_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930626 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: LOCKDOWN
« Reply #8235 on: October 08, 2012, 04:01:11 am »

(Maybe, but... the post was so completely unrelated to what you, I, and Irony were talking about - the time-based event that will, y'know, kill all of us if we don't solve it - that it just greatly confused me. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #8236 on: October 08, 2012, 04:02:01 am »

Hook up to the VR and load up a deer hunting game.

((Okay, I didn't really read the preceding posts before posting this action. I guess it isn't going to work. Wasn't I still in the infirmary by any chance? In that case...))

Stay the fuck put and wait out (enjoy) the unfolding of disastrous events.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8237 on: October 08, 2012, 04:40:51 am »

(( Anyway, sorries. I didn't really want to sound harsh, or railroad anyone into doing or not doing anything. I just have sort of realized that the On Ship thread should probably be about character building, roleplaying, and maybe doing some useful stuff. Not expanding the universe with our massive dwarf-sized brains, just mucking around, trying to get free junk, asking how stuff works (or testing it), or going off on our own private adventure in Crazy-town. Unless it's really funny, character building, team-building (or hating) or actually useful.
Plus we've got a killer magic thing to deal with, a murder-inducing picture, something else probably, plus the fridge and the dishwasher is rooted. And I've only been here for a few turns. What the hell did you do wrong? It wasn't me. I'm about to cop an attempted mallet-to-the-groin anyway. And I've got bigger problems than that....... ))

Edit: I didn't even know we HAD a fridge or a dishwasher until recently. We can make some assumptions. It's the future. The beer is cold and the dishes got done, all without a single word said. We've even got toilets. But it would have to be pretty humourous for it to be worthwhile typing up a trip to the toilet. Toilet humour is a challenge, even for the best RTDs. Potty-mouth is fine though.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 04:56:37 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8238 on: October 08, 2012, 04:59:20 am »

((I confess I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but... You're not saying people should cut down on the amounts of silliness that go on onboard the ship, are you? ??? I'm quite fond of the shenanigans that take place 'round here, personally.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8239 on: October 08, 2012, 05:09:50 am »

(( Nah. Shennanigans are fine. Steve just brought out his broom. We're now all fucked.
It'll be fun regardless. ))
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 05:12:14 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #8240 on: October 08, 2012, 05:43:05 am »

"****. **** **** ****!"

If we still have wristpad communications, send out the following to everyone:

>Report any unusual events in our section in the recent time and their location.
>Anomalous (psychotropic?) painting, caused at least one attempted murder. Last known location rec room.

Then set out to find said painting, or failing that, the painter.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8241 on: October 08, 2012, 05:56:27 am »

Put on the gloves and the goggles, then stick the iv drip in my arm.

((VR's aren't working right now, the entire section is on lockdown remember?))

(I missed a few pages of update, so I just searched for 'Azthor' and  didn't read about the event. Edited)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 06:00:39 am by Azthor »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8242 on: October 08, 2012, 06:34:18 am »

((Would you people stop saying how "we're all fucked" and all that trash? It was funny once, but the mentality is demoralizing. Basically, that's just quitting out of an event that affects the entirety of the playerbase out-of-mission. And that comes along as a bad idea.

Anyway, we're all in the same sector of the ship, aye? Hows about we band up together. We are cut off from all amenities of futuristic electricity, only working with what we have in our suits and current loadout and our brains. So let's use them in this surprise event, please? No. Quitters.))

Feyri mulled over the recent events as she moved from the VR machines, anxiety forming in her heart as she wondered what in this universe could penetrate the Paracelsus' Sword and cause all these.

Spoiler: What we know (click to show/hide)

Everyone she knew - which meant everyone from the first and third mission, minus Bishop - would be killed, including countless other 'inmates' who she didn't know. The infirmary was open, but it's backdoor where the usual operations are was closed. The armory was down, so the AM couldn't help them nor could they requisition any new devices.

She wondered what was an LS-GFM or how they would work together -- perhaps their suit's radio systems still worked? Steve was offline, so there was no communication from him other than remote monitoring.

Sighing, she tried her comm. Hearing her own voice through the light static.

