_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934395 times)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: LOCKDOWN
« Reply #8310 on: October 08, 2012, 11:51:13 pm »

(( We'll see what happens. It's all in the hands of our GM now. Imagine what the force squared of all this non-lethal peer pressure would amount to through a "happy-non-killy" amp? Fortunately, Sambo isn't carrying one of them. In any case, I think Floki deserves it. With the sledge or the amp. I actually don't know how well either will work in zero-G. If I connect, I'm going backwards or spinning, it just depends by how much. If it's with the amp, I'm not even sure how much Floki will go forwards. It'll be interesting anyway.

Remember to confirm magna-boot availability every one. Walking on the roof might be fun.

Oh, and if I ever mis-spell your name, then my apologies. It's one of those blind spots I have from time to time. ))
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 11:57:36 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8311 on: October 08, 2012, 11:56:05 pm »

((It'd be amusing if the "push" propels us apart with enough force for us to slam into opposite sides of the ship and explode.
Possibly with enough force to cause catastrophic damage to the hull. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8312 on: October 09, 2012, 12:25:46 am »

((Somehow, possibly pertaining to the fact my previous character actually had to make them himself, or, at least, make a design using them, in order to actually have something approaching magboots, I don't think we have them.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8313 on: October 09, 2012, 01:51:34 am »

(( There, I changed my action. It is with the amp now. For sure. Just so we can find out what happens.
Sorry Fliko. :P
))
It's a game. Have fun.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #8314 on: October 09, 2012, 02:48:13 am »

Aid the doctor in his diabolical experiments, while repeatedly exclaiming "It's alive! ALIVE!!!" and laughing hysterically.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8315 on: October 09, 2012, 03:10:18 am »

Jim attempted to move back toward the Rec Room.

(Why do I suddenly have the feeling that nothing we do here actually matters? >.> To clarify, I don't know why, but the whole TV thing just makes me feel like it's some thing where it's like 'oh dude the whole crew might die but you can't ACTUALLY fail' kind of event. I'm not saying I'm not going to be doing anything, just noting that.)
(I suppose you could just sit around and wait then, if you feel like wagering your life against my sadism.)

You use your massive arms  to hold on to both sides of the hall and make your way back to the rec room, finally stopping yourself by performing a flying hug into Feyri.

"Dang, I haven't felt this way since they enrolled me into the program. Well, you can't teach an old dog new tricks, it seems. But back to the task at hand. Wait, I'm saying all this out loud, aren't I? Most unfortunate."
Move around the ship and have fun while doing so.
"Whee! I can't believe I've never been in zero-g before! Strangest thing ever, I dare say!"
Keep an eye out for suspicious activity in the hallways. Unusual suspicious activity. Perhaps some rogue modern art installations?
You use a combination of futile swimming motions, shoving yourself off teammates and crawling along the walls to look around the hall between the Rec room and the armory.  You don't see anything terribly out of place, however there is something odd. The door to the hanger is closed; you could have sworn it was open a moment ago, when Jim came out.

((Just noticed Jim seems to have had the same idea as me.

And Word of God apparently tells us Faith is really...distracting.))

After staring at the TV for some time, Milno remembers his experiment and decides to check on the abandoned airlock. Maybe it had something to do with the obliteration of that prosthetic...The people will probably say so if something else goes on with the TV.

"Hey, if something else happens in the screen, do tell me." he says to no one in particular before leaving for the airlock.

Check the airlock and examine the remains of the prosthetic arm, noting if it still seems to have the same amount of metal as it had before it was destroyed or if there is anything wrong or odd about the remains. Use small bursts of the rocket pods if needed.

Upon meeting Jim along the way, Milno points to the rec room:
"Jim, something in the TV, you better go check on it. Warn me if something else happens there."
You head toward the Hanger and it's airlock, passing Stacy on the way, and through the closed Hanger doors. You make your way into the airlock with short bursts of exhaust and take a look at the arm. It looks fairly benign, the same way you left it, just a pile of scrap metal and synthetic muscle. Hmm.
((Well anailater time to become an Einsteinian hero!))
"Can't even sleep for one f£&@ing minute time to either get my revenge or get some respect"
To the rec room!
You reorient yourself after floating out of bed and wiggle your way to the rec room, joining the slowly growing group of crewmates hanging around in front of the television.

No responses yet. Perhaps it's really the painting...

"You! Drop the ..."

As the gravity ceases, Gorat tries to catch himself and continues.

"... or rather, let it float away! The painting! I'll destroy it![color]"

When he lets go of the painting, cover it in a sheet of heat.
You stare at the painter, attempting to tap your foot in mid air while slowly spinning upside down. This proves very difficult.
Father Lars draws but a single conclusion.

