_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933367 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Meskspotting
« Reply #4680 on: July 21, 2012, 08:09:39 pm »

Brother Lars shrugged.  Well, time to see what the big deal was.

Stick a pamphlet into the pocket of everyone in VR (and if they're naked, asscrack), and hop in a VR machine as well.
((Suprise! You wake up to a priest shoving papers up your ass!))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: July 21, 2012, 08:10:34 pm »

((Nature's filing cabinet.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: July 21, 2012, 08:31:22 pm »

((Nature's filing cabinet.))
((I bet May and Lars would get along well.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Asscrack:Nature's filing cabinet.
« Reply #4683 on: July 21, 2012, 09:22:01 pm »

Take in surroundings and look for possible cover to travel closer to the point where my hunter is.
You could enter the house to your right; it's partially collapsed like most of the others, but the wall and at least one room would be between you and the shooter.

(I'll point out to you that when it comes to making things using your amps alone, there are no handiwork rolls, just exotic ones. So if you were to say, make a knife by heating metal and then forming it with your other amp, it would just be two exotic rolls.
((Wait a second. Would this apply to field manipulators as well? Could someone with a universal one theoretically skip handiwork rolls entirely?))
Pretty much.

(( And, following that question, does it mean that the results of using that line of organo- amps to heal people are completely irrelevant to the medical skills (and knowledge) of the user?))
Yes and no. You'd still have to do a med roll to see what the injuries are, but the actual treatment would be a exo or uncon roll.

Brother Lars shrugged.  Well, time to see what the big deal was.

Stick a pamphlet into the pocket of everyone in VR (and if they're naked, asscrack), and hop in a VR machine as well.
You jam paper into pockets, pants and crevices before taking a seat in a vr machine. It pops up some options.

>Battle of Hexbarax
>Poacher
>Punch many things
>Tinker
>Duel

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: July 21, 2012, 09:27:09 pm »

Hmm...  He's probably behind cover as well, so I'll fire my laser for 2 seconds at the most likely source of cover for my assailant while making a dead sprint towards the house.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: July 21, 2012, 09:32:56 pm »

Bishop leaned away slightly from the melting face in disgust. Melting faces... Gross.

"What do I have that he would want exactly? You're being very vague with me."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: July 21, 2012, 10:01:11 pm »

((I'm glad I could contribute something to the thread at large.))

Brother Lars pondered.  While combat training was always a good thing, this robe he had would surely provide no protection in the field.  He wondered what options there were in terms of combat-rated light fabric...

Select Tinker.  Call up all available fabric-like materials that were suitable for field work.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: July 21, 2012, 10:31:28 pm »

(This game always has the most... interesting titles.)

Mesk slows down and stops doing wheelies for a moment.
"Does-doesn't anyone want to race...?  Just... just one token, you guys..."
Hearing no response, he mopes a bit before brightening up again.
Head over to the VR room!  Make sure to screech and squeal the wheels as much as possible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: July 22, 2012, 02:53:49 am »

(@PW: It's not an issue of rolls so much as an issue of no market for any product I would make, even if I were to roll perfect 5s all the way across the process. I mean, sure, it's be a fantastic metal sculpture, but there's no one on board who'd care to waste their tokens on something pretty much useless when they could be buying weapons or supplies to keep them alive on missions. And unlike people like Kisame or PyroDesu, or even minor tinkerers like Caellath and Zako, I have literally no ideas when it comes to making equipment. :-\

@Spinal: I doubt I could do something as intricate as a crossbow with my amps, and as for the other you could probably just buy that off the AM without needing a middleman.)

