_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5935771 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Mission 6 recruiting
« Reply #4290 on: July 17, 2012, 09:08:38 pm »

Sound equally horrible and magnificent. I sincerely wish you good luck in your experiments, and I strongly recommend having a medic by your side as you conduct them. Sometimes it is just seconds between life and death. Shall I help you? Or you could ask assistance from one of my colleagues in the infirmary - they are certainly very experienced and resourceful, if possibly busy.
I might have also recommended asking one of other 'Corps members with medical proficiency, but of the two I know the more reliable one is currently unavailable - he had an accident during the mission - and the other one I know... Well, his methods are unorthodox to say the least, and I'm afraid they aren't very good at treating burns, especially as terrible as your chemicals may produce.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: July 17, 2012, 09:10:12 pm »

Agh, what happened... Something about a mission... serial killer... then everything went black.

Blast it, he took over my mind. I suppose I should be grateful I'm still alive at all...

Blink twice.

((Current stats would be appreciated, but I'll put 5 points in dex, and 3 points in unconditional weaponry.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: July 17, 2012, 09:12:19 pm »

"I'll volunteer, along with Thomas."

Head to the briefing room.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: July 17, 2012, 09:15:45 pm »

(Wear something nice  ;)))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: July 17, 2012, 09:19:57 pm »

Bishop blinked. They were back already and had failed? Man, that was unexpected...

"Steve, if I can get my addiction fixed in time, I'll go.

As for which numbers, give me the second one but also the number of times he did the first. Can you also tell me what happened on the mission? I'd like to know how they screwed up."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: July 17, 2012, 09:20:15 pm »

I'm not surprised to hear of some unorthodox characters here, most of the people I've run into would be in straightjackets back on Altair four.

Anyways, I'm taking the best precautions I can with this stuff - namely, doing it either in a vacuum, or not at all. I don't want to do it in-atmosphere, it could go off just from contact with air. And as for having a medic nearby, I can tell you - It won't help. I'll be doing it in the tinfoil that is the MkI suit, as cannot afford better, and this stuff burns clean through even a MkIII fast enough that there would be nothing to be done to save me, other than somehow getting my brain sealed into battlesuit armor just before it goes off. Even if the burns don't do it, the hot clouds of Hydrofluoric acid, which goes through the body and straight into the bone, dissolving them directly... and that would be bad. And there's no way to prematurely extinguish the fire anyways.

Anyways, you probably have a debriefing of some sort, don't let me hold you up.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 09:24:07 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: July 17, 2012, 09:20:19 pm »

((She's still got on that Lady MacDeath Latex Fetish Dress.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: July 17, 2012, 09:22:07 pm »

((She's still got on that Lady MacDeath Latex Fetish Dress.))

((If only Taricus were here...))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: July 17, 2012, 09:27:13 pm »

((@Level up: ....Can I have my current stats?))
(Same here.)

(+1, I'm not sure where I want to put my stats. >.<)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: July 17, 2012, 09:49:35 pm »

((As long as we're at it, could I have my current token count?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4300 on: July 17, 2012, 09:50:24 pm »

and I'm quite curious to see how it goes.
((This makes me so nervous.

Then again, your last announcement about "not sure if you'll all die or breeze through it" made me nervous as well, and there wasn't anything especially dangerous there. Aside from the elite black ops serial killer, but he only killed team members if you count puppet executions.))

Faith turned her head at the announcement.

"Ooh, I should probably get in on that. Or not, if I want to live longer. Uh.

Anyway, about how much did this cost to make? And, it's alright if you'd rather not say, but... why did you become a soldier?"
Things went a bit differently then I imagined, so they did breeze through it. As per this one, I don't foresee it being too dangerous, as long as everyone keeps their wits about them. Or not.

"Each side has 6 amps. There are 8 sides. It wasn't cheap." He says as he takes the weapon back from you.

"It's alright if you'd rather not say, but... why did you become a soldier?"

"I didn't have a choice." The Doctor replies, "The power that be weren't happy with some of my creations, though they still used them to cement their power."

He grabs your shoulder and shows you to the door. "Story for another time. I have some work to do." He opens the door and pushes you out. 

