_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5927864 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Hightech death machines before hos
« Reply #4005 on: July 10, 2012, 02:02:53 pm »

((Happy birthday, but things are definitely going to get worse in at least one thread. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: July 10, 2012, 02:05:54 pm »

May goes to the Armory. "Master-San! Do you have a webcam I could use?"

((No. Just... NO. Don't do a random japanese accent out of your ass! That's both disturbing coming from May and also out of character. NOOOOO!

No offense, but I don't think that it makes sense. Do people even speak the second hardest human language (japanese, which isn't as popular and widespread as the hardest human language, english) anymore in the future?

Also, Happy Birthday Caellath!))

Bishop was silent for a minute, just staring at the thing infront of him, before managing to speak.

"It's.. It's HORRIBLE! Good god, how does the leg shields even work against explosions without crippling people?! Oh right, I forgot about the state of the government. Never mind.

And the sad thing is that it's STILL more protective than the space suits we wear! Life sucks for us. Have you any other options on file Steve?"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: July 10, 2012, 02:43:28 pm »

((Happy birthday Caellath!

Also, don't see how Mays accent is out-of-character, when speaking penguin and laying siege to the fourth wall is.))
Put the cooling system further down, just below the plating, then load up Milnos armor, then test the two inch version, that, and the metal plated, but make sure I insulated them. For testing, laser rifles, gauss rifles and tesla sabers.

"May? Are you still there? I'm still kinda mad at you... Please?"
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 04:32:59 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: July 10, 2012, 02:47:08 pm »

((Happy Birthday!))

Of course I was too slow. What was I thinking?

Laser the thing in the... whatever may be in sight.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: July 10, 2012, 03:18:26 pm »

((No. Just... NO. Don't do a random japanese accent out of your ass! That's both disturbing coming from May and also out of character. NOOOOO!

No offense, but I don't think that it makes sense. Do people even speak the second hardest human language (japanese, which isn't as popular and widespread as the hardest human language, english) anymore in the future?

((It's completely in-character for May, whose default mood is :3, to pull a faux Japanese kawaii-desu out of nowhere.

Happy Birthday to u Caellath! :D ))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: July 10, 2012, 04:00:05 pm »

((Happy Birthday Caellath!))

((About that prism, it's like...

Hmm.

Well, picture the stock of the rifle along with the firing mechanism. The prism is located right next to the power source and inside the chamber, with the outer part splitting the laser into ~3 other rays, including the main one that travels down the main barrel. Now I'm thinking there are other 'arms' that are lined with amplifiers just like the main barrel, and those arms are curved outwards turning inwards until they reach the barrel tip, where another prism is located that would redirect the now-amplified-laser into a powerful beam. A much more powerful one than a single uncombined laser.

And...I don't get the lvl 20 wizard thing, sorry.  :P))
I'm no laser expert, but I don't think it works that way, or at least works better. Isn't splitting a beam into parts, there by reducing it's power, amplifying it, and them merging it back together going to be the same as just amplifying the original beam? You'd probably just be better off using the focusing chambers like cog. The result is the same, a more focused beam that can do more damage, and you don't have to bounce lasers off a million internal mirrors.

((It bends the laser, as I'm guessing the laser, while not being on multiple light frequencies, stays on only one frequency [thus being invisible if I'm using a modified Rifle]. Also, it would help with the range and intensity from the shooter to the target, i.e. longer range with lesser power reduction.

And I was planning to include the focusing chambers, but also in adding the prism to add...auxiliary beams for aid.

Also, scrap the curvature then, in it's place what about a trapezoidal curve?

Downside, I guess: Extended fire//Firing for extended periods of time, so it must be in short bursts as the prism can absorb small portions of it's light, no matter how clean.))

Discard idea, quit V.R. Head to Quarters, sleep.

Realization: Unsure if lasers here are of one frequency - thus can't be bent.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: July 10, 2012, 04:11:46 pm »

Both, I want to see if theirs anything that we haven't found yet and i'm having trouble imaging the ship in my mind.
It appears my action was eaten.
Oh and HAPPY BIRTHMAS!!!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: July 10, 2012, 04:26:29 pm »

((Happy birthday, Caellath.))

[VR Nekarios]That's why I suggested that the contact tubes be behind the armor, not in it. They should be in the insulation area, touching the outer layer.[/VR Nekarios]

Discard the previous attempt and pull up a fresh Gauss Rifle, removing the magazine system in favor of a break-action, increase the caliber to 40mm (Or 37mm, either way) and quarter the power going through the coils.

((For reference, I'm going off of the M79 Grenade launcher for the caliber, and this for how it should end up like.))
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 04:29:11 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4013 on: July 10, 2012, 05:02:29 pm »

"Normally it would be free, but just for that it costs 1 token."

((I may end up going out during the night because it is my birthday today and we'll party to commemorate. I just hope things won't get worse while I am away.))

Happy birthday Caellath! There's a cake waiting for you back on the ship!

((Happy Birthday!))

Of course I was too slow. What was I thinking?

Laser the thing in the... whatever may be in sight.
[con:1]
You fire the laser rifle in a terrified arc, sweeping about like crazy. While you fail to hit the creature attacking you, you do manage to lop off a few of your own toes. [end:1] You pass out.

Game over.

Both, I want to see if theirs anything that we haven't found yet and i'm having trouble imaging the ship in my mind.

Bishop was silent for a minute, just staring at the thing infront of him, before managing to speak.

"It's.. It's HORRIBLE! Good god, how does the leg shields even work against explosions without crippling people?! Oh right, I forgot about the state of the government. Never mind.

And the sad thing is that it's STILL more protective than the space suits we wear! Life sucks for us. Have you any other options on file Steve?"

