_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 740 741 [742] 743 744 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5932183 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11115 on: December 20, 2012, 04:22:55 pm »

Seems the military doctrine has advanced well since then, or I just never really understood space warfare. Probably the latter.
Start searching for the most important or innovative (i.e. military science textbooks stuff) space battles of modern times. ((Just asking it beforehand for your convenience.))
While the list gets composed, I could make a little experiment.
Summon a robot (with at least a camera and a mechanical hand) with a conventional AI (either normal or that evolving response one) and a field manipulator (the simplest kind, if there is one simpler than the Microwave FM). Have the robot use the field manipulator. Observe the effects.
(( It's a good day to have a theory of mine busted. :P
Also, nice holidays to everyone! ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #11116 on: December 21, 2012, 10:25:30 am »

Implement the final plans, then playtest to make sure the game works.

((It might be funniest if any players that the game may get decide on any details left vague.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11117 on: December 21, 2012, 10:34:53 am »

Good points. I wonder if anyone else has asked these sorts of things? Perhaps you should search the internet when you get back to the ship, there might be something interesting there.

((Perhaps, but I have this sinking feeling that some suit with sunglasses will come to drag me away kicking and screaming, never to be seen again, if I start asking questions. And I already have my VR rights revoked for the moment, no need to get my oxygen rights revoked too.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11118 on: December 21, 2012, 01:03:51 pm »

((Plus, if the internet hasn't changed, and from what I've seen of it, it probably hasn't by a whole lot, it is highly doubtful that there is any useful information there. The problem with the Altered Wars is that there are no trustworthy sources. So what you'll get on the internet will be either idiot conspiracy theorists or people who don't have any proof. This is because the conspiracy theorists who are on to something and people who have proof are probably dead.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11119 on: December 21, 2012, 05:19:28 pm »

((Actually, in my opinion, its much better to discredit someone then actually killing or "disappearing" them. If you kill someone, you're saying to whomever is watching "this guy was right so I killed him". But if you get 100 other guys saying similar but crazier things and 1000 reputable scientists saying those guys are crazy, then who is the public going to believe? How many people are going to get through all the nutjobs to find someone with a plausible story and then believe it?))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11120 on: December 21, 2012, 08:23:09 pm »

((I'm back. Internet crapped out on us for the past week.))

"Ehhh. Urban."

Urban location.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11121 on: December 21, 2012, 10:25:16 pm »

Be equipped with a Mk3, a .50 cal machine gun and a desert eagle. Just cause.

Consider yourself armed and moderately dangerous. Go for it man guy.

Seems the military doctrine has advanced well since then, or I just never really understood space warfare. Probably the latter.
Start searching for the most important or innovative (i.e. military science textbooks stuff) space battles of modern times. ((Just asking it beforehand for your convenience.))
While the list gets composed, I could make a little experiment.
Summon a robot (with at least a camera and a mechanical hand) with a conventional AI (either normal or that evolving response one) and a field manipulator (the simplest kind, if there is one simpler than the Microwave FM). Have the robot use the field manipulator. Observe the effects.
(( It's a good day to have a theory of mine busted. :P
Also, nice holidays to everyone! ))
(Define space battle. We don't really have fighters or anything, it's mostly just extremely long range kinetic bombardment or lasers.)

The robot attempts to poke out some sort of action but despite it's flailing it can't manage to get anything done.

Implement the final plans, then playtest to make sure the game works.

((It might be funniest if any players that the game may get decide on any details left vague.))
Ah. Well it all turns out well then. Exactly as you want it. Whatever that may be.

((I'm back. Internet crapped out on us for the past week.))

"Ehhh. Urban."

Urban location.

The game gives you a choice between a long and short range package.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11122 on: December 21, 2012, 10:30:24 pm »

"Hrmm. I suppose it would defeat the point if I were to take both. Long range it is then."

Select long range loadout.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11123 on: December 21, 2012, 11:49:53 pm »

You do realize it's going to end up as a My Little Pony dress up simulator, right? And that's if you're lucky.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11124 on: December 22, 2012, 12:00:50 am »

(That's only if May gets to it first. If Jim does it's going to be a Contra: The Alien Wars remake. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11125 on: December 22, 2012, 12:06:08 am »

((Your best bet is me playing it first. I'll probably give a more normal description.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11126 on: December 22, 2012, 02:42:39 am »

((Morul gets his hands on that you're gonna have a stealth based game.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11127 on: December 22, 2012, 05:48:45 am »

((Better make sure Miyamoto doesn't get to it first, or it'll be an organical chemistry learning game... Very exciting and stuff. ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #11128 on: December 22, 2012, 07:34:22 am »

((Well, I'm pretty sure that I established it as a shoot-and-run platformer (or did I?), but there's no reason there can't be some kind of MLP dress up segment or something. :P))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11129 on: December 22, 2012, 07:35:16 am »

((Didn't it have roguelike qualities at some point?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 740 741 [742] 743 744 ... 2101