Lukas sees the message from the doctor. "Aaaw, shit! And I finally had the simulation up and running. Never mind, I better listen to the man with this debt and all." Lukas exits the VR and makes his way to the infirmary.

Exit VR and go to infirmary

((PW, I should tell you that I probably shouldn't do the upcoming mission. First, this Friday I will be gone for four days and have no opportunity to get to a computer. Second, from August 3 my girlfriend will come to China and we'll be traveling around a bit before returning to the Netherlands. If I get back there (August 20th or something) I will definitely get back online and jump in again. However, before that time it will be nearly impossible for me to do anything. Maybe we should simulate Lukas being incapacitated for quite some time [for example, Lukas tried to install Service Pack 2 and suffered a major system failure :P]))

((Do I know how my stats have been affected by my new form?  I may want to choose level up based on that.  Also, I'll hold off on volunteering in favor of someone who wasn't on the last mission, unless you just need recruits.))

Thrak reads the message.

"Doc-bro!  Be there in a sec, yo."

Thrak heads to see the doctor.

((Also, we didn't kill THAT many people in comparison to the SK.  We did, what, like 15?  I'm not counting the body part shower people because they were screwed anyway.))
(Thrak, the body gives you +1 to end, str and dex, thats it)

Both Thrak and Lucas arrive at the infirmary at about the same time and a nurse directs them through the door into the back and down a hall. She leads you to a pair of door with faith standing around outside of them. She gestures to the doors and leaves, showing faith the way out.  You both head in and find the doctor standing in the center of the room, holding a rather massive looking metal bat.

"You two." He says, pointing the bat at both of you before resting it on his shoulder again, "I made you both from very different designs." He points at Lucas and directs him to come over to him Lucas obeys and the Doctor places him at one side of the room, facing Thrak who is at the other side. 

"You," He points the bat at Thrak, "Close range. You", he indicates Lucas, "long."

A set of three men in orange uniforms come into the room as he speaks, each of them carrying one of Lucas' weapons. They place them at his feet before leaving.

"Both sophisticated killing machines." He leans on the bat and adjusts his glasses. "But I'm only really interested in having one test subject. So, which ever one of you can manage to kill the other will have that privilege."

(Same here.)

"...My spine...!  I... I need that to... do... spine stuff... uhm... hi there, I'm the Kickboxing Doctor.  How are you doing?"
The girl just kinda...stares at you. You can't read her expression at all. Yeeesh.

Stats:
strength - 3
dexterity - 5 (1/3)
endurance - 5 (1/3)
charisma - 3
intelligence - 9 +1/3
willpower - 5 (1/3)

Skills:
Speech - 0 (-1)
Intuition - 1
Handiwok - 0 (-1)
con wep -0 (-1)
uncon wep - 0  (-1)
Auxiliary systems - 3 (+1) +1/3
Exotic weapons - 1
Medical tech - 6 (+1)(2/3)

((@Level up: 3 Int, 2 Str. 3 points in Conventional.

Ah, did I also lose that gift? Or were you just kidding about it?))

Milno stares back at the armory master as she poses her question. It seems that kind of thing is assumed of him.
"No, I was not one of them."
"Ah, good." She says, actually smiling, "Oh, before I forget, These are for you. Not sure from who."

She places a  metal box and a cupcake with a single candle in it on the counter.

I want to volunteer for the next mission. Cannot bear the mission total remaining at zero.
Volunteer for the next mission. Wander around the halls and corridors a bit - generally, take the longer route to the briefing room to relax a little.
(( Of course, unless the people with higher priority show up.

Also: +2 Dex, +2 End, +1 Will; +3 Uncon ))
You head to the briefing room.

Computer, I would like to volunteer, and can I get those prototypes now?

And is there a possibility I could use a shuttle or something in the hanger bay as an impromptu vacuum chamber in order to load the ClF3 shell, or should I go to the lab and ask there if there's any vacuum chambers I can use? Only thing is, I don't want to commit suicide by having that stuff in contact with air, it's THAT volatile. If the answer to either is no, then don't bother making prototype parts for that shell. And no, outside of the ship doesn't count, I still need gravity.

