_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937494 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's pronounced "Franc-en-steen"
« Reply #3180 on: June 26, 2012, 02:25:54 pm »

April decides to stroll on down to the mess hall.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: June 26, 2012, 04:27:26 pm »

Jim switched legs and tried to kick him in the balls again. It had to work eventually.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: June 26, 2012, 06:59:35 pm »

"Hur..."
Charro looked at the screen. Then down at his own bland-looking outfit. Then back at the screen. Then back at his own-- Okay, you get the idea, this went on for a while. He frowned a bit. He wanted fancy clothes!
>Go to the Armory Master. Take television as reference. Ask for fancy clothes.

((Goddamnit, I think I am starting to take Charro's dumbness too far. :P))

>Watch dah magic picture-box some more.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3183 on: June 26, 2012, 07:15:42 pm »

"Right... Let's take it from the top."

Bring up details on each individual layer. What does what best? Which is the best at temperature resistance? Which is the strongest? What do the others do?
The plate seems to be made of  5 specific layers, though several repeat. The top layer is designed for the duel purpose of temperature and laser resistance, while the layer under it seems mostly to protect against solid impacts, such as from kinetic projectiles. Under that is what seems to be a binding, structural layer that acts mostly to stop the above layers from deforming. The 4th layer is very dense but not particularly strong, and designed to block radiation. The final layer is a relatively thin but highly deformable layer of psudo-plastic designed to act as a final seal against decompression. 3 stacks of these layers make up the whole plate.

Destroy the f*cking bot's gut with heat.

[exotic:3]
[Uncon:5]
You successfully cause minor burns throughout the bot's intestinal track, while the bot melts your head right off your shoulders.

Issue statement > Steve

"Steve, you don't put manuals around for those who are using weapons, right? Why do you let us tinker with them in this way?"

Feyri was surprised by the lack of doctrine, but at least this gave her an idea.

"They say lasers can damage anything, and nothing is ever truly resistant to them...Hmm."

A laser oscillator. Intriguing.

Enter VR on anything that resembled a tinker simulation.

Explode: 1 Laser Rifle for the purposes of making an F.E.L.

Request: Eye-shields.

>It's not that I won't let you use them, it's that we don't have them. These laser rifles are left over from the altered wars, along with a lot of the other military tech you people are using. They were losing men and weapons so quickly in those days that they had whole planets pumping them out at a rate of millions per day. At the time the altered wars ended there were more laser and gauss rifles kicking around then there were living members of the human race. Hell, we'll still occasionally find untouched warehouses of millions of the things on abandoned or fallen worlds. Simply put, they're just so damn old and were made so commonly without manuals that we can't find em. I suppose we could just make one ourselves but to be honest they're so simple we don't see the point.

You select a laser rifle from the menu and press the button labeled "Explode" on the work table. The gun hovers into the air and rapidly disassembles itself into it's component parts. When it comes to the real guts of the rifle, it's little more then the battery, laser emitter and barrel of focusing chambers wrapped in some thin metal to give you something to hold on to.

You type "Eye shields" into the search and the computer displays a "?" before materializing a pair of sun glasses.

(( I assume the layout of the area we are restricted to is now considered known by us, right?))
Pay a visit to the armory and examine the lists of available equipment.
Good day to you, madam. You are the person who is in charge of the armory, I assume? Could you please tell, of all the instruments in the emergency kit, is there anything that could be used as a melee weapon - say, a scalpel? I'm not sure how good the protective equipment we're going to use (or the hides of our enemies) is. Or maybe you could suggest some kind of a knife, capable of penetrating those - that could also be used for other, to be specific, medical purposes? Some kind of a monoatomic weapon that doesn't vibrate and relies on cutting instead, maybe?
Yeah, don't worry too much about having to re-familiarize your character with the existence of things. We can just assume there's a map or something hanging in the barracks, since being familiar with the base area is fairly innocuous.

"The advanced kit's got some nice scalpels and such, but the normal one doesn't. Why, whatcha planning to do with such a thing?"

April decides to stroll on down to the mess hall.
You walk into the mess hall. Across the way there are a few people messing around in the Rec room, mostly on the VR machines, but one guy is watching tv.

Jim switched legs and tried to kick him in the balls again. It had to work eventually.
[dex:1]
[Man dex:4]
You swing your opposite leg up, attempting to strike him right in the groin, but miss so badly that you throw yourself completely off balance and fall over, dragging him down with you. You land with him on top of you, his grip on your head still firm.
[man str:2]
The man continues, rather laughably at this point, to try and blind you. Geez, he has the thumb strength of a 2 year old.

