_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5928447 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Hightech death machines before hos
« Reply #4020 on: July 10, 2012, 07:14:32 pm »

"Oh."

Go scrounge for tokens.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: July 10, 2012, 07:59:14 pm »

Pull self from mild catatonic state in bed, return to VR with determination.

"Computer, what do you think about fusing plasma and laser-based weaponry?"

And...more on that idea that I've been pressing on, is it possible to use fusion power reactors?

Oh, and what I'm thinking right here.
I ThiNk the Time is rIpe to aSk SteVe for a sUpercolliDer in whiCh we can hAve different types of wEapons, amMunition, aNd lifeforms colliDe at nearly the spEed of light to sEe wHat coMes out.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:43:31 pm by Tiruin »

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: July 10, 2012, 08:29:25 pm »

((I think the time is ripe to ask Steve for a supercollider in which we can have different types of weapons, ammunition, and lifeforms collide at nearly the speed of light to see what comes out.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4023 on: July 10, 2012, 09:24:23 pm »

50mm Quarter-power, then.

Pull up a gauss rifle shell, blow it up to fit the 50mm caliber, and hollow out the inside so there's ~40mm of space inside it, and fill it with Chlorine Trifluoride, after making sure that there is no way for the chemical to ignite in the shell. Cap the round, but with a soft tip so as to allow the chemical to be released on impact.

((ClF3. !!FUN!! stuff.

It is, of course, extremely toxic, but that's the least of the problem. It is hypergoCic with every known fuel, and so rapidly hypergoCic that no ignition delay has ever been measured. It is also hypergoCic with such things as cloth, wood, and tesi engineers, not to mention asbesios, sand, and water — with which it reacts explosively. It can be kept in some of the ordinary structural metals — steel, copper, aluminum, etc. — because of the formation of a thin film of insoluble metal fluoride which protects the bulk of the metal, jusi as the invisible coat of oxide on aluminum keeps it from burning up in the atmosphere. If, however, this coat is melted or scrubbed off, and has no chance to reform, the operator is confronted with the problem of coping with a metal-fluorine fire. For dealing with this situation, I have always recommended a good pair of running shoes.
))
Alrighty, special insanely dangerous, flammable, poisonous grenades that will either kill you via fire, poison, melting your bones or other such horrible horrible things.

Now, about that gun. You're gonna need to basically build it from scratch because everything is different sized so you can't really modify a standard one. Ie it's gonna be a bit more work then normal, but not much more expensive. God help us, it's a cheap and distressingly effective weapon. You want it to be breech loading like your standard grenade launcher?   

((Hold it, wait! Lasers can be bent in a prism!

Still viable idea?))
Do you have an example of this in real life? Not of lasers in prisms, but of this thing you're thinking of. Because I'm fairly sure that what you're talking about won't really work. But then again, not a laser expert. Hell, I've never even taken a physics class.

((No. Probably not.))

"Fuck you too chair. Alright, lets modify the shit out of this rifle."

Enter VR pull up my rifle, and see if I can move the electronics down beneath the FC (Focusing Chambers) with the laser emitter still at the back. Then shove the FC into the the stock.

"Oh and Steve? There seems to be a lack of scout suits in the armory."
The laser emitter is already partially in the stock, so you don't really have the space to squeeze in another focusing chamber.

>Scout suits? Define scout suit.

Look up flamethrowers or similar, as well as the cost of a more permanent tesla arc.

Also look up any armored, preferably powered suits that aren't on the list. Nothing too extreme, of course.

Finally, look up the different types of armor that go into suits and vehicles.

Flamethrowers still exist, obviously, but are lesser used because Tesla arcs are generally more effective. As per creating a permanent tesla arc, all you'd really have to do is replace the rather shitty internal electronics with ones that don't burn out.

When it comes to powered, armored suits, there are variants of the battlesuit, and then there are specialized "Limbed loaders" which are basically like forklifts or constructon' machines on two or more legs. They're not used very often because, well, there's not a lot of places where having legs is better then wheels or treads. They don't come armored, at least not very much, but you could armor them yourself.

And for that there's really jusi too many to list.

Take Milnos helmet, modify the eyes. Add a scope, infared, and the barrel of a laser pistol on the right side.
Well...helmets don't have eyes.

"Oh."

Go scrounge for tokens.

>Attention, May is looking to make a few tokens. She's willing to get down on her knees and beg. Or anything else she can do on her knees. I'm sure you'll think of something.