>The joints on the suit lock. It works, even if it looks stupid. They're designed for use on shrapnel, not pressure waves anyways. As per more suits...you seem to want one that doesn't exist. A light, strong, roomy one thats not massively expensive doesn't exist. Thats pretty much it. You'd be better off with a battlesuit.

((Happy birthday Caellath!

Also, don't see how Mays accent is out-of-character, when speaking penguin and laying siege to the fourth wall is.))
Put the cooling system further down, just below the plating, then load up Milnos armor, then test the two inch version, that, and the metal plated, but make sure I insulated them. For testing, laser rifles, gauss rifles and tesla sabers.

"May? Are you still there? I'm still kinda mad at you... Please?"
Well, milno's is a really nice system, it's gonna tank lasers and gauss rifles no problem. Yours is cheaper but not as good. It will work for some but don't expect to be wading through fire. Tesla sabres are gonna screw'em both though.

((Happy Birthday Caellath!))

((About that prism, it's like...

Hmm.

Well, picture the stock of the rifle along with the firing mechanism. The prism is located right next to the power source and inside the chamber, with the outer part splitting the laser into ~3 other rays, including the main one that travels down the main barrel. Now I'm thinking there are other 'arms' that are lined with amplifiers just like the main barrel, and those arms are curved outwards turning inwards until they reach the barrel tip, where another prism is located that would redirect the now-amplified-laser into a powerful beam. A much more powerful one than a single uncombined laser.

And...I don't get the lvl 20 wizard thing, sorry.  :P))
I'm no laser expert, but I don't think it works that way, or at least works better. Isn't splitting a beam into parts, there by reducing it's power, amplifying it, and them merging it back together going to be the same as just amplifying the original beam? You'd probably just be better off using the focusing chambers like cog. The result is the same, a more focused beam that can do more damage, and you don't have to bounce lasers off a million internal mirrors.

((It bends the laser, as I'm guessing the laser, while not being on multiple light frequencies, stays on only one frequency [thus being invisible if I'm using a modified Rifle]. Also, it would help with the range and intensity from the shooter to the target, i.e. longer range with lesser power reduction.

And I was planning to include the focusing chambers, but also in adding the prism to add...auxiliary beams for aid.

Also, scrap the curvature then, in it's place what about a trapezoidal curve?

Downside, I guess: Extended fire//Firing for extended periods of time, so it must be in short bursts as the prism can absorb small portions of it's light, no matter how clean.))

Discard idea, quit V.R. Head to Quarters, sleep.

Realization: Unsure if lasers here are of one frequency - thus can't be bent.

All this future technology is pretty damn hard to figure out, so you head to the barracks and take a nap to cool your brain.

((Happy birthday, Caellath.))

[VR Nekarios]That's why I suggested that the contact tubes be behind the armor, not in it. They should be in the insulation area, touching the outer layer.[/VR Nekarios]

Discard the previous attempt and pull up a fresh Gauss Rifle, removing the magazine system in favor of a break-action, increase the caliber to 40mm (Or 37mm, either way) and quarter the power going through the coils.

((For reference, I'm going off of the M79 Grenade launcher for the caliber, and this for how it should end up like.))
Ah, if thats what you're going for you're gonna have to dial back the power actually. Doubling it like you were trying to do there would be like taking all the force of a cannon and sticking it behind that grenade. You don't need that much force, and you probably don't even want it. What you're describing now, with that quarter power, is a lot more like what you want to do. You can do that with 50mm if you want.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: July 10, 2012, 05:07:29 pm »

50mm Quarter-power, then.

Pull up a gauss rifle shell, blow it up to fit the 50mm caliber, and hollow out the inside so there's ~40mm of space inside it, and fill it with Chlorine Trifluoride, after making sure that there is no way for the chemical to ignite in the shell. Cap the round, but with a soft tip so as to allow the chemical to be released on impact.

((ClF3. !!FUN!! stuff.

It is, of course, extremely toxic, but that's the least of the problem. It is hypergolic with every known fuel, and so rapidly hypergolic that no ignition delay has ever been measured. It is also hypergolic with such things as cloth, wood, and test engineers, not to mention asbestos, sand, and water — with which it reacts explosively. It can be kept in some of the ordinary structural metals — steel, copper, aluminum, etc. — because of the formation of a thin film of insoluble metal fluoride which protects the bulk of the metal, just as the invisible coat of oxide on aluminum keeps it from burning up in the atmosphere. If, however, this coat is melted or scrubbed off, and has no chance to reform, the operator is confronted with the problem of coping with a metal-fluorine fire. For dealing with this situation, I have always recommended a good pair of running shoes.
))
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 05:13:09 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: July 10, 2012, 05:14:42 pm »

((Hold it, wait! Lasers can be bent in a prism!

Still viable idea?))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: July 10, 2012, 06:01:13 pm »

((No. Probably not.))

"Fuck you too chair. Alright, lets modify the shit out of this rifle."

Enter VR pull up my rifle, and see if I can move the electronics down beneath the FC (Focusing Chambers) with the laser emitter still at the back. Then shove the FC into the the stock.

"Oh and Steve? There seems to be a lack of scout suits in the armory."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: July 10, 2012, 06:16:27 pm »

Look up flamethrowers or similar, as well as the cost of a more permanent tesla arc.

Also look up any armored, preferably powered suits that aren't on the list. Nothing too extreme, of course.

Finally, look up the different types of armor that go into suits and vehicles.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: July 10, 2012, 07:02:20 pm »

Take Milnos helmet, modify the eyes. Add a scope, infared, and the barrel of a laser pistol on the right side.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: July 10, 2012, 07:13:50 pm »

((Happy birthday Caelleth))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 2101