"This is Feyri Nirel, is there anyone receiving this message? If so, I request a meet in the Recreation Room for all inmates within comm reach. We need to meet up to find out what is causing all this. Over."
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 06:36:05 am by Tiruin »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #8243 on: October 08, 2012, 06:58:38 am »

((If Gorat weren't so hung up on the painting, I would have tried calling a meeting in the rec room.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8244 on: October 08, 2012, 07:17:24 am »

((For those of you wondering how this could be Timmy - the Doctor took the sphere and put it who knows where. Possibly in the hands of some other researcher. Now, this would be all fine and good, but you might notice in the mission thread that when Timmy was, shall we say, relocated in the mental sense and spent subjective eons watching imaginary TV, the description had an interesting detail:

For what seems countless thousands of years you play reruns in your head, the show gradually deteriorating in your mind until every scene and episode is just a morose wailing or insane giggling. Somewhere deep in the fragmented, television addled remnants of your mind you hope that someone else will someday touch that orb and that you might escape back into the waking world, to spread the joys of your new madness.

"Cue the laugh track, boys."

((So it could be Timmy himself if somebody touched the orb. And really, most of the negativity seems to come from the people on-mission, and I reiterate, they are far more screwed than we. Worst case scenario, all of us get vented outside and we have to use Milno and Jim as makeshift transportation to the nearest planet - the quiet planet, for instance, which can't be that far.))
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:23:51 am by Harry Baldman »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8245 on: October 08, 2012, 08:27:37 am »

((Here's something that I'm just throwing out:

What was up with that strange small statue in the corridor that someone touched and that Steve couldn't see and was gone when the person who touched it turned back around? Pretty weird huh?))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8246 on: October 08, 2012, 08:40:20 am »

((Here's something that I'm just throwing out:

What was up with that strange small statue in the corridor that someone touched and that Steve couldn't see and was gone when the person who touched it turned back around? Pretty weird huh?))
((First thought when I read about it (search: statue = Either Toaster did it, or Azthor met it) it must be the cause of the anomaly or...well, what is wrong with our inmates being able to fashion anomalies like they were clay?!

Nah, I don't think Toaster did it.))

Edit:

((Yep, Azthor. First sighting; And then some

So...looking at our basic map of the Paracelsus' Sword...which hall are we talking about? Oh right, the one going from the Rec room to...well, I'm guessing the Infirmary?

He starts standing, Steve says VR, then he heads to the VR via bolded action, Hello Statue. Note: Steve didn't say anything about seeing it, or not seeing it, because Steve didn't reply  :-\

Though this is all speculation. Let's do this, vets!))
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 08:49:35 am by Tiruin »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8247 on: October 08, 2012, 09:09:56 am »

((My statue is the Avatar of Steve, crafted out of bits of the old couch.  A design born of madness, probably, but I doubt there's anything eldritch involved.  It's in the rec room if you feel like a bit of worship.  Which sounds like a good idea!))

Hearing the announcement, a look of panic crossed Brother Lars' face for an instant, but religious training kicked in quickly.

"Hear, all, the geas that our lord Steve has put upon us all!  We must find and purge this evil influence, or the prophecy of doom will come to pass!"

Preach above-listed fire and brimstone, then prostrate self in front of altar.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8248 on: October 08, 2012, 09:12:04 am »

((So I'm guessing Father Lars is in the Rec room))

Feyri heard the voice, more like a sonorous speaker who was used to persuasive methods of speech, and decided to approach him.

"Hello there, sir. That's quite a nice...design of Steve? Erm, anything wrong there?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8249 on: October 08, 2012, 09:20:59 am »

((I was in the outer (prisoner-side) infirmary.  I tried to follow Lukas/Maurice back, but got a door shut in my face.  I figure a quick walk like that doesn't need specific actioning.))

Lars nodded to the lady approaching him.

"Hello, sister.  I am Brother Lars, a humble priest of Steve.  Yes, a divine being such as the great Steve needed a worthy altar.  It is good that we have it now in this time of trial and tribulation."

"Steve has put a task in front of us, and it would be wise to comply, lest we feel his wrath."

Lars gestureed at the commandments that he had carved on the walls on the Rec Room.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 2101