_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934731 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11130 on: December 22, 2012, 07:56:35 am »

Now try speech again then fire .50 cal at altered.

"Soldiers of the UWM! We must hold firm against the Altered horde! Today we turn the tide! We will show them the power of the UWM! We are no strangers to war! At first we fought for freedom. We fought for resources. That all changed when the Altered happend. Now we will hold the line! With oue lives if need be! Soldiers, pilots of the human race! Stand firm! Stand strong! And bring back the hope of Humanity!"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11131 on: December 22, 2012, 08:01:09 am »

((Clearly it's some kind of eldrich-shape shifting game. It is imbued with the power of an alien artifact and has the ability to change into whatever the user wants it to be while slowly stealing his soul. It would sell like crazy if it didn't have the soul stealing part.))

((EDIT: I just realised, this is a portable VR machine. Congratulations, all the tinkerers and the rest of the VR addicts  are going to love you.))
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 12:50:33 pm by Parisbre56 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11132 on: December 22, 2012, 12:32:19 pm »

((If Simus gets her hands on it, it will be a sci-fi TBS with a high degree of customization in everything, from planets (when you can terraform) to complexes to ships.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11133 on: December 22, 2012, 03:12:06 pm »

(( In Maurice's hands that game would turn into either Assassin's Creed D, Altered Wars Medic, or a newtonian-physics flight simulator. Or all three mashed into one game. ;)

@Piecewise I understand that, and I'm actually looking for those "extremely long-range kinetic bombardments and lasers" use examples.
List of definitions (based on the original defintions by IronyOwl):
Space battles: battles at least partially happening in space. (So that a bombardment of an UWM planet by Altered coated meteors-plague rains counts, while an underwater battle, even fought by spacecrafts (for whatever reason that might have happened), does not count, unless they at some point during that battle were in space (say, the battle was originally intended to be fought in space and continued as one of the sides lured the other into a planetary battle).)
))
Save the experiment simulation and suspend it for now.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 03:14:33 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11134 on: December 24, 2012, 06:15:28 am »

((Bump. Lets not get this buried in all the new year stuff.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11135 on: December 24, 2012, 06:18:52 am »

((Psst. I think Piecewise is doing holiday stuff. He'll update when he updates.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11136 on: December 24, 2012, 07:49:11 am »

((Let's not have it under loads of pages atleast.))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11137 on: December 25, 2012, 03:54:47 pm »

Look for the doc. Start the new phase of the training.

I believe I'm ready for the next step.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11138 on: December 25, 2012, 04:11:59 pm »

((SCP foundation is awesome.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11139 on: December 28, 2012, 12:03:53 am »

I'd like to join the HMRC here is my character

Name; Michael Alexander
Age; 23
Gender; Male
Appearance; 1.9 m tall, Black hair, Blue eyes, Pale skin
Personal; Previously a mercenary pirate
Reason assigned; Treason, Murder,
Profession; Mercenary

Stats & Skills

Strength - 0
Dexterity - 5
Endurance - 5
Charisma - 0
Intelligence - 10
Willpower - 0

Skills

Speech - 0
Intuition - 1 + 1 (Mercenary)
Handiwork - 0 - 1 (Mercenary)
Con Weapons - 1
Un-con Weapons - 1 + 1 (Mercenary)
Exotic Weapons - 0
Aux Systems - 2
Medical tech - 0

So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11140 on: December 28, 2012, 01:29:20 am »

I'd like to join the HMRC here is my character

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Those stats are... not wise. To put it bluntly, those stats mean that, as far as the rolls are concerned (not literally, of course, and it's left to chance anyways), your dude has no muscles, has a face even a mother wouldn't love (then again, most of us use charisma as a dump stat (guilty), but not to that extreme), and will be mindraped the second he comes near anything capable of mindraping. Which happens fairly often. I suggest you even those stats out if you don't want a horridly overspecialized character. Also, the professions do not work that way, they are boosts/detriments to the rolls, not the stats.

Also, welcome to the meatgrinder that is the HMRC, and to the boards as well.))
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 01:36:36 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11141 on: December 28, 2012, 04:43:37 am »

((Those are fairly odd stats for a merc (fluffwise, they make perfect sense for an intended manip user), but I wouldn't consider them that unwise. Lots of people have 0 Cha, mindrape isn't that common, and you can usually avoid using Strength if you want to. It's a bit of a gamble, but so is reducing your main stats to even out auxiliary ones.

Plus, you can usually buff them later if you find them inconvenient. Assuming their lack isn't what gets you killed, of course.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11142 on: December 28, 2012, 04:57:15 am »

((Note that the merc specializes in Unconventional Weapons. So those stats do make a lot of sense, considering that Uncon is for bombs (just Uncon, I think), kinetic amps, monoatomic razors and tesla sabres (Uncon and Dex), field manipulators (Int and Uncon). So the stats make perfect sense, and are in fact nicely done, offering good versatility. After all, who needs strength if you have a kinetic amp? And Charisma along with Speech are pretty much the dump stat and skill of choice, with only mind-alteration and fleshwarper amp users needing Charisma for any purpose at all. Choosing Mercenary might also have been a very good idea due to the intuition bonus - good intuition might mean you can pinpoint targets you can't see much more easily, no?))
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 05:01:23 am by Harry Baldman »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11143 on: December 28, 2012, 05:01:53 am »

((Hm. You know, I wanna say that kinetic amps work better the more force you can apply to them, but I think Eric's combat rolls were maybe a Dex roll followed by an Uncon one, so I guess I couldn't swear that applies as a bonus/penalty to normal combat. Might be more arbitrary, like at 0 Str you can dent tanks on a good uncon roll while at 10 you can crumple them, though.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11144 on: December 28, 2012, 05:14:50 am »

((Kinetic amps exponentially increase the forces applied to them, so hitting a man tank with half your strength is different then hitting it with all your strength. I think in the current mission Miyamoto used strength when banging on some doors with his amps. EDIT: It turns out that it was Jim with his robot muscles that punched a door. It didn't do much.))
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 07:38:21 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 2101