_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5926827 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Stacy Butter
« Reply #9525 on: November 05, 2012, 06:54:03 pm »

"...How many people did you kill for acting like the albino freak over here? Less about violence and more about stupid questions and flirting, that is." Milno asked, pointing at May with his thumb.

Ask.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9526 on: November 05, 2012, 06:55:44 pm »

((Okay, do you remember Aliens? You know those bigass guns they had, that had the arm to help hold the weight? What I was thinking of was to have that sort of arm, and add something that hardened up when sudden force was applied, kind of like when you mix corn starch and water. When the gun was fired the arm would lock up, and would (Hopefully) take the brunt of the recoil, so I can have a chaingun-esque gauss rifle, without blowing my arm off. @Sercon: The tanks on Cogs back are fleshy. As is the heat exchange.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9527 on: November 05, 2012, 06:57:36 pm »

((Okay, do you remember Aliens? You know those bigass guns they had, that had the arm to help hold the weight? What I was thinking of was to have that sort of arm, and add something that hardened up when sudden force was applied, kind of like when you mix corn starch and water. When the gun was fired the arm would lock up, and would (Hopefully) take the brunt of the recoil, so I can have a chaingun-esque gauss rifle, without blowing my arm off. @Sercon: The tanks on Cogs back are fleshy. As is the heat exchange.))

((I do believe such has been made before, and modding an exoskeleton if it hasn't would be easier. After all, that's what they had in Aliens, exoskeletons, or exosuits, or whatever you want to call them, same principle.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9528 on: November 05, 2012, 07:00:38 pm »

((Oh. Oh well, if it is already made, oops, and if not prototype! Maybe.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9529 on: November 05, 2012, 08:30:54 pm »

(( Aren't they on the equipment list, more-or-less, already? Exo-skeleton? Like mark3 assist, but without armour or jetpacks. Just a strong mark1, not even mark2 "please don't die now" bits? ))
It's a game. Have fun.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9530 on: November 05, 2012, 08:51:07 pm »

Quote from: James Kelly to Feyri Nirel
Feyri, can you add that to the flyer? Fifteen tokens is quite a bit, so I don't think we'll need to promise any other reward. Entry fee will still be a token apiece of course, for you and I to split.
Quote from: Feyri Nirel = James Kelly
So no other prize for the second or third place?

Hmm, all for one then. There can only be one...

Heeey, that reminds me of a movie I saw when I was young, then guy was holding a sword much like the ones you make!

Alright. So Grand Prize = 15(?) tokens and a personally made sword by you?

That's all? Also, I can't join in, can I? :P

Design announcement.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 09:06:35 pm by Tiruin »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9531 on: November 05, 2012, 09:56:07 pm »

((Design idea!

Casaba-Howitzer project, miniaturized, for my XGL. Those of you strong in Google-fu: Be afraid. Very afraid.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9532 on: November 05, 2012, 10:09:32 pm »

((Design idea!

Casaba-Howitzer project, miniaturized, for my XGL. Those of you strong in Google-fu: Be afraid. Very afraid.))
((I see Howitzer, and fear for our lives. FEAR FOR THEM.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9533 on: November 05, 2012, 10:11:06 pm »

((It's like a bizarre arms run towards the weapon that is most likely to kill teammates.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9534 on: November 05, 2012, 10:18:09 pm »

((Oh please, just get a 1/8 kiloton bomb, save yourself the effort :P

Besides, launching melons at people isn't going to be effective. Unles you're firing May out of a cannon :P ))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9535 on: November 05, 2012, 10:57:14 pm »

"He was right, indeed, a bear's lifestyle has its merits"

Hit the threadmill, if there is one onboard. Otherwise, push-ups.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9536 on: November 05, 2012, 11:06:52 pm »

((Oh please, just get a 1/8 kiloton bomb, save yourself the effort :P

Besides, launching melons at people isn't going to be effective. Unles you're firing May out of a cannon :P ))

((Why stop at 1/8th kiloton when there are megaton charges and fission instigators available?))

((Also, *rimshot*))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9537 on: November 05, 2012, 11:11:12 pm »

Floki stood around for a moment, stroking a sideburn and glaring thoughtfully at his fellow inmates, his lurid tattoo exposed to the world. He was bored, and kinda at a loss of what to do. He hadn't seen the robot fella with the sword since he'd been knocked out, and he didn't think it a great idea to test out his razorboots amongst such a big crowd.

Eventually, he turned back to the Armoury Master in her booth.
"Hey, ya got any broken shit lyin' around I could have? Like, uh, I dunno, some springs, some kinda launcher or mebbe one a' them instrument things, whatever th'fuck they're called, y'know..."

