_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938781 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Kinder Surpise of Death
« Reply #5625 on: August 21, 2012, 04:44:19 pm »

((I hope Timmy doesn't lose those cool powers. Without them, I'll only have the sword to kill stuff with, and that'll only last a short while.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5626 on: August 21, 2012, 05:34:40 pm »

".... . -.-- / ... - . ...- . / .... --- .-- / -- ..- -.-. .... / .--. ..- -. .. ... .... -- . -. - / -.. --- / -.-- --- ..- / - .... .. -. -.- / -- -.-- / -. . .-- / ... -.- .. -. / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / -... . / .- -... .-.. . / - --- / - .- -.- . .-.-.- /"

((Hey Steve, how much punishment do you think my new skin will be able to take?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5627 on: August 21, 2012, 05:41:20 pm »

The armory master uses her 10 tokens to buy a labcoat for herself, a tranquilizer rifle and enough generic law enforcement outfits for the team as well as a bullhorn and several hundred syringes of saline. Before insertion she has the team link all their cameras together to give each member 9 little picture in picture screens of the feeds from other members. Upon insertion she immediately makes announcements around the town about a dangerous disease outbreak and assures the citizens that the team is there to evacuate, inoculate and search their homes for the source of the disease. Things get rather hectic as the killer attempts to take control of several people but tranquilizer darts and physical restraining from team members keep things moving with the sudden violence explained away as temporary dementia caused by the disease.

The armory master then stays behind an tests each civilian by injecting them with saline in the stomach and "Examining them for signs of infection" while the rest of the team searches the houses. Over the course of the search 3 members of the team as well as several more members of the public are controlled, forcing execution and traquilization respectively. The search ends when the Killer is found in an attic. He overloads his own amp, killing himself and burning the minds of 2 more team members, but the mission ends in success.

"Wow, she's good. Next time there's a mission with that many known variables, I'm definitely going to run it as a simulation to see the armory master's tactics. Anyway, I'm curious as to the weaponry she uses... and how effectively..."

Armory master vs Arbiter of Peace, the former with whatever equipment she desires, the latter with... whatever arbiters are normally equipped with. Run the simulation under varying conditions... 4 with the AM having the element of surprise, 4 with both knowing of the other's existence somewhere in the battlefield but without line of sight, and 1 straight up deathmatch where they spawn roughly 20 feet away from each other. Use random small villages with varying levels of cover, and a couple with civillians involved.

(Anyone want to bet tokens on who wins this? Personally I'm guessing the armory master.)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 05:59:03 pm by Nicholas1024 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5628 on: August 21, 2012, 05:44:49 pm »

(Anyone want to bet tokens on who wins this? Personally I'm guessing the armory master.)
((Can't take sides, but you could run it like Deadliest Warrior: try 10 battles and check the winners. I have the impression they may vary.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5629 on: August 21, 2012, 05:55:36 pm »

((Depends on who sees who first - the first spotter would be the winner, I think. The AoP is fast enough to close the distance to an unsuspecting AM and horribly murder her, while an adequately informed and protected AM is pretty much invulnerable. Although the kinetic cudgel might prove hard to handle.))

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5630 on: August 21, 2012, 05:59:51 pm »

((Adjusted the simulation details slightly, thanks for the ideas. And honestly, I suspect that even in a straight up fight, the armory master could do something.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5631 on: August 21, 2012, 06:07:30 pm »

((Adjusted the simulation details slightly, thanks for the ideas. And honestly, I suspect that even in a straight up fight, the armory master could do something.))
((I think the element of surprise may be very important here. The AoP can probably move, almost literally, in the blink of an eye to the back of an unsuspecting AM. And if her shunt acts a like the normal ones, she needs at least to know the existence of a threat and raise her defenses.

Still cheering for her, though.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5632 on: August 21, 2012, 06:13:05 pm »

((It would be interesting to see what an Arbiter of Peace going all-out in a fight might be like. After all, from what I can remember, we've mostly seen Arbiters effortlessly dispatch most things in a moment.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5633 on: August 21, 2012, 06:24:23 pm »

((My guess is on AM, but not by much. We've never really seen either of them fighting full force, and I'm guessing AM mainly because her abilities seem more peculiar.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5634 on: August 21, 2012, 06:26:53 pm »

((My first guess would be the AM, mainly since she seems to be one of Pee-Dub's favourite NPCs, ;) but then this is just a VR projection of her, so it could go either way! *grabs popcorn* ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5635 on: August 21, 2012, 06:49:07 pm »

((I'm going to go for the arbiter. Just to go against the grain.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: August 21, 2012, 07:38:06 pm »

((Does the AM like any of the inmates? Or are they all the same garbage to her?))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5637 on: August 21, 2012, 07:42:47 pm »