"Truly this is a vision of our God Steve!  All hail!"

Prostate self as best possible in 0g in front of the TV.
You prostrate yourself in front of the tv. And then the couch. And then a wall. And then the ceiling. Turns out it's hard to prostrate yourself in zero-g and remain in one place. On the upside, WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. 
"I'll go conscious. That way if shit really goes weird I can tell you. Plus, I don't like the thought of going to sleep and never waking up. Oh and muscle, can you get word to the inmates about that anomaly possibly being able to fuck with circuits. You robuts could get shut down if you got too close.

Be conscious.
"Ah, Always more fun."
The Doctor exposes your chest and gives you a shot of local anesthetic before cutting a hole just beneath your sternum and unceremoniously dropping the lump of flesh in.  He closes you up with some sort of glue like substance, double checks your restraints and then heads for the door.

"This will take a bit. Feel free to talk to this robot between the pain spasms." He says on his way out. "Oh and assistant, If he breaks free and starts rampaging or otherwise causing problems, blow his legs off or something. I don't care, your choice."

You're about to offer a rather feeble complaint when you're entire body locks up, every muscle straining against the bone as though to break you in half.
(I thought Victor (?) was able to crawl around inside the walls before?  I wanted to go in the same way he did.)

Blinking, Mesk addresses the assembled convicts.
"...huh.  Well then.  Looks to me like someone - or something - in a nearby spaceship is causing this anomaly, and we're picking up its transmissions.  Who wants to go EVA with me and look for this thing?"
Make sure it's actually possible to EVA safely around the Sword before getting suited up to go.
(You probably should have said "Use ceiling vent to get into the air ducts then, rather then just "Get into wall")

Ok. How exactly do  you want to go about making sure it's safe?
"Damn it. Is this really something we can deal with?"

Float over to the TV. Examine the image in more detail.
You float over to the tv, doing your best to stop near it without actually just slamming into it. The picture on the screen isn't very clear but it looks like the monitors are displaying warnings, warnings about low oxygen and fuel.
Simus groans, in a slightly weaker voice, saying:

This is not good. Null gee does not play nicely with human physiology until we adapt.

... Everyone should remember Newton's third law of motion now, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. So, unless you want to go spinning, don't punch someone if you don't have a secure grip.

Push over towards the TV and examine it in more detail. If it's on, it may be important.
You join faith in her examinations and notice the warnings on the screens as well. It's hard to tell if the image is actually a video or just a still image, there's no sign of movement.
Thomas stands from the couch, stumbling a bit as he stares at the TV, an incredulous expression on his face.
"What. The. Hell. Is. That?"
Investigate image on TV, set a camera up to record it. Try to intuit age of recording, where the signal is coming from, as well as any other hints. Look around for anything else strange.
((Can we see the map again?))
You there aren't any cameras around save for those on the helmets of people wearing anything more then pants, at least none you see.
[intuition:4+1]
You have no idea where the signal is coming from, but judging by what you can see of the space suit and the design of the cockpit you're willing to bet it's old. Very old.
(( Oh... Is it me, or the '[censored]' is finally 'happening'?
Well, whatever is happening, I am truly sorry for the guys on the mission. And for us 'Doc's toys' who are 'lucky' enough to stay in safety. ))
Reply to Father Lars:
Locked in a gladiatorial fight with Doc's protégé, otherwise fine. Apparently in control of my body again, if that was what you wanted to know. How bad is it out there?
IF I get alive out of this, I'll try to get to help you with the anomaly investigation. Unlikely.
Oh, and I'm in need of your advice again, but that'll wait, I suppose. ;- )
#Sanctor

Steve, are we inside or outside of the locked area? If outside, is it still possible somehow for us to join our 'mates out there? Like, enter through an airlock or something like that?
You get no reply.
May gently slips out of the VR.

"Wait...what....guys?.........WHICH OF YOU BITCH-ASS NIGGAS TURNED OFF MY SEX?"

Yell at everyone, observe what's going on.
You scream about your sudden lack of lesbian shenanigans until you abruptly notice that you're floating.  Um...well this is new.
"Blast it, this isn't good, I'm weaponless.", Kyle cursed. Typing on his wristpad, he sent a message to the group, "Does anyone have a microwave field manipulator I could borrow? If you're worried about it returning in usable condition, I can pay for it with tokens."

If anyone will lend/sell me a MFM, take it. Regardless, then bound over to my locker (keeping in mind the null G) and put on my helmet/any other parts of my suit I might need.
You head toward the Hanger, traveling slow and unsure through the halls, until you reach the doors. You spot milno heading into the hanger as the doors close behind him and attempt to follow, only to find the doors shut tight and seemingly impervious to your attempts to open them.
Ooooof course. Just when things are starting to look up.

