_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5932527 times)

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Hightech death machines before hos
« Reply #4125 on: July 13, 2012, 09:48:40 pm »

If Lukas would still have the ability, he would gasp at his new arsenal. He takes out the gun that looks like a sniper rifle and softly strokes its barrel as if it is a pet. For a moment he feels happy about his metamorphose and 'the extras' coming with it. "I gotta try these out." Lukas looks up and speaks into the air. "Steve, is it by any chance possible to load these weapons and my new body up into the VR. I would like to get some practice.

Ask the above. If possible, go to the VR and load up a session where Lukas is standing somewhere in the great plains somewhere in 21st century United States. Summon an idle altered a long distance away from Lukas.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 10:12:32 pm by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: July 13, 2012, 10:06:26 pm »

Ask the above. If possible, go to the VR and load up a session where Lukas is standing somewhere in the great planes somewhere in 21st century United States. Summon and idle altered a long distance away from Lukas.

((Fighting Altered in a 747 would be interesting, but somehow I doubt that that's your intention.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: July 13, 2012, 10:09:46 pm »

Ask the above. If possible, go to the VR and load up a session where Lukas is standing somewhere in the great planes somewhere in 21st century United States. Summon and idle altered a long distance away from Lukas.

((Fighting Altered in a 747 would be interesting, but somehow I doubt that that's your intention.))

((Haha, sorry, that was just plane wrong. Edited it.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4128 on: July 13, 2012, 10:29:33 pm »

"About that kit, can the gauss rifle be able to shoot 25mm shells with the attachment? Semi-automatic, and then given a larger ammunition capacity? Or at least a grenade launcher attachment at the bottom of the barrel

"Or could we just have ammo belts with our suits? "

Ask this, if not feasible then:

"If we're going with gauss technology, then hows about a .50 caliber gauss rifle which would particularly be effective at close to medium range? With multiple types of ammunition like incendiary rounds or jacketless slugs?"

>Well, if you change the caliber then no, the kit won't work very well anymore. The scope would still work, but the barrel and things wouldn't.  As per modifying it, you can modify the rifle itself to be like that, but a 25mm bullet at semi-auto is gonna produce a fair bit of recoil.

Alright! Something feasible!

"Strength requirement, then? I'd take it!

However, is it also possible to integrate a computer that would help with accuracy in relation to weather conditions (like rectifying the fire angle in a windy landscape), how much would that cost?"

((I'm going with the latter, along with the sniper attachment.))

Ask, then ask the cost.

>Uh, depends on what you mean by that. You could have some sort of computerized scope that would show you where you would need to aim, but that would be a bit tricky.

"anything on antigue cars?"
"Thats a weird accent you got there." The armory master says as she hands over a magazine about flying cars, titled "God damn this was a terrible idea."

Restart battle, this time instead of army gear, be wearing a MKIII suit.
You get machine gunned again, since the MK III doesn't really have armor. Wanna spawn in cover next time?

Roll for ideas.
[int:6-1]
The simplest method would be a radio switch that turns the kinetic amplifier on after it's left the bow and flown a bit. That or maybe a proximity sensor combined with an accelerometer to know when it's been fired and not just sitting in the quiver.

>ee if I can melt off some unused pipes and use the material create a crude pole with a few prongs that I can push in front of me through the liquid. The prongs don't need to be too close, just close enough to prevent human-sized enemies from sneaking up to me through the sludge.

For the sake of not accidentally causing you to melt your brain, do you want to melt that with the laser rifle or the amp?

"No, dammit! The cloaking device. Give me a base price for them."

Increase the power of the laser enough to be able to heat a spot on armor to a orange heat rapidly. One or two seconds is optimal, more if nessecary.

((What I am aiming for here is to be able to soften an area of armor, then hit it with a gauss slug.))
>Oh. Cheapest is 3.

As per that idea of yours, that kinda varies wildly depending on what you're trying to heat. I mean, if you're trying to heat steel, then you could do that with a standard laser rifle. If you're trying to heat battlesuit plate it's gonna take a hell of a lot more.

Faith frowned like a sad puppy at The Doctor's pointing.

"O-okay..."

Wander off but stay within earshot of The Doctor calling me. Talk to Steve.

"Hey Steve, what's the policy on, uh, keeping things that we find on missions? Like, I'm assuming we can't keep anything you'd want to study or use and we can keep anything you don't, but what's the specific protocol? And, uh, how does that apply to living things?"
You take a seat on one of the beds, dangling your legs off the edge and kicking them back and forth.

