_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5923885 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Stacy Butter
« Reply #9570 on: November 06, 2012, 05:18:20 pm »

"It cost three tokens."

Sell the sheet back for three tokens, then head to the Rec room and watch TV while I wait.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9571 on: November 06, 2012, 05:30:36 pm »

A tournament in which we resort to barbaric slap fighting in order to determine who is the "best"? Pass.

Strange there is no manual available for gunner bots. I wonder if the AM knows something...

"Hey AM, could you go into more detail the features of the gunner bot? It doesn't say much in the description"

Travis heads over to the AM and asks.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9572 on: November 06, 2012, 05:43:49 pm »

"What? Well unless the Doctor..."

Examine arm lengths.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9573 on: November 06, 2012, 06:16:12 pm »

(Token count and inventory please?)

"Hrm.  How difficult would it be?  There's already neural matter in the design, is it more than a matter of stuffing more brain in?"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9574 on: November 06, 2012, 06:16:39 pm »

Thomas walks over to the announcement and takes a quick look.
"Tournament? Don't have any money though."
Thomas frowns, shrugs, then goes into the Rec Room to looks for Feyri.
"So... I don't have any money, but would it be okay for me to watch? Or maybe take up a supporting role?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9575 on: November 06, 2012, 09:09:54 pm »

"I'm not sure I quite follow you. By saying the machine could do it, do you mean that a person with a manipulator could do it, but a person with an amp can't?"
((The machine can theoretically do it. As it is a matter converter, it could change the atoms until the desired effect was achieved, however, a human being is unable to use the machine to that extent due to our mind/brain's limitations. What the AM said is that if the machine wasn't limited by the human being using it, then yes, that which you mentioned would be possible.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9576 on: November 06, 2012, 09:43:30 pm »

"More readin'? Fuck that. Uh, mebbe later." Floki shrugged and grinned at the Armoury Master, pocketed his remaining tokens after handing one to Jim, then swaggered off to the Rec room with hands in pockets, staring down potential opponents along the way.

>Enter tournament.

>Head to Rec room.

>Assess hunger/thirst/exhaustion levels along the way, determine whether anything would lessen my combat effectiveness.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9577 on: November 06, 2012, 11:11:30 pm »

Brother Lars headed to the Rec Room to continue his reading.

To the Rec Room- keep reading!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9578 on: November 06, 2012, 11:18:59 pm »

"So... I don't have any money, but would it be okay for me to watch? Or maybe take up a supporting role?"
"Oh hey there. Why don't you ask Jim here? If you can, list down who wants to join would be great!"

Feyri tapped her wristpad a few times.

"Sending as a broadcast all over the Sword...And done!"

Head to...the Doctor in the meantime. Politely ask for the probability of a tracking companion.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 11:21:13 pm by Tiruin »

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9579 on: November 06, 2012, 11:36:29 pm »

Receiving the broadcast, Kyle decided to head down to the recreation room. Sure, he was a little short on tokens to actually enter, but he could watch and enjoy the show. Perhaps he could run one of these himself at some point.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9580 on: November 07, 2012, 12:30:12 am »

Hm, field manipulators are off-limits? Well, I suppose that's okay. It is awfully disappointing, I must say.

Exit VR. Go for a refreshing walk around the ship.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9581 on: November 07, 2012, 01:55:17 am »

((Yes, that is what I meant. The amp in front of a pole, if I remember correctly they are the size of a postal stamp and their shape can't be changed.))

Check if my arm is ripped off if the charge is repeated without letting go of the kinetic lance. Try at max speed, then half speed, then 100km/h. The target is an unmoving battlesuit.
Well, that depends on the type of rod you use and how you hold it. I mean, if you have a wooden rod then it would work like a real lance, breaking on impact so as not to transfer the impact to you. Or a metal pole that you grip lightly and release as it hits. It also depends on the target you hit. I mean, you hit a battlesuit at full speed, assuming you get a good roll for the uncon roll, then the force of the kinetic amplifier will push the suit away so you won't have much of an impact, but if you hit something more solid or botch the roll and somehow don't activate the kinetic amplifier then you could break or tear off an  arm pretty easy.

"No more ora... Oh god please no more ora."
Other manipulator a?

"I'm not sure I quite follow you. By saying the machine could do it, do you mean that a person with a manipulator could do it, but a person with an amp can't?"

Ask. Also accept one token from all parties interested in being in the tournament.
(do me a favor, get a list of everyone participating in this tournament so I can just deduct the tokens all at once.)

"The machine is capable of it, but you are not."

Examine the available ones, then disconnect and head to the armory.

Quite the collection of things you made, miss, but there are a few in the ammunition folder that I can't get to come up, the machine doesn't recognize the file format. Any help with those?

((Simus statsheet please.))
Simus
1/3 dex,int,str,handi
-2 Char, Speech
-1 aux, med
Arm blade
Grenade launcher
Chem nade
exo nade
frag nade
Kilo of Aster-ex explosive (5 detonators)

4 tokens.

G-shells: The data on these is thin at best, seems to be just a concept, but appears to be a bullet that, when it hits it's target, generates a powerful, localized gravitational field.

The all purpose organic killing shells are basically hollow point gauss shells filled with some nasty shrapnel and a chemical that causes carbon based organic compounds to break down. Causes terrible effects in organic, carbon-based life.

Kinetic rounds are basically gauss rounds with a kinetic amp built into the tip.

You head to the armory and ask about the files.

"Not really sure myself, maybe the vr software was changed since I uploaded them. They weren't really anything special anyways."

