_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5935462 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: LOCKDOWN
« Reply #8265 on: October 08, 2012, 12:43:20 pm »

((Simus' Inventory:
  • Cybernetic Monoatomic Wristblade
  • XGL
    • High-Ex x1
    • Frag x1
    • Chem/Incendiary x1
  • Suit on

And I forget if I have anything else.))

Glad to see you're still quite able, Feyri. Your stuff is in your locker, in case you didn't get my memo.

Anyways, I recommend for anyone who doesn't want to be breathing vacuum if we don't get this done before Steve starts venting to get their suit on and seal it. Might still we may end up in space, though I'm not entirely sure how if it's just venting... but I don't really want to know, so let's get this done!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 12:48:58 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #8266 on: October 08, 2012, 01:01:38 pm »

((Gorat's inventory:
  • Microwave pk amp
  • A few tokens (5 or 6, I think)
Wasn't the painting supposed to be left in the barracks, even? Grey area indeed.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8267 on: October 08, 2012, 01:07:15 pm »

((It doesn't really matter all that much, since the only way you can see it is if you remove the tarp, and you'd have to have been looking for it if you did that.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8268 on: October 08, 2012, 01:15:30 pm »

((It doesn't really matter all that much, since the only way you can see it is if you remove the tarp, and you'd have to have been looking for it if you did that.))

((Burn the tarp with it.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8269 on: October 08, 2012, 02:03:22 pm »

((From an OOC perspective, I'm thinking that the painting is a symptom and not the cause.  Azthor's statuette is another anomaly seen, and I can't think of any connection between it and the painting other than timing.  I want to say there was something else odd that happened, but I can't recall anything specific.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8270 on: October 08, 2012, 02:14:46 pm »

((I may have an idea of where to look. If I happen to be right, then my bad in advance.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8271 on: October 08, 2012, 02:55:06 pm »

"Wh- Steve? What was that? Is everything okay?"
>It appears that your section of the ship is experiencing anomalous events. Beginning lock down. Electromagnetic shielding in place. Radiation shielding up. Locking down labs, Infirmary, and armory. Shutting down power, deactivating LS-GFM. Power systems switching to internal back up. Severing all connections to inmate section and periphery. Automatic  venting timer in place.

Find the source of the interference and eliminate it or I'll be forced to vent the prisoner section and all of you into space. You have until (Oct 31st). I'll be monitoring you remotely.

Good luck.

((I love this.))

Feyri looked at Jim with a mixture of worry and disappointment. It looks like their adventure would have to wait until this concludes.

Steve's voice broke the reality that she was experiencing, affirming the fact that what was around her wasn't still real. "Jim, I think we've to do our work now. Back to reality, I'll be waiting."

Exit VR! Head to locker and pick up anything there that was left for me. Head back to Jim.

Activate light lamps, or if there is still ambient lighting, light amps.

You run to the Hanger and gather your stuff before returning to Jim and flicking on your suit's lamps, preferring their clean white light to the flickering red of the emergency lights.
"Son of a bitch."

Follow he Doc's orders.

((Shit, did I hear that? The lockdown bit.))
(Assume everyone did.)
The doctor looks up at he ceiling for a moment before shrugging. "Never a quiet moment around here."

You lay on the bed and automated straps clamp down over your arms, legs and forehead. The doctor is standing with his back to you but you can hear some sort of strange squishing and crunching noise. After a few minutes of nothing but silence and ripping flesh he drops the twitching sample back into the container and closes it before turning to you. In one blood soaked, gloved hand he's holding something; a tiny orb of flesh, like a spider's eggsack; it pulses and churns with internal life.

"Would you prefer consciousness or unconsciousness for this?" He asks, rolling the thing in his palm. "May effect things later."
(( Am I in the armoury? It take it my bit isn't locked down, just the bit with all the weapons? Damn, I should have bought that laser rifle I was thinking of. Bugger. ))

Turn to the other guy in the armoury and ask:
"What was that? Who the hell was speaking just then? Are we under attack or was it the friggen pinkos onboard? Was it that guy that tried to hug me?"

Turn on Kinetic Amp and hold sledgehammer in other hand. Examine surroundings. Try and work out what's going on intuitively. Work out if it was the pinko that was mucking around with the dishwasher.
You turn on your kinetic amp and wield the sledgehammer in the other hand, hold it near the head to make it easier. Your surroundings are much the same as they were moments ago, just an empty room save for the armory kiosk, now hidden behind a heavy armored shutter.
[intuition: 5-1]
You can't say much about the current situation because you lack any real information, but from what you know it is probably something rather dangerous if the ship is going into lock down. And you're pretty sure idiots banging on dishwashers isn't the cause. Pretty sure.
((Oh my. :3))

"Shit! Steve, what kind of anomaly are we talking about? Can you tell us anything?"

