?"

Test how well I can remotely control the weapon in turret mode.
As well as you could if you were holding by hand.

((Something just occured to me as I was reading. The mission thread is on its 8th. The game's been running for just under a year. Meaning that missions run for about five weeks on average. ಠ_ಠ

Also, I'm on page 314, and start of mission 7. The thread's up to 473, and the 8th is still in progress. ಠ_ಠ))
This mission has been a long one. And I've been slow on updating because of the holidays and now because of the work I'm doing to finish Perplexicon's new maps and stuff. But I'll tell you that, barring some long term fuck abouts, it should be ending soon. Because I'm gonna start pushing people to go faster eventually.

Wait for it....

((I think one is out through "friendly fire" (more like unfriendly blade though) and a few posters aren't actually around.))

Search for the TV remote.

"Maybe a different channel has more information on that thing."
You find the remote in between the couch cushions.

"I do?" Said Chaz, who lo & behold, did. Funny, he never noticed!
Looking at the list of items for sale, Chaz chose carefully for what he wanted.
"Okay... Well, a Microwave Psycho Amp sounds cool. And a Mono Razor looks nice, but... Ill go with the Micro-Amp & Hand Laser, with one extra battery."
"Yeah, sure. Here, go." she says, handing it to you.

We had a few Jacks I think?

((I would argue that MCIOIM is about Mission Control (Steve, in this case) actually attempting to get you killed/demoralize you. Steve just doesn't care, he's not actively against you.))

Hey, steve isn't evil. He's sarcastic, thats for sure, but he's got his reasons for that. You should ask him about it some time.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11683 on: February 01, 2013, 02:08:50 am »

((Heh heh. Well, Anton doesn't have a hand laser fetish, he's just practical. And I just want to misuse some game mechanics to get double attack power for one attack roll - I mean, you can put two hands together and point both fingers at one spot, right? ;) Plus, cheap cutting tools slash weapons. Not a cutting torch by far, but should work for small cutting jobs.

...I'm going to end up as a tech equivalent of the Kickboxing Doctor, aren't I?

Also one other thing I want to try in Tinker, which you'll see. The next action post is gonna be a long one. Be prepared for lots of tinker craziness. :P Got no time to type it up at the moment...

And yeah, just setting it up so Anton knows most of the ship and service crew in-character, so then I can use metaknowledge freely. :) ))
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 04:01:22 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11684 on: February 01, 2013, 03:08:32 am »

boot up tinker, Bring 2 lists of materials i can use to fuel my retro flamer with canister costs of 1-3 tokens
List 1 should be all the different hypergolic fluids and their reaction temperature
List 2 should be combustible gasses or liquids and their ignition and burn tempetares
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 ... 2101