_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5929702 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Hightech death machines before hos
« Reply #4065 on: July 11, 2012, 07:02:22 pm »

((Pyro. Dafuq.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: July 11, 2012, 07:28:07 pm »

Lukas feels a bit shocked about the results of his metamorphose. He inspects his new body while talking to the doctor. Damn, you turned me into a golem here. What exactly have you done?

Ask the above
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: July 11, 2012, 08:28:32 pm »

May loads up a VR session.

"Hey Steve, what constitutes a weapon as unconventional?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4068 on: July 11, 2012, 08:30:07 pm »

>Reinforce that brim! With a lightweight plate of metal or something. Without compromising the hat's elegance, of course.
"Oh, this might actually work. Great! Next I can get to work on the motion-sensor monocle."
Charro sounds more surprised than anyone about that first bit.
His only response to May is mumbling the above, since y'know, he's too busy(and unconscious) to notice the creepy plastic cyborg with the large potatoes.

((Edit: Prosperus, I can hardly wait to see you accidentally put your head through the ceiling. :))))
You insert a metal ring into the brim of the hat to make sure that it doesn't deform under the force of the springs.

Bishop waves away an annoying person trying to talk to him and thinks.

"Hmm. Got anything more durable and less prone to shattering by any chance thats in the same range?"
>The shattering is part of the design, absorbs the energy of hits too great to just shrug off. Thats how it goes with armor, it doesn't withstand things forever, eventually it will either break or deform. You can get yourself something that doesn't deform, but you'll probably be killed by the shock of the hit, at least in the case of anything really powerful. Plus it will cost more.

Mason walks over to the booth, and proceeds to question the guard.
"Whats the name of this ship?, Who's in charge?, Can i get past please?"
"Paracelsus' Sword, Steve, and no. Prisoners are not allowed in the lab. If you need something, let me know."

((Yeah, sorry about the length. :P

I think I'm gonna have to roll for electric thrusters. Possibly checking if anyone else uses them for anything or there's any electricity-based force weapon to base the concept off?

Oops that gave me an idea.))

Examine automated field manipulators. How much do they cost and how do they work?

Examine the cost and limitations of a shoulder-mounted, computer-controlled gun whose only purpose is to shoot incoming bullets out of the air (preferably only aimed at user, but examine shoots-everything or target-selectable bots if there's significant differences). Then examine a gun that can do that plus shoot things normally when commanded.

Examine feasibility of a weapon that creates air shockwaves. In other words, instead of shooting lasers or increasing heat or whatever, a device that puts a lot of force into ambient air or similar in order to push things around.

((I have more but I think I should stop now. I may need an intervention soon. :P))
(you can check pyro's list there, but I don't know if any of them will work for you.)

Attempting to open up a automated manipulator gives you a black box with a no entry sign over it. Cost varies depending on what it does and how well it does it.

Cost and limitations of that are gonna vary a lot because you could go from a hand laser that shoots softballs out of the air to a lesho rifle that could be used as an anti-ballistic missile system.

As per that last one, you could do something like that with a kinetic amplifer, heck people do that accidentally. Remember that the person Erik permakilled was killed by the force of the air coming off his punch, not even his punch. You may want to ask the armory master about it, surely you're not the only one who has thought of such a thing.

"Hrmm. Those are expensive. Got any camouflage to make me invisible? Or at least not easily noticed? I don't need anything too fancy, just something that will hide me if I want to stay in one place for a bit."

Explode a FC and examine its innards. See if there are any ways to shorten them, ie better quality materials, new tech, experimental tech.
The Focusing chambers can't be shortened because their size is dictated by the physical properties of the beam. A more expensive beam emitter could change that, but it would require changing out all the focusing chambers too.

>There are some simple optical camouflages, yes. They're not great, but they'll hide you well enough assuming you and your background isn't moving very much.

Gorat waits, wondering whether a smoke would be a better use of his time.

The machine drops you in another dark place and pops up a screen.

Name:Homo Absconditus
Description:---
Information: Found only on Tomb World Rho. Thought to be descendant of original workers on the world. Definitive information is hard to come by, but considered dangerous.

"Computer, what powers the amps in the exotic weaponry list?"

>The soul of the user.

Lukas feels a bit shocked about the results of his metamorphose. He inspects his new body while talking to the doctor. Damn, you turned me into a golem here. What exactly have you done?

