_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5929885 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Hightech death machines before hos
« Reply #4050 on: July 11, 2012, 11:34:12 am »

((Being drunk makes typing/MSPainting kinda hard. :-\ Hopefully you get the idea))
((You sir, are my hero. Drunk, but your post grammar doesn't suffer.))
"May, what do you need tokens for?"
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 11:48:38 am by Spinal_Taper »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: July 11, 2012, 11:44:59 am »

((Actually, I left a '.' off the end of that last bit. I just noticed that. D:
Edit: also I wasn't that drunk anymore... Just at the point where typing becomes kinda a chore.))
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 12:22:55 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4052 on: July 11, 2012, 12:25:08 pm »

Make Milnos armor 1/2 as thick, except head and torso, cut those to 2/3s. Is the price just what math says?

Cooled is liquid cooled, all the gadgets powered via backpack. Tubes just below 1 inch layer of metal. Is that what I scrapped?
Price decrease follows the math, yeah.

As per that cooled thing, there are a few things to look at. So you have the plate armor with the liquid running through it radiator style, and you have inlet and outlet tubing. How do you want to handle that tubing? Just run it bare to the pump? Also, about that pump; do you want it to be just an air cooled system, so nothing but the pump, a mechanically cooled system, via heat sinks, fans or the like, or an actively cooled system which actually uses refrigerant technology to cool it. They get more efficient and more expensive as they go up.

Lukas blinks his eyes as they are getting used to the light. He tries to lift his head up a little to see what is left of his former self. He then looks around to see if there is still somebody in the room with him.

Check everything below the neck. Look around if someone else is in the room.

You sit up and look down at yourself. First thing you notice is that you've changed size quite a bit; you're now a goddamn giant. Judging from the distance to your feet you must be nearly 3 meters tall and with shoulders over a meter wide. Everything about your new body is massive, like a giant bodybuilder cast in iron; your arms are a bit too long and large to be proportional, and your hands could crush heads like eggs. Your legs are longer then a normal man's by far, but still look a bit stumpy in comparison to your arms. You feel your head. It feels like an enormous metal skull, your eyes being nothing but cameras in the sockets. You stand up off the bed, which isn't the bed you started on. This one is more like the bed of a flatbed truck.

You stand slightly hunched so you don't hit the ceiling, and look around. The doctor is standing on the opposite side of the room, his hands clasped behind his back.

"Is it possible to merge Cog's rifle and parts of the plasma weapon?"

>uh...well if by merge you mean "Duct tape together" then yeah. If you mean "combine them in a meaningful way" then no. Their mechanics are completely different.

"How about plates that are 1 and a half to 2 and a half inches thick? Any recommendations in that range?"

>Battlesuit plate.

((I forgot how the battlesuit armor worked. Which part defends against what again?))

Examine feasibility of powering propulsion systems, like MKIII rockets, using electricity.

Look up field manipulator side effects. What happens when they go wrong again?

See if "energy shields" are used for anything, and if not what the trouble with them is.

Examine feasibility and cost of a computer-controlled system intended to replicate a skill, both with and without user being skilled in relevant field. In other words, a medic-bot that performs medical functions for a medic or a gun-bot that shoots things for someone who can't shoot straight.

Examine cost to effectiveness ratio and general limitations of computer-controlled systems with high reflex speed when performing complex tasks, such as a bot to place itself between an incoming projectile and its target or fire at anything moving before its owner can react.

Examine cost and effectiveness of machine sensors and interpretation of resulting data; ie how well can a machine "see" what's going on and understand it for a given cost.

Finally, attempt to figure out what the usual, discount, and high-end solutions are for most common attack forms- how people stop or soften bullets, lasers, explosions, etc.

Christ this is a long one.

The battle suit's armor is very complex, made of 5 layers of armor. The first 3 layers are identical, while the last two are heavier and thicker. The first three are made of some sort of metal meta-material which has been mixed with untold thousands of hair thin metallic fibers, like fiberglass. These fibers are so prevalent and reflective that they cause lasers to deflect and have difficulty focusing on an specific point, acting as insulation as well as greatly reinforcing the metal.

The inner layers are a more traditional straight meta material that seems designed more to protect against brute force.

