_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938984 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: LOCKDOWN
« Reply #8685 on: October 16, 2012, 01:38:40 pm »

Jim sent a message to Feyri over coms. "...Did you forget about my camera feed on your HUD? I'm looking at some right now, just outside the rec room. Faith is with me, and they seem to be after her."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8686 on: October 16, 2012, 01:50:38 pm »

Feyri checked the other feeds from her cameras, becoming used to seeing things without the faceplate blocking her view.

"Oh. Those wires. Erm...that's a lot of wires.

"How does electricity work when you hit them? I'd probably say insulation, but then the high voltage would just short circuit them, right?"
she said, tapping the Tesla Sabre while viewing it for Jim.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8687 on: October 16, 2012, 01:51:49 pm »

"Well, here I go." Milno said, checking for whatever safety measure Jim had mentioned before. To be fair, most people would be seriously worried about the current situation. He, on the other side, sorely wanted the levels of idiocy to go down, since they had spiked dramatically.

That and being spaced also concerned him and the few people he knew that he didn't consider utterly hopeless.

If the EMM is turned on, turn it off. Take the safety line Jim left and move outside the ship.
You grab the safety harness Jim left in the airlock and fasten yourself in while the airlock cycles. The doors open a moment later and you move outside the ship with a quick burst from your rockets.

"Oh..."
Scream for help.  Try to break my arm free, while slashing the knife at the wires ensnaring me with my other hand.
(I'm assuming you're using the normal knife from the drawer, not your Razor)
[dex:5]
[str:1]
You hack at the wires wrapped around your arm, but they hold fast, the kitchen knife cutting into their rubber insulation but doing little else. You scream for help over the coms as they drag you further toward the mass of wires in front of you. You're almost in it already.
Go find the doc.
You step outside the room and realize you have no idea where he is in this maze of hundreds of rooms. Perhaps it might be easier to just message him...

"Ow. I'm alright."

Regain bearings, examine surroundings.
Well, you're floating just outside the rec room, suffering from a head ache and a mass of sentient wires is quickly spreading from the overwhelmed Rec room. Oh dear.

Jim nodded to Faith upon confirmation she was still conscious and in good condition, then turned his attention to the wires. Focusing on them, he attempted to fry them with his microwave amp.
[exo:1+1+1]
You focus on the wires, attempting to melt them, but only manage to turn the rubber insulation soft and molten.
"Oh f...forge."

Cut the living wires with a heat circle.
[exo:6]
You focus on the wires for a moment, your panicked mind focused only on an image of all consuming fire. A spark of light appears above the wires and then the entire crawlspace is alive with fire and heat, the wires and walls melting amidst the inferno. You  huddle into a ball as the fire rages around you, until the floor beneath you and Stacy suddenly gives way and you find yourselves thrown out into the rec room as the fire finds new oxygen and grows explosively, spreading out behind you.
"Fuck. They were everywhere. The wires I mean. But they fucked off as soon as I got in here. Yeah, fuck off wire. You can't take down us cunts when we're here. Not all of us. Yeah, fuck off.
Oi, are you Brother Lars brother? Are you all good? What's up with the wire's mate? It's like it's some random "gonna wire rape you alone" shit. What the fuck happened?"

"Door's that way Lars. I'm gonna have a look around. What was that statue thing you were on about? I am now in a "need to fucken know" situation. Have you got a friggen weapon even?"

Turn kinetic amp on. Offer Brother Lars my sledgehammer. Look around, especially at where the wires went. Check the entire room for oddities or normal shit. If there's any wire's in the room left-over, grab one and store it. Try and intuitively work out why a fairly fucked up priest didn't just get his sexual release from his "god's-bits" playing handsy-touchy with him. Tell everyone what I just found out (it's probably speech roll time :) ).

(( I know I forgot something important there. I still blame the booze. ))
The wires left the room through a hole in the ceiling, and the only wires left behind look to be the ones on the ground, severed from the rest.

[speech:6-1]
"The wires look like they're the anomaly's main method of attack, and they're moving through the walls. Try not to get caught in them." 
Yes, I saw your report. Very interesting, as me and several others seemed to be watching a feed from your viewpoint from the mysteriously on TV in the rec room, minus any statue or threads.