Well, Feyri was looking for a melee weapon, and something like a mace is just a big lump of metal with sharp things on it. Plus Maurice already bought a knife that someone made with amps in a similar way. But it would mean investing a token or two in metal with the possibility of failure.
((Y'know...Feyri did promise about buying a medieval styled weapon//blade just before M3. The Golf Club just won't do  ;D

C'mon Jim! You can do it!))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: July 22, 2012, 03:00:05 am »

(...All right, fine, but if it turns out to be a piece of crap you asked for it. :P)

Jim got up with a sigh, unable to sleep. Instead he headed back to the rec room and logged online. He'd been unsuccessful in finding a sword for Feyri in the town, but maybe he could make one. First he had to look up designs, and eventually he settled on the falcata type. Next, he headed to the armory and bought some scrap metal to make several swords with, just in case he messed the first up. (No more than three tokens worth, hopefully.) Finally, he just happened to go to the abandoned airlock Simus used earlier for experiments to begin seeing what he could do.

Jim buys up to three tokens of scrap metal and attempts to make a falcata out of them with his amps. Whether or not he succeeds, if he has enough scrap left over he attempts to make another one, and so on until he runs out of scrap metal.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: July 22, 2012, 04:42:56 am »

(...All right, fine, but if it turns out to be a piece of crap you asked for it. :P)
((I sure hope you aren't making literal c-... :P

Also, image link denied.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4691 on: July 22, 2012, 10:51:49 am »

Hmm...  He's probably behind cover as well, so I'll fire my laser for 2 seconds at the most likely source of cover for my assailant while making a dead sprint towards the house.

You fire your laser in the direction you think the man is shooting at you and then break into a dead sprint to the house, throwing yourself into cover behind a overturned water heater.

Bishop leaned away slightly from the melting face in disgust. Melting faces... Gross.

"What do I have that he would want exactly? You're being very vague with me."

The sheep doesn't respond so much as it just melts away, along with Mesk. You blink a few times and the familiar face, well arrangement of items on a face, of the doctor comes into focus.

"Treatment done." he says, pulling the tubes from your arms. "May be some side effects. Hallucinations, dementia, etc. Go away with time. Probably."

He shoves you all the way out into the infirmary and then into the hall before he heads back in.

((I'm glad I could contribute something to the thread at large.))

Brother Lars pondered.  While combat training was always a good thing, this robe he had would surely provide no protection in the field.  He wondered what options there were in terms of combat-rated light fabric...

Select Tinker.  Call up all available fabric-like materials that were suitable for field work.
There appear to be a great deal of ballistic fabrics. Perhaps you should narrow your search by properties or price.

(This game always has the most... interesting titles.)

Mesk slows down and stops doing wheelies for a moment.
"Does-doesn't anyone want to race...?  Just... just one token, you guys..."
Hearing no response, he mopes a bit before brightening up again.
Head over to the VR room!  Make sure to screech and squeal the wheels as much as possible.

You roll to the rec room and proceed to do very slow donuts.

Jim got up with a sigh, unable to sleep. Instead he headed back to the rec room and logged online. He'd been unsuccessful in finding a sword for Feyri in the town, but maybe he could make one. First he had to look up designs, and eventually he settled on the falcata type. Next, he headed to the armory and bought some scrap metal to make several swords with, just in case he messed the first up. (No more than three tokens worth, hopefully.) Finally, he just happened to go to the abandoned airlock Simus used earlier for experiments to begin seeing what he could do.

Jim buys up to three tokens of scrap metal and attempts to make a falcata out of them with his amps. Whether or not he succeeds, if he has enough scrap left over he attempts to make another one, and so on until he runs out of scrap metal.

You head to the armory master and ask about scrap metal.

"Well, I could give you maybe 10 pounds worth for free, 20 for 1 token and so on. Sure you want 40 pounds of scrap metal?"

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: July 22, 2012, 11:53:40 am »

"Hey Steve, how loud a noise do the MkI's block out? And is there any kind of earplug that actives and blocks out noises above a certain threshold?"

Exit VR.

"What the hell are you doing."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: July 22, 2012, 12:38:24 pm »

Look around the house for something that could be used as a reflective device.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: July 22, 2012, 12:58:46 pm »

"Who, me?  Uh... inventing noise reducers for you, of course!  Uh, can you, um, plug me in?"
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 2101