1. Wanna suggest a possible way to do that? Or should I roll for it.

2.I think you saw what happens when they go wrong first hand. As per effects, they come in 3 categories: Overcompensation, Error, and overload. They are rolls of 6,1, and attempting to do something insanely outside the capacity of the user respectively. The first results in whatever the user wanted to do getting done, but getting done out of proportion. Ie, more heat, more force or greater size then intended. Errors lead to unpredictable side effects, usually never good ones. Overloads are unpredictable as well, but are massive in scale. The dam destruction was an overload.

3. There are no generic energy shields because...well that makes no goddamn sense. The closest you get are automatic field manipulators which do things like cancel out the kinetic energy of objects or manipulate vectors. So they kind of exist, but not in that generic "Glowing shield that stops anything" variety.

4.That kind of all depends on the skill. For shooting thats not so hard...well not so easy either but it works. It would require and exoskeleton, a computer, a gun and some good cameras, plus some nice custom software, but you could do it. Problem being that there is of course the chance that it could make you go accidentally feral if you have it on all the time and it ends up killing teammates/civilians who look at you funny. Or you could leave it off or on standby and thereby completely ruin any sort of speedy reaction time because you have to wait for the thing to boot up.

Medicine would be a lot more difficult, at least the complex crap. The MK II already does drugging and forceful amputation, but thats all pretty easy to guess with the right sensors. Actually doing complex surgery would be a lot more difficult.

5.The biggest problem here isn't the action. It's relatively simple to create an automated gun that can shoot other bullets out of the air. That's just doing physics calculations really fast. The problem is having a computer that can handle different situations, that can interpret data and act accordingly and not freak out once you take it out of its little defined action box. And for that you're probably either gonna need a very very expensive computer or a wetware one.

6. Again, its all about the machine interpreting that data that is the problem.

7.Armor. Pretty much always armor. Sometimes automated Field manipulators.

"I mean fast, agile suits made for reconnaissance."

Thicken the stock and shove everything as far back as it will go.

((I'm not looking to squeeze an extra chamber in, I want to take the chambers I already have and get them in the rifle.))
Ah, well you can move them back a bit, but those extra chambers are pretty long. Remember, the more you have, the longer each successive one is. Only way to really get them in is to extend the stock like a foot or more or you could just put metal around them.

>MK III.

Modify the visor, or what have you to enable telescopic vision and infrared.

Thomas sighed. Whatever the hell Steve meant, he was going to find out.
"Damn it May." He muttered
Once again, he contacted May.
"May, mind clarifying what Steve said? Do you need help?"
"NEED THE TOKENS MAN. WAGHHHH-"
Go annoy everyone in the VR machines until they give me tokens.

You head to the rec room and proceed to annoy people there.

Yep, break-action grenade-launcher style.

Spawn a MkIII Suit, Battlesuit, and Avatar of war. Test the weapon on all three. Enjoy the fact that the by-products of the chemical fire are two acids, one really good against flesh and bone, the other really good against inorganic material.

Step out of VR for a moment to reply to the whining girl:

One, I already used mine, two, if you don't stop distracting me from my work, I might show you what I spent it on... and you won't like the results.

Step back in to VR and continue my work.

((Jim, how about just using a different font? It's what I've been doing. How about Andale Mono?))
Standard MKIII melts and burns. Battlesuit smolders but doesn't seem very effected. Avatar doesn't seem to mind it.

Mason heads to the research labs to see what is going on.
You walk to the research labs but find them cut off from the ship by a vault like door. There is a man sitting in a kiosk near the door though, maybe he can tell you whats going on.

((Happy birthday, Caellath!))

>Re-attach the 'crown' of the hat to the brim with two springs, attempting to create a sort of 'slingshot' launcher, like so:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Being drunk makes typing/MSPainting kinda hard. :-\ Hopefully you get the idea))
Gonna need to reenforce the brim for that to work. As it is it will just kinda crumple and rip.

Maybe leviathans aren't good one-on-one foes. Change it up once more.

