_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5935601 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's pronounced "Franc-en-steen"
« Reply #3075 on: June 23, 2012, 01:01:08 am »

((Quick question, do I get my 5 tokens now, or later?))

Having arrived on the ship and been given Steve's brief, thorough, and dread-inducing "introduction to the end of your life" tour, Kyle headed over towards the VR, logging into a spare machine.

"Hey Steve, will we be allowed to send messages to the rest of the universe? It'd be nice to talk to my family and let them know I'm not quite dead yet."

(you have em now.)

>Too bad they are, huh?

The machine says that Travis is lounging in a hammock, Feyri is fighting a Metal sentinel and Jim is in a fight with a little girl.

>Jim
The program kicks into a fight with a little girl.
Thank you for the tips

Go to the VR and try a fight against myself. The bot version with the MFM while I will have the MPA already installed. We will fight in a nondescript white area.
MPA?

((And this RTD is brutal when it comes to character handling, which is part of it's charm I think. It's already had more permenant deaths than any other one that I've read, and has done so in such a short span of time! Holy shit dude!))
((Which gives you a sense of achievement when you actually survive through one or two missions. And remember, your teammates are the biggest hazards.))
((I know! The feeling of getting off that asteroid before those gauss cannon rounds hit was fantastic! An accomplishment to be enjoyed, fo' sure.

And it's not always your teammates that are the biggest hazards, it can also be the mind controlling alien artefacts or a miniture sun with a short lifespan...

Wow, we really are our own worst enemies...))

Bishop nodded at the Armory Master.

"Right, thanks for the help. Do you have and information that I can look at on suit design? I've got a new idea but I'd like to see the design of what we currently have to see what is viable first."

EDIT for new action.
"Got a video about suit modding, if thats what you mean."

You're about to speak when you feel something, an inch in the back of your head, a craving for something you can't guess.

Charro tilted his head and frowned a bit. "Hrm... Maybe I have to be more specific." What followed was a gruelling process of flicking through the many, many channels, his blank stare fixed on the television as he searched intently.
>Flick through channels and attempt to find footage of my home-sector! Whatever it was called. Then inspect the fashions back home!

((I just did that test, and Charro got a 17. Or 14, if the UWM doesn't count as a major villain. :P I haven't exactly fleshed him out too fully, though.))
You begin flicking through channels, looking for a familiar channel. 3540 channels later you've seen nothing.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: June 23, 2012, 01:10:59 am »

Huh, that's odd. He usually knew what he wanted.

"I guess that will have to do. Thanks for the help."

Take the vid, go to the mess hall and grab something to eat and drink and take it all to the rec area to eat while I watch the vid. Ponder craving while I walk, what is it that I want?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: June 23, 2012, 01:27:17 am »

Jim stopped. "Can we skip to the second fight, against a real opponent?" he asked the program.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3078 on: June 23, 2012, 01:46:30 am »

Huh, that's odd. He usually knew what he wanted.

"I guess that will have to do. Thanks for the help."

Take the vid, go to the mess hall and grab something to eat and drink and take it all to the rec area to eat while I watch the vid. Ponder craving while I walk, what is it that I want?
You take the video and head to the rec/mess hall to grab something to eat. As you select random bits of "Food" you consider what it is that you're craving.[intuition: 4] Hmm, it's not food or drink or anything normal. What have you had recently that might make you want it again now?

Jim stopped. "Can we skip to the second fight, against a real opponent?" he asked the program.
The program skips ahead to the next opponent.

By the way, if any of you have fan art, fan fiction, suggestions of music that fit with the general feel of the game or other such things, feel free to post them. I'm gonna start archiving such things on the front page of this thread.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: June 23, 2012, 01:49:26 am »

((@Zako: An itch in the back of your head and a craving. Blame Mesk if you want, but Bishop is addicted to painkillers.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: June 23, 2012, 02:20:54 am »

((Yeah, it looks that way...))

Shrugging, Bishop decides to ignore the feeling and watches the vid while eating and drinking.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: June 23, 2012, 02:56:04 am »

"Bah. How many sentient jello-wrestling channels do we even need?!"
Charro sighed in exasperation and continued switching through channels. Eventually it occured to him to check the remote for some sort of search function... He could just input [Name of home sector] into the search! Easy!
'Now I'm getting somewhere. ...I wonder what year it is, anyway?'

The possibility that the entire place had been destroyed hadn't occured to him yet, it seems.