Go to locker, put on MkII and equip kinetic amp.
You get no reply. You swear under your breath and run to the hanger, passing Feyri on the way. You dig your suit and kinetic amp out and put them both on, surprisingly comforted by the airtight safety of the suit.
"Oh. Well, that's alright, I suppose."
Analyze the ship's layout and try to think of someplace likely to house evil alien presences (trying to imply intelligence roll).
Get my MKI from the locker and put it on.

((Well, at least we're not nearly as screwed as the people on mission. Also, pretty lucky I got that gauss rifle.))
You get your suit from your locker, strip off and put it on, trying to ignore faith, who is doing the same thing. You shake your head and focus on trying to think about the situation.
[int:1+1]
Every time you try to think about the situation all you get is a mental face full of Faith.

"Stupid sexy Faith." You mutter to yourself. 
Go to where I last saw the strangely fascinating, yet beautiful statuette
You head to the hall between the rec room and Armory but the statue is still missing and there's no sign of where it went or what it did.

Milno sighs. When he has some time to test and try his options of purchase, something like that just has to happen.

Walk around the allowed area looking for anything strange. The anomaly probably isn't hard to find in such a limited space.
You start a thorough inspection of the ship, looking first in the armory and then heading to the rec room. You search around in the rec room, stopping for a moment to stare at Lars' shrine and then looking under the couch. You don't find anything. 
"For the love of... it was just starting to get good!"
Mesk strips off the VR equipment and looks around irritably.  "Who's going to go look for this anomaly?  I have a simulated planet I need to get back to cracking!"
"Well... interference, huh?  Well, you all can look around out here, I'm gonna check inside the walls."
Get inside the walls and explore around a bit.
You hop out of the vr machine and proceed to walk into the wall repeatedly for several minutes, bashing into it like a blind roomba.

You begin to wonder if perhaps some part of your brain forgot to tell the rest of it what the fuck it's trying to do.
Strip out of the VR suite and get my suit on.

Time to get to work.

Start canvassing the ship for anything out of place, other than the idiot meatsacks I call coworkers.
You join your crewmates in getting suited up before returning to the Rec room.
Floki was just about to pursue the fool who'd threatened him, tenderizing mallet clenched in one hand, when the emergency announcement came on over the speakers. "What... The fuck?" He came to a halt and peered around through the darkness.

"Is this a drill?" He glanced frantically up and down the corridoor. "Is this a drill?!"
Having satisfied himself that it was not, in fact, a drill; Floki charged off down the hall in the way he was already headed.
'Hah, gives me a good opportunity, I guess..,'

>Chase down that twerp who threatened to "smash my head through that dishwasher" and hit him in the groin with my tenderizing mallet.

>Then try and work out what's going on.

You run around, mallet in hand, till you find the guy in the armory.
[dex:5]
[sambo dex:3]
[str:2]
You club him right in the groin with the mallet but he seems completely unfazed.
"****. **** **** ****!"

If we still have wristpad communications, send out the following to everyone:

>Report any unusual events in our section in the recent time and their location.
>Anomalous (psychotropic?) painting, caused at least one attempted murder. Last known location rec room.

Then set out to find said painting, or failing that, the painter.

(Everyone has their wristpad all the time unless they do something specific to remove or deactivate. )

You send out your message and promptly start racing about the ship, looking for the painter and his...thing...until you find him and what you assume is the painting in the armory.
((My statue is the Avatar of Steve, crafted out of bits of the old couch.  A design born of madness, probably, but I doubt there's anything eldritch involved.  It's in the rec room if you feel like a bit of worship.  Which sounds like a good idea!))

Hearing the announcement, a look of panic crossed Brother Lars' face for an instant, but religious training kicked in quickly.

"Hear, all, the geas that our lord Steve has put upon us all!  We must find and purge this evil influence, or the prophecy of doom will come to pass!"

Preach above-listed fire and brimstone, then prostrate self in front of altar.
You spew hellfire before flopping down in front of your altar, mumbling to yourself in prayer. A prayer that includes copious swearing.
Lars thought for a second.

"I assume it does not, though I can't say for sure.  Last I saw, he was being carried into the back of the infirmary by a large robot.  I'll see if I can contact him."