>Attempt to describe a brass/woodwind instrument like a trumpet, requesting one of those along with some springs, hinges, nails, a short length of wood and some sort of flint. Maybe some ductape, too.

>Also fish around in my pockets for any of those 'tokens' people go on about.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9538 on: November 05, 2012, 11:21:35 pm »

"Ah. An armory. May I see what is sold in this armory?"

See what is sold in the armory. Once shown, purchase a Microwave Field Manipulator.

"I'm not sure why, but I think that I should have this for some reason. What is it, if I may ask?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9539 on: November 06, 2012, 02:51:08 am »

"Sawwwy."

Pick up Piecewise, poke a random new person with him.

You jam the lizard into Stacy's face, scrapping it across his visor.

Stop switching channels as soon as Lukas encounters something on aliens murdering each other.
You don't seem to find anything like that.

Faith clicked her tongue in annoyance. Damn UWM and their irrational restrictions on magic-incuding calculators.

See how automated field manipulators work, in particular if they need a power source and can be adapted from and to anything or just come in preset varieties.

See how viable it'd be to use a manipulator while inside a battlesuit.

You can use a manipulator in a battle suit. As long as you can see and have arms.

As per automated field manipulators, they come in preset varieties and use batteries.

...Fifteen tokens. That would be nice for the winner, but I think I'll go ahead and stay out of it and instead split the entry fees with Feyri as planned.

"Sounds reasonable."

Feyri, can you add that to the flyer? Fifteen tokens is quite a bit, so I don't think we'll need to promise any other reward. Entry fee will still be a token apiece of course, for you and I to split.
>Good. Whoever wins may see the armory master for their prize. I recommend opening the fights to betting. Always makes things more lively.

Open and examine the auto-garrote, injector blade, battlesuit group shield, squawk box, lightning rifle, heavy blade monowire variant, and multi-role weapon MKII, then head into the Ammo folder.

((Can I get Simus' statsheet?))

Grenade: an electronic grenade with both timer and remote activation fuse. Various designs, fragmentation, high explosive, "Thermite spray", Emp, etc.

Rocketlauncher and rockets: A simple rocketlauncher and rocket with limited homing capabilities and remote detonation. Several rockets including standard directed explosive for armor piercing, high explosive for unarmored targets, and an anti-infantry "Razor spray" rocket designed to explode near a group of people and give them a shotgun spray of shrapnel as well as explosive force.

Auto-Garrote: A string of thin, strong wire between two handles with motorized wenches inside them. When handles are placed together the wenches activate and rewind the cord with extreme force. Handles lock together when they touch, allowing the Garrote to be released and automatically strangle/behead the target.

Injector Blade: A sword with a hole in the tip and a tube running through the center. Designed to be stabbed into target and then to activate a rapid dump of compressed air from a tank in the handle, causing a rapid, explosion like expansion of gas in the target. Causes massive soft tissue damage.

Laser drones: What amount to hand lasers mounted on bases that can be affixed to walls, ceilings or floors, and will automatically fire on movement. Designed for guarding corridors.

Battlesuit Group shield: A massive metal wall designed to be carried by a Battle suit that team mates can hide behind.
Silenced Gauss pistol: Exactly what it sounds like: A pistol sized Gauss rifle with attachments to silence any noise from the air being displaced by the movement of the shell or the sound of the gun itself charging.

Squawk box: An explosive designed to be placed next to a door with the trigger being the opening of the door. Has built in speaker and recording of people talking. Designed to lure enemies to their deaths.

Lightning rifle: Fires what amounts to a small harpoon trailing a highly conductive wire. After striking and embedding itself in the target a tesla sabre level charge is passed through the wire and into the target.

Heavy blade Monowire Variant: Heavy blade with Monoatomic razor like sections all down it's blade.

Multi-role weapon MKII: A strange sort of combination of a spear, a sword and a laser rifle. Basically a 4 foot long, light weapon with and odd handle that appears to be a mix of a rifle butt and grip and a sword handle and cross guard with the grip and trigger built into the cross guard. Clearly designed to be used as both a melee weapon and a rifle.

The ammo folder loads for a moment.

((At this point I'm about 90% certain that Piecewise made the on-ship event just because it'd be easier to keep track of than Simus's VR creations.))
Was for Halloween really. But I won't deny that it had certain incidental benefits.

((Heh. My adamantium sledgehammer of complete and utter nerf-batness will surely take down all-comers. Do we want to make the comp with real weapons, or just unpowered ones?))

Take all casing off laser rifles. Join them back together in new, larger casing holding all bits of both rifles side-by-side (like a double-barrel shotgun). Change double trigger into single, firing both weapons simultaineously.
See if last focusing chambers of dual-weapon can be made to focus fire onto a point or varied points (changeable piezo-electric lenses?).
Attach a laser-range-finder to DB-weapon that ranges target on light (non-firing) pull of trigger, with focusing chambers altering their focus to targeted range when trigger is pulled fully. See if all this works together.

