_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5928077 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Hightech death machines before hos
« Reply #4035 on: July 11, 2012, 12:03:22 am »

>Attention, May is looking to make a few tokens. She's willing to get down on her knees and beg. Or anything else she can do on her knees. I'm sure you'll think of something.

((Are you suggesting that May is willing to polish our shoes for money?))
Is that what they're calling it these days? You kids and your crazy lingo.

-Requesting thought process-
As per that supercollider...do you mean something that basically combines two things? A program like that is possible, though a physical machine...less so.
Alright...what do you think?
I don't know, it just came to me. That one said it.
Oh really? Hey you, what do you think?
Stupid thought processes.

Computer, could you generate a simulation with our conventional plasma weapon featured in the armory and Cog's chambered rifle?

Could you also generate a simulation that includes a portable container with which fusion reaction can occur with it's converter?...We have that level of tech, right?

>By simulation with those two weapons...do you just mean plop those two weapons down on the ground and say ta-da? Cause I can do that.

Also, remember when I said that the fusion reactors do exist? Well they do...they're just not exactly small or portable. Hope thats not a problem.

Estimate cost of replacing crappy tesla arc electronics with quality ones.

Then examine feasibility of reducing the size and cost to a hand or arm-mounted version. Loss of power is obviously acceptable.

Finally, examine what comprises the armor of an avatar of war, battle suit, and MKIII.

1.about 3 tokens, plus the cost of the tesla arc.

2. Well, the easiest thing to do in the case of hand or arm mounted, if you don't mind it still being heavy and expensive, is to take pretty much all the guts of the thing and make them into backpack, leaving just the business end to by attached to your hand.

3.Well, MK III doesn't really have any real armor, and the battlesuit has been explained already, just the metal with the fibers mixed in. The Avatar...well that's something different. It's kinda classified.

((Tiruin, your coloured words make me think that characters of the HMRC are speaking them, which given the tone of each sentance, I can fit pretty good with people who already speak in those colours, excepting red since noone speak in that so I imagine May before her transformation speaking those. The order is Feyri, Jim, Pre-May and then Bishop of course. He's not one for mental dwelling when he has enough problems in the real world.))

Bishop took off the VR helmet for a bit and rubbed his eyes in frustration and a small bit of stress. Unless he invented a whole new suit, there was no previous designs to really go off on, aside from the industrial suit which he suspected was somewhat unmodable. He sighed and put the helmet back on.

"Right, it looks like I'll have to make something from scratch. Steve, what suitable armor plates would be able to survive a nuke at relatively thin amounts? How would I go about incorporating the sensor range of CamEyes into such a helmet effectively?"

>That depends, how much do you want to pay? Because "Survive nuke" and "Thin" do not go together cheaply.

Modify the visor, or what have you to enable telescopic vision and infrared.

Thomas sighed. Whatever the hell Steve meant, he was going to find out.
"Damn it May." He muttered
Once again, he contacted May.
"May, mind clarifying what Steve said? Do you need help?"
Well, you could replace the standard camera with something a bit more expensive to do that.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: July 11, 2012, 12:14:36 am »

Yeah, modify the camera. Get a price check on the Milno style helmet with telescopic view and infared. Check the cooled armor and base Milno armor.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4037 on: July 11, 2012, 12:20:20 am »

>Lukas

You wake up.

Yeah, modify the camera. Get a price check on the Milno style helmet with telescopic view and infared. Check the cooled armor and base Milno armor.

Camera is gonna be like 2 token, your cooled armor..well that depends on the cooling method since you scrapped that internally liquid cooled thing, and I forgot how much I made milno pay for his armor...it wasn't cheap though. I think all in all it was like 13 token. I'll have to read back.

edit: here's what I told milno for the cost of armoring.

Back plate is 3, helmet is 1, pauldrons are 2, shin pads are 1 each, upper leg is 3, forearm plates are 1, knuckle pads are 1 for both hands, and knee guards are 1 for both knees. Upper arm is gonna be 1 each.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 12:23:42 am by piecewise »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: July 11, 2012, 12:29:09 am »

Back plate is 3, helmet is 1, pauldrons are 2, shin pads are 1 each, upper leg is 3, forearm plates are 1, knuckle pads are 1 for both hands, and knee guards are 1 for both knees. Upper arm is gonna be 1 each.
((Plus chest plate for 3 tokens and pelvis protection for...was it 2 tokens? Yes, 2 tokens for pelvis area protection.