Also attempt to send wristpad message to Maurice:  "This is Father Lars.  Are you well?"
You send your message and wait for a reply.
Look for anything that seems out of place near the VR stations.
You don't see anything that looks more abnormal than the usual abnormal.
(Jim's inventory is a Microwave Amp, a Manipulation Amp, an ExoWep Decompensator (1/3 chance of turning six or above into a five), a cutlass, a long reiterpallasch, the permanent painkiller, and two tokens. Also, someone mind telling Jim about the painting so I can burn it from a distance with my amp? :P Right now he's just looking around the rec roo-ah shit I'd better change my action before he accidentally looks at it. >.>)

Jim begins his investigations in the abandoned airlock.
You head to the abandoned airlock and find it's only contents to be a badly torn apart robotic arm. Huh.

(your coms and wristpad communications still work, unless otherwise noted)

Somewhere deep in the bowels of the ship, far beyond the convict section, something rumbles and then goes quiet. All at once the gravity in the convict section of the ship evaporates and everything not firmly attached to the ground (VR's and the like) begins to float gently through the air. Men and women lose their footing and drift helplessly until they find a surface to hold onto. The television, now floating, tethered by it's cords like a balloon, flicks on. Everyone in the rec room turns to watch as the heavy static melts and reforms, focusing into an image: It looks like a cockpit of some kind, a wall of consoles and monitors displaying outside views, sections of a ship and navigational and system data. Seated in front of the consoles, nothing but a shadow blocking their light, is a chair. The smooth curve of a fishbowl style space helmet is just visible above the top of the back of the chair, it's reflective surface glowing dimly in the light of the monitors. Their's a hint of arms on the armrests, just sliver of their outlines, of a heavy spacesuit. 

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8272 on: October 08, 2012, 02:58:09 pm »

Jim attempted to move back toward the Rec Room.

(Why do I suddenly have the feeling that nothing we do here actually matters? >.> To clarify, I don't know why, but the whole TV thing just makes me feel like it's some thing where it's like 'oh dude the whole crew might die but you can't ACTUALLY fail' kind of event. I'm not saying I'm not going to be doing anything, just noting that.)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 03:11:09 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8273 on: October 08, 2012, 03:05:47 pm »

"Dang, I haven't felt this way since they enrolled me into the program. Well, you can't teach an old dog new tricks, it seems. But back to the task at hand. Wait, I'm saying all this out loud, aren't I? Most unfortunate."
Move around the ship and have fun while doing so.
"Whee! I can't believe I've never been in zero-g before! Strangest thing ever, I dare say!"
Keep an eye out for suspicious activity in the hallways. Unusual suspicious activity. Perhaps some rogue modern art installations?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8274 on: October 08, 2012, 03:07:47 pm »

((Just noticed Jim seems to have had the same idea as me.

And Word of God apparently tells us Faith is really...distracting.))

After staring at the TV for some time, Milno remembers his experiment and decides to check on the abandoned airlock. Maybe it had something to do with the obliteration of that prosthetic...The people will probably say so if something else goes on with the TV.

"Hey, if something else happens in the screen, do tell me." he says to no one in particular before leaving for the airlock.

Check the airlock and examine the remains of the prosthetic arm, noting if it still seems to have the same amount of metal as it had before it was destroyed or if there is anything wrong or odd about the remains. Use small bursts of the rocket pods if needed.

Upon meeting Jim along the way, Milno points to the rec room:
"Jim, something in the TV, you better go check on it. Warn me if something else happens there."
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 03:25:30 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8275 on: October 08, 2012, 03:20:08 pm »

((Well anailater time to become an Einsteinian hero!))
"Can't even sleep for one f£&@ing minute time to either get my revenge or get some respect"
To the rec room!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8276 on: October 08, 2012, 03:27:54 pm »

"Right. I'm heading there anyway."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #8277 on: October 08, 2012, 03:31:46 pm »

No responses yet. Perhaps it's really the painting...

"You! Drop the ..."

As the gravity ceases, Gorat tries to catch himself and continues.

"... or rather, let it float away! The painting! I'll destroy it![color]"

When he lets go of the painting, cover it in a sheet of heat.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8278 on: October 08, 2012, 03:34:23 pm »

Father Lars draws but a single conclusion.

"Truly this is a vision of our God Steve!  All hail!"

Prostate self as best possible in 0g in front of the TV.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8279 on: October 08, 2012, 03:39:33 pm »

"I'll go conscious. That way if shit really goes weird I can tell you. Plus, I don't like the thought of going to sleep and never waking up. Oh and muscle, can you get word to the inmates about that anomaly possibly being able to fuck with circuits. You robuts could get shut down if you got too close.

Be conscious.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 2101