>Depends on what it is. As long as it's not an active danger or some sort of massive drain on resources, then I don't care. Bring on the harems. Or whatever the male equivalent of that is.

Aster-Ex seems like it'll work quite well for a beehive round, but right now I'm going for a pure HE grenade.

((Why use simple frag when you can use lots and lots and lots of small razors/flechettes?))
You probably still want to use a relatively slow explosive, otherwise it will deform and destroy your razors, rendering them nothing more then standard shrapnel.

If Lukas would still have the ability, he would gasp at his new arsenal. He takes out the gun that looks like a sniper rifle and softly strokes its barrel as if it is a pet. For a moment he feels happy about his metamorphose and 'the extras' coming with it. "I gotta try these out." Lukas looks up and speaks into the air. "Steve, is it by any chance possible to load these weapons and my new body up into the VR. I would like to get some practice.

Ask the above. If possible, go to the VR and load up a session where Lukas is standing somewhere in the great plains somewhere in 21st century United States. Summon an idle altered a long distance away from Lukas.

>Maybe. Bring them to the armory master. They may be standard, or close enough to standard to just pull them up. If not, she may be willing to give you the proper data to use it in the the vr.  If you ask real nice.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: July 13, 2012, 10:35:16 pm »

Aster-Ex seems like it'll work quite well for a beehive round, but right now I'm going for a pure HE grenade.

((Why use simple frag when you can use lots and lots and lots of small razors/flechettes (Beehive round)?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: July 13, 2012, 10:39:24 pm »

Use the radio idea. Then test explosive, amp tipped and dual tipped against a battlesuit, avatar of war and an arbiter.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: July 13, 2012, 10:44:53 pm »

>Depends on what it is. As long as it's not an active danger or some sort of massive drain on resources, then I don't care. Bring on the harems. Or whatever the male equivalent of that is.
((It seems Milno isn't the only person with a terrible, terrible image of Faith.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: July 13, 2012, 10:46:47 pm »

Respawn, wearing the same equipment this time, except this time start out with me driving Paracelsus' Sword above the beach.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: July 13, 2012, 11:01:58 pm »

>Maybe. Bring them to the armory master. They may be standard, or close enough to standard to just pull them up. If not, she may be willing to give you the proper data to use it in the the vr.  If you ask real nice.

"Thanks, now you are making me nervous." Lukas walks off to the armory. When he arrives there he sees the armory master and a guy he hadn't seen before with some magazine about...Flying cars? Why the hell would they make magazines about that? God, that was a terrible idea. Lukas nods at the new guy. "Hi, how are you doing? My name is Lukas." He doesn't wait for an answer but immediately turns to the armory master. "Hello miss, I would like to try my new...uhm body and my new weapons in a VR session. Is it by any chance possible to load up a virtual version of them in the VR machine or do you have the proper data for use in the VR? If it is not too much trouble of course."
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 11:42:50 pm by Prosperus »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: July 13, 2012, 11:06:37 pm »

Bishop took a few deep breaths to calm down and managed to unclench his whole body. He started to feel like crap again...

"Alright. Thanks Steve.

Now Doctor, the project I was asking about is the sub-dermal armor I asked you to look into. Have you made any progress? Also, if you can't treat me for the addiction, can you at least treat me for the symptoms? At least get rid of the aches and shaking, since I would hate to go on a mission like this..."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: July 13, 2012, 11:09:18 pm »

Respawn, wearing the same equipment this time, except this time start out with me driving Paracelsus' Sword above the beach.

((Oh dear. PS the Sword was probably not expected to fly in-atmosphere. It will crash.))

"Huh. That is actually okay. I was expecting to have to pay an insane amount of token for it."

Okay back to the laser rifle. Hook it up to the largest energy supply it can take without melting or exploding. Test fire an examine results.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: July 14, 2012, 04:13:44 am »

Mason heads towards the rec room, looking for a seat and thinking about what that nice woman had said.
His life was now basically gone, with nothing but memories proving it ever existed.
Then he looks at sexy, insanely dangerous cars.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: July 14, 2012, 05:52:02 am »

"How's about implementing a targeting module in the stock of the rifle, connected to the firing mechanism and a capacitor that boosts the coils? A stability dampener which uses counterweights, and that scope.

