_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5932643 times)

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Hightech death machines before hos
« Reply #4110 on: July 12, 2012, 07:10:06 pm »

Inspect the weapons more closely one by one. Figure out if it is practical to carry them all at the same time.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: July 12, 2012, 10:26:27 pm »

"Wait, what? Painkiller addiction?! Why am I ad-"

Then it clicked for him, and suddenly all the aches and pains and shakes dissappeared from the overwhelming rage. All that was evident of this inner storm was the clenching of a fist and the tightening of his jaw.

It was time to slap a bitch.

"Steve. Where. Is. Mesk?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: July 12, 2012, 11:01:00 pm »

"About that kit, can the gauss rifle be able to shoot 25mm shells with the attachment? Semi-automatic, and then given a larger ammunition capacity? Or at least a grenade launcher attachment at the bottom of the barrel

"Or could we just have ammo belts with our suits? "

Ask this, if not feasible then:

"If we're going with gauss technology, then hows about a .50 caliber gauss rifle which would particularly be effective at close to medium range? With multiple types of ammunition like incendiary rounds or jacketless slugs?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: July 12, 2012, 11:33:09 pm »

"Uh." Charro's attention span was rapidly running out as he watched the golf ball bounce unimpressively across the blank background of the sim.
"Er, I'll take another look at that later."

>Save the hat-launcher design for now and go back to the throwing-blade-hat idea.
>Instead of what I did before, substitute the usual hat materials for lightweight metal(excepting the lining, of course! We can't sacrifice comfort!) and make the tall crown collapsible (kinda telescopic),  so that the wearer/wielder can swiftly squash the whole thing down into a sort of discus shape, ready for throwing.
>It should probably have a release catch/lock, too, to allow it to remain in tophat shape whilst worn.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 11:35:20 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: July 13, 2012, 05:05:16 am »

Try to figure out if the pipes are in use.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: July 13, 2012, 07:36:19 am »

"Not much" Mason speaks honestly "Do you have any magazines?"
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4116 on: July 13, 2012, 09:26:56 am »

High-ex that is fairly inexpensive and could create a crater maybe a half meter diameter, half a meter deep in supercrete with a charge size of about 33g (Very, very conservative estimate. I have a space of about 40mmx41mm cylinder, but the 33g estimate is based on the amount of explosive in a grenade of that size. Obviously, I'm counting low here, especially as most of that grenade's space isn't even explosive.).

If it's not too expensive and it's more effective with the same amount

Might as well also look into modern Thermobaric weapons.

Aster-Ex is probably a good bet for you. It's designed for use in space, very stable, easily shaped and not very expensive. Plus its explosion is a slightly slower, pushing type of blast, great for fragmentation. Maybe even too good if you're standing close to it.

As per thermobaric weapons, there aren't many, mostly because of their reliance on oxygen.

"E-excuse me, Doctor? Is it true you used to be a soldier? And... that you used shockwaves? Cause I was wondering about generating shockwaves through the air...

Oh, and how did that, er... overwrite thing go? The one you experimented on me for?"
"Used to be. Yes. Used shockwaves. Among other things. Will show you. Must finish with him first." He gestures to Bishop. 

"Plus. Need another test. Thing in your head may have changed things." He says, while pointing at your face, "Changed resistances."

((I was thinking of a cap of 7 or eight chambers. beyond that, it gets kind of pointless.))

"Steve? You still there? I asked how much they would cost."

Spawn a gauss rifle and remove the stock. Attach the rifle to the under side of a laser rifle and time the firing of the rifle so that it fires after the laser. Calibrate the gauss rifle to hit the spot the laser hit.

>What, focusing chambers? They're like 1 token each.

That underslung gauss rifle works fine too, wired up to the trigger of the laser rifle.

"Oh."

New Duel Sim.

Equipment: Army Clothes, Army Helmet, Rifle, Microwave Field Manipulator

Enemies: Germany Army

Allies: American and British Armies

You spawn on a beach and have just long enough to shout "CHAR-" before a German machinegun nest perforates you.

Just make the electrical current from the trigger also switch on the amp. Ensure the amp is further on the circuit than the trigger. Request prototype.

Problem 1: Electrical current moves a hell of a lot faster then that crossbow can fire, so you'd still have problems.

Problem 2: How would you run current into a projectile that is actively leaving the bow?

Inspect the weapons more closely one by one. Figure out if it is practical to carry them all at the same time.
The first weapon looks like a overlarge gauss rifle, but with a shortened barrel and different type of grip and trigger. It's loaded with blackshot. A shotgun.

The second weapon resembles a huge gauss rifle as well, but with a larger square clip, expanded barrel and what look like parallel generators. The rounds in the clip are smaller then normal rounds, but there are more of them. A semi-auto rifle by the look of it.