((No. You have zero respect from the Armory Master unless you deserve it. I think Milno might have some respect. Might.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: August 21, 2012, 07:51:32 pm »

((No. You have zero respect from the Armory Master unless you deserve it. I think Milno might have some respect. Might.))
((Well, liking someone dosen't mean respecting them. Plus, that's exactly what I mean. Does she like people like Milno?))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5639 on: August 21, 2012, 08:21:03 pm »

> Laser Rifle, a few batteries, Emergency Kit
> Front Lines
The screen distorts and you appear huddled in a trench, wearing nothing but the unisex pants and shirt you are on the ship, clutching your rifle in both hands. You're not in the simulation more then a few seconds before you hear a sound like a melon being crushed and the upper third of a man flies over you, coating you in blood and viscera. To your left a handful of men are manning a heavy gauss cannon mounted to a turret base, and to the left another man is screaming and pulling weakly at a foot long shard of bone sticking out of his stomach. You duck even further as you hear the wet earth behind you slosh and burst suddenly as a swarm of some unknown things embed themselves in it like machine gun bullets. All around you is the smell of blood and sweat, rot and feces, ozone and charred flesh. The air is alive with nothing but constant screaming and weapon fire; the sky burns red.

"Well, if you put it that way, I guess I can give it to you. If you don't want to get any magic on you, though, I wouldn't advise touching the surface. Then again, maybe I got all of it."
Give him the Pillowsphere.
"So, do you know anything about it?"
The doctor takes the sphere and looks at it for a moment while answering you.

"No. But I suspect the vivisection will prove enlightening." 

He places the orb in his pocket and pulls a syringe from his jacket.

"Now, lay down."

Tinker.

((What happens if you spawn in a Titan?))
(you are very cramped)

You open up tinker. The program seems to be a worktable surrounded by hovering holoscreens, all in an endless white abyss.

(here you can try things, search for items, and otherwise make things with the computer's help.)

((Whew, Timmy is out of my hands. Thank god.))

Wait around for the doctor to finish. Idly ask a nurse if this happens a lot.
"Sometimes" the nurse says, turning to leave "I guess they'll need to thaw out someone new soon."

".... . -.-- / ... - . ...- . / .... --- .-- / -- ..- -.-. .... / .--. ..- -. .. ... .... -- . -. - / -.. --- / -.-- --- ..- / - .... .. -. -.- / -- -.-- / -. . .-- / ... -.- .. -. / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / -... . / .- -... .-.. . / - --- / - .- -.- . .-.-.- /"

((Hey Steve, how much punishment do you think my new skin will be able to take?))

> I dunno. You could try shooting yourself till it hurts.

The armory master uses her 10 tokens to buy a labcoat for herself, a tranquilizer rifle and enough generic law enforcement outfits for the team as well as a bullhorn and several hundred syringes of saline. Before insertion she has the team link all their cameras together to give each member 9 little picture in picture screens of the feeds from other members. Upon insertion she immediately makes announcements around the town about a dangerous disease outbreak and assures the citizens that the team is there to evacuate, inoculate and search their homes for the source of the disease. Things get rather hectic as the killer attempts to take control of several people but tranquilizer darts and physical restraining from team members keep things moving with the sudden violence explained away as temporary dementia caused by the disease.

The armory master then stays behind an tests each civilian by injecting them with saline in the stomach and "Examining them for signs of infection" while the rest of the team searches the houses. Over the course of the search 3 members of the team as well as several more members of the public are controlled, forcing execution and traquilization respectively. The search ends when the Killer is found in an attic. He overloads his own amp, killing himself and burning the minds of 2 more team members, but the mission ends in success.

"Wow, she's good. Next time there's a mission with that many known variables, I'm definitely going to run it as a simulation to see the armory master's tactics. Anyway, I'm curious as to the weaponry she uses... and how effectively..."

Armory master vs Arbiter of Peace, the former with whatever equipment she desires, the latter with... whatever arbiters are normally equipped with. Run the simulation under varying conditions... 4 with the AM having the element of surprise, 4 with both knowing of the other's existence somewhere in the battlefield but without line of sight, and 1 straight up deathmatch where they spawn roughly 20 feet away from each other. Use random small villages with varying levels of cover, and a couple with civillians involved.

(Keep in mind that this uses the last battle records it has on her, which have her looking several years younger then she currently does.)
Victories
Surprise
1: AM
2: AM
3: AM
4: AM

Battlefield
1:AM
2:tie
3:AM
4:AM

Deathmatch
1:AM

Kinetic Shunt and automated field manipulators played a major role in the Armory master's defense. Matter manipulator Amp was main method of attack. 2 instances of nuclear fission.

Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 2101