Consider significance of Brother Lars' hallucination sequence.
[int:5]
Well...that space man seems trapped in the same way that all those other aliens were trapped. And he seemed to be trying to trap Lars. And when Lars got free he seemed...mildly annoyed. Hmm.
"Seems the best way to go is up."
Climb up the hole the wires were in, look for them with suit lights on.
You float up to the hole and look around. You can see a mass of wires several feet away, flowing upwards at a rather  astonishing rate. It looks like they're retreating toward the hull.
Go find Thomas.
You join Thomas in the Briefing room.
Update on what we know on hold for now.

Those in the Rec Room have seen the wires, the Briefing room is now devoid of wires. Brother Lars is presumed safe.

"Glad to see you in safe condition Brother!" Feyri said as she peered into the hole. "Sambo, hold this for the moment."

Throw Sambo my Gauss Rifle.

Looking in the room from her position, she presumed that he was in safe hands - there was Simus anyway.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel; Broadcasting
Target is secure, Brother Lars is found in the Briefing room. If anyone else has any sighting of the blasted wires, please say. Because they seem to have retreated from this area of the ship.

I'll be moving around just in case, if anyone wants to come with, I'll be moving to the Messhall//Recreation area, then to the Barracks. To be sure.

Arming Sword and Shield as current equipment. Tesla Sabre at a safe location.

Move to the Rec room and listen//look for any presence of wires, or any difference from what I've seen before.

If possible, Intelligence roll on the wiring configuration of our area.

You move toward the Rec room, sword and shield in hand, but find the entrence completely blocked by living wires. Living, rather hot and partially melted looking wires. You look at Jim. He shrugs.
((@GM: Hey, is the doc with us? If we kill somebody, can this person be brought back?))
I can't really tell you that since you wouldn't know in character.
Lars nodded to the large man offering him a hammer.

"Yes, I am Brother Lars.  I am not sure what this wire is- all I know is what I saw in the vision, and it did not seem benevolent."

Taking the hammer, he leaned it against his shoulder.  "Better this than nothing, I suppose, though I'd prefer a gun if anyone has a spare.  All I have on me is what I am wearing."  Saying this, his fingers went absent-mindedly to his pendant.  "Perhaps we should move out of here as a group?  The tendrils... wires... whatever they are seem to be moving elsewhere."

Accept hammer, follow Feyri.
You follow Feyri and are just as stymied by the wall of wires as she is.
"Uh oh. Back up, back up!"
Hold off wires by using the manipulator to melt-sever the bundle coming from the wall with extreme prejudice. Back up as I attempt to do so.
"I'll admit, this day could be going better."
The man behind you is a little bit faster and a lot less controlled and you find yourself lost in a fire one moment and exploding out into a fucking wire and fire filled hell the next.

"I AM FINDING IT VERY HARD TO REMAIN POSITIVE, GIVEN THE CIRCUMSTANCES."
"Wonder why they arn't covered in my skin. I mean, they grew out of my back, shouldn't they have it on them? Bah, more questions for Doc."

Look at wristpad, and scroll through messages.
You read through any messages that were sent to you or the crew in general.
"Guys? Maybe we should go to an airlock or something. There's wires in the walls too, and the airlock seems a lot safer."
Keep a look out. Contemplate situation.
You keep a look out as feyri and Lars float away and May shows up. You think for a moment about the situation and realize that the only thing you can say about the situation in general is "Fucking living wires."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8688 on: October 16, 2012, 01:56:50 pm »

Now at the desired location, Feyri concluded the worst thing possible, seeing it up close.

"I could hold this back with my shield, but then we'd need a way on defeating whatever is controlling these things. Probably something akin to what Brother Lars mentioned.

"And how is a statue controlling electrical wires?!"

Quote from: Feyri Nirel; Broadcasting
It seems Mesk is in trouble, last report saying he was in the ventilation shafts.

Great...what was the structure of our ventilation system? I'd love to put a sword up the ceiling, but then that might endanger his life.

"Also, Sambo says to stay away from the walls.

"It's just like we're fighting the whole blasted Sword here...Like while blood cells against bacteria, if you get my thought."

Intelligence roll on the ventilation system, or on any other passage leading out of our sector. What keeps us away from the rest of the ship?

Then based on Jim's action, if a positive result: Apply Tesla Sabre to wires.
If negative: Apply Arming Sword to wires.