Ask the above
"Gauss Gatling gun in right arm, cutting laser in left. Both can be used with arms attached. Barrel in palm. Permanent tesla arc in mouth. Activates when jaw is opened. Recommend not doing that in conversation."

He walks around behind you and raps on your back.

"Laser drones. 20 of them. Mild intelligence. Protects user and attacks enemies. Probably bad idea to let them see teammate punch you. They are protective." He nods a bit "Yes...they form bonds."

He steps around in front of you and places one hand on your chest.

"Charged Particle cannon. Long charge, very powerful. Make sure to dig in before firing."

He gestures for you to bend down and taps your head.

"Bullseye mode. Activate before important shot. Computer aids in everything, built directly into brain. Never miss a shot. Only good for one shot though. Has long reset. Damaging to tissue otherwise."

He takes a step back and looks you up and down.

"Body is strong and durable. Very strong and very durable. But is slow. Have made custom weapons for you. In locker."

"Hey Steve, what constitutes a weapon as unconventional?"

>Not a tube that sprays death and not something embedded directly in your flesh, basically.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: July 11, 2012, 08:37:01 pm »

"Hm...."

Set up Duel.

Equipment: Plate Armor, Polearm

Enemy: Ze French Muffin Man

Enemy Equipment: Unlimited Quantities of Muffins

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: July 11, 2012, 08:43:21 pm »

"Gauss Gatling gun in right arm, cutting laser in left. Both can be used with arms attached. Barrel in palm. Permanent tesla arc in mouth. Activates when jaw is opened. Recommend not doing that in conversation."

"Laser drones. 20 of them. Mild intelligence. Protects user and attacks enemies. Probably bad idea to let them see teammate punch you. They are protective." He nods a bit "Yes...they form bonds."

"Charged Particle cannon. Long charge, very powerful. Make sure to dig in before firing."

"Bullseye mode. Activate before important shot. Computer aids in everything, built directly into brain. Never miss a shot. Only good for one shot though. Has long reset. Damaging to tissue otherwise."

"Body is strong and durable. Very strong and very durable. But is slow. Have made custom weapons for you. In locker."

Lukas feels completely overwhelmed by what the doctor is telling him about his new body. The metamorphose had made him more powerful than he had ever dreamed to become. Still, Lukas didn't know whether he should be happy or depressed. His life would never be the same again, which is of course what he wanted, but he never really thought about the long term consequences. And of course, there was that other thing. "Uhm, wow doctor, this is really beyond my expectations. I will check out those weapons first thing after I get out of here. Uhm, about that other thing. You know, about you needing data? I guess you can now tell me what exactly you meant by that."
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: July 11, 2012, 08:56:54 pm »

((Hrm, looks like all existing electric propulsion systems don't really work on planets. Could I roll to search for or figure out something that would?))

Examine cost of an automated manipulator that can stop gauss rounds. Also see if there's automated manipulators for lasers or explosions.

Examine cost of a shoulder-mounted, preferably energy-based weapon for defending against gauss rounds.

Bring up tesla saber, modify effect to a pane rather than a rod (no practical knowledge on how to do that necessary, just make the simulation warp the effect or use several adjacent ones if necessary). Then test out various weapons on dummies behind said field, to get an idea of how lasers, gauss rounds, etc. shot through the tesla field react and affect targets. Use another, untesla'd dummy for comparison.

Then exit VR and head to AM, asking about shockwave-generating weapons.

"Um, excuse me. Odd question, but I was wondering if there was some way to generate shockwaves with a weapon? Like a kinetic amplifier applied to air, for instance?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: July 11, 2012, 09:10:58 pm »

((Irony, thrust can be created by running a large amount of electricity through an uninsulated wire suspended above something, like, say, tinfoil. The air around the wire is ionized, and the ionized air is attracted to the tinfoil, creating airflow, and thus, thrust. This square is being lifted by said ionic thrust.

That's just a basic example, though. For the real stuff, choose your flavor:
))

Examine the battlesuit and avatar to see how they manage to be so resistant to an exceedingly hot and powerful chemical fire, as well as corrosives produced by such.

Finding out some of the properties of the tougher armors.

((I notice you noticed my listing, but not my action.

