_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 776 777 [778] 779 780 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5926290 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Crushing dreams and skulls.
« Reply #11655 on: January 30, 2013, 12:47:34 pm »

((Hrmm. Would getting drunk off my ass give me a bonus to will?))

((Probably not. While you might get drunk enough to just black out or be just plain unable to process information, this carries the side effect of being too drunk to stay conscious or process information. If you get any less drunk, you'd probably be even more susceptible to suggestion, temptation, mind control and general mindfuckery))
((Shhh. A man can dream right?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11656 on: January 30, 2013, 12:49:58 pm »

((Shhh. A man can dream right?))

((Although... drinking Xeno Spit regularly might be one way to train your willpower if you try to interact with the hallucinations as much as possible.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11657 on: January 30, 2013, 01:11:32 pm »

((I suppose. If you went through a mission drunk on Xenos spit, the freaky mindfucking could be attributed to the spit, and not the mission.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11658 on: January 30, 2013, 01:29:54 pm »

((I suppose. If you went through a mission drunk on Xenos spit, the freaky mindfucking could be attributed to the spit, and not the mission.))

((I strongly doubt you could go through a mission drunk on Xeno Spit, considering that it seems to make you pass out immediately and have lots of sweet dreams of star-devouring monstrosities. That are entirely possibly actually there.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11659 on: January 30, 2013, 03:34:50 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11660 on: January 30, 2013, 10:12:22 pm »

install speaker for reals, if i fail go back to tinker and learn some more then try again.
[aux:3+1]
You get the speaker in and it seems to work well enough, although it seems to have some sort of occasional feedback.

(( Eh, I meant my own equipment, not theirs. Well, whatever. ))
Smile in return.
Sure. So, just to confirm - I am not expected to start having times of no control over my body as there should be no residual mental corruption that just happened to have occured, without any particular cause or trigger?

"Nope."

Test the weapon only in anomalies that HMRC units may be sent into and can survive in.

Thats still pretty wide. Every possible anomaly you could be sent into is like asking to simulate every planetary surface in the galaxy. I can tell you that unless you go into one where the laws of thermodynamics don't function normally (which would cause a whole hell of a lot of other problems) or it's so cold that the propellant can't work (more likely but it would have to be very cold.) then it should work.

((I can't help but think I'm going to be awful on missions. Not for IC reasons, but the fact that I seem to only be able to get one post a day out. PW's posting time is my sleeping time. Darn timezones. -_- ))

Anton pauses, hesitating. He wasn't ever good with social interaction - though given the circumstances, it was probably closer to business interaction. By how the woman looked, there was little doubt that she would be a superior to him. Anton sighed, partly in relief, partly in exasperation. Business interactions with superiors were an unavoidable part of his past life. "Well, nothing to it. Let's go."

Anton straightened himself up and walked to the woman. He'd read of standards of interaction in military organizations, and attempted to make a good impression. "Excuse me, ma'am. Anton Chernozorov, reporting for service in the Hazardous Materials Retrieval Corps. I am having difficulties locating an overseer or commanding officer, and was provided no directions for interaction with such. Can you help me?" Anton's posture slacks again as his focus drifts around the interior of the Armory. "Also, since this is the Armory... I would like to ask if there is any standard gear to be issued to new arrivals, and receive it, if possible."

Interact with the AM, as per above. Get briefed, receive any gear given.
(if Steve chimes in, inquire on any standard procedures for new arrivals, and what HMRC "recruits" do between missions. Get as many directions as possible.)

"Our Glorious leader is steve."

>Hiya.

"He's a robot."

>Beep Boop.

"So you can report to the P.A. System if you want."

>Salute my Speakers.

"And yeah, you get a MK I suit. Thats it. Anything else you gotta buy. You probably have 5 tokens though, unless you lost one or something."

((Thanks for the info))

-What is the price of an anomaly suit?
-Save Mk 3 for later

-New project
-Open cutting laser and lower diffraction of the beam
-Add heat sink infused casing of heat resistant plastics with reinforcing strips
-Add a correctly mounted video scope allowing for remote views of the battlefeild once drained of energy
-Have video scope able to zoom from 1x - 10x view along with thermal and motion sensing
-Add a tripod allowing for mounting to provide stable firing platform and prevent issues due to low strength.
-Add a cheap generator along with capacitor bank in case of requirement of extreme long range shot or high power (or both)

-How much will it cost?
-Can it be prototyped?

-If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

-Saved

-Hmm, for this I'm actually not sure what you're trying to do here. I get cranking up the diffusion on the thing, that makes a nice sort of "Uber laser shotgun" effect, but I'm not sure what the heat sink does. Tripod and scope I get, though that tripod is only gonna work if you have time to set it up.

