_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930981 times)

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Hightech death machines before hos
« Reply #3750 on: July 04, 2012, 08:49:50 pm »

Keep running and screaming until Lukas either sobers up or passes out.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Asilidae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: July 04, 2012, 10:52:25 pm »

Morganon leaves the stasis chamber and enters into the briefing room looking hung over. He is naked save for a pair of very short black boxer briefs and black fingerless gloves. His overly muscular body, unusual proportions, and dim witted confusion makes him look an awful lot like a shaved gorilla in a speedo.

Take a seat while waiting for head to clear. Take in surroundings.

>No more giant penises. We had a sort of Arms Race once when one guy ordered himself a 14inch synth-flesh abomination and the guy after him had to order one that was 15 inches. It kept escalating till someone got their entire lower body replaced with a slithering, naga tail package that they actually got around on.

I had to vent the entire living quarters.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: July 04, 2012, 10:53:55 pm »

((Great. Now I wanna know if it'd be acceptable to play an intelligent unshaved gorilla in a speedo.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: July 04, 2012, 10:58:27 pm »

((Finally, a convict who actually deserved to be convicted! The 'wrongly sentenced' trope was seriously getting a bit overused in people's backgrounds. ...Although then again, they tend to make up for that afterwards. :P
Props to you, Asilidae! ;D))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Asilidae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: July 05, 2012, 12:21:54 am »

Thanks. :)
Those were my thoughts too. I imagine my character is gonna be pretty shocked when he finds out everyone is pretty much a victim of the system and he's one of the only real criminals.

>No more giant penises. We had a sort of Arms Race once when one guy ordered himself a 14inch synth-flesh abomination and the guy after him had to order one that was 15 inches. It kept escalating till someone got their entire lower body replaced with a slithering, naga tail package that they actually got around on.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: July 05, 2012, 12:24:31 am »

(I'm thinking most of us just wanted to get sent off to the HMRC for goofy reasons. XD But in any case, welcome aboard. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3756 on: July 05, 2012, 12:31:57 am »

((Finally, a convict who actually deserved to be convicted! The 'wrongly sentenced' trope was seriously getting a bit overused in people's backgrounds. ...Although then again, they tend to make up for that afterwards. :P
Props to you, Asilidae! ;D))

((Well... I didn't go into detail, but Empyrean basically was arrested for terrorism :P That counts... right? I havn't got a chance to do that again ... yet. Need more firepower. ))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: July 05, 2012, 12:33:20 am »

((From what I understood by reading E's bio, she was arrested for repeatedly firing an anti-tank rifle inside a city, presumably with no good intentions. I kind of assumed she is a psycho addicted to killing innocents judging from that.))
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 06:55:32 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: July 05, 2012, 12:44:59 am »

((Speaking of E, doesn't she still have the late Nick's gauss-rocket hybrid carbine?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Asilidae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: July 05, 2012, 12:53:37 am »

Ah, sorry. I didn't mean to count E out I just missed her character sheet since I haven't read the On Ship thread yet. Or I just missed it by being dumb...

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3760 on: July 05, 2012, 01:00:36 am »

((From what I understood by reading E's bio, she was arrested for repeatedly firing an anti-tank rifle inside a city, presumably with no good intentions. I kind of assumed she is a psycho addicted to killing innocents judgind from that.))
((Exactly, and being a heavy weapon it's terrorism xD Or disturbance of the peace, threat to life and property, detrimental effect on national security...
She's more of a ... psycho addicted to setting off huge weapons, which she doesn't have yet, but it's pending... :3
By the way, were there any tokens from last mission? ))

((Speaking of E, doesn't she still have the late Nick's gauss-rocket hybrid carbine?))
((Yup. Too bad she doesn't have anyone to report to now ...))

Ah, sorry. I didn't mean to count E out I just missed her character sheet since I haven't read the On Ship thread yet. Or I just missed it by being dumb...
((I've done little <.<))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: July 05, 2012, 01:07:20 am »

((Yup. Too bad she doesn't have anyone to report to now ...))

((Have fun with the forever-experimental technology... until the clip runs out. It'll be a while, you've still got 72 shots.

Or wait until you get back on board and mention some idiot killing himself in in miniature star.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3762 on: July 05, 2012, 01:27:47 am »

Bring up the specs for all three. How much does each one weigh? What are the armor plates on each one made of? What's the maximum heat and force they can each take? What reinforcing frames do they have? What gadgets have they got? How big are they in headroom? Can I fit more stuff in them? How much do they cost right now?

