_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5924231 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Stacy Butter
« Reply #9555 on: November 06, 2012, 09:20:57 am »

"I'm just curious, silly."

Feyri would've bopped Jim's nose with her index finger - if he had an organic one, but giving him a friendly punch on the metallic, cold shoulder was still worth the moment.

"I'm with you in organizing the whole thing, of course. If need be, I'd do the commentary (much like how piecewise does the rolls), but I'm not that good of a...commenter, as you saw earlier in the missions we were in. I just hope people would be interested.

"And I get to swing this nice, edged sword..."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9556 on: November 06, 2012, 09:34:44 am »

"Huh. Right. Lemme have a lookit that, sounds interestin'."

Floki grabbed his tokens and turned in place to squint at the announcement flyer, (still in front of the Armoury Booth, of course) lips moving silently as he read through the text with agonizing slowness.

>Read carefully through the announcement before accepting and entering the tournament.

>Then go back to talking to the AM.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9557 on: November 06, 2012, 09:35:30 am »

Stacy turns to May.

"What a wonderful creature you have there, ma'am! Take good care of it. It looks valuable."

He reads the announcement.

Fifteen tokens? That's a surprisingly large reward. I wonder if it will be to the death. Seems fitting, this being the HMRC.

Go to VR. Familiarize myself with it. Go into Tinker and select the Gauss Rifle. Disassemble it and examine the individual components, with the main points of interest being:

The generators: can they power a field manipulator without issue? Make sure to test extensively.

The inertia dampeners: what are they exactly and how do they work?

The coils: how much metal is there in the coils (pounds, approximately)?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9558 on: November 06, 2012, 09:53:20 am »

"Hrmm. A fight club? With a prize. I'm in."

Exit VR and head to the armory.

"Hello again, I was wondering how much I could sell that stealth sheet for.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9559 on: November 06, 2012, 10:01:27 am »

Glancing at the announcement about the fight, Lars files that away for later.  This was more important.

Start reading the book, starting with the first section (Major Pantheon).
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9560 on: November 06, 2012, 11:37:45 am »

Wait for the Ammo folder to load.

((Might want to send an announcement through the VR network, as well.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #9561 on: November 06, 2012, 12:07:24 pm »

Watch whatever the robot guy is watching.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9562 on: November 06, 2012, 12:18:48 pm »

Thomas read the message, blunk, then sent another message.
Quote from: Thomas Harrison to The Doctor
Would it be okay if I bring one from a mission?
Go to the VR. Look over mission data. Pick one at random, insert self in. Alone. IF a two team mission, the other team is Milno.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9563 on: November 06, 2012, 03:44:25 pm »

"Tournament huh...."

Pick up Piecewise, go find Jim to enter tournament.

Stacy turns to May.

"Oh thx :3"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9564 on: November 06, 2012, 04:43:12 pm »

MORE ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!
[end:2]
ORAORAORAORA-gasp-ora ora -wheeze- or...gahhh.

You flop down on the ground, gasping for air and soaking in sweat.

(You know, if the Doctor needs limbs, I'm the perfect guy.  That gives me an idea, selling my own kidneys for tokens.)

"Why?  Why?"
Mesk leans in close, practically into the researcher's face, and stage whispers.
"Because.  I.  Can."
He leans back, grins.
"So, we gonna do this thing or what?"
"Well...Simple ai's are easy enough but learning isn't going to happen without wetware."

Find a news channel and watch.
The first news channel you find is broadcasting a story about a popular new trend among young people of implanting micro-LED mesh's under their skin to allow them to have what are basically "Dynamic tattoo's".

((Just make sure they get flesh and not any of the little repairbots that go with it.))

Faith decided to exit VR and deal with a certain something she'd been meaning to. She walked briskly back to the medical wing and approached the nearest unoccupied crew member.

"Excuse me, my arms are different lengths now due to a rather tragic incident with a cutting torch," she said, holding up the offending appendage. "I was told the only way to fix that was to lop the hand off again, jam a metal bone in there, and then regrow the flesh.

I'm all on board for most of that, but is a metal bone-part really necessary? Can't you just regrow normal bone normally?"