"One's good, so two are better. Just gotta get them to hit them same spot, but spread like a big fuck-arse shotty when I want them to. I'll see if this'll work......", thinks Sambo to himself.

Double barrel laser rifle: easy.
Focusing both out through one thing: less easy, but doable
Dynamically focusing laser: Technically possible, but very expensive and not exactly small. Also a bit odd in concept. Surely if it cuts well at a distance it cuts well up close.

Walking nearby, Kyle happened to hear Jim/Feyri's plan, and couldn't resist adding his own input.

"Excuse me, but why not host this sort of thing in the VR? That means we can allow lethal injuries, as well as a larger variety of environments and weaponry. It should still be just as easy to record and market, but you'd lose any risk involved and get to make it a bigger spectacle."
Hey, someone actually using Duel for what it was made for? How novel.

(I think it should be live combat, with real swords, to the death.  I'm not just saying that because I can regenerate.  Ok, maybe I am.)

"Here."
Mesk fishes around in his pocket for a second before producing his own severed hand.
"I want to make it mobile.  Add a unit at the wrist to handle important stuff, power, balance, and covering up the tendony bits, maybe a camera, which will be where the 'brain' is located.  Just smart enough to follow me around and navigate obstacles, maybe a primitive learning ability.  A pet."
He stares at you for a long time.

".....Why?"

As Mason soberd up he decided not to do that ever again, then he went to the armoury and said to the A.M. that "Is some good shit."
He then went to excercise on a punching bag.
((I have A PLAN! ))
[dex:6]
ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!

Read that book!
You open the book; it creaks with age. It's clearly not a standard book, consisting of equal parts typing and hand written sections with scribbled foot notes and additions in the corners. The first page has a table of contents with 4 sections:
Major Pantheon, Medic's pantheon, Soldiers pantheon, and Engineer's Pantheon.

Thomas nods.
"Alright. I'll remember that, thanks. Is the uh, mess hall open yet?"
If it is, grab two plates. Then send the doctor a message.
Quote from: Thomas Harrison to Doctor
I hate to bother you sir, but I was wondering if you had any bird like creatures. I would be willing to take any ones that isn't completely tested yet.
You get two plates and send the doctor a message. He responds a moment later.

It will cost you. One right arm. Shoulder down. I don't care whose.

"...How many people did you kill for acting like the albino freak over here? Less about violence and more about stupid questions and flirting, that is." Milno asked, pointing at May with his thumb.

Ask.
"Not nearly enough." She mutters.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = James Kelly
So no other prize for the second or third place?

Hmm, all for one then. There can only be one...

Heeey, that reminds me of a movie I saw when I was young, then guy was holding a sword much like the ones you make!

Alright. So Grand Prize = 15(?) tokens and a personally made sword by you?

That's all? Also, I can't join in, can I? :P

Design announcement.
[speech:6]
COME ONE COME ALL, BEAT YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT THE HEAD AND GET PAID FOR IT!  FIRST HMRC TOURNAMENT OF CONVICTS! 15 TOKEN PRIZE AND HAND CRAFTED SWORD! ONE TOKEN ENTRY FEE!

COME FOR THE BEATINGS! STAY FOR MORE BEATINGS!

"He was right, indeed, a bear's lifestyle has its merits"

Hit the threadmill, if there is one onboard. Otherwise, push-ups.
[end:5-1]
You jog for a while, managing to keep going pretty well but starting to lose your breath.

Floki stood around for a moment, stroking a sideburn and glaring thoughtfully at his fellow inmates, his lurid tattoo exposed to the world. He was bored, and kinda at a loss of what to do. He hadn't seen the robot fella with the sword since he'd been knocked out, and he didn't think it a great idea to test out his razorboots amongst such a big crowd.

Eventually, he turned back to the Armoury Master in her booth.
"Hey, ya got any broken shit lyin' around I could have? Like, uh, I dunno, some springs, some kinda launcher or mebbe one a' them instrument things, whatever th'fuck they're called, y'know..."

>Attempt to describe a brass/woodwind instrument like a trumpet, requesting one of those along with some springs, hinges, nails, a short length of wood and some sort of flint. Maybe some ductape, too.

>Also fish around in my pockets for any of those 'tokens' people go on about.

"What are you making that needs that?" She asks.

5 tokens.

"Ah. An armory. May I see what is sold in this armory?"

See what is sold in the armory. Once shown, purchase a Microwave Field Manipulator.

"I'm not sure why, but I think that I should have this for some reason. What is it, if I may ask?"
You buy yourself a MFM.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 02:54:17 am by piecewise »
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 2101