-It's gonna cost about as much as a cutting laser, plus maybe a handful of tokens for video scope and everything else.

-So far, for prototyping, unless that heat sink stuff does something I'm not seeing, I don't think so. Because cutting lasers can adjust their diffusion naturally, so you're basically just putting scopes and tripods on it.

"Something isn't right about this."

continue watching.
The man-dog show apparently entails Men and women parading around different breeds of Man-dog. It's all rather odd.

"What do we buy our items with?"

As this is said, pay attention to what AM's response to Anton is.

"Tokens. You have 5 of them there in your hand."

"On second thought, maybe not. I need to get drunk first."

Head to the Armory, and grab a few cases of beer, and a bottle of Xenos spit. If I see someone, do a quick layer check with my goggles, searching for hidden weapons, augments, or anything unusual. DO NOT CHECK THE ARMORY MASTER.

((Hrmm. Would getting drunk off my ass give me a bonus to will?))

As you walk into the armory your goggles get yanked up and onto your forehead by some unseen force. You start to protest, notice the armory master raising an eyebrow at you , and decide to be quiet.

You sheepishly slide up to the window and ask for your booze without making eyecontact. She grants you the power of Alcohol.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11661 on: January 30, 2013, 10:37:43 pm »

"Thank you ma'am."

Chug a beer, then head to the Wrec room. Layer check anyone I see for weapons, augments or anything unusual.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11662 on: January 31, 2013, 12:37:50 am »

Hmmm... i thought installing that speaker would have used the handiwork skill... oh well.

futz with it to try and fix it while i still have my tinker bonus.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11663 on: January 31, 2013, 12:40:47 am »

((I think I'm going to make use of metaknowledge to speed this up a bit))
Anton was.. surprised. "Okay... This.. actually explains some things." He looks up, trying to locate a distinct element, like a camera, to talk to. "Hello, Steve. You know, I've had plenty of experience talking to superiors that act like they're not there and you're talking to empty space. Heh. I guess this makes the first time where I'll have to do just that and someone will actually listen." Anton turns to the Armory Master again. "Thank you, ma'am. I'll have the standard MkI then, and.. let's see what else there is to buy..."

Purchase a pair of hand lasers, make sure they're fitting different hands. Examine the accessible areas, using Steve as a guide. Stop in the Rec room, examine and make use of VR machines. Inquire on descriptions of available modes. Select Tinker.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11664 on: January 31, 2013, 01:46:31 am »

((The point was for a sniper weapon that could go through armour at extreme range with little to no shooter waver due to the tripod
the tripod would also allow someone with below the required strength to use it without swinging the scope all-over the place also  reducing diffraction would result in a more focused shot not laser-shotgun although if anti-grav platforms are availalble cheaply they could make the whole moving armound bit with the weapon useful. Also the heat sinks would help drain excess heat during continued firing that could ruin small components & allow for single ultra-normal fire to take down heavily armoured targets.))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11665 on: January 31, 2013, 02:17:28 am »

Now that's wonderful. Thank you for the reassurance, it really bothered me. Not all of us convicts are casual about homicide, after all. Maurice gave the nurse a wink and smiled.

By the way - would you mind if I asked a few question about the staff organisation here? It might be a sensitive subject, given the Doctor's personality. Though I would perfectly understand if you don't want to talk about that.
Talk.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 02:45:19 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11666 on: January 31, 2013, 03:37:33 am »

Test how well I can remotely control the weapon in turret mode.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11667 on: January 31, 2013, 08:23:58 am »

((Something just occured to me as I was reading. The mission thread is on its 8th. The game's been running for just under a year. Meaning that missions run for about five weeks on average. ಠ_ಠ

Also, I'm on page 314, and start of mission 7. The thread's up to 473, and the 8th is still in progress. ಠ_ಠ))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11668 on: January 31, 2013, 10:03:06 am »

((Something just occured to me as I was reading. The mission thread is on its 8th. The game's been running for just under a year. Meaning that missions run for about five weeks on average. ಠ_ಠ
((Don't forget the China-9 mission. That ended very quickly...))
Also, I'm on page 314, and start of mission 7. The thread's up to 473, and the 8th is still in progress. ಠ_ಠ))
((This mission lasted very long (if a bit more than two months really counts as "very long") because piecewise is updating once a day because of all the people in the mission. And the large post amount is also due to 20 people doing actions, talking with each other and arguing with each other. Anyway, we seem to be nearing the end of it so you'll get a chance to go on a mission soon, within a month I predict. That's my estimate at least. Unless something unexpected happens.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11669 on: January 31, 2013, 10:27:07 am »

((What, two months in and still 20 people? Even with all the veterans in there, one would expect at least half to be "out" by now. :P))

Pages: 1 ... 776 777 [778] 779 780 ... 2101