_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934332 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Asscrack:Nature's filing cabinet.
« Reply #4695 on: July 22, 2012, 01:39:50 pm »

Jim buys 30 pounds of scrap metal and attempts to make a reiterpallasch with his amps. Whether or not he succeeds, if he has enough scrap left over he attempts to make another one, and so on until he runs out of scrap metal.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 06:04:00 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: July 22, 2012, 01:58:01 pm »

"You seem to be making noise. And no. Do it yourself."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: July 22, 2012, 05:02:32 pm »

((You that sword will be like four pounds at most, right?  Swords are light.))

Lars ponders.  It'd need to be fairly light and yet provide some protection.  Protection could be sacrificed for lightness and mobility, since this would not be a primary means of defense.  Really, it'd just need to be able to deflect and slow rounds more than absorb them entirely, unless it was a shotgun blast or similar.  Hmmm... what about laser weaponry?

Narrow search for fabrics that provide low to moderate protection against bullets, while not heavy enough to impair the mobility of the user.  Run a separate search for fabrics capable of diffusing laser beams that fit the above mobility requirements.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: July 22, 2012, 05:33:21 pm »

(I know, but I'm hoping to make a lot of swords and sell them for one or two tokens apiece. I need to make a profit. :3 My main hope is ten three-pound swords, and if I can sell them all for two tokens I can buy a synthflesh body. Hell, if I can sell all of them for one token I'll be almost there.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: July 22, 2012, 05:36:59 pm »

((Given that monoatomic razors are only two, though, and we don't have many melee people as is...))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: July 22, 2012, 05:43:45 pm »

(Yeah, I know. At least if I can sell one for two tokens or two for one I'll break even, and I guess I can levitate the remaining ones with my MM Amp and use them like Blade Barrier. That would be cool, anyway.)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: July 22, 2012, 06:10:13 pm »

(( Actually, I might be wishing to buy a few things from you, including one or two big projects, but those will probably wait for some more missions until I get enough tokens.
Though of the more immediate ones I'd probably like to buy a bunch of throwing blades (those should be like three or perhaps six times lighter than that falcata you are making) for one or two tokens. Not sure how to make them penetrate the suits, though. I guess we'll discuss the details back on board.
Also, try selling some of your blades to the armory. You may need prove them in battle first, but that should still be profitable. Think of how much should the Instrument weight. Half a pound? One and a half?  And I bought it for three tokens, exactly the same price the armory master gave for it initially.
Well, good luck with your business! :) ))
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 06:15:06 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: July 22, 2012, 06:15:00 pm »

((@Nikitian: Throwing blades/knifes can probably penetrate the suits properly, since they are basically a set of space sweater, jeans and a fishbowl.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: July 22, 2012, 06:19:56 pm »

(( Well, it was said that a simple kitchen knife (or something like that) cannot penetrate the suit, one needs something more 'technological' like Jim's cleaver. That's why I am not sure if something that light, made of simple scrap metal and not insanely sharp (which would probably very hard to obtain, not to mention the maintainance) can do the job. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: July 23, 2012, 12:07:54 am »

((Woohoo, a secondary melee weapon that uses no ammunition!

Also, try Iridium blades?  :P

Go Jim!))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: July 23, 2012, 01:03:14 am »

Bishop paused in thought as the doctors words hit him.

"Hang on... YOU NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT ANY SIDE EFFECTS!! GODDAMMIT!"

He sighed and refocused. He had things to do.

"Whatever. I have to find a certain lunatic..."

Go look for Mesk.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: July 23, 2012, 01:41:18 am »

(I've had a couple ideas for tinker gadgets - a light and sound sensitive mask or hood that automatically generates a phase-shifted signal whenever the signal passes a user-defined gate, and a sort of mace or club that holds MkIII rockets that fire counter to the direction the weapon is moving, increasing the force of blows.  I don't feel like tinkering them up, though, so someone else can feel free to cop my ideas.)

Mesk suddenly feels his doom sense tingling, and stops screeching around in the Rec Room.
"I have to go.  My planet needs me."
So saying, he flees to the cafeteria, where he hopes to find kitchen staff at the very least.
"He-hello, I just had a, a spidey-sense tingle, um, could you people, uh, be, be witnesses?  To a crime?  That's about to happen?  I'm, talking about my own death."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: July 23, 2012, 01:52:21 am »

(a sort of mace or club that holds MkIII rockets that fire counter to the direction the weapon is moving, increasing the force of blows)
((I had that idea for the forearms of the MkIII, to increase punching strength, but I quickly came with the problem of the fact rocket pods aren't very reliable for precise maneuvering like punching someone's face. Not the mention the strength itself could damage the armor (or dislocate/tear an arm off), but I am going to check how feasible the design is when I get some VR time, since the MkIII is capable of enough fine movement to allow the user to get a +1 to movement and dodge rolls, which must assume the pods have a good response.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4708 on: July 23, 2012, 02:23:45 am »

I'm way too tired to do a post for this right now. Sorry, but it would come out as gibberish. I'll do it tomorrow morning.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: July 23, 2012, 02:36:46 am »

((MESK IS PSYCHIC?! That's unexpected. And don't worry, I won't have Bishop kill Mesk. He'll just take an eyeball. That's fixable, somewhat.))
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 2101