"Uh...Buckler. Stand down"

Travis maneuvers down the halls, carrying Buckler with him. He examines the area he arrived on the ship, the stasis area. What did it look like? Were the systems on? Anything strange going on around there....
You get on Buckler's back and ride him down the hall, surprised at the efficiency with which he navigates the zero-g environment. You steer him to the Barracks and the adjoining stasis pods area in particular. The actual pods themselves, normally part of a mechanical track that would bring a new pod out of somewhere in stasis storage every now and again, are hidden behind some sort of metal shutter. Other then the pods and a box of clothing, it seems very empty and uninteresting in here.

((Can we still introduce characters? Just curious.))
(un)fortunately you're not perma-dead yet, so you can't have another character for now. However, if you really REALLY want to, someone could always just blow your current dead but not perma-dead brain into salsa and then you could make a new character.

Sambo punches/pushes Fliko gently with the kinetic amp in the right shoulder, pushing in the direction of the Rec room. He then turns off the kinetic amp, makes his way to the locker room mindful of the zero G, puts on his suit and goes back to the corridor outside the Rec room.

He turns on the kinetic amp, and while checking the television a bit, he mostly keeps on eye out on any movement in the corridor or adjoining room entrances.

"Balls of steel!!! Didn't feel a thing. Pinko's gonna cop it when this is over though", Sambo thinks to himself.

I say, "I'll keep an eye out on the corridor. Can someone record what's on telly?", over radio comms to all inmates.
[dex:6]
[Scrambles dex:4]
[uncon:2]
You attempt to kinetically shove the guy out of the way, but end up hitting him with a part of the amp other then the impact plate. You both go drifting off in opposite directions. Feeling a bit silly, you head toward the lockers but find the hanger doors sealed tight.
Spoiler: What we know (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Known inventories (click to show/hide)

Glad to see you're still quite able, Feyri. Your stuff is in your locker, in case you didn't get my memo.

"I did- erm, Simus, was it? Thank you for returning them."

((piecewise, requesting inventory confirmation if what I've listed is correct.))

She grabbed onto the nearest entity that wasn't her teammates as the gravity shifted, gritting her teeth as the annoyance of the environment increased.

"Hello? Anyone else with suits, please re- ahh, forget it. I'll be using the wristpad."

Quote from: Transmission
Greetings everyone,

As you know, we're in deep trouble. If it's alright, I request everyone to work together for this, drop any existing feuds with whomever harmed you before, and calm down for our sakes. We're in this together, whether you like it or not, one for all and all for one. We've got a limited time span and whoever has any knowledge of anomalic properties, please do say.

Now we're cut off from the back of the Infirmary, the Armory, and the Lab. This includes the door from the briefing room to the rest of the ship -- we're stranded, in other words.

I believe we should keep in regular contact upon finds. Set your suits to auto-transmit what you're all seeing, if possible.

--Feyri Nirel

((@sambojin: Are you actually hitting Floki with your kinetic amp on? Even a small poke with a kinetic amp may kill, you know. And if you happen to do it, Jim will kill you for the matter of enforcing order on the ship. Good luck with Jim, you'll need it. :D ))
((I'm the next person in line, now that I'm back.  >:())
(looks right to me, also you're only cut off from the back of the infirmary, not the whole infirmary.)
((@GM: If I remember correctly, Renen and Maurice were in the back of the infirmary, so are we locked while chaos is taking place outside.))

We must see what will happen if any of us die. Steve, can the Doc or the Staff bring someone back to life on the ship while this is happening?

If Renen is not locked at the back of the infirmary, go to the Rec. Room, taking Maurice with.

Let's wait for the response. Meanwhile let me introduce myself properly. I'm Renen, a common citizen who was sent to the HMRC due to a small mistake. Who are you?
You guys are in the back of the infirmary, so you're cut off from the rest of the group, though still in lockdown.
Floki scowled at the still-standing Sambo, then split his face in a grin. "Guess ya don't have much down there ta hurt, eh? I shou--" He trailed off swiftly as gravity suddenly turned itself off, sending him floating ceiling-wards in confusion.
"...The fuck? I've been here a few minutes an'... Ugh."
He shook his head and tried to grab for some protusion from the corridoor walls.

>Attempt to avoid kinetic push.

>Grab onto something to steady myself in the sudden zero-G. Possibly an air vent or similiar.

