_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933775 times)

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's pronounced "Franc-en-steen"
« Reply #3090 on: June 23, 2012, 12:06:49 pm »

((@Nicholas: Please try to be more practical and avoid killing thousands of people like Nekarios.

This gives me an evil idea.

Rig the manipulator to be operable by remote control, place it several miles away, and attempt to heat a cubic mile next to the manipulator. Watch fireworks.

After that, spawn several kinetic amps, and test what happens if I attempt to chain them together (i.e, punching someone with two kinetic amps on top of each other). Also test the maximum amount of force that can be used with a kinetic amp, and see what it does to the Mk1 through Mk 3 suits.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: June 23, 2012, 12:26:57 pm »

((@Nicholas: I can give you some anticipated test results. Two Kinetic Amps together will produce an earth-shattering kaboom no one survives, not even the user. And a good punch with a kinetic amp. is generally enough to tear off limbs from MkIIIs.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3092 on: June 23, 2012, 12:47:21 pm »

((Microwave Psychokinetic Amplifier ► MPA))
Ah, ok. Consider the fight set up and ready for your first move then.

((@Nicholas: Please try to be more practical and avoid killing thousands of people like Nekarios.

@GM: What is the enhanced movement setting? Is that the buzz mode? I don't quite remember the information contained on the video Milno watched.))
It's something you never found because you didn't get a 5 on the roll to examine the suit. And that video, in addition to the bonus, gives you a random bit of info about the suits. I guess you guys just don't catch the rest or something.

"Let's see if this really worked out as it should've been."

Duplicate attack pattern used in first mission on the sentinel.
You don't have the corpse of a beloved teammate to slide upon though.

This gives me an evil idea.

Rig the manipulator to be operable by remote control, place it several miles away, and attempt to heat a cubic mile next to the manipulator. Watch fireworks.

After that, spawn several kinetic amps, and test what happens if I attempt to chain them together (i.e, punching someone with two kinetic amps on top of each other). Also test the maximum amount of force that can be used with a kinetic amp, and see what it does to the Mk1 through Mk 3 suits.

You rig the keyboard and display on the manipulator to work via a hand held pad. You then place the manipulator quite far away and activate it, setting it to burn a  cubic mile. However, when it comes to the mathematics part, the screen displays an error. "Error 203: Out of Range"

As per the stuff with those kinetic amps, if you read back a lot of people did similar things and the results are pretty much always the same. Two kinetics amps in line basically just result in an enormous shock wave that tends to ruin the day of everything around it. As per the maximum amount of force usable with a kinetic amp, theoretically any amount could be used, but the conversion is less efficient as the amounts get higher.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: June 23, 2012, 12:50:11 pm »

"Suhweet. That's nice to know."

After finishing the disk and his meal, he tosses the tray in the trash and takes the disc back to the armory master.

"Here you go. Have you got any others like this on whatever gear we have? If so, I'll take 'em."

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: June 23, 2012, 12:57:28 pm »

You rig the keyboard and display on the manipulator to work via a hand held pad. You then place the manipulator quite far away and activate it, setting it to burn a  cubic mile. However, when it comes to the mathematics part, the screen displays an error. "Error 203: Out of Range"
Well played, piecewise. No 3-token nukes for me, it would seem.

Ah, I suppose there's no way for me to overload the device to a truly deadly extent while staying safe. It's probably better if I can keep my equipment in one piece anyway. Anyway, this kinetic amplifier could be useful... let's try a couple more tests.

Take a gauss gun, modify the projectile to be a weighted pole, with a retractable cable (attached to the gun) on one end, and a kinetic amplifier on the business end. Test it against a Mk 1, Mk 2, Mk 3, and battle suit.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: June 23, 2012, 01:18:03 pm »

((@GM: I'll make Milno turn the MkIII inside out to find out all of its secrets when and if he gets back. I did try to examine it once more after getting the new helmet, but seeing as you cut me off, I guess that means I have to be inventive to get a new roll. By the way, did I roll a [4] in my examination roll?))

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: June 23, 2012, 03:01:11 pm »

Jim attempted to feint the man with another jab before throwing an uppercut at the pit of his stomach.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3097 on: June 23, 2012, 04:41:32 pm »

"Suhweet. That's nice to know."

After finishing the disk and his meal, he tosses the tray in the trash and takes the disc back to the armory master.

"Here you go. Have you got any others like this on whatever gear we have? If so, I'll take 'em."
"Depends on what you're looking for" The armory master says as you hand her back the chip. "We have one on weapon modding and maintenance. We've also got a few of the manuals for some of this stuff. Not all of them though."

Well played, piecewise. No 3-token nukes for me, it would seem.

Ah, I suppose there's no way for me to overload the device to a truly deadly extent while staying safe. It's probably better if I can keep my equipment in one piece anyway. Anyway, this kinetic amplifier could be useful... let's try a couple more tests.

Take a gauss gun, modify the projectile to be a weighted pole, with a retractable cable (attached to the gun) on one end, and a kinetic amplifier on the business end. Test it against a Mk 1, Mk 2, Mk 3, and battle suit.
There's a very good in universe reason for it, I swear. Besides, actual nukes aren't that expensive anyways. Hell, a 1/8th kiloton charge is 2 tokens.

