_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934530 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Meskspotting
« Reply #4665 on: July 21, 2012, 09:43:36 am »

"You're talking about Mesk? What makes you think he will kill me? You seem pretty sure about yourself, so I think some explaination is in order.

Who are you anyway?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: July 21, 2012, 12:39:35 pm »

Hmm. Art. That could work... If I remember Earth history right lots of dumb jackasses LOVE art made by prisoners. And practically anything can be 'abstract' art. I'd better talk to the Armory Master. Jim returned to the Armory. "Sorry to bother you again, but I have three more questions. Has anyone who ever worked here sold things to the 'outside world', like fiction or memoirs or art or things of that nature? Do you sell scrap metal, preferably a lot for cheap? And finally, is there anything you need done that I could take care of for you for a few tokens?" The last was even more of a longshot than the first two, but he didn't think it would hurt to ask.

(Also, Brazil makes the best guns ever.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: July 21, 2012, 12:59:01 pm »

Lars walked away from the armory master, never losing the faint smile on his face.  The seed had been planted- for is it not written that each seed must be given time to flourish?

He headed to the rec room again, and said a quick prayer for guidance.  Feeling a command to wait, he stayed in the rec room and glanced at the TV, seeing who else was in the room at this time.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4668 on: July 21, 2012, 03:16:21 pm »

((I still have all the equipment I bought, right?  Then let's try and make this hunter, the hunted...))

Head along the road, using broken houses and cars as cover.
(yep)

You crouch low and run down the road, stopping behind each rusted out car and collapsed house.  You stop at the end of the cul-de-sac, where the vestigal road reconnects with a larger thoroughfare. You peak around your most recent hiding place, a car half wrapped around a lamp post, and peak out into the street.

[hunter con: 2]

A round ricochets off the blacktop a few feet from your head.

"You're talking about Mesk? What makes you think he will kill me? You seem pretty sure about yourself, so I think some explaination is in order.

Who are you anyway?"

The lambs face is melting.

"He seeks what you have."

Hmm. Art. That could work... If I remember Earth history right lots of dumb jackasses LOVE art made by prisoners. And practically anything can be 'abstract' art. I'd better talk to the Armory Master. Jim returned to the Armory. "Sorry to bother you again, but I have three more questions. Has anyone who ever worked here sold things to the 'outside world', like fiction or memoirs or art or things of that nature? Do you sell scrap metal, preferably a lot for cheap? And finally, is there anything you need done that I could take care of for you for a few tokens?" The last was even more of a longshot than the first two, but he didn't think it would hurt to ask.

(Also, Brazil makes the best guns ever.)
"Well, it's not like we dock very often, so selling to the outside world isn't gonna get you paid anytime soon. And not in tokens anyways. Scrap metal I can give you in bulk for pretty cheap, as long as you don't care about the kinds. As per things you can do for me to earn tokens, I don't have anything that needs doing that you can help with." She shrugs. "The lab boys might be willing to pay you for testing things for them...but that's not exactly the safest line of work."

Lars walked away from the armory master, never losing the faint smile on his face.  The seed had been planted- for is it not written that each seed must be given time to flourish?

He headed to the rec room again, and said a quick prayer for guidance.  Feeling a command to wait, he stayed in the rec room and glanced at the TV, seeing who else was in the room at this time.
The Tv is off, and everyone in the rec room seems to be on the VR machines, so you can't see their faces  well.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: July 21, 2012, 03:23:20 pm »

First, cover head and body parts.  Then, try to determine the trajectory from the bullet mark.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: July 21, 2012, 03:52:54 pm »

Well, shit. There doesn't seem to be a damn thing I can do to make money, then. Jim nodded to the armory master, then turned and left again. He doubted he was going to be able to make anything he could sell to the others aboard the ship, and if he couldn't convert any currency he might make selling to non-HMRC people into tokens then there was no point even bothering with that. He went back to his bunk, lay down, and entered hibernation mode. Not much else to do aboard the ship...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: July 21, 2012, 03:58:22 pm »