You grab hold of the doorframe of the armory as you slowly drift away from the guy you hit in the nuts with a meat tenderizer. So this is happening.
Aid the doctor in his diabolical experiments, while repeatedly exclaiming "It's alive! ALIVE!!!" and laughing hysterically.
You point and laugh like a madman as Cog twitches and generally spasms on the bed. Oh, it's good to see someone besides yourself have a shitty day for once.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: October 09, 2012, 03:15:47 am »

(( See, I told you it would be gently :)  ))
It's a game. Have fun.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8317 on: October 09, 2012, 03:17:11 am »

Jim let go of Feyri, now being not the time, the place, or the atmosphere for such a thing, and investigated the rec room - starting by checking the TV Milno had mentioned - unless asked to do otherwise.

(Missing doesn't count. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8318 on: October 09, 2012, 03:31:44 am »

"Hey, everyone. Anyone that has not been in a suit yet is not ever going to be in a suit until this shit is over. They're all in the hanger and the hanger door is sealed. Fuck. I guess those lucky sods already with suits on can try and stop all the air being vented while we try and help them not get bored to death in space. What's happening on the TV? I'll stand guard near the Armoury door, I can see pretty much every way down the corridors in this area then."

"Fliko, take a swing again at me and the next push will be a punch."

Go back to corner by Armoury door. Keep a watch along both major corridors watching for any activity. Watch out for Floki. If he hits me or attempts to, change tactics to "Punch Floki in the head with kinetic amp, very hard."

edit: Gee I'm bad with names.

(( note: I'm only defending myself. This isn't a challenge or anything Yoink. We can happily fight this out after stuff is restored to normal. It's your call. Go about your business peacefully, or have a very good chance at instant death if you attack Sambo a third time. ))
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 03:51:22 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8319 on: October 09, 2012, 03:46:34 am »

'Fliko?' Floki scowled, silently pondering the mispronounciation of his name as he struggled to make his way down the corridor. 'Guess teaching that twat a lesson can wait. Kinda hard to smack someone around when you're floating through the air...'

So thinking, he started to make his way back towards the kitchen, pulling himself along via whatever handholds he could find along the wall.

>Make way back to the kitchen(using handholds along the hallway), search the place for any cutting tools.
Booze is Life for Yoink

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8320 on: October 09, 2012, 03:48:54 am »

(( Cheers, Sambo might be a bit of a gruff bugger, but he didn't really want to actually kill a crew member. Well, he kind of did. A hit to the nuts with a meat tenderizer will overcome the most restrained individual's temper. That was pretty anti-climatic really. Bags a decent fight with Floki once we're either safe, saved or whatever. ))
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 03:51:00 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8321 on: October 09, 2012, 03:58:16 am »

(@Sambo: Also, just wanted to say everyone threatening to sic me on you is somewhat wrong. I'll only go after people who are attempting to severely injure or otherwise screw over other PCs on purpose. :P If someone attacks you outside of a duel or sparring or whatever, you should be/feel free to defend yourself, and even if I disapprove of disproportionate retaliation if he gets killed over it it's kinda his fault for starting it. Now, if you were to do something like attempt to set off a 1/8th nuke in self defense, that would endanger other people as well, and then there'd be a problem. Just letting everyone else know there is a line, here.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8322 on: October 09, 2012, 04:04:25 am »

(( Yeah, no worries. Sambo might be military tough, but that doesn't mean he goes picking fights amongst the crew just because he can. But as a third-time-unlucky thing, extreme force can be used in my opinion. Plenty of leeway was given, plenty of warning as well. I'm glad Yoink didn't try anything though. Blood on my hands is fine, but preferably alien blood. Or crazy, possessed, killer crew blood. Anyway, my "special negotiation tactic" worked, even without a tank. Woohoo for a low unconventional roll.
Anyway, order is restored for now. Yaaayyyyyy!))
It's a game. Have fun.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8323 on: October 09, 2012, 04:17:43 am »

((Wat. I... Usually don't do much OOC chattering, but I have to point out: Floki didn't exactly forgive Sambo, he just postponed teaching him a lesson. :P Because A: We have more important things to deal with right now, and B: It's kinda hard to beat someone up in zero-G. Also I have a totally awesome plan in mind.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8324 on: October 09, 2012, 04:40:08 am »

"Also, since the hanger doors are sealed, doesn't that normally mean that a craft is arriving or leaving? We might have some company boarding soon. Or people leaving in a hurry. Either way, I'll keep my eye on the corridor and tell you if anything happens near the hangar. They could be refugees or people suffering intense time dilation or evil alien death-bringers. It could be the chick in the armoury nipping off to get her nails done. Who knows?"

Grab on to wall and crouch down while checking both corridors for activity. In case someone comes aboard guns a'blazing.
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 2101