And...more on that idea that I've been pressing on, is it possible to use fusion power reactors?

Oh, and what I'm thinking right here.
I ThiNk the Time is rIpe to aSk SteVe for a sUpercolliDer in whiCh we can hAve different types of wEapons, amMunition, aNd lifeforms colliDe at nearly the spEed of light to sEe wHat coMes out.

>I'm uncertain.

As per fusion powered reactors...well yes. Technically it is.

As per that supercollider...do you mean something that basically combines two things? A program like that is possible, though a physical machine...less so.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: July 10, 2012, 09:39:46 pm »

>Attention, May is looking to make a few tokens. She's willing to get down on her knees and beg. Or anything else she can do on her knees. I'm sure you'll think of something.

((Are you suggesting that May is willing to polish our shoes for money?))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: July 10, 2012, 09:44:18 pm »

-Requesting thought process-
As per that supercollider...do you mean something that basically combines two things? A program like that is possible, though a physical machine...less so.
Alright...what do you think?
I don't know, it just came to me. That one said it.
Oh really? Hey you, what do you think?
Stupid thought processes.

Computer, could you generate a simulation with our conventional plasma weapon featured in the armory and Cog's chambered rifle?

Could you also generate a simulation that includes a portable container with which fusion reaction can occur with it's converter?...We have that level of tech, right?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: July 10, 2012, 09:48:31 pm »

Estimate cost of replacing crappy tesla arc electronics with quality ones.

Then examine feasibility of reducing the size and cost to a hand or arm-mounted version. Loss of power is obviously acceptable.

Finally, examine what comprises the armor of an avatar of war, battle suit, and MKIII.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: July 10, 2012, 09:50:17 pm »

-Requesting thought process-

((A program to simply combine two things sounds like a lot less fun than a program that collides things at nearly the speed of light. However, the former sounds more helpful.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: July 10, 2012, 10:00:24 pm »

((Tiruin, your coloured words make me think that characters of the HMRC are speaking them, which given the tone of each sentance, I can fit pretty good with people who already speak in those colours, excepting red since noone speak in that so I imagine May before her transformation speaking those. The order is Feyri, Jim, Pre-May and then Bishop of course. He's not one for mental dwelling when he has enough problems in the real world.))

Bishop took off the VR helmet for a bit and rubbed his eyes in frustration and a small bit of stress. Unless he invented a whole new suit, there was no previous designs to really go off on, aside from the industrial suit which he suspected was somewhat unmodable. He sighed and put the helmet back on.

"Right, it looks like I'll have to make something from scratch. Steve, what suitable armor plates would be able to survive a nuke at relatively thin amounts? How would I go about incorporating the sensor range of CamEyes into such a helmet effectively?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: July 10, 2012, 10:02:52 pm »

(Actually the orange could be one of three people, and I'm going to have to change from gold because I realized Orb already has that and now I'm biting his style. :P Time to look up color codes again and come up with a custom one...)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: July 10, 2012, 10:04:41 pm »

(Actually the orange could be one of three people, and I'm going to have to change from gold because I realized Orb already has that and now I'm biting his style. :P Time to look up color codes again and come up with a custom one...)
((2 degrees above the same color as the page. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: July 10, 2012, 10:05:43 pm »

((Tiruin, your coloured words make me think that characters of the HMRC are speaking them, which given the tone of each sentance, I can fit pretty good with people who already speak in those colours, excepting red since noone speak in that so I imagine May before her transformation speaking those. The order is Feyri, Jim, Pre-May and then Bishop of course. He's not one for mental dwelling when he has enough problems in the real world.))
((It's their tonal voices in the mind that match the people she'd met :P

Or...don't tell me thoughts speak in monotone!))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: July 10, 2012, 10:11:46 pm »

(Tiruin's right. I don't think Jim said anything to anybody until eh was a robot and didn't afraid of anything, so he would sound like this in her mind. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: July 10, 2012, 10:16:05 pm »

Modify the visor, or what have you to enable telescopic vision and infrared.

Thomas sighed. Whatever the hell Steve meant, he was going to find out.
"Damn it May." He muttered
Once again, he contacted May.
"May, mind clarifying what Steve said? Do you need help?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: July 10, 2012, 10:25:02 pm »

((@Everyone: Thank you for wishing a happy birthday to me. I already commemorated and feel rather nice.))
Happy birthday Caellath! There's a cake waiting for you back on the ship!
((I have the slightest impression the cake is a lie, though.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 2101