_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5936751 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's pronounced "Franc-en-steen"
« Reply #3120 on: June 24, 2012, 01:53:23 pm »

Jim redoubled his efforts; he was going to break this man's nose no matter what.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: June 24, 2012, 03:10:56 pm »

((Yep, same rifle in same position))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3122 on: June 24, 2012, 04:47:27 pm »

"Right... What to start with first..."

Read the gauss rifle, laser rifle, scout eye, battle suit and shard launcher manuals, in that order.
The Gauss manual talks mostly about how the overcharge is dangerous and can damage the coils of the rifle. Boring.

The laser rifle manual goes over the intensity and diffusion knobs as well as the strange fact that it can be coded to fire remotely.

The Scout eye manual  is filled with warnings about how flying the eye into a wall is a very bad idea. Apparently the little drone actually has little legs with which it can attach itself to things or walk around, albeit very slowly. It makes notes to a underslung panel on the robot that needs to be removed, as well as a circuit system that needs to be activated before the legs work.

The battle suit manual is goddamn massive, a fucking text book worth of diagrams, optional equipment, underlying commands and technical specs. Reading this all in one setting would take...god a long time...so you skim it a bit before setting it aside for now. You catch a few interesting things, like the fact that the suit actually has built in Kinetic Amps in the hands, but that they're not activated in standard models, or that is actually designed to accept what they call "Extended Rocketpods" which allow it to fly like a MK III, albeit for shorter periods.  (if you want to read more of that manual, It will take several turns. There's lots of stuff.)

The shard launcher is another oddity. Beyond it's standard firing and charge mode, it also has the ability to "Print" objects made of the crystal it uses.  The examples shown in the book are that of a knife blade that, when slotted into a normal handle, gives you a single use stabbing weapon that literally explodes in the target and a trip wire that is, in and of it self, a trap.

Model the aerodynamics of the rod after an oversized modern bullet, as shown here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullet

After that, experiment with a ball and chain setup, using a modern cable that can retract into a modified glove, and embedding the kinetic amp inside the metal ball.

How big a rod we talking here? Because just rounding the tip of a 2 foot rod isn't gonna make it fly straight, especially if there's any wind or anything. Something like the feathers on an arrow would probably be better.

As per your ball and chain glove thing, there are a few possible problems here. The first is that having the Kinetic amp in the center of the ball won't do anything. The amp is basically a postage stamp sized square of metal that takes the force imparted to one side and multiplies it before releasing it from the other side. So inside the ball it just won't do anything, however, studding the ball with them like the spikes on a mace would work. Only problem with that is making sure you don't catch it and accidentally blow your own hand off. 

Jim redoubled his efforts; he was going to break this man's nose no matter what.
[str:4]
[Man str:3]
[man end:1]

You bring your knee up into the struggling man's face with a solid crunch. He collapses instantly, unconscious, and the program proceeds to the next opponent, a man with a knife.

((Yep, same rifle in same position))
You aim at the sentinel and fire. The shot does absolutely nothing. You realize a bit sheepishly that you must have turned the diffusion up to max.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: June 24, 2012, 05:50:16 pm »

The first thing Jim had to do was take the knife away. He reached for the man's wrist in an attempt to grab it; if successful, he would wrench the arm up, step under, and bring it around in a hammerlock. If the man was still holding the knife by then, he'd simply apply more pressure until he stabbed himself in the back.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: June 24, 2012, 06:06:24 pm »

It's only the size of a postage stamp? That makes things easier.

Hm. On second thought, it seems like the ball and chain idea isn't going to be that useful. I could get the same effect by chucking pieces of rubble with the kinetic amp. I think rather than messing with the amp itself, it might be better to work with devices that would complement its abilities.

Search through the VR for a relatively inexpensive shrapnel grenade. Attempt to program said grenade to detonate on impact, investigate effects of tossing said grenade (baseball style, using a kinetic amp glove) at a cluster of Mk 2 suits.

Additionally, test the effects of a a pushing force on a Mk 1 suit, of 100N, 400N, and 900N, both sideways and upwards.

(I specifically want to see whether the person inside takes any damage from that kind of impact, and how far/high such a force would send them.)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: June 24, 2012, 09:46:23 pm »

"Oh cool... I didn't know that the launcher did that. Definately have to keep that in mind."

Putting all the manuals back in the box and grabbing the vid he borrowed, Bishop heads back to the armory.

"Here ya go. Definately an interesting read. If I think about getting a battle suit, I'll be back for the manual to it.

I'm thinking about designing the black box equivilent of a helmet, one which can be accepted on any normal sized suit. Have you any tips on giving it extra structural stability so it doesn't fold like a tin can like the normal ones do?"

Head back to the armory and return all the manuals and the vid I borrowed. Ask AM for tips on making a more structurally sound helmet.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: June 24, 2012, 09:49:40 pm »

(For some reason, even though I know that's short for Armory Master, I immediately thought Bishop was going to go ask Allied Master Computer for help making a helmet. >.>)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: June 24, 2012, 09:53:00 pm »

"Hm, alright. Diffusion control.