Anyway, the whole set is pretty heavy, and prioritizing the "important" parts is probably the best option.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: July 11, 2012, 12:46:42 am »

Make Milnos armor 1/2 as thick, except head and torso, cut those to 2/3s. Is the price just what math says?

Cooled is liquid cooled, all the gadgets powered via backpack. Tubes just below 1 inch layer of metal. Is that what I scrapped?

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: July 11, 2012, 12:52:19 am »

Lukas blinks his eyes as they are getting used to the light. He tries to lift his head up a little to see what is left of his former self. He then looks around to see if there is still somebody in the room with him.

Check everything below the neck. Look around if someone else is in the room.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: July 11, 2012, 12:55:05 am »

"Is it possible to merge Cog's rifle and parts of the plasma weapon?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: July 11, 2012, 02:12:13 am »

"How about plates that are 1 and a half to 2 and a half inches thick? Any recommendations in that range?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: July 11, 2012, 03:47:29 am »

((I forgot how the battlesuit armor worked. Which part defends against what again?))

Examine feasibility of powering propulsion systems, like MKIII rockets, using electricity.

Look up field manipulator side effects. What happens when they go wrong again?

See if "energy shields" are used for anything, and if not what the trouble with them is.

Examine feasibility and cost of a computer-controlled system intended to replicate a skill, both with and without user being skilled in relevant field. In other words, a medic-bot that performs medical functions for a medic or a gun-bot that shoots things for someone who can't shoot straight.

Examine cost to effectiveness ratio and general limitations of computer-controlled systems with high reflex speed when performing complex tasks, such as a bot to place itself between an incoming projectile and its target or fire at anything moving before its owner can react.

Examine cost and effectiveness of machine sensors and interpretation of resulting data; ie how well can a machine "see" what's going on and understand it for a given cost.

Finally, attempt to figure out what the usual, discount, and high-end solutions are for most common attack forms- how people stop or soften bullets, lasers, explosions, etc.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: July 11, 2012, 05:52:22 am »

"I mean fast, agile suits made for reconnaissance."

Thicken the stock and shove everything as far back as it will go.

((I'm not looking to squeeze an extra chamber in, I want to take the chambers I already have and get them in the rifle.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: July 11, 2012, 06:45:52 am »

Modify the visor, or what have you to enable telescopic vision and infrared.

Thomas sighed. Whatever the hell Steve meant, he was going to find out.
"Damn it May." He muttered
Once again, he contacted May.
"May, mind clarifying what Steve said? Do you need help?"
"NEED THE TOKENS MAN. WAGHHHH-"
Go annoy everyone in the VR machines until they give me tokens.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: July 11, 2012, 06:46:31 am »

Yep, break-action grenade-launcher style.

Spawn a MkIII Suit, Battlesuit, and Avatar of war. Test the weapon on all three. Enjoy the fact that the by-products of the chemical fire are two acids, one really good against flesh and bone, the other really good against inorganic material.

Step out of VR for a moment to reply to the whining girl:

One, I already used mine, two, if you don't stop distracting me from my work, I might show you what I spent it on... and you won't like the results.

Step back in to VR and continue my work.

((Jim, how about just using a different font? It's what I've been doing. How about Andale Mono?))
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:07:29 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: July 11, 2012, 07:54:38 am »

Mason heads to the research labs to see what is going on.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: July 11, 2012, 08:39:13 am »

((Happy birthday, Caellath!))

>Re-attach the 'crown' of the hat to the brim with two springs, attempting to create a sort of 'slingshot' launcher, like so:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Being drunk makes typing/MSPainting kinda hard. :-\ Hopefully you get the idea))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: July 11, 2012, 08:46:00 am »

Maybe leviathans aren't good one-on-one foes. Change it up once more.

Randomly choose a known motile, tool-using xeno as the enemy. Start a duel in the xeno's native surroundings, putting us at a randomized distance between 100 and 1000 feet. Display detailed xeno information before the battle starts, then unpause.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 08:59:13 am by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 2101