Also, nice one, Prosperus. It's almost like the GM is telling us that willing projects of Der Doktor's get supremely overpowered stuff for no cost, whatsoever. Except maybe some bits of brain that haven't seemed to affect anything for Travis. Sure, you'll never be one for chatting with civvies, but that has come into play in exactly one mission, the current one. Just plain charisma, speech, whatever has come into play exactly twice: Once in the second mission with that former HMRC member, and the current mission.))
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 09:19:28 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: July 11, 2012, 09:14:48 pm »

((Examine cost of a shoulder-mounted, preferably energy-based weapon for defending against gauss rounds.))
((The armory master offered Milno an automated field manipulator that can take down gauss rounds and pieces of metal flying at high speeds towards the user. 7 token, but it can't deal with lots of shrapnel or anything much bigger than a softball. According to her, the calculations get more complex or something, which means that it gets more expensive.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: July 11, 2012, 09:21:40 pm »

Exit VR. Obtain manuals for laser rifle, mk2 and gauss rifle. Read them

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: July 11, 2012, 09:43:46 pm »

Also, nice one, Prosperus. It's almost like the GM is telling us that willing projects of Der Doktor's get supremely overpowered stuff for no cost, whatsoever. Except maybe some bits of brain that haven't seemed to affect anything for Travis. Sure, you'll never be one for chatting with civvies, but that has come into play in exactly one mission, the current one. Just plain charisma, speech, whatever has come into play exactly twice: Once in the second mission with that former HMRC member, and the current mission.))

((Yeah, it looks like fun time for the next mission :D (although I probably have to skip the next one due to holidays). However, I haven't heard the doctor's price yet. I sort of expect it to be something that should balance the benefits out)).

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4076 on: July 11, 2012, 09:48:00 pm »

"Hm...."

Set up Duel.

Equipment: Plate Armor, Polearm

Enemy: Ze French Muffin Man

Enemy Equipment: Unlimited Quantities of Muffins

You appear in a rather large bakery looking building, surrounded by muffins and plate armor. There is a rather confused looking man who is practically coated in flour is standing around in front of you.

Lukas feels completely overwhelmed by what the doctor is telling him about his new body. The metamorphose had made him more powerful than he had ever dreamed to become. Still, Lukas didn't know whether he should be happy or depressed. His life would never be the same again, which is of course what he wanted, but he never really thought about the long term consequences. And of course, there was that other thing. "Uhm, wow doctor, this is really beyond my expectations. I will check out those weapons first thing after I get out of here. Uhm, about that other thing. You know, about you needing data? I guess you can now tell me what exactly you meant by that."
"Soon." The doctor says, turning his back and walking toward the door, "Soon."

((Hrm, looks like all existing electric propulsion systems don't really work on planets. Could I roll to search for or figure out something that would?))

Examine cost of an automated manipulator that can stop gauss rounds. Also see if there's automated manipulators for lasers or explosions.

Examine cost of a shoulder-mounted, preferably energy-based weapon for defending against gauss rounds.

Bring up tesla saber, modify effect to a pane rather than a rod (no practical knowledge on how to do that necessary, just make the simulation warp the effect or use several adjacent ones if necessary). Then test out various weapons on dummies behind said field, to get an idea of how lasers, gauss rounds, etc. shot through the tesla field react and affect targets. Use another, untesla'd dummy for comparison.

Then exit VR and head to AM, asking about shockwave-generating weapons.

"Um, excuse me. Odd question, but I was wondering if there was some way to generate shockwaves with a weapon? Like a kinetic amplifier applied to air, for instance?"
1. Stopping a gauss round would probably mean a vector manipulator. So the cost of one of those, and then anywhere between 3 and 10 tokens for better or worse performance. Lasers and explosions can be handled the same way. Just gotta be careful how you set it up. Might end up stopping all photons and entombing yourself in absolute darkness.

2. Probably gonna need something pretty powerful, like a cutting laser. So there's the cost of that. The computer, which is gonna have to be wetware. You could buy that or you could make it, if you're morally flexible. Gonna need a nice maneuverable arm system, some good cameras or sensors-I suggest sensors-, programs to interpret data, probably an exoskeleton because the thing is gonna be massively unbalancing otherwise...yeah, it's not gonna be cheap.

3. Something like that will really only have an effect on metal, and not much of one because of the speeds. It would be like firing a bullet through an MRI machine: it might have a very minor effect, but nothing you'll see unless you put it a few dozen yards away from you.

The armory master actually smiles a bit as you ask her. It's not a happy sort of smile.