Head to my locker and collect my suit, put it on, and head to the armory to pick up prototype parts, and, if vacuum chamber is a go, the metal chemistry equipment. Also collect paints of all colors, and inquire about Tritium paints, or any other glow-in-the-dark style stuff.

If I bump into Doctor Sanctor in the halls:

Doctor Sanctor! I see you've returned relatively intact.

>Yeah, there is an airlock you can use. Have fun~

You put on your suit and then collect all the parts and tools from the armory master, including a container of ClF3 with lots of warning labels on it. She points you to a disused airlock in the hanger and you head inside, cycling the air out before putting your tools down.

Agh, what happened... Something about a mission... serial killer... then everything went black.

Blast it, he took over my mind. I suppose I should be grateful I'm still alive at all...

Blink twice.

((Current stats would be appreciated, but I'll put 5 points in dex, and 3 points in unconditional weaponry.))

You blink twice and immediately lose consciousness again. You wake up in an infirmary bed with a sack of something wrapped around your neck where the flesh of your head and the metal of your body meet. Joy.

You head to the briefing room

Bishop blinked. They were back already and had failed? Man, that was unexpected...

"Steve, if I can get my addiction fixed in time, I'll go.

As for which numbers, give me the second one but also the number of times he did the first. Can you also tell me what happened on the mission? I'd like to know how they screwed up."

>Well, you could just tear those tubes out now, pop a pain killer and get fixed later. Come on, succumb to the peer pressure.

As per how many he killed personally, upwards of a few hundred? Not sure. My records on him a bit incomplete. Probably in the thousands non directly. And they failed because they murdered the whole town and let the target get away.

(Same here.)

(+1, I'm not sure where I want to put my stats. >.<)
Stats
Strength: 3
Dexterity: 5 (1/3)
Endurance: 3
Charisma: 3  (-1)
Intelligence: 5 (1/3)
Willpower: 15 (+1)

Skills
Speech: 0 (-1) (-1)
Intuition: 3 (1/3)
Handiwork: 0 (-1)
Conventional Weapons: 1
Unconventional Weapons: 1
Exotic weapons: 7 (2/3) (+1)
Auxiliary systems: 1
Medical tech: 1

((As long as we're at it, could I have my current token count?))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: July 17, 2012, 09:55:49 pm »

((Holy. Fuck.))

"I- oh, THANK YOU!" she called through the door, hurrying to the briefing room.

Volunteer, head to briefing room. Assuming my injuries have healed.

((I assume my casts are off now?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: July 17, 2012, 10:04:23 pm »

((Alright, time for my second character to, in all likelihood, die horribly.))

Examine all of the inside of both the metal beaker, metal funnel, and inside of the shell for absolutely any sign of the absence of an oxide layer, absolutely anywhere in the metal.

I guess now is probably not the time to say that this could be done almost 100% safely by a machine, you know. It won't react to metal that has an oxide layer. Although, said machine would have to be inspected for any degradation in the oxide layer after every shell made.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 10:07:35 pm by PyroDesu »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4303 on: July 17, 2012, 10:09:28 pm »

((Holy. Fuck.))

"I- oh, THANK YOU!" she called through the door, hurrying to the briefing room.

Volunteer, head to briefing room. Assuming my injuries have healed.

((I assume my casts are off now?))
Yeah, you're fine. Consider yourself there.

((Alright, time for my second character to, in all likelihood, die horribly.))

Examine all of the inside of both the metal beaker, metal funnel, and inside of the shell for absolutely any sign of the absence of an oxide layer, absolutely anywhere in the metal.

I guess now is probably not the time to say that this could be done almost 100% safely by a machine, you know. It won't react to metal that has an oxide layer.
You look at all of your tools, examining them with meticulous precision. This is not the time to be sloppy. It looks like they're all coated with something, you assume it's an oxide layer, or a layer of something that can handle the chemical. You hope.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: July 17, 2012, 10:12:48 pm »

"I won't let you down, Doc-man!"

Fire a rocket slug at the giant, then charge with the cleaver!

((I hope he meant right now!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 2101