As per that gun, you basically want to make a Kinetic Amp harpoon gun?

((@GM: I'll make Milno turn the MkIII inside out to find out all of its secrets when and if he gets back. I did try to examine it once more after getting the new helmet, but seeing as you cut me off, I guess that means I have to be inventive to get a new roll. By the way, did I roll a [4] in my examination roll?))
Yeah, you basically got everything but that one thing.

Jim attempted to feint the man with another jab before throwing an uppercut at the pit of his stomach.
[Dex:4+1]
[Man dex:3]
[str:5]
[man end:3]
You drive your fist directly into the man's stomach. He grunts and doubles over in pain, stumbling back.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: June 23, 2012, 04:46:12 pm »

((Well yeah, if we could do remote detonation nukes, I'm sure someone would have tried blowing up Steve's main ship by now while out on a mission. I'm guessing that some of the more mass-destruction oriented weapons are disabled on the ship just in case someone was feeling suicidal as well.

Anyway, what I had in mind was essentially a kinetic amp harpoon gun, except with a bit more force behind the harpoon.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: June 23, 2012, 05:09:29 pm »

Jim continued the assault with a pincer attack: an elbow to the back of the head as he drove his knee up into the man's nose while he was doubled over.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3100 on: June 23, 2012, 08:22:13 pm »

((Well yeah, if we could do remote detonation nukes, I'm sure someone would have tried blowing up Steve's main ship by now while out on a mission. I'm guessing that some of the more mass-destruction oriented weapons are disabled on the ship just in case someone was feeling suicidal as well.

Anyway, what I had in mind was essentially a kinetic amp harpoon gun, except with a bit more force behind the harpoon.))
Oh, nukes can be detonated from a distance, You can use your wristpads as detonators. You could even try detonating one on the the ship, if you don't mind slaughtering your own teammates in the blast. Oh, that and being stranded. And pissing off the UWM. I won't stop you from doing pretty much anything, just be prepared for the consequences.

As per your harpoon gun thing, problem one is that the rod isn't gonna fly straight as just a rod.

Jim continued the assault with a pincer attack: an elbow to the back of the head as he drove his knee up into the man's nose while he was doubled over.
[dex:2]
[Man dex:4-1]
[man str:4-1]
[End:2]
You move beside the man and prepare to crush his head between your elbow and knee when he rises in a flash and delivers an uppercut. You stumble back, dazed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: June 23, 2012, 08:35:48 pm »

Jim raised a hand to adjust his gasmask slightly as he circled his opponent. Perhaps he should try a different tactic; a double-leg takedown into a mount, from which he could pound the man's face with fists and elbows.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: June 23, 2012, 09:22:01 pm »

Oh, nukes can be detonated from a distance, You can use your wristpads as detonators. You could even try detonating one on the the ship, if you don't mind slaughtering your own teammates in the blast. Oh, that and being stranded. And pissing off the UWM. I won't stop you from doing pretty much anything, just be prepared for the consequences.
This makes me wonder, how long until people start intentionally teamkilling to take each others' tokens? (Particularly considering how easy it'd be to blame it on just normal mission hazards...)

Also, it'd never work. The armory master would survive. Somehow. (Although there is something tempting about managing to kill literally everyone in one post.)

As per your harpoon gun thing, problem one is that the rod isn't gonna fly straight as just a rod.

Hm, that design isn't exactly accurate. Well, that should be a matter of simply reshaping the rod/amp combination it to make it more aerodynamic, and perhaps elongating the barrel of the gun to improve accuracy. I wouldn't trust it at a distance of more than a few dozen feet, but within that range it should be pretty deadly. Still, if that doesn't work... perhaps a spherical version would work better...

Improve aerodynamics of the rod. If I can't get it to work to satisfaction, take a miniaturized (as much as possible) kinetic amp, embed it into the front surface of a metal sphere (as small as possible, down to normal bullet size), and try that as the projectile. (Keep the retractible chain attached to it)

I suppose I won't be able to really use this, regardless. I know I can't shoot straight, and after what happened back home, I don't particularly want to try. So I wonder... why am I still designing this? I have no doubt this could end up being a decent weapon, but what would I do with it? Give it to the corrupt government that sent me here in the first place? Or perhaps give one of the psychos here a new and better way of killing things? Too many questions, not enough answers...

Well, if my local government is corrupt, surely there are others equally bad off. Although I don't doubt that plenty of the people here are borderline insane, there have to be at least a few with some basis in morality. Perhaps one of them can use this kinetic amp gun to better effect.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: June 23, 2012, 10:06:38 pm »

"I'll take 'em all. I've got plans, and it will help to know more about what I'm going to do."

Take ALL the manuals and vids, head back to the rec room and go through all of them, starting with weapon mods.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: June 23, 2012, 10:23:41 pm »

((Hah! I told you people Jim helped me in that first mission!  :P))

Concentrate laser fire on the spot that I last remember that worked on the sentinel.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 2101