"I know one person who has used kinetically generated shockwaves. But he hasn't fought anything in a long time. Talk to the doctor. He might be willing to Reminisce."

((Irony, thrust can be created by running a large amount of electricity through an uninsulated wire suspended above something, like, say, tinfoil. The air around the wire is ionized, and the ionized air is attracted to the tinfoil, creating airflow, and thus, thrust. This square is being lifted by said ionic thrust.

That's just a basic example, though. For the real stuff, choose your flavor:
))

Examine the battlesuit and avatar to see how they manage to be so resistant to an exceedingly hot and powerful chemical fire, as well as corrosives produced by such.

Finding out some of the properties of the tougher armors.

((I notice you noticed my listing, but not my action.

supremely overpowered stuff for no cost
TANSTAAFL

Well, you can't tell much about why the avatar seems so uncaring, but the battlesuit is a bit easier. First, the armor isn't going to be effected by heat and doesn't dissolve very well in the acid. Second, there's only so much chemical in those shells, so there's only so much that can react. Even if it reacted like concrete, you'd still need a hell of a lot to get through. 900kgs made it through 30cm of concrete. You don't have 900 kgs and that suit isn't concrete.

Exit VR. Obtain manuals for laser rifle, mk2 and gauss rifle. Read them
laser rifle manual doesn't say much except for explaining the purposes of the dials. Gauss rifle one just talks about overcharge firing and the MK II talks mostly about how to get your own drugs into the system and about how to make sure you don't over dose yourself or accidentally activate those irises. Oh, and there's that whole "Decapitation" button for easy head carrying of dead teammates.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 09:49:42 pm by piecewise »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: July 11, 2012, 09:58:27 pm »

((Yeah, it looks like fun time for the next mission :D (although I probably have to skip the next one due to holidays). However, I haven't heard the doctor's price yet. I sort of expect it to be something that should balance the benefits out)).

((I'm not sure if anything else the Der Doktor did could really balance out having a very tough body, obscene weaponry, an aiming system that cannot miss (even if it needs time to recharge), special equipment that hasn't even been told to you yet, and quite frankly, everything that you will ever need to survive the HMRC.

I went through a much more complicated process to make a blade that pops out of Simus' arm, and she paid 4/5 of her tokens on it. You got all of that for free, essentially. Sure, it was custom equipment defined by me, but PW has given you custom equipment defined to fit neatly into how your character will fight. Any penalties like to med, aux, and workmanship will be irrelevant to you, the other players do those, and can do them for you. The only real things PW can slap you with is being physically slow, fairly low dex, perhaps low will, and maybe some other stuff, but compared to the advantages, it will be fairly minor to you.

There may be no such thing as a free lunch, but PW has given you a banquet for pennies, so it seems.

I know that probably sounds a bit whiny, but what can really be done to offset your massive advantage that was just given to you?

Oh, and the spill got through the 30cm of concrete... and 90cm of ground beneath.))

Computer Query: How much will the launcher cost, as well as additional incendiary shells?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 10:01:32 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: July 11, 2012, 10:09:35 pm »

The only real things PW can slap you with is being physically slow, fairly low dex, perhaps low will, and maybe some other stuff, but compared to the advantages, it will be fairly minor to you.
((You underestimate the power of the dark side cryptic open-ended contract. He could start reprogramming their personalities at will for all we know. Or decide they've served their purpose and transfer them to a paperweight. Or fuse them together into one deranged wetwork-controlled abomination against man and god.))

Faith's eyes went wide as saucers.

"Wh- The Doctor?!" she sputtered incredulously. "He was actually a combat guy? I thought he was just a medical specialist!"

She spent a few more seconds staring at the floor, brow furrowed, trying to imagine just what The Doctor would be like in battle.

"Uh, thanks," she said, snapping back to reality. "I'll, uh... oh yeah, one other thing. Is there an advantage to having multiple kinetic amplifiers? I know Erik had at least four..."

Ask AM about the benefits of multiple kinetic amplifiers versus just one. Then find the Doctor and incredulously ask if he was really a soldier. If so, inquire about kinetic shockwaves.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: July 11, 2012, 10:19:11 pm »

Label suit with info from manual. Head back into VR, test sniper crossbow with kinetic amp tip and explosive tip against mk3, battlesuit, avatar of war, and an arbiter.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 10:38:58 pm by Spinal_Taper »
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 2101