Randomly choose a known motile, tool-using xeno as the enemy. Start a duel in the xeno's native surroundings, putting us at a randomized distance between 100 and 1000 feet. Display detailed xeno information before the battle starts, then unpause.
Loading... Ie give me a bit to think of one.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: July 11, 2012, 12:28:27 pm »

>Reinforce that brim! With a lightweight plate of metal or something. Without compromising the hat's elegance, of course.
"Oh, this might actually work. Great! Next I can get to work on the motion-sensor monocle."
Charro sounds more surprised than anyone about that first bit.
His only response to May is mumbling the above, since y'know, he's too busy(and unconscious) to notice the creepy plastic cyborg with the large potatoes.

((Edit: Prosperus, I can hardly wait to see you accidentally put your head through the ceiling. :))))
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 12:38:42 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: July 11, 2012, 12:34:59 pm »

Bishop waves away an annoying person trying to talk to him and thinks.

"Hmm. Got anything more durable and less prone to shattering by any chance thats in the same range?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: July 11, 2012, 12:48:50 pm »

His only response to May is mumbling the above, since y'know, he's too busy(and unconscious) to notice the creepy plastic cyborg with the large potatoes.
((Isn't May just Elizas' old body reworked (as in having flesh modified) into an albino "thing"? Of course now May has those prosthetics, but people were calling him/her/it a cyborg even before that.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: July 11, 2012, 12:52:42 pm »

((Did the math, it's 15 all together for the reduced size Milno set.))
What would be the price for each?
Leave VR
"May, what do you need?"
Head back in once answered.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: July 11, 2012, 12:54:33 pm »

Mason walks over to the booth, and proceeds to question the guard.
"Whats the name of this ship?, Who's in charge?, Can i get past please?"
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: July 11, 2012, 02:05:20 pm »

((Isn't May just Elizas' old body reworked (as in having flesh modified) into an albino "thing"? Of course now May has those prosthetics, but people were calling him/her/it a cyborg even before that.))

(( New personality, thanks to Herr docktar. Elisaz is buried in the subconscious somewhere though.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: July 11, 2012, 02:15:01 pm »

(( New personality, thanks to Herr docktar. Elisaz is buried in the subconscious somewhere though.))
((Yeah, I was addressing the problem of people calling May a cyborg. Although I am somewhat hoping Elizas appears again when May is alone with Thomas.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: July 11, 2012, 02:28:41 pm »

((Yeah, sorry about the length. :P

I think I'm gonna have to roll for electric thrusters. Possibly checking if anyone else uses them for anything or there's any electricity-based force weapon to base the concept off?

Oops that gave me an idea.))

Examine automated field manipulators. How much do they cost and how do they work?

Examine the cost and limitations of a shoulder-mounted, computer-controlled gun whose only purpose is to shoot incoming bullets out of the air (preferably only aimed at user, but examine shoots-everything or target-selectable bots if there's significant differences). Then examine a gun that can do that plus shoot things normally when commanded.

Examine feasibility of a weapon that creates air shockwaves. In other words, instead of shooting lasers or increasing heat or whatever, a device that puts a lot of force into ambient air or similar in order to push things around.

((I have more but I think I should stop now. I may need an intervention soon. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: July 11, 2012, 03:17:58 pm »

"Hrmm. Those are expensive. Got any camouflage to make me invisible? Or at least not easily noticed? I don't need anything too fancy, just something that will hide me if I want to stay in one place for a bit."

Explode a FC and examine its innards. See if there are any ways to shorten them, ie better quality materials, new tech, experimental tech.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: July 11, 2012, 03:21:13 pm »

Gorat waits, wondering whether a smoke would be a better use of his time.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: July 11, 2012, 04:08:49 pm »

((Irony, thrust can be created by running a large amount of electricity through an uninsulated wire suspended above something, like, say, tinfoil. The air around the wire is ionized, and the ionized air is attracted to the tinfoil, creating airflow, and thus, thrust. This square is being lifted by said ionic thrust.

That's just a basic example, though. For the real stuff, choose your flavor:
))

Examine the battlesuit and avatar to see how they manage to be so resistant to an exceedingly hot and powerful chemical fire, as well as corrosives produced by such.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 06:12:40 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: July 11, 2012, 06:47:50 pm »

"Computer, what powers the amps in the exotic weaponry list?"
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 2101