"It cost three tokens."

Sell the sheet back for three tokens, then head to the Rec room and watch TV while I wait.
You get three tokens, bringing your total to 8, and head to the rec room, just in time to catch the end of the story on...glowing butts?

A tournament in which we resort to barbaric slap fighting in order to determine who is the "best"? Pass.

Strange there is no manual available for gunner bots. I wonder if the AM knows something...

"Hey AM, could you go into more detail the features of the gunner bot? It doesn't say much in the description"

Travis heads over to the AM and asks.

"It's got parts of a dog brain in there somewhere, it's got some good maneuvering algorithms and it shoots things." She shrugs.

"What? Well unless the Doctor..."

Examine arm lengths.
Your arms look like they're equal length. Huh.

(Token count and inventory please?)

"Hrm.  How difficult would it be?  There's already neural matter in the design, is it more than a matter of stuffing more brain in?"
Mesk
+2 Med
+1 aux
-1 speech,handi, con wep, uncon wep,
2/3 int
1/3 aux,dex, end, Will,str, char,

Mk II suit
cutting torch, (9:00/10:00)
anti-coagulant
Advanced kit
monorazor
7 token

"If all you want something thats as smart as a rat, we can do that easy."

"More readin'? Fuck that. Uh, mebbe later." Floki shrugged and grinned at the Armoury Master, pocketed his remaining tokens after handing one to Jim, then swaggered off to the Rec room with hands in pockets, staring down potential opponents along the way.

>Enter tournament.

>Head to Rec room.

>Assess hunger/thirst/exhaustion levels along the way, determine whether anything would lessen my combat effectiveness.

You head to the rec room, feeling perfectly fine and healthy.
Brother Lars headed to the Rec Room to continue his reading.

To the Rec Room- keep reading!
You head to the rec room while continuing to read.

The heading on the next page is dedicated to "Algis: God of protection; also known as Algis of the Many Hands or Algis of the Shielding hands. "

The images on the opposing page are confusing; there are multiple of them, some of which have been scratched out with varying degrees of success. The scratched out pictures are images of a worshiper kneeling in prayer, being protected from fire by what look like a swarm of giant, disembodied hands. The one that isn't scratched out is similar but the hands are connected to a muscular, badly scarred, multiarmed man who is standing above the worshiper, embracing them while it wards off the fire with outstretched hands. The symbol on the bottom of the picture page is that of a White circle.

"Algis is one of the few Beings in the Pantheon that is considered primarily benevolent and protective of his worshipers. Although he is most known as the god of protection he is in fact the god of order, stability, and safety in general, a pacifying influence against (The word is scratched out), the god of death.  His symbol is most often placed on armor or vehicles, especially hotdrop shuttles, and many worshipers have it tattooed on their chest, a constant talisman against harm.

Just as Pathmas is father to Algis, Algis is father to Emar-i, God of medicine and progenitor of the Medic pantheon. "

"Oh hey there. Why don't you ask Jim here? If you can, list down who wants to join would be great!"

Feyri tapped her wristpad a few times.

"Sending as a broadcast all over the Sword...And done!"

Head to...the Doctor in the meantime. Politely ask for the probability of a tracking companion.

"ok." the doctor says, "How big do you want it?"

Receiving the broadcast, Kyle decided to head down to the recreation room. Sure, he was a little short on tokens to actually enter, but he could watch and enjoy the show. Perhaps he could run one of these himself at some point.
You head to the rec room, ready to enjoy the show.

Hm, field manipulators are off-limits? Well, I suppose that's okay. It is awfully disappointing, I must say.

Exit VR. Go for a refreshing walk around the ship.
You wander around the ship, finding it to be a relatively short and circular walk through some very boring metal hallways.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9582 on: November 07, 2012, 02:07:29 am »

"Huh. Uh, sorry about that, guess they got fixed when... things happened."

Celebrate having matching-length arms by punching the speedbag some more.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9583 on: November 07, 2012, 02:08:18 am »

"Bigger than I am - almost as large as an Earthen equine. With an anatomy I can understand if I'm to take care of it, and preferably mountable for...movement.

"Is that alright?"

Tell ye Doctor!

Quote from: Current Participants
Floki - Yoink
Stacy - Harry Baldman
Cog(?) - kisame12794
May - TCM
? - anailater
? - OREOSOME
Brother Lars[?] - Toaster
Kyle - Nicholas1024

Organizers:
Feyri - Tiruin
Jim - SeriousConcentrate

((8 participants. The fun thing is, 15 token prize. :P))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9584 on: November 07, 2012, 02:19:26 am »

"Huh. Uh, sorry about that, guess they got fixed when... things happened."

Celebrate having matching-length arms by punching the speedbag some more.
[dex:1+1]
You attempt to punch the speed bag but end up just batting at the air like a kitten without depth perception.

"Bigger than I am - almost as large as an Earthen equine. With an anatomy I can understand if I'm to take care of it, and preferably mountable for...movement.

"Is that alright?"

Tell ye Doctor!

Quote from: Current Participants
Floki - Yoink
Stacy - Harry Baldman
Cog(?) - kisame12794
May - TCM
? - anailater
? - OREOSOME
Brother Lars[?] - Toaster
Kyle - Nicholas1024

Organizers:
Feyri - Tiruin
Jim - SeriousConcentrate

((8 participants. The fun thing is, 15 token prize. :P))

"Yeah sure," The Doctor, "I just need, oh...one and a half people? Or maybe just one if you find a particularly fat or muscular one."

Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 2101