Visit medical wing, ask about hand.
The nurse you found looks at your arms.

"They look the same length to me." She says, rather skeptically.

Keep jogging.
[end:1-1]
You collapse on the tread mill and zip off onto the floor, landing in a silly, uncoordinated pile.

"What are you making that needs that?" She asks.

"Uh." The usually brash Floki seemed slightly disconcerted by the question, hesitating a moment before shrugging. "Dunno yet. A project."
He changed the subject, setting down four of his tokens with a small click and raising his brows. "What kinda cool shit d'you sell here, anyways?"
She just points at the sign behind her.

Jim heads to the armory to bug the AM once more with another question.

"Miss Armory Master. I was reading the brochure for the Matter Converter Psychokinetic Amplifier, and I was curious. Are there any known limitations to what it can do? Could I, for example, use it to turn a person into an animal, or turn a prosthetic limb into a normal one?"

(I'm just assuming that the wristpads have the descriptions for the weapons in the first post of the main thread as brochures. Makes sense in a way. ^^^)
"Technically it's possible but actually doing something like that is...well, beyond your abilities. Probably beyond the ability of any human. I mean, converting objects is fine because their makeup is simple; but organic life is so insanely complex and varied and so fragile in it's reactions...it's like building a mountain a grain of sand at a time. You're just not capable of such a thing.  Turning a man into a lump of stone sure, because it's just indiscriminate change, changing one living thing into another viable living thing? No. The machine could do it, but you can't."

"HAHAAAA~ Perfect!"

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = James Kelly
It's finished! :D

I'm uploading the picture to you...now.

Uploading...

Picture sent.

"Oh...oh wait, there you are Jim! Here's the announcement!"

Quote from: Announcement
The Battle for Paracelsus' Sword!

A Dance of Blades

Come one, Come all!

Best your friends in a clash of swords and get paid for it!

The first EVER H.M.R.C. Tournament aimed at convicts!

The Winner takes a FIFTEEN TOKEN PRIZE AND A SWORD OF CUSTOM MAKE!

One token entrance fee. No extra equipment needed but a MK I suit.

Your execution will be handed in the Recreation Room.

Good Day.

Feyri looked at Jim with an expectant eye. This was her first time writing something along those lines with that kind of paper.

What was he thinking?

Ask the AM for a canine pet that could be used in the field as a tracker.
"What the hell part of "I don't have animals, ask the doctor" don't you understand?"

"Thanks for answering my questions. I'll go check on something." Milno said before moving to the rec room, putting his helmet back while on the way.

2nd mission wasteland. The MkIII should have the yet-to-be-bought dashing in it. Take a spear, attach a kinetic amp to its tip, spawn an immobile target 50 meters away and fly at full speed to a point near it, charging with the spear but letting it go at the last minute, to prevent the feedback and allow inertia to do its job.
Well, you can't really put an amp on a spear per say. You can put an amp on a long pole, but remember they don't do points.

But yeah, that would work, though there would be a roll in there somewhere, like dex for throwing the thing right.

Start praticing the "mode alteration".
How would you like to do that? Exactly what would you like to do to try and get that new ability of yours to activate?

((Hey piecewise, how many tokens do i have, and what equipment do i have?))

Mason (anailater)

+1 med
-1 str,speech,handi,
1/3 int, will, med
25/25 mind
Microwave Manipulator
7 token.

"Huh. Right. Lemme have a lookit that, sounds interestin'."

Floki grabbed his tokens and turned in place to squint at the announcement flyer, (still in front of the Armoury Booth, of course) lips moving silently as he read through the text with agonizing slowness.

>Read carefully through the announcement before accepting and entering the tournament.

>Then go back to talking to the AM.
You do this thing.

Stacy turns to May.

"What a wonderful creature you have there, ma'am! Take good care of it. It looks valuable."

He reads the announcement.

Fifteen tokens? That's a surprisingly large reward. I wonder if it will be to the death. Seems fitting, this being the HMRC.