"And an extended barrel to make sure the damage kicks in."

Ask

"If you could also answer this, I'd be very happy: Is it possible to obtain a weapon that uses Bose-Einstein condensate in the HMRC? Seeing as we have plasma weaponry and all..."
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 07:28:06 am by Tiruin »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: July 14, 2012, 06:45:04 am »

Use the laser to melt things off.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4139 on: July 14, 2012, 12:41:56 pm »

((Why use simple frag when you can use lots and lots and lots of small razors/flechettes (Beehive round)?))
I did answer that. Aster-ex will still work for your razors, because anything faster or more violent will probably just reduce them to unshaped shrapnel.  Though there are other explosive compounds used in standard military razor bombs, they're a bit more pricey because they have a side effect of also making the wounds they cause heal poorly.

Use the radio idea. Then test explosive, amp tipped and dual tipped against a battlesuit, avatar of war and an arbiter.
The problem with the amp/explosive design is two fold. First, you can't fit that much explosive on an arrow and still having it be aerodynamic enough to fire and fly worth a damn. Second, the amp itself tends to cause the target to move back, so they don't take the full brunt of the explosion. It will work alright against the battlesuit, damaging the outer layer of armor (this assumes you're still using the electro-memory metal bow). A small part of the avatar's cloak breaks, and the arbiter just dodges it.

The computer doesn't have a plan for that ship on file. It does have plans for other large ships though.  Also, when you say "Above the beach" how far above the beach do you mean?

"Thanks, now you are making me nervous." Lukas walks off to the armory. When he arrives there he sees the armory master and a guy he hadn't seen before with some magazine about...Flying cars? Why the hell would they make magazines about that? God, that was a terrible idea. Lukas nods at the new guy. "Hi, how are you doing? My name is Lukas." He doesn't wait for an answer but immediately turns to the armory master. "Hello miss, I would like to try my new...uhm body and my new weapons in a VR session. Is it by any chance possible to load up a virtual version of them in the VR machine or do you have the proper data for use in the VR? If it is not too much trouble of course."
"Jeez, you're not even gonna fit in the machine. The heck happened to you?"

Bishop took a few deep breaths to calm down and managed to unclench his whole body. He started to feel like crap again...

"Alright. Thanks Steve.

Now Doctor, the project I was asking about is the sub-dermal armor I asked you to look into. Have you made any progress? Also, if you can't treat me for the addiction, can you at least treat me for the symptoms? At least get rid of the aches and shaking, since I would hate to go on a mission like this..."

"Armory master. She has free painkillers. Not the first time this has happened. Won't cure, but will eliminate symptoms for a while. Addition only problem if not supplied. At first."

((Oh dear. PS the Sword was probably not expected to fly in-atmosphere. It will crash.))

"Huh. That is actually okay. I was expecting to have to pay an insane amount of token for it."

Okay back to the laser rifle. Hook it up to the largest energy supply it can take without melting or exploding. Test fire an examine results.

Ok, importantly, do you want to use the base rifle that you designed on here (with the extra chambers) or the one you actually made?

Mason heads towards the rec room, looking for a seat and thinking about what that nice woman had said.
His life was now basically gone, with nothing but memories proving it ever existed.
Then he looks at sexy, insanely dangerous cars.
You stretch out on the couch and flip through the magazine. My that is a lot of shiny chrome and bright paint.  And a lot of mid-air collisions. Oh dear.

"How's about implementing a targeting module in the stock of the rifle, connected to the firing mechanism and a capacitor that boosts the coils? A stability dampener which uses counterweights, and that scope.

"And an extended barrel to make sure the damage kicks in."

Ask

"If you could also answer this, I'd be very happy: Is it possible to obtain a weapon that uses Bose-Einstein condensate in the HMRC? Seeing as we have plasma weaponry and all..."
>Ok, lets start at the top.

Exactly what is that targeting module effecting and how? How is connecting it to the firing mechanism gonna make it more accurate? And a capacitor to boost firing power means increasing the time between shots. That or you have to add more generators.

As per a BEC, we can make it, but exactly what use do we have for a clump of atoms that can only exist at a few billionths of a degree above absolute zero? At best you could hypothetically use it as a projectile, but thats gonna be stupidly difficult and not very useful.

Use the laser to melt things off.
[con:1]
You raise your rifle to fire and proceed to fumble it right into the goo, where it sinks out of sight in an instant. Oops.

Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 2101