The final weapon is one you've never seen before. It doesn't seem to have a clip of any kind, but isn't a laser either. There's a rather large generator built into the stock and 4 soda can sized capacitors sticking out of one side. The scope and long barrel give you the feeling it's a sniper rifle, though you're not sure what it shoots.

As per carrying all of them at once, yeah, you could do that pretty easily. You are a giant now, after all.

"Wait, what? Painkiller addiction?! Why am I ad-"

Then it clicked for him, and suddenly all the aches and pains and shakes dissappeared from the overwhelming rage. All that was evident of this inner storm was the clenching of a fist and the tightening of his jaw.

It was time to slap a bitch.

"Steve. Where. Is. Mesk?"

>Currently on mission. Specifically he's asphyxiating a girl he kidnapped by standing around in smoke.

"About that kit, can the gauss rifle be able to shoot 25mm shells with the attachment? Semi-automatic, and then given a larger ammunition capacity? Or at least a grenade launcher attachment at the bottom of the barrel

"If we're going with gauss technology, then hows about a .50 caliber gauss rifle which would particularly be effective at close to medium range? With multiple types of ammunition like incendiary rounds or jacketless slugs?"

>Well, if you change the caliber then no, the kit won't work very well anymore. The scope would still work, but the barrel and things wouldn't.  As per modifying it, you can modify the rifle itself to be like that, but a 25mm bullet at semi-auto is gonna produce a fair bit of recoil.

"Uh." Charro's attention span was rapidly running out as he watched the golf ball bounce unimpressively across the blank background of the sim.
"Er, I'll take another look at that later."

>Save the hat-launcher design for now and go back to the throwing-blade-hat idea.
>Instead of what I did before, substitute the usual hat materials for lightweight metal(excepting the lining, of course! We can't sacrifice comfort!) and make the tall crown collapsible (kinda telescopic),  so that the wearer/wielder can swiftly squash the whole thing down into a sort of discus shape, ready for throwing.
>It should probably have a release catch/lock, too, to allow it to remain in tophat shape whilst worn.

Thats more reasonable, the only problems being that 1. In order to get it roughly flat you're gonna a need a shit ton of telescoping sections, and 2. that cloth liner is gonna get in the way.

Try to figure out if the pipes are in use.
You touch a few of the pipes. Some are vibrating ever so slightly from liquid moving inside them, while others seem dry.

"Not much" Mason speaks honestly "Do you have any magazines?"

"Any particular subject?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: July 13, 2012, 09:32:42 am »

>Well, if you change the caliber then no, the kit won't work very well anymore. The scope would still work, but the barrel and things wouldn't.  As per modifying it, you can modify the rifle itself to be like that, but a 25mm bullet at semi-auto is gonna produce a fair bit of recoil.

Alright! Something feasible!

"Strength requirement, then? I'd take it!

However, is it also possible to integrate a computer that would help with accuracy in relation to weather conditions (like rectifying the fire angle in a windy landscape), how much would that cost?"

((I'm going with the latter, along with the sniper attachment.))

Ask, then ask the cost.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: July 13, 2012, 09:43:32 am »

"anything on antigue cars?"
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: July 13, 2012, 09:55:04 am »

Restart battle, this time instead of army gear, be wearing a MKIII suit.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: July 13, 2012, 01:25:47 pm »

Roll for ideas.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: July 13, 2012, 01:46:54 pm »

See if I can melt off some unused pipes and use the material create a crude pole with a few prongs that I can push in front of me through the liquid. The prongs don't need to be too close, just close enough to prevent human-sized enemies from sneaking up to me through the sludge.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: July 13, 2012, 03:16:21 pm »

"No, dammit! The cloaking device. Give me a base price for them."

Increase the power of the laser enough to be able to heat a spot on armor to a orange heat rapidly. One or two seconds is optimal, more if nessecary.

((What I am aiming for here is to be able to soften an area of armor, then hit it with a gauss slug.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: July 13, 2012, 03:35:13 pm »

Faith frowned like a sad puppy at The Doctor's pointing.

"O-okay..."

Wander off but stay within earshot of The Doctor calling me. Talk to Steve.

"Hey Steve, what's the policy on, uh, keeping things that we find on missions? Like, I'm assuming we can't keep anything you'd want to study or use and we can keep anything you don't, but what's the specific protocol? And, uh, how does that apply to living things?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: July 13, 2012, 08:46:31 pm »

Aster-Ex seems like it'll work quite well for a beehive round, but right now I'm going for a pure HE grenade.

((Why use simple frag when you can use lots and lots and lots of small razors/flechettes?))
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 09:25:26 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 2101