Go to VR. Familiarize myself with it. Go into Tinker and select the Gauss Rifle. Disassemble it and examine the individual components, with the main points of interest being:

The generators: can they power a field manipulator without issue? Make sure to test extensively.

The inertia dampeners: what are they exactly and how do they work?

The coils: how much metal is there in the coils (pounds, approximately)?
Your attempts to put power into a field manipulator ends with the program throwing up a blocked symbol.

Inertia dampeners appear to be pretty much anything that helps cushion or lessen recoil. There are many types.

There's roughly four pounds of metal in the coils, in total.

"Hrmm. A fight club? With a prize. I'm in."

Exit VR and head to the armory.

"Hello again, I was wondering how much I could sell that stealth sheet for.
"The one I sold you? Well, if you haven't used it then I'll refund it's price for you. Though you'll have to remind me how much it cost."

Glancing at the announcement about the fight, Lars files that away for later.  This was more important.

Start reading the book, starting with the first section (Major Pantheon).

You flip to the first page of the Major Pantheon

A large heading on the top of the page reads "PATHMAS: GOD OF LUCK" while a subhead reads "Pathmas the all father, Pathmas the Judge, Pathmas the Incognizable". On the opposing page is a large hand drawn image of a seemingly genderless, faceless humanoid clothed in flowing cloth. In one hand he holds a knife and in the other an olive branch. A large symbol has been drawn beneath the image; that of a circle divided vertically through the center, with one half being white and the other being black.

"Pathmas is the all father of the Pantheons and final judge in all things. All other gods, his children, bow before his judgment, indecipherable as it is. His favor is fickle but powerful and his actions undecipherable."

Much of the page is filled with details as to how he is to be worshiped and how one may use his symbol. Apparently He is often prayed to in addition to the deity suited to the situation and his symbol is often placed above any others being inscribed, not only to show his authority but to act as a back up of sorts, garnering his favor in case the other god should go against you. Prayers to him should be left vague, asking only that he side in your favor in whatever you are about to do. His symbol is almost exclusively placed on people, rather then objects and it is actually believed to be dangerous to place it on objects, as Pathmas may spare the object and destroy it's user in turn.

Wait for the Ammo folder to load.

((Might want to send an announcement through the VR network, as well.))
G-shells
All purpose organic Kill round
Kinetic round
And there are several other files but they're in a format not recognized by the vr machine. How strange.

Watch whatever the robot guy is watching.
You watch the news story about teenager's glowing butts.

Thomas read the message, blunk, then sent another message.
Quote from: Thomas Harrison to The Doctor
Would it be okay if I bring one from a mission?
Go to the VR. Look over mission data. Pick one at random, insert self in. Alone. IF a two team mission, the other team is Milno.
sure, I don't care

You appear in the Ear Worm Mission. Alone, standing outside the shuttle on the expanse of gray, dead, dirt outside the research base.

"Tournament huh...."

Pick up Piecewise, go find Jim to enter tournament.

Stacy turns to May.

"Oh thx :3"
You find jim, hold your lizard up in front of his face and announce your entry to the tournament in a lizardy sounding voice.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9565 on: November 06, 2012, 04:49:59 pm »

((Yes, that is what I meant. The amp in front of a pole, if I remember correctly they are the size of a postal stamp and their shape can't be changed.))

Check if my arm is ripped off if the charge is repeated without letting go of the kinetic lance. Try at max speed, then half speed, then 100km/h. The target is an unmoving battlesuit.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9566 on: November 06, 2012, 05:04:19 pm »

"No more ora... Oh god please no more ora."
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9567 on: November 06, 2012, 05:06:57 pm »

"I'm not sure I quite follow you. By saying the machine could do it, do you mean that a person with a manipulator could do it, but a person with an amp can't?"

Ask. Also accept one token from all parties interested in being in the tournament.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9568 on: November 06, 2012, 05:07:27 pm »

Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9569 on: November 06, 2012, 05:08:19 pm »

Examine the available ones, then disconnect and head to the armory.

Quite the collection of things you made, miss, but there are a few in the ammunition folder that I can't get to come up, the machine doesn't recognize the file format. Any help with those?

((Simus statsheet please.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 2101