"I wonder if Bishop knows more on these."

Exit simulation, find Bishop in the best places possible.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: June 24, 2012, 10:23:10 pm »

April pops out of her pod, and then realizing she's naked, blushes deeply and finds something to cover herself up.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: June 24, 2012, 10:41:06 pm »

April pops out of her pod, and then realizing she's naked, blushes deeply and finds something to cover herself up.
((Poor girl. Renen. Will. Be. Her. Worst. Nightmare.))
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:50:13 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3130 on: June 24, 2012, 10:59:25 pm »

The first thing Jim had to do was take the knife away. He reached for the man's wrist in an attempt to grab it; if successful, he would wrench the arm up, step under, and bring it around in a hammerlock. If the man was still holding the knife by then, he'd simply apply more pressure until he stabbed himself in the back.
[Dex:4]
[Man dex:4]
You grab at the man's wrist, missing, and then dodge a flurry of slashes as he charges at you.

It's only the size of a postage stamp? That makes things easier.

Hm. On second thought, it seems like the ball and chain idea isn't going to be that useful. I could get the same effect by chucking pieces of rubble with the kinetic amp. I think rather than messing with the amp itself, it might be better to work with devices that would complement its abilities.

Search through the VR for a relatively inexpensive shrapnel grenade. Attempt to program said grenade to detonate on impact, investigate effects of tossing said grenade (baseball style, using a kinetic amp glove) at a cluster of Mk 2 suits.

Additionally, test the effects of a a pushing force on a Mk 1 suit, of 100N, 400N, and 900N, both sideways and upwards.

(I specifically want to see whether the person inside takes any damage from that kind of impact, and how far/high such a force would send them.)
you pick a standard grenade from the menu and take a look at it. It's got a nice digital timer but no option for impact detonation and none of the sensors needed to recognize when impact is.

As per that pushing,you want that to be a full body push or how concentrated? Since that can make a big difference; a push all over the body is much easier to take then one the size of a fist.
"Oh cool... I didn't know that the launcher did that. Definately have to keep that in mind."

Putting all the manuals back in the box and grabbing the vid he borrowed, Bishop heads back to the armory.

"Here ya go. Definately an interesting read. If I think about getting a battle suit, I'll be back for the manual to it.

I'm thinking about designing the black box equivilent of a helmet, one which can be accepted on any normal sized suit. Have you any tips on giving it extra structural stability so it doesn't fold like a tin can like the normal ones do?"

Head back to the armory and return all the manuals and the vid I borrowed. Ask AM for tips on making a more structurally sound helmet.
"Better alloys, Internal frames, and an odd shape that causes blows to glance off. Standard crap."

"Hm, alright. Diffusion control.

"I wonder if Bishop knows more on these."

Exit simulation, find Bishop in the best places possible.
You hop out of the Vr machine and just catch a glimpse of Bishop as he exits the room. Dang.

You grab a pair of pants and a shirt from the available clothing.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: June 24, 2012, 11:04:28 pm »

((piecewise, I have a question about the power packs universal plug. What if it was a magnetic, empty cylinder which had wires coiled up inside it, and when it was plugged into something it attached itself, then extended the wires into any gaps in the surface it was attached too? Then would it work?))
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 11:34:28 pm by Spinal_Taper »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: June 24, 2012, 11:11:50 pm »

Jim, despite having little pop culture knowledge to draw upon, nevertheless made to sweep the leg and take the man down that way, then stomp on his wrist once he was down.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: June 24, 2012, 11:14:43 pm »

Rig up a metal harness similar to the Mk 3's jetpacks, have the push originate where the rockets would be.

Regarding the grenade idea, search for any grenades that detonate on impact (or just search for impact sensors if that fails), and see if those sensors can be easily added to a standard grenade.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 11:18:50 pm by Nicholas1024 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3134 on: June 25, 2012, 12:38:08 am »

((piecewise, I have a question about the power packs universal plug. What if it was a magnetic, empty cylinder which had wires coiled up inside it, and when it was plugged into something it attached itself, then extended the wires into any gaps in the surface it was attached too? Then would it work?))
I'm...uh...not sure of how that would work?

Jim, despite having little pop culture knowledge to draw upon, nevertheless made to sweep the leg and take the man down that way, then stomp on his wrist once he was down.
[dex:5]
[man dex:1]
[str:3]
You sweep his leg out of under him with a swift kick and then bring your heel down on on his wrist. The man lands flat and has the wind knocked out of him but doesn't lose his grip on the knife.

Rig up a metal harness similar to the Mk 3's jetpacks, have the push originate where the rockets would be.

Regarding the grenade idea, search for any grenades that detonate on impact (or just search for impact sensors if that fails), and see if those sensors can be easily added to a standard grenade.

Ok, with that harness, 100 N doesn't even lift the suit, 400 n shoves it up into the air for a moment but not much more. And 900 n shoves them several feet into the air. None of them really seem to do any damage to the suit or user, thanks to the harness.

As per that grenade, there are ones with the ability to trigger on impact.

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 2101