>Search for home sector using the high-tech remote and its search function!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: June 23, 2012, 06:07:05 am »

Feyri looked at herself in the VR, just as she wanted to be-

Oh wait, she forgot to loadout her own weaponry.

"Um, Steve. Before duel start, could I have my Laser Rifle with me, the one I've been loyal to the whole two missions of mine?"

Ask Steve.

Then move up close to the sentinel, tweaking the knob of the rifle 90 degrees to the right as I move.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 06:53:16 am by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: June 23, 2012, 06:09:05 am »

Jim moved forward and threw a jab at the man's nose.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: June 23, 2012, 09:14:44 am »

Hm, I'd better work on something to let me survive this place. Let's check out the weapons list.

Bringing up the appropriate item selection menu, Kyle looked over his options.

Alright, no lasers or other conventional weapons. I can't shoot straight, and I don't particularly want to learn how. I doubt these amps are a good idea either, considering I have no experience in such things. So that leaves me with the kinetic amplifier, microwave field manipulator, and monoatomic razor. Hm, the manipulator sounds intriguing, I think I'll start with that.

Spawn a microwave field manipulator, test to see just how large of an area I can reliably heat to (say...) 250 degrees Celsius.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3085 on: June 23, 2012, 11:03:13 am »

((Yeah, it looks that way...))

Shrugging, Bishop decides to ignore the feeling and watches the vid while eating and drinking.
You carry your tray over to the couch and eat whist watching the video about suit maintenance and modification. Huh, who knew the MK III had an "enhanced movement" setting? Coolio. Bonus:
(+1 to handiwork related to suits.)

"Bah. How many sentient jello-wrestling channels do we even need?!"
Charro sighed in exasperation and continued switching through channels. Eventually it occured to him to check the remote for some sort of search function... He could just input [Name of home sector] into the search! Easy!
'Now I'm getting somewhere. ...I wonder what year it is, anyway?'

The possibility that the entire place had been destroyed hadn't occured to him yet, it seems.

>Search for home sector using the high-tech remote and its search function!
You look around on the remote for some sort of search function. The remote has, in all, 14 buttons; 10 numbers and the twin volume and channel buttons. You don't think you're gonna be able to search anything on this.

Feyri looked at herself in the VR, just as she wanted to be-

Oh wait, she forgot to loadout her own weaponry.

"Um, Steve. Before duel start, could I have my Laser Rifle with me, the one I've been loyal to the whole two missions of mine?"

Ask Steve.

Then move up close to the sentinel, tweaking the knob of the rifle 90 degrees to the right as I move.

>Again, you don't need to ask me, just ask the computer running the simulation.

You're granted your rifle anyways and proceed to walk right up to the sentinel, twisting a random knob on the side of the gun as you do.

Jim moved forward and threw a jab at the man's nose.
[Dex:2]
[Man dex:2]
You both run right past each other and then spin around, mildly embarrassed.

Hm, I'd better work on something to let me survive this place. Let's check out the weapons list.

Bringing up the appropriate item selection menu, Kyle looked over his options.

Alright, no lasers or other conventional weapons. I can't shoot straight, and I don't particularly want to learn how. I doubt these amps are a good idea either, considering I have no experience in such things. So that leaves me with the kinetic amplifier, microwave field manipulator, and monoatomic razor. Hm, the manipulator sounds intriguing, I think I'll start with that.

Spawn a microwave field manipulator, test to see just how large of an area I can reliably heat to (say...) 250 degrees Celsius.
You think you could probably heat an area of oh, 10 cubic feet that hot. Assuming it's mostly air.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: June 23, 2012, 11:07:51 am »

((Microwave Psychokinetic Amplifier ► MPA))
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: June 23, 2012, 11:09:22 am »

((@Nicholas: Please try to be more practical and avoid killing thousands of people like Nekarios.

@GM: What is the enhanced movement setting? Is that the buzz mode? I don't quite remember the information contained on the video Milno watched.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: June 23, 2012, 11:32:18 am »

((@Nicholas: Please try to be more practical and avoid killing thousands of people like Nekarios.

@GM: What is the enhanced movement setting? Is that the buzz mode? I don't quite remember the information contained on the video Milno watched.))

((Just so long as the mistake of going way overboard with it is not made.

We really, really don't need another Mass Murder Manipulator and Overzealous User.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: June 23, 2012, 11:36:09 am »

"Let's see if this really worked out as it should've been."

Duplicate attack pattern used in first mission on the sentinel.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 2101