All three helmets are pretty heavy, with the Anomaly being the heaviest, at almost 40kg and the Reactor helmet being the lightest at 15 kg. The Reactor helmet is made almost entirely of an extremely dense, radiation inhibiting material, designed to keep workmen safe while they repair active reactors. The EHP helmet is designed to survive Extreme Heat and Pressures, so its armor plates are designed to be nigh incompressible and insanely heat resistant. The anomaly helmet is designed for use with unknown and potentially highly dangerous materials, namely things which have anomalous physical properties-basically a suit to protect you from all manner of weird shit. Not only does its massively heavy armor plating protect it from everything from physical impact to electrical discharge, but has built in field manipulators to automatically negate harmful physical forces.

Their frames vary, but they're all some sort of variety of complex geometric configurations.

The information says nothing about "Gadgets",head room or modification.

Costs are unlisted in the VR machine.

Seeing his clone shrug, Gorat realizes that the action wasn't specific enough (or not possible). He sets the clone to use 200 degrees Celsius no matter what, observes, then resets.

Do the above, then start a new simulation.

Randomly choose a known sapient xeno as the enemy, give it fitting low-level grunt equipment. Start a duel in an environment fitting to the xeno, putting us at a randomized distance between 100 and 1000 feet. Display short xeno information before the battle starts, then unpause.

Being that you are probably more then 5 feet in diameter and that this heat haze is at least roughly spherical, you can pull it off for maybe 10 seconds or so, but you're gonna drain yourself in doing so.

You type "Sentient Xeno" into the machine and hit search. It gives you zero hits. [intuition:2] Hmm, odd.

"Well this is akward. I guess it will take some getting used to. I hope I never see you again."

Back to the VR.
You get back in your vr machine.

Very well.

Head over to the Armory.

One of the doctors in the infirmary said I should talk to you about modifying an already existing prosthetic?
"If it involves adding a weapon, then yeah."

((There must be a trope somewhere about what Jim and Milno are doing in the VR. Something I've no control over, but my character doesn't know.))

Feyri looked at the duo of Milno, exasperated. "I've been reading too much on the Terminator..."

"Computer, how much would it cost to attach armor plates to my...vulnerable areas?

And yes, the design that was meant for rapid-fire. The one that won't blow up."

Ask this, then order a heuristics scan on the Milno Bot II
The computer gives you back this response:

"Scan has concluded that User doesn't know what heuristic means."

>The one with the coils is the one that will blow up. And how much armor would cost depends on the type and amount of armor.

VR Jim: Be Big Jim Slade. If you know what I mean. (And I doubt anyone does... >.>)

VR jim summons a door and proceeds to punch through it and flex before grabbing feyri, and carrying her a few feet away. He then sets her down and shrugs.

"Most of the rest of that was kinda implied."

Charro stared at Lukas briefly before turning back to the AM with a sigh. He was starting to feel a bit foolish.
Maybe he should've thought this whole helmet idea through a bit more before bugging her. Oh well.
"Well, the latter two options, I guess. But how much is this one, first of all. If it's cheap enough maybe I'll just take it.
I really don't know much about this stuff."
He looks back to the doorway/screaming maniac. "By the way... Did he take the same stuff I did? Whoah."
"Lightweight and good looking? I'll find you a nice hat."

Keep running and screaming until Lukas either sobers up or passes out.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOh hey, my hand is bleeding. Huh. You're coming out of it a bit.

Morganon leaves the stasis chamber and enters into the briefing room looking hung over. He is naked save for a pair of very short black boxer briefs and black fingerless gloves. His overly muscular body, unusual proportions, and dim witted confusion makes him look an awful lot like a shaved gorilla in a speedo.

Take a seat while waiting for head to clear. Take in surroundings.
The room reminds you of a bullseye; concentric rings of benches all arrayed around a the holo-projector in the center.

Yes.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: July 05, 2012, 01:38:43 am »

I've got the designs linked on my wrist computer, it's for my right forearm. Unless anybody around here's come up with something better, it'd be useful. Once this is done, I'll finish up a general use version that'll strap to a suit wrist.

Show the Armory Master my monoatomic wristblade design, then give her my right forearm prosthetic if she asks for it.

Also, quick question, how well does the kinetic amplifier attach to things? I'd assume that it would be attached to the users suit or prosthetic, of, if they're not in such, to their hand in some way, correct? As well, how big is it, physically?

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: July 05, 2012, 02:52:47 am »

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOh hey, my hand is bleeding. Huh. You're coming out of it a bit.

"Oh, hey...huh!" Lukas stops running and stands in the hallway staring at his bleeding hand for a while. "That's weird." Still feeling quite lightheaded Lukas stumbles towards the Med Bay. "Doooooctor. Dooohoooc. My hand is bleeding." He stumbles on."By the way, did you know I am a doctor too?
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 2101