(( @SeriousConcentrate You may try bartering those pieces of 'prison art' for something which can be turned into tokens - say, weapons or, more likely, medical supplies.
"Three bottles of painkillers for these pictures of HMRC inmates romance!"  ;) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4672 on: July 21, 2012, 06:28:08 pm »

First, cover head and body parts.  Then, try to determine the trajectory from the bullet mark.
You pull yourself back into cover and press yourself against the ground. The judging from the bullet mark...the shot looks like it came from the right, down the street.

Well, shit. There doesn't seem to be a damn thing I can do to make money, then. Jim nodded to the armory master, then turned and left again. He doubted he was going to be able to make anything he could sell to the others aboard the ship, and if he couldn't convert any currency he might make selling to non-HMRC people into tokens then there was no point even bothering with that. He went back to his bunk, lay down, and entered hibernation mode. Not much else to do aboard the ship...
(I'll point out to you that when it comes to making things using your amps alone, there are no handiwork rolls, just exotic ones. So if you were to say, make a knife by heating metal and then forming it with your other amp, it would just be two exotic rolls.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: July 21, 2012, 06:31:16 pm »

((Actually, when Thomas gets back, he'll pay to have Jim build some stuff for him. Namely, the crossbow bits and a nightstick with a kinetic amp, if he has the tokens.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: July 21, 2012, 06:44:04 pm »

(@PW: It's not an issue of rolls so much as an issue of no market for any product I would make, even if I were to roll perfect 5s all the way across the process. I mean, sure, it's be a fantastic metal sculpture, but there's no one on board who'd care to waste their tokens on something pretty much useless when they could be buying weapons or supplies to keep them alive on missions. And unlike people like Kisame or PyroDesu, or even minor tinkerers like Caellath and Zako, I have literally no ideas when it comes to making equipment. :-\

@Spinal: I doubt I could do something as intricate as a crossbow with my amps, and as for the other you could probably just buy that off the AM without needing a middleman.)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4675 on: July 21, 2012, 06:56:14 pm »

(@PW: It's not an issue of rolls so much as an issue of no market for any product I would make, even if I were to roll perfect 5s all the way across the process. I mean, sure, it's be a fantastic metal sculpture, but there's no one on board who'd care to waste their tokens on something pretty much useless when they could be buying weapons or supplies to keep them alive on missions. And unlike people like Kisame or PyroDesu, or even minor tinkerers like Caellath and Zako, I have literally no ideas when it comes to making equipment. :-\

@Spinal: I doubt I could do something as intricate as a crossbow with my amps, and as for the other you could probably just buy that off the AM without needing a middleman.)

Well, Feyri was looking for a melee weapon, and something like a mace is just a big lump of metal with sharp things on it. Plus Maurice already bought a knife that someone made with amps in a similar way. But it would mean investing a token or two in metal with the possibility of failure.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: July 21, 2012, 07:09:30 pm »

Take in surroundings and look for possible cover to travel closer to the point where my hunter is.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 07:59:09 pm by Baradine »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: July 21, 2012, 07:38:17 pm »

(I'll point out to you that when it comes to making things using your amps alone, there are no handiwork rolls, just exotic ones. So if you were to say, make a knife by heating metal and then forming it with your other amp, it would just be two exotic rolls.
((Wait a second. Would this apply to field manipulators as well? Could someone with a universal one theoretically skip handiwork rolls entirely?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: July 21, 2012, 07:54:28 pm »

(( And, following that question, does it mean that the results of using that line of organo- amps to heal people are completely irrelevant to the medical skills (and knowledge) of the user?))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: July 21, 2012, 08:07:43 pm »

Brother Lars shrugged.  Well, time to see what the big deal was.

Stick a pamphlet into the pocket of everyone in VR (and if they're naked, asscrack), and hop in a VR machine as well.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 2101