"Hur..."
Charro looked at the screen. Then down at his own bland-looking outfit. Then back at the screen. Then back at his own-- Okay, you get the idea, this went on for a while. He frowned a bit. He wanted fancy clothes!
>Go to the Armory Master. Take television as reference. Ask for fancy clothes.

((Goddamnit, I think I am starting to take Charro's dumbness too far. :P))

>Watch dah magic picture-box some more.
You have the sudden urge to buy namebrand electronics. HNNNNGGGGG CAPITALISM.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: June 26, 2012, 07:46:03 pm »

Charro waves cheerily to April as she wanders past the entrance, tearing his eyes from the screen for a moment.
'Good god... She has potatoes on her chest! What sort of mutant is-... Oh. Right.'
Charro facepalmed at his own stupid and went back to watching TV, feeling a bit disturbed at that brain-fade. Seriously.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 07:52:38 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: June 26, 2012, 07:48:16 pm »

Hm, I think I'm at an impasse with this kinetic jetpack design. Let's see if I can't find those manuals somewhere.

Head to the armory master, request microwave manipulator and kinetic amp manuals, and read through them (if obtained).

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: June 26, 2012, 07:52:00 pm »

(I feel sorry for this guy, so I'm going to lampshade him.)

"You know... You might want to reconsider trying to gouge out my eyes when they're covered by mirrored lenses set in a fairly sturdy gasmask," Jim said conversationally.

Jim goes for a headbutt and tries to scramble to the knife, to get it before the other guy thinks of it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: June 26, 2012, 07:58:31 pm »

To eliminate the intruders, of course - in my experience, enemies dropping by in the middle of an operation is more likely than one might think, and I'm better with melee weapons than with guns. Plus having a good knife (good for utility as well as combat purposes) can sometimes mean the difference between life and death.
Maybe, actully, less of a knife and more of a dagger - a bit longer, a bit narrower and double-edged; probably that would make it more suitable for performing precise actions like using it as a makeshift medical tool. Do you, by any chance, have in stock something like that?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: June 26, 2012, 08:42:00 pm »

Following directions to the armory, Simus is not surprised to see a large list of various gadgets.

Waiting politely out of the way until there's a lull in the conversation between Doc Sanctor and the Armory Master, and gazing over the lists while doing so, and formulating her own personal list from the options presented.

You wouldn't happen to have any kind of documentation for the suits, all three varieties, the laser weapons, the gauss rifle, the monoatomic razor, and kinetic amplifier? If so, I would like to take a look at them.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: June 26, 2012, 08:46:08 pm »

April notes rather confusedly the reaction of the guy watching TV who looks at her, briefly freaks out, facepalms, and goes back to watching TV. OooKkkk. Shrugging, April walks over to the food dispenser and examines the thing.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: June 26, 2012, 08:48:36 pm »

April notes rather confusedly the reaction of the guy watching TV who looks at her, briefly freaks out, facepalms, and goes back to watching TV. OooKkkk. Shrugging, April walks over to the food dispenser and examines the thing.
((He saw potatoes on her chest. What kind of mutant has potatoes on her chest?

Oh wait, was that a way of saying her chest is small?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: June 26, 2012, 08:55:34 pm »

Feyri pumped her fist in joy at the computer's comprehension. Sunglasses were perfect!

Wear Sunglasses.

She then surveyed the rifle, with a frown coming up. "Huh, I may not be a handy-man, but these are...insufficient."

Quote from: Present Material
battery
laser emitter
barrel of focusing chambers
thin metal
Sunglasses!

"Hmm...gauss rifles, you say? Ferromagnetic components may be what I need...Also, a high voltage supply for that beam... Say, computer, how powerful is the beam from a Cutting Laser and is it possible to modify the voltage output of the Tesla Sabre to fit into a portable firing weapon?"

Explode Gauss Rifle. Explode Tesla Sabre and Cutting Laser.

Ask, computer.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: June 26, 2012, 09:33:59 pm »

"Interesting... I wonder how much strength it has when thinner?"

Pull up a Mk 3 suit and remove it's helmet and explode it apart. Examine how thick the armor plating is and create the same thickness out of battleship plating in one stack of 5 layers, and test how strong it is.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: June 26, 2012, 10:25:31 pm »

Applications go in this thread, right?  I'm up to the start of the fourth mission and can't resist any more.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: June 26, 2012, 10:44:00 pm »

Applications go in this thread, right?  I'm up to the start of the fourth mission and can't resist any more.
((Welcome, by the way. The HMRC always needs more scavengers doomed to death.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 2101