Both ways: Apply shield as defense.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 02:20:18 pm by Tiruin »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #8689 on: October 16, 2012, 02:02:22 pm »

Out, out! Drag Stacy along!
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8690 on: October 16, 2012, 02:06:50 pm »

"THAT COULD HAVE GONE MUCH WORSE, THOUGH. I'M NOT SURE HOW EXACTLY, AND I'M SURE I DON'T WANT TO FIND OUT."
Quickly type out the message and send it:
Quote from: Bulletin from Stacy Buttle to everyone
Good day to you all. I'm sending this message to tell you that the recreation room is full of wires and also on fire.
Your friend, servant and unsuspecting poet,
Stacy Buttle
He turns to Gorat and says "PLEASE DON'T DO THAT AGAIN."
Make a break for the nearest exit, using my manipulator to create holes (once again, not solid, just circular lines) in impassable bits of the wire jungle. And the door as well, if it dares to impede us.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #8691 on: October 16, 2012, 02:08:37 pm »

(I thought I didn't have my razor and suit, not that I'm complaining.)
Keep struggling.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8692 on: October 16, 2012, 02:09:34 pm »

Quote from:  To everyone
Wires from briefing room escaping to hull I think, following presently.
Dramatic chase, stay behind, avoid any electic attacks.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8693 on: October 16, 2012, 02:11:55 pm »

"I'm suspecting they're after the Tv. Or the VR. Or whatever we've left in the Rec room that we easily misplaced." Feyri continued, still staring at the mass of wires until any of her allies replied.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8694 on: October 16, 2012, 02:12:28 pm »

Jim wondered if it were possible to just grab the wires and yank whatever was controlling them out to where he was. Probably not; he had no idea if what was controlling them was even in physical contact with them. For now, he just continued attempting to melt them, current fire in the rec room be damned. The less wires this thing had at its command, the better.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8695 on: October 16, 2012, 02:13:17 pm »

"Or who is still in there."

Lars thought.  "Well, it's a wire, isn't it?  You can make electricity, can't you?  Why not turn on the saber and hit the wires with it?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8696 on: October 16, 2012, 03:29:47 pm »

Lars, I'm heading to the Rec Room to see if I can help. If you don't want whatever happened to you to happen again, I suggest you stick with someone.

Head to the (W)Rec Room with wristblade still out and grenade launcher armed with the High-EX, but not out. If I need to to get in and help, slice wires like there's no tomorrow.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8697 on: October 16, 2012, 03:58:38 pm »

Milno turns on his lamps and starts to use his rocket pods to fly around the ship at a reasonable speed, making sure to cover ground without flying over the same area and holding to the railing whenever possible. He'll try to fly towards the area of the ship perceived as immediately above and around the prisoner's section.

If anything stange happens, he activates the EMM to dodge.

"I'm out. I'll try to check the area of the hull around the prisoner's section of the ship. Since Steve thought it was the only area affected, I think it is worth a shot." Milno said.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8698 on: October 16, 2012, 04:00:39 pm »

"Holy shit. Uhhhhh, think Cog, THINK. Living wires. If the wires are "alive" then they may be seeking out a "food" item. That would logicaly be electricity, although I cannot be sure right now. Brains work on electricity, so interfering with that may cause the hallucinations. So I may have a method of attack. All it could take is one wire to mess with your brain, then the rest come and do... something. But what do they do? Drain you of electricity?"

Code: (Cog:broadcasting.) [Select]
"Hello, Cog here. I have a theory about the wires. I think they may home in on electrical energy. And if what Milno said is true,
about the wire around his neck, they may be able to interfere with the normal electrical impulses in our brains, which would explain
the hallucinations.For now I would avoid exposing the wires to electricity, and focus on finding the source of the wires.
Oh, and if you manage to find out anything, or have found out anything, I would very much like to know, so I can flesh out this theory of mine.

((I think I know how these wires work, but alas, Cog does not. Yet.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8699 on: October 16, 2012, 04:10:08 pm »

Look around in briefing room for any control panels or schematics of the ship. If there is, then review schematics of the ship, especially the wall/ceiling vent enclosures. If there isn't, see if I can jerry-rig a display screen to show things it normally doesn't, like schematics of the ship. See if there's a power on/off for anything available as well.

"I take it they did the briefings and shit in here. Did they use a console or something? Or was it one of those fucking slide-shows that says 'you, here', 'kill shit there' like back in the army. Did they even have a bloody laser pointer for that stuff?"

Ask that over comms. Look for a laser